Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Large Testicles posted:

biggy would still be alive if it wasn't for him

yea ordering hits on others can result in your own best friend getting popped. sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Re-listening to the ghost stories series on the octopus and it is surprising how much more detail it has on the various accounts of the days around Danny's death compared to the Netflix one

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Re-listening to the ghost stories series on the octopus and it is surprising how much more detail it has on the various accounts of the days around Danny's death compared to the Netflix one

Yeah the Netflix one really flamed out on that last episode

One issue as well is the lack of ideological rigor in contextualizing the dispirit crimes as a function of the way the bourgeois system operates.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Also the lesson being “sure there is a web of murders and Nazi-caliber exploitation going on around you but please chill out, ride skateboards in Williamsburg brooklyn, and live laugh and love” is a bit of a problematic mixed bag

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

In sum, Netflix’s “the octopus murders” is a frustrating limited hang out designed to throw you off the case

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

okay but.... why is she wearing the dress from Rosemary's Baby??

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

to signal she gave birth to the antichrist duh

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
people are always doing this crazy association stuff with the number 666 but it would be far more interesting for me if they were crazy about the number 69 or maybe 420

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

they even had to cheat a really half-assed explanation of why it was 66 months and 63 days, on top of 6666 not being the number of the beast

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Large Testicles posted:

biggy would still be alive if it wasn't for him

and tupac, puffy didn't directly order the trigger pulled but he got killed by Orlando Anderson who Tupac had jumped earlier that day in retaliation against orlando Anderson being part of another death row records member getting their chain snatched for the ten thousand dollar bounty puffy had put out on them as part of a way to escalate the east/west beef

then suge figured it was puffys fault and turnabouts fair play and got biggie killed then drove over a guys head with a truck on camera
cops were involved with both killings, the biggie hitman was a dirty cop iirc

there's actually parts of the eastwest beef that tie in with Epstein thread lol, fbi was 100% around the downfall of Tupac

https://entertainment.ie/music/james-jimmy-henchman-rosemond-admits-involvement-in-1994-tupac-shakur-shooting-272193/

FirstnameLastname has issued a correction as of 21:04 on Mar 4, 2024

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Corky Romanovsky posted:

that is a shame. I was really hoping they would use the opportunity to do some good work but that doesn't look like it happened. Haven't watched the series yet.

there are definitely some so far unexplored avenues on Danny's death that could have been investigated. I've considered it myself but don't want to contact the surviving family members

bedpan has issued a correction as of 21:28 on Mar 4, 2024

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
https://twitter.com/AlanDersh/status/1764752981604393271

PUBITS LOSE!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

can't squirsh the dersh!

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

bedpan posted:

that is a shame. I was really hoping they would use the opportunity to do some good work but that doesn't look like it happened. Haven't watched the series yet.

there are definitely some so far unexplored avenues on Danny's death that could have been investigated. I've considered it myself but don't want to contact the surviving family members

It was frustrating because in the podcast interviews they had some details I don't recall hearing about riconosciuto. They did some firsthand investigation/interviews, which were refreshing when compared with ghost stories's "we read a book and a blog".

Also, it may be a bit of a disservice to use riconosciuto's behavior now after 26 years(?) in the clink to judge with certainty his earlier statements. Similarly Hamilton and that bowling alley lady. It sends the message that despite however much has been corroborated, gotta throw it all out because someone couldn't keep it together spending decades locked up or because one person was feeding them poorly sourced information.

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
Honestly just make a whole documentary on Riconosciuto, it's completely insane regardless of whether he was connected to the conspiracy stuff. Getting precious metals out of slags, working on rail guns, underwater meth labs, schooled in a place for troubled boys run by anti-communist Hungarian monks used as a feeder system for intelligence agencies...what the christ. Does anyone have the letter where riconoscuito says 9/11 was planned? I swear I saw it but can't find anything about it.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

inconsequential posted:

Honestly just make a whole documentary on Riconosciuto, it's completely insane regardless of whether he was connected to the conspiracy stuff. Getting precious metals out of slags, working on rail guns, underwater meth labs, schooled in a place for troubled boys run by anti-communist Hungarian monks used as a feeder system for intelligence agencies...what the christ. Does anyone have the letter where riconoscuito says 9/11 was planned? I swear I saw it but can't find anything about it.

Yeah that dude is fascinating, over and over the guys remark that he seems to be full of poo poo and then they found evidence that no, actually, what he said appears to be true. His lengthy prison sentence appears to make no sense, I kept thinking that he was being kept in jail until the majority of the players he knew about had kicked the bucket. The way the documentary ended is really annoying and I hope these guys keep producing more.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/karl_fh/status/1765494431539462300

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Hell yeah

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Loucks posted:

The same actors who funded and ran him. Do you imagine the abuse was the point? Or is this some meta joke I’m completely missing?

Also :lol: at “this box represents a real photo of a kid in a swimsuit.” loving weirdos.

Would you rather they have reshared the sketchy photo in question?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

a member of Blur has just been announced as standing to be an MP for labour

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Egg Moron posted:

In sum, Netflix’s “the octopus murders” is a frustrating limited hang out designed to throw you off the case

Wild, Wild Country helped the Rajneesh generate enough content to overshadow decades of accusations of child abuse and sexual abuse. Even their sports documentaries are notorious for playing fast and loose with archival footage to help reshape chronologies. Most of the time it's probably for entertainment, but it does help a lot of the people being portrayed control the narrative more.

Anyway, my point is that I wouldn't count on any documentary on Netflix to give you the full truth. It's not a core value of theirs.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Eric Cantonese posted:

Would you rather they have reshared the sketchy photo in question?

If you don’t understand why including a blank box with a note saying what it represents for no apparent reason at all is funny I don’t think I can explain it to you.

Also go gently caress yourself.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

100% true. but shoegaze has had its revenge.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Loucks posted:

If you don’t understand why including a blank box with a note saying what it represents for no apparent reason at all is funny I don’t think I can explain it to you.

Also go gently caress yourself.

The reason they had the note is their attempt to show how the gross viewer reactions were showing up on Instagram. An attempt at to better convey to readers how all this stuff shows presents itself. I don't agree that it was done for "no apparent reason," but I can see why someone might find that note darkly funny.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
So there is this chef José Andrés brought up in the Israel/Palestine thread who made an announcement about donating food to Gaza and photo ops with Zelenski and donating to Ukraine. I need the open eyes of the Epstein thread on who the heck this guy is.

wikipedia posted:

In response to the 2010 Haiti earthquake, Andrés formed World Central Kitchen, which provides healthy food to families and individuals touched by disasters.[23] Since it was founded, the NGO has organized meals in the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Zambia, Peru, Cuba, Uganda, Cambodia,[3] and in Poland on the border of Ukraine.[24] It has provided aid and meals in the United States and Puerto Rico and has helped during the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States.

During the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, José Andrés announced that he was going to donate a part of $100-million Courage and Civility Award given to him by Jeff Bezos[25] to address the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine.[26]

Guy seems like a spook sponsored face. A charity for disaster areas that involves shipping large amounts of material is a good cover for spook poo poo. I'm sure the millions billionaires are handing José is for tapas and not underage prostitutes.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

All I know about Jose Andres is his restaurants are boomer bait for the NOVA/DC crowd. Undoubtedly popular spots for intelligence and contractor spooks of all kinds.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Eric Cantonese posted:

Wild, Wild Country helped the Rajneesh generate enough content to overshadow decades of accusations of child abuse and sexual abuse. Even their sports documentaries are notorious for playing fast and loose with archival footage to help reshape chronologies. Most of the time it's probably for entertainment, but it does help a lot of the people being portrayed control the narrative more.

Anyway, my point is that I wouldn't count on any documentary on Netflix to give you the full truth. It's not a core value of theirs.

the early dollop episode on the rajneeshes is really funny and features a rare gareth ethnic accent. i dont believe it mentions child abuse either, the focus is mainly on farcical attempts to manipulate local govt and botched land grabs

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Anyone check out the Raëlian Church documentary by Netflix? Maybe they get the same treatment.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
just remembered that R Kelly video of him singing to the folks in attendance if they have their passports and are vaccinated they can come
with him to America.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

just remembered that R Kelly video of him singing to the folks in attendance if they have their passports and are vaccinated they can come
with him to America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a-U43BRfuI

the backup singers always crack me up

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

i have a chapbook by ian svenious of nation of ulysses/the make-up from 2006 that devotes a chapter arguing a similar line about oasis and blur specifically being intelligence operations. strange parallel there

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

OH MY BAD posted:

i have a chapbook by ian svenious of nation of ulysses/the make-up from 2006 that devotes a chapter arguing a similar line about oasis and blur specifically being intelligence operations. strange parallel there

please post it lol. I need Ian Svenonius to enter thread lore

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
the book is called "the psychic soviet" and it's full of insane semi-marxist frankfurt school style ramblings about seinfeld being a cultural trojan horse to make white people gentrify cities and how coffee is the blood of south america consumed by the american vampire etc

the chapter in question is called the seduction of paolo hewitt but the text is too tiny to photograph (it's pocket bible sized) but he repeatedly mentions blur/oasis as a means to pump up national sentiment in the UK

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

OH MY BAD posted:

and how coffee is the blood of south america consumed by the american vampire etc
it's true. next time you're white and need to stay up, take some meth.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

OH MY BAD posted:

the book is called "the psychic soviet" and it's full of insane semi-marxist frankfurt school style ramblings about seinfeld being a cultural trojan horse to make white people gentrify cities and how coffee is the blood of south america consumed by the american vampire etc

the chapter in question is called the seduction of paolo hewitt but the text is too tiny to photograph (it's pocket bible sized) but he repeatedly mentions blur/oasis as a means to pump up national sentiment in the UK

Britpop as a vector for "cool Britannia" to usher in the reign of New Labour etc. It all tracks

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I could believe Blur is an op, but Oasis not so much.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Tricky D posted:

I could believe Blur is an op, but Oasis not so much.

*ahem*

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
If Blur was an op, is Gorillaz an op too? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

absolutely