Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

as soon as you start rebutting the argument you've accepted the terms of the framing. "The Left Doesn't Like Big Tits Vs Actually Yes We Do"

the only winning move is not to play. anyone who actually enjoys big naturals would be enjoying them, not arguing about it online.

Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I need to watch Phantom of the Paradise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULldW6fU7Vw

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

It's so loving good!

It's not streaming anywhere the last time I checked but, I think there's a low quality rip on the internet archive for some reason

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

goth smoking cloves posted:

It's so loving good!

It's not streaming anywhere the last time I checked but, I think there's a low quality rip on the internet archive for some reason

It isn't streaming but I can rent a good quality version for like $3.

I need to make a letterboxd list of musicals.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
phantom of the paradise is legit terrific

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

as soon as you start rebutting the argument you've accepted the terms of the framing. "The Left Doesn't Like Big Tits Vs Actually Yes We Do"

the only winning move is not to play. anyone who actually enjoys big naturals would be enjoying them, not arguing about it online.

If you can't see the inherent humor in a published article raising the hypothetical that Dave Chappelle would not have gotten in trouble if he had giant tits I don't know what to tell you

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

If you can't see the inherent humor in a published article raising the hypothetical that Dave Chappelle would not have gotten in trouble if he had giant tits I don't know what to tell you

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

No wonder they call you loquacious if you don't know what to tell me but you're still posting

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

No wonder they call you loquacious if you don't know what to tell me but you're still posting

:hai:

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

You gotta frame it so that liking big tits makes them the freak. All Tits Matter

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the real contrarian freak position that will piss people off: "Her tits aren't even that big"

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

:eyepop:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the real contrarian freak position that will piss people off: "Her tits aren't even that big"

the eternal alt-right civil war of trad retvrn guys vs pepe hentai addicts would probably produce that debate naturally given enough time but I don't think the story has enough juice to get there

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Tits discourse is real

e: they were saying this exact same stuff about Kate Upton like five years ago, including "this destroys the left!!!!"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

brugroffil posted:

Tits discourse is real

you would have to be actually brain damaged to believe this

e: directed at the quoted tweet

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

brugroffil posted:

Tits discourse is real

i like how in the headline photo to this article she is standing directly next to someone else showing even more cleavage than she is

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

loquacius posted:

i like how in the headline photo to this article she is standing directly next to someone else showing even more cleavage than she is

She's blonde though, which the wokes have made illegal

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hoots just mad because some people get paid for their porky pig opinions about what they watched this weekend and he has to do it for free as some sort of compulsion.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

yeah it's great

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I've been watching a bunch of 70s movies and it seems the underlying themes for a lot of them are "trying to change the corrupt system is useless because it is too powerful" and "hedonism is the only escape".

I think it is interesting with when the 80s becomes "protect the system from the outsider" or "capitalism is the only escape".

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hoots just mad because some people get paid for their porky pig opinions about what they watched this weekend and he has to do it for free as some sort of compulsion.

No I'm not.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It is crazy though how many people make money off of talking about the boner they got from the latest SNL.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It is true that the 80s were the decade of the cop movie. I blame Reagan imo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

It is crazy though how many people make money off of talking about the boner they got from the latest SNL.

Basically the essence of The Culture War is "I got <angry/horny> when I saw this thing on TV, and because culture consumption is personally the most important thing in my life I can extrapolate that this has vital importance on civilization or politics or racism or whatever"

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

The soundtrack in this movie is really good. I'm surprised someone hasn't tried to remake it.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

I've been watching a bunch of 70s movies and it seems the underlying themes for a lot of them are "trying to change the corrupt system is useless because it is too powerful" and "hedonism is the only escape".

I think it is interesting with when the 80s becomes "protect the system from the outsider" or "capitalism is the only escape".

I find that pop culture during the late 60s-80s tracks how baby boomer ideology evolved (i.e., purported revolutionaries turning inward and becoming yuppies). I could get more into it if you want, but it'd be like reading a less entertaining version of Adam Curtis.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Taking of Pelham 123 is playing on the big screen near me soon and I'm pumped. One of my faves from that era/style and I've never seen it in a theater.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah I think Curtis touches on this in both Century of the Self and Hypernormalization but the transformation of Jane Fonda from Anti-war activist to Workout Tape Spokesperson is a great microcosm of the whole thing. "We cannot change or control the world, but we can change and control ourselves and our bodies" becoming the final stop of the Anti-war hippy boomer.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yeah I think Curtis touches on this in both Century of the Self and Hypernormalization but the transformation of Jane Fonda from Anti-war activist to Workout Tape Spokesperson is a great microcosm of the whole thing. "We cannot change or control the world, but we can change and control ourselves and our bodies" becoming the final stop of the Anti-war hippy boomer.

Yeah. We are kinda seeing it happen again I believe.

In Training posted:

Taking of Pelham 123 is playing on the big screen near me soon and I'm pumped. One of my faves from that era/style and I've never seen it in a theater.

I think that is on my list.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

I was watching part of Tony Scott's 2009 remake of The Taking of Pelham 123. That remake and the original are both perfect reflection of the times they were made, even down to the film stock and color saturation levels.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

brugroffil posted:

Tits discourse is real

e: they were saying this exact same stuff about Kate Upton like five years ago, including "this destroys the left!!!!"
It was Taylor Swift until she BETRAYED THEM!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Holy poo poo it is going to be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mugKDQDlg

Can't believe they did it

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

Huh, I actually want to watch it now

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

wow that actually looks like it could be ok

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

makes perfect sense to me since the 80s is when studios felt like directors were given too much creative control so they heavily reigned that in.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Srice posted:

makes perfect sense to me since the 80s is when studios felt like directors were given too much creative control so they heavily reigned that in.

It's more like the 80s were when Baby Boomers stopped pretending that they wanted to change the world in a self-sacrificing way and fully owned their materialism and self-absorption.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

whoa it does actually look good

walton goggins doesn't miss

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Goggins ftmfw

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Eric Cantonese posted:

I was watching part of Tony Scott's 2009 remake of The Taking of Pelham 123. That remake and the original are both perfect reflection of the times they were made, even down to the film stock and color saturation levels.

love the original so much, one of the movies where everyone with a line feels like a complete character. "what the hell did they expect for their lousy 35 cents - to live forever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Walton Goggins and Michael Emerson being in it were already guaranteeing I'd give it a look.

I'm not really pinning my hopes higher than "watchable" but goddamn I want to believe