Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

HopperUK posted:

I can understand having an alt account, I suppose, though I can't *really* fathom why you'd bother. But the idea of having an alt account to reply to yourself and boost your perceived popularity is just so pathetic. Like how do you even start to type a response to yourself without thinking 'wait what the gently caress am I doing' and choosing not to?

That's exactly what I was thinking HopperUK. You are so smart. And cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I’m going to see Dune 2 in full imax 70mm but it’ll be one of the corner seats so I expect it to be a land of contrasts

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's mostly sand tbh

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a land of sand

a sand land

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SatQjDO6K24&hd=1

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wish to share the word while the VODs are still available

Tom Walker is playing Grand Theft Auto IV.

He is playing it normally, except all cars have their speed set to 999999.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdbloodedCreativeManateeANELE-V1taquY7WzMk5m-E

he does not seem to be reuploading the VODs anywhere, so watch'em while you can or archive them yourself. here's the most recent one but there's three others
https://twitch.tv/videos/2083527167

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Infinitum posted:

Always love when it's revealed long time posters have been maintaining a second profile for years and it comes back to bite em in the rear end.

Think it's happened 2-3 times in recent memory?

I am glad my second and third profile existing will never, ever come back to bite me in the rear end. Sure, it did to those other people, but not me.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Wait, what's going on with Dark I'd? I'm confused.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bad Video Games posted:

start here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4028862&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1562#post538137312

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Bad Video Games posted:

Plz come back and post your reactions

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Or, don't

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Valid

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Fallout show looks dope, hoping it's good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mugKDQDlg

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hope it's bad 😈

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

External Organs posted:

Plz come back and post your reactions

I was mostly curious because people brought it up without context. I don't have any real ties or feeling for Dark Id. I never watched their lps or interacted with them.

The internet really brings out some weird poo poo in people. I'm not sure if it's better or worse than before.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
If it's bad they can just donate a bunch of caps to the local cult and get a karma boost

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

This... actually looks really goddamn good and I definitely want to see it now.

Surely I won't be disappointed AGAIN.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Well looks like I'm signing up for a month of prime.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ah so this is what the Dune game people wanted the freedom to be able to make.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

fridge corn posted:

That's exactly what I was thinking HopperUK. You are so smart. And cool.

See I would never get caught because everyone says how cool and smart I am all the time anyway. The perfect crime.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

getting banner ads for ff7 featuring a proud "The Game Awards Winner: MOST ANTICIPATED" caption flanked by laurels, very weird to me

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
people want it the most and so do you. the academy says so

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Can someone give me a brief rundown on what this sweet baby nonsense is? From what I can tell on Twitter it's a bunch of nonsense that gamergaters are upset about but I'm still not real clear on what sweet baby inc does

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they make some good rear end BBQ sauce op

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Can someone give me a brief rundown on what this sweet baby nonsense is? From what I can tell on Twitter it's a bunch of nonsense that gamergaters are upset about but I'm still not real clear on what sweet baby inc does

The general idea is that they are hired by game development studios to help write characters with a focus on diversity. The CEO of Sweet Baby said some stuff that people didn't like, and now gamers are using it as an excuse to be openly racist because of course they are.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

they make some good rear end BBQ sauce op

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Apparently Shinichiro Watanabe needs funding to finish off Lazarus :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS480mqndzQ

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Lol that AAA develpers need to hire a consultant to be not racist or sexist

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

HopperUK posted:

See I would never get caught because everyone says how cool and smart I am all the time anyway. The perfect crime.

so the means if someone is being mean to you it's an obvious alt trying yo set themselves up to get owned to make you look better...?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Lol that AAA develpers need to hire a consultant to be not racist or sexist

Yeah i'm not really sure why such a company is necessary. The game industry is really telling on itself judging by the list of game devs that have worked with Sweet Baby (its a lot).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't think I've ever avoided looking into some drama as enthusiastically as this one

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, they consulted on a few popular titles and the worst people decided that they were a cabal of satanic pedophiles singlehandedly making the games woke.

Just losers trying to make Gamergate happen again, this happens maybe every 6 months or so, it's a nothingburger

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Yeah i'm not really sure why such a company is necessary. The game industry is really telling on itself judging by the list of game devs that have worked with Sweet Baby (its a lot).

Who gives a poo poo? We know the video games industry sucks rear end at diversity and representation, so here's a group who's here to get paid to think A LOT about it and help make the games. What's the problem?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You have been sent to media jail. You may choose your sentence: Play Overwatch Cowboy Bebop for 10 hours or watch all of Netflix Live Action Cowboy Bebop.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, they consulted on a few popular titles and the worst people decided that they were a cabal of satanic pedophiles singlehandedly making the games woke.

Just losers trying to make Gamergate happen again, this happens maybe every 6 months or so, it's a nothingburger

sweet baby supposedly did work on susqua, so it's given losers a new veneer of leverage to point to them as the reason the game's writing is less than stellar

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Khanstant posted:

You have been sent to media jail. You may choose your sentence: Play Overwatch Cowboy Bebop for 10 hours or watch all of Netflix Live Action Cowboy Bebop.

10 hours of Cowboy Bebop. How's that even a question?

poo poo, I misread the question. gently caress phones.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 7, 2024

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Consulting to check that you're not making some massive blunder due to a blind spot in your relatively small writing team seems sensible to me. A lot of game dev teams are solidly mono-cultural, they might try to be diverse and culturally sensitive but there is a real chance they're going to make some dumb mistake or just be poo poo at it because it's all second hand.

AAA studios should probably be able to do that in-house, but you could say that about a lot of niche functions that regularly get outsourced to contractors.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Macaluso posted:

They're just not great contract writers. Recent example they did a Woke Lex Luther in the Suicide Squad disaster, pissing off both the incels and seriousl DC fans. But I repeat myself. Or maybe it's intentional and they write out of genius hate for publishers and gamers.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Heran Bago posted:

They're just not great contract writers. Recent example they did a Woke Lex Luther in the Suicide Squad disaster, pissing off both the incels and seriousl DC fans. But I repeat myself. Or maybe it's intentional and they write out of genius hate for publishers and gamers.

Shut the gently caress up, loser

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Heran Bago posted:

AIDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

goatface posted:

Consulting to check that you're not making some massive blunder due to a blind spot in your relatively small writing team seems sensible to me. A lot of game dev teams are solidly mono-cultural, they might try to be diverse and culturally sensitive but there is a real chance they're going to make some dumb mistake or just be poo poo at it because it's all second hand.

AAA studios should probably be able to do that in-house, but you could say that about a lot of niche functions that regularly get outsourced to contractors.

Yeah, this is something that sadly needs to exist, in the same way that intimacy coordinators need to be on movie sets. It's just a huge minefield and relying on the personal judgement of every one of the many, many people involved is not enough