Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
remember: gently caress whitey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

my sensibilities!!!!!

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

thats_racist.gif

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

no don't thats how you get more whiteys

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

GoldStandardConure posted:

gently caress whitey if you aint whitey

dilute them :unsmigghh:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

gently caress whitey if you aint whitey

dilute them :unsmigghh:

yeah dilute me

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Not caring about racism against white people like that is unironically peak white privilege.

Though I apologize if you aren't white, then its just racism.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
All white people gently caress dogs

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

another day at the dog museum, white people keep coming up and asking me if they can gently caress the dog. buddy they don't even let me gently caress the dog.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Pleasant Friend posted:

Not caring about racism against white people like that is unironically peak white privilege.

Though I apologize if you aren't white, then its just racism.

Can you explain this young man??

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Recoome posted:

Can you explain this young man??

You understand the concept of white privilege yes? White people, due to historical power and advantage, have the privilege to laugh off and enjoy racism against white people because they don't perceive it matters.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Pleasant Friend posted:

have the privilege to laugh off and enjoy racism against white people because they don't perceive it matters.
you're so close

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

'white people gently caress dogs' factoid based on misunderstanding of statistics. most white people gently caress 0 dogs. Chris 'dogfucker' Kenny who fucks 10000 dogs a day is an outlier and should not have been counted.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

thatbastardken posted:

'white people gently caress dogs' factoid based on misunderstanding of statistics. most white people gently caress 0 dogs. Chris 'dogfucker' Kenny who fucks 10000 dogs a day is an outlier and should not have been counted.

loving lol

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Pleasant Friend posted:

You understand the concept of white privilege yes? White people, due to historical power and advantage, have the privilege to laugh off and enjoy racism against white people because they don't perceive it matters.

Holy poo poo you are almost there

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Budzilla posted:

you're so close

Perceive doesn't mean it does or does not matter. Obviously saying a cop is a stupid white bastard is racist, but it does not actually matter. The "white women gently caress dogs" meme, which is an actual thing on places like twitter, is an example of troubling racism of people with terminally online brainpoison. However the latent misogyny of the meme, and sometimes attacks on queer folks, is clearly a greater concern.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

thatbastardken posted:

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Pleasant Friend posted:

Saying you can't be racist against white people is racist in itself.

Of course it's hard to actually care about racism to white people, but it's not a complicated issue. If someone posts a meme that "all white women gently caress dogs" they are being extremely unambiguously racist.

It's good you had to go the extra mile of making it the racist protect our white women trope to try and make it sound scary

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble
Racism by oppressed people against their oppressors doesn't matter
Racism by oppressors against oppressed people matters a big loving lot

But the idea that "racism is prejudice + power/privilege" is problematic. It tries to frontload the complications of racial justice into a definition that should be very loving simple: racism is thinking that "race" is an important aspect of a human being.

The next step is to recognise that some acts of racism matter more than others, and that power, privilege, malice, harm etc. are all factors in why that is. The problem is that the legal system is built on a phony notion of protecting everyone equally ("the law in its majestic equality forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, to steal their bread"). So some people, for admirable reasons, want to torture the definition of racism so that it can be applied to some people and not others, when instead we should protect our hold on logic and meaning and instead torture the law into recognising that some acts of racism should be punished and others let slide.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

sick of Applebees posted:

It's good you had to go the extra mile of making it the racist protect our white women trope to try and make it sound scary

That was an actual example of a real racist meme.
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/white-girls-gently caress-dogs-dogpill/photos

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

GrandTheftAutism posted:

The Oxford English Dictionary does not limit the definition of racism as applying only to white against others.

If a black person behaves violently or aggressively towards a white person solely because that person is white, that is racism, regardless of your belief or opinion.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I was going to try and put local colour into the racism dial tweet but really it's fine as is.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
do sailors get an extra dose of radiation from working on nuclear subs or is the shielding real good?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Pleasant Friend posted:

Perceive doesn't mean it does or does not matter. Obviously saying a cop is a stupid white bastard is racist, but it does not actually matter. The "white women gently caress dogs" meme, which is an actual thing on places like twitter, is an example of troubling racism of people with terminally online brainpoison. However the latent misogyny of the meme, and sometimes attacks on queer folks, is clearly a greater concern.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Yes, I understand you are very proud to be racist and will never give it up. Nobody cares.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

hooman posted:

Ah, I guess she must have called the cop the w-word purely because they were white with no other factors involved.

When someone says to me "Go gently caress yourself you white oval office" they're not saying that because I'm white, they're saying that because I'm being a oval office.

When someone says to you "Go gently caress yourself you oval office" they are being offensive.

When someone says to you "Go gently caress yourself you white oval office" they are being offensive and racist.

Why they're saying it is a legal concern, not a linguistic one.

thatbastardken posted:

the oxford english dictionary can get hosed imo

You get hosed, it's the gold standard for the English language

Recoome posted:

Big loving shocker that the poster who voted against First Nations constitutional recognition busts out the dictionary to define racism

Those kids who got tied up in Broome didn't cry as much as you have, calm down bro

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Mar 7, 2024

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

We should assassinate politicians? Is that what you are saying forums user The Peccadillo?

Yes. Unless it's a crime to say yes. In which case no and how dare you suggest I would think that and you should go to prison forever

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

The Peccadillo posted:

Yes. Unless it's a crime to say yes. In which case no and how dare you suggest I would think that and you should go to prison forever

can you please speak up, the microphone in my shirt didnt catch that

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

thatbastardken posted:

the oxford english dictionary can get hosed imo

Woah woah woah STEP. OFF. I know we are all real hot headed right now but there's no need for that

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
There's good reason Extinction Rebellion are scorned by SAlt and get subverted by SAll, they're white collar dipshits who finally grew a conscience, read exactly one stat (2% of the population protesting= political change) but misdirected their anger into flash mobs and traffic stops cause they think outrage will flow into political education. They're not targeting their actions against politicians (city councils are loving pointless) and the actual perpetrators so they're just as likely to get bashed by an angry truckie and take a happy snap while the media is free to spin 1,000 articles about the innocent people inconvenienced (good job stopping the pregnant women getting to the hospital dickheads!) who aren't similarly white, middle class and have the privilege to be jailed for protest
. https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/24/uk/extinction-rebellion-environment-diversity-gbr-intl/index.html

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Extinction rebellion seems lame. Post-graduate.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

GrandTheftAutism posted:

When someone says to you "Go gently caress yourself you oval office" they are being offensive.

When someone says to you "Go gently caress yourself you white oval office" they are being offensive and racist.

Why they're saying it is a legal concern, not a linguistic one.

You get hosed, it's the gold standard for the English language

Those kids who got tied up in Broome didn't cry as much as you have, calm down bro

Sir this is not it.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
White oval office energy

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GoldStandardConure posted:

my sex life is praxis.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Pleasant Friend posted:

You just said yourself the parts that are concerning about it are the parts that target the marginalised!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GrandTheftAutism posted:

Making light of the brutalisation of marginalised children to score a sick own is not the W you think it is. Everything right up to here was a dumb definitional argument, but this is seriously lovely.

slorb
May 14, 2002
Its a pity we don't have a republic because no PM has the balls to make Sam Kerr the Governor General.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
because the last time Kerr was GG it worked out so well

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Robodog posted:

because the last time Kerr was GG it worked out so well

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

hooman posted:

Making light of the brutalisation of marginalised children to score a sick own is not the W you think it is. Everything right up to here was a dumb definitional argument, but this is seriously lovely.

u mad

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 7, 2024