Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vargatron posted:

I have never even heard of Escuela Grind before hearing about this drama. What kind of metal do they even play?

The hint is in the name, though they also do EPs in other genres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
I saw Necrofier, Worm , Devil Master and Hulder on their current Decibel Magazine tour. Worm was fantastic!!!

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Smirr posted:

You didn't ask for recommendations, but I'll still recommend Daeva (the US one) as a very good Absu substitute without any of Prospector's dipshittery

This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI6_mGPOeRU
Pretty crazy that this is essentially Crypt Sermon with a different vocalist.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

stab posted:

*No Prayer for the Dying has entered the chat*

No Prayer and Fear of the Dark are Maiden at their absolute worst, with Bruce turning in inexplicably bad performances considering how much better his subsequent solo output would go on to be. Somewhere In Time and Powerslave are Maiden's best.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
I absolutely love Maiden and put them in my top 10 of all time.

But I also don't think Maiden ever made a consistently solid album. I think each album has 3-5 absolutely jaw-dropping and amazing songs, and 3-5 completely forgettable fillers.

Those 3-5 amazing songs are better than the best songs of most bands and it's worth buying the album for those 3 songs. But I've always found Maiden albums to kinda be half filler...

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Number of the Beast is wall to wall bangers except for Gangland, which even the band admits should've had Total Eclipse in its place.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

ultraviolence123 posted:

Also love Killers and the S/T. Nice and gritty sounding to my ears.

Another vote for these, they always seem underrated when to me they’re better than most of the discography.

I just started fantasizing about a Di’Anno Maiden reunion, something I don’t think could happen but would love to see, so I looked him up to see how he’s doing, and… it’s not great

quote:

Ex-Iron Maiden singer, Paul Di’Anno, Aussie gig labelled ‘world’s slowest heavy metal car crash’

A heavy metal icon’s tour has gone down like a lead balloon for some fans, with one reviewer likening it to “the stages of grief”.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...9fc8358d4b2a0e9

That said, describing a show like the worlds slowest heavy metal car crash that also sounds like the stages of grief only makes me want to see it more, that sounds badass

Snowy fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 7, 2024

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

i hung out with escuela grind the last few times they were here in pittsburgh and they seemed very cool and were fun to be around. i say this as a cautionary tale, don't become that actor who says a director you work with can't be a sex creep because he never molested YOU. it seems basic but people can seem totally normal and be shitheads when you aren't around

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

New High on Fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eaYjKB_Phc

It's High on Fire so it whips

I love how Matt Pike loses his shirt, gets it back, loses it, then gets it back again throughout the video.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Saw Cradle of Filth the other night, and goddamn, they brought it. When Dani came out at first, there was a smattering of laughter because he's actually really short and was jumping up and down like a terrier to psyche himself up. But then the blastbeats and his famous shriek kicked in, and so did the pits. A really good show, probably one of the most intense I've ever been to. Something about the drums and the snare particularly was hitting so hard, and the time just flew past. And, the guy can still shriek and howl to disgusting pitches, so that was cool too.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

henpod posted:

Saw Cradle of Filth the other night, and goddamn, they brought it. When Dani came out at first, there was a smattering of laughter because he's actually really short and was jumping up and down like a terrier to psyche himself up. But then the blastbeats and his famous shriek kicked in, and so did the pits. A really good show, probably one of the most intense I've ever been to. Something about the drums and the snare particularly was hitting so hard, and the time just flew past. And, the guy can still shriek and howl to disgusting pitches, so that was cool too.

One of these years Im gonna order a Dani Filth cameo for my friend who is a diehard fan of the band

I like them, good to know they still kick rear end live

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Snowy posted:

That said, describing a show like the worlds slowest heavy metal car crash that also sounds like the stages of grief only makes me want to see it more, that sounds badass

I'd go watch a doom band with that sort of write up for sure.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CoF rules hard - they really figured out their poo poo on the last few albums. I would dare say no bad ones to be honest - even the Sony album.

And yeah, he's a shortie :lol: I met him and we're the same height.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Dusk and Her Embrace is one of the all-time classics for sure. I'm not sure if they have any really bad albums, but they definitely had a bit of a slump in the early to mid 2000s and I fell off then.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
They're one of those bands that you couldn't really like in the late '90s and early '00s because of, well, their fanbase

Dani was always a next-level lyricist though. Not my cup of tea, but he obviously put a lot of care and skill into what he was doing

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Henchman of Santa posted:

Number of the Beast is wall to wall bangers except for Gangland, which even the band admits should've had Total Eclipse in its place.

Huh, I’ve been skipping Total Eclipse on the re-release for awhile now, it’s never done anything for me and I like Gangland a lot.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Smirr posted:

You didn't ask for recommendations, but I'll still recommend Daeva (the US one) as a very good Absu substitute without any of Prospector's dipshittery

This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI6_mGPOeRU

yo this rocks

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Ulcerate is going to have a new album out this year. They've never made a bad record and the last two (Shrines of Paralysis and Stare into Death and Be Still) are their second-best and best records respectively, so this is tremendous news:

Here's a horrible link to the instagram announcement.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4NDEVdMM29/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

deadking posted:

Ulcerate is going to have a new album out this year. They've never made a bad record and the last two (Shrines of Paralysis and Stare into Death and Be Still) are their second-best and best records respectively, so this is tremendous news:

Here's a horrible link to the instagram announcement.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4NDEVdMM29/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

i was just listening to stare into death yesterday and wondering when they'd be putting something new out

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

Dusk and Her Embrace is one of the all-time classics for sure. I'm not sure if they have any really bad albums, but they definitely had a bit of a slump in the early to mid 2000s and I fell off then.

CoF was one of my favorite bands in high school and I still go back to the 90's stuff regularly. The post Midian stuff is kinda hit or miss, but from 2008 til now they've been knocking out good to great albums. The remixed version of "Cruelty and the Beast" is fantastic and sounds so much better than the original.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

cradle of filth is a band i know exists but i don't know that i've ever bothered to listen to any of their stuff

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I'm sure they're technically skilled but that doesn't mean they sound good

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
maybe they have a song on the charmed soundtrack idk

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Their early stuff is pretty good and their REALLY early stuff is straight death metal which is kind of funny.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Municipal Waste dropped their EP from 2002 for the first time digitally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e05MGIDIH8k

quote:

MUNICIPAL WASTE's Tango & Thrash EP (originally recorded in 2002) and now available on digital and streaming platforms for the first time; fully remastered with bonus tracks! The vinyl, CD, cassette and merch bundles will be released on May 24, 2024 via Nuclear Blast Records. Listen and order at https://municipalwaste.bfan.link/tango-thrash.yde

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Killingyouguy! posted:

I'm sure they're technically skilled but that doesn't mean they sound good

That’s usually not a good sign, imo

Keep it sloppy :v:

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Has anyone ever grilled Dave Mustaine on his negative contributions to tornado safety

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
ITS NEW JUDAS PRIEST DAY Y’ALL

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nh_3y5WX0FaRJHPzVdmhmSdAY9LxGt_yo&si=hO9R4xGyWl05PtML

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

New releases day

Judas Priest on non-BC, trad
Myrath on non-BC, symphonic pm
Skeletal Remains, dm
Sonata Arctica on non-BC, pm
Critical Defiance, thrash
Midnight, speed, black'n'roll
Exhorder, groovy thrash
Merrimack, bm
Early Moods, doom
Apogean, tech death
Before the Dawn on non-BC, melodeath
Grey Skies Fallen, death doom
Vomit Spell, deathgrind
Slimelord, death doom
Lutharo on non-BC, melodeath
Pantheist, doom
Ecclesia, doom
Turbulence on non-BC, prog
Unholyscent, blackened death
Besotten / Funerelic split, death/death doom split
Speedkiller, black speed
Skull Incision, sludgy grind

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Burton C. Bell put out a new single. :3: He's looking a bit rough. Embracing his industrial metal roots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejssq84_4TA
"I'd rather be dead than a slave to the factory"

Hmm, what does it mean?!

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Slimelord album is good

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Myrath is usually pretty good. The songs they released from the album didn't quite grab me, but perhaps they make sense in context of the album.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I can't believe Century Media actually put up a bandcamp page.

There's a lot of stuff up there now: https://centurymedia.bandcamp.com/music

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I can't believe Century Media actually put up a bandcamp page.

There's a lot of stuff up there now: https://centurymedia.bandcamp.com/music

No lie.

I see lot of 90:s good stuff there like Moonspell, Sentenced and Lacuna Coil there.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nazzadan posted:

Midnight, speed, black'n'roll

Is it just me or does this sound even nastier and punkier than they used to?

loving rips, anyways

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Alterium - Of War and Flames (power/symphonic)

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Mrs. Auxiliary, from the next room: "Why is Geddy Lee singing power metal?" :lol:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
New Judas Priest album FUCKS

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

New Priest fuckin rips. How the hell does Halford still have these kind of pipes? I can’t wait to see them in October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Hell yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwMZ20ZVZeE