Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

harperdc posted:

ahahahaha she hit him with that 「日本語上手」, holy poo poo.
I don't get the context, is this a back-handed compliment or something?

CannonFodder posted:

Do it Mike.

Take his head off.
:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

My dream is to one day roll up on the in-laws in Thailand like this, but unlike (I assume) this guy's wife mine has told me that at this point I'm basically on my own for learning her native language.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/HollyAnderson/status/1765754001738383798

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Fifty Three posted:

I don't get the context, is this a back-handed compliment or something?

If it's anything like Korean, once you string together a few sentences they hit you with "ooh, your Korean is so good!" even if it isn't, just because they don't expect white people to speak a word of it.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

cautiously optimistic for this

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It has high production values and Goggs so I’ll watch an episode or two but kind of a dumb idea for a show.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

CannonFodder posted:

Do it Mike.

Take his head off.

Mike’s old as poo poo, this is likely to be a pretty sad exhibition.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

StupidSexyMothman posted:

cautiously optimistic for this

Why, the entire point of Fallout is unfettered capitalism leads to autocracy and it's produced by Amazon

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Fallout by Amazon but Capitalism is Good.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I got pulled away from it for awhile so I decided to restart Disco Elysium and I’ve already made my guy quit the police three times before I can even investigate the body because I make him too depressed. Maybe I should see a doctor lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

I got pulled away from it for awhile so I decided to restart Disco Elysium and I’ve already made my guy quit the police three times before I can even investigate the body because I make him too depressed. Maybe I should see a doctor lol

I could never do anything to let Kim down.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Never played Fallout but love the vibe of this trailer, like Blast from the Past gets dark. Also Goggins, Kyle MacLachlan, and Michael Emerson means its going to have some S-tier performances at the very least.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Borderlands? Fallout? What’s next RDR? Skyrim?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a sexual elk posted:

Skyrim would only work if the main character sneaks around everywhere collecting books because MY EXPERIENCE IS THE ONE TRUE EXPERIENCE

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

I assumed. I voted for the libertarian candidate in a grade school poll in '96.

I thought I was "fiscally conservative but socially liberal" in high school and so I thought that meant I was a libertarian. In college I met a couple of libertarians and listening to a few of their rants convinced me I might not be sure where I was on the political spectrum, but I was definitely 100% not sharing space with those people.

It turns out what I meant by "fiscally conservative" was just "our tax money should be spent wisely, like, on social services, supporting the arts and sciences, protecting our national parks, etc; not on the military or on corporate welfare or on pork barrel poo poo for corrupt politicians to pander to their base" which is not Conservative at all haha.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The problems are bad but their causes are good.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I kind of like both

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a sexual elk posted:

I'd say give me a Yakuza show, but Tokyo Vice seems to hit that niche pretty well.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Leperflesh posted:

I thought I was "fiscally conservative but socially liberal" in high school and so I thought that meant I was a libertarian. In college I met a couple of libertarians and listening to a few of their rants convinced me I might not be sure where I was on the political spectrum, but I was definitely 100% not sharing space with those people.

It turns out what I meant by "fiscally conservative" was just "our tax money should be spent wisely, like, on social services, supporting the arts and sciences, protecting our national parks, etc; not on the military or on corporate welfare or on pork barrel poo poo for corrupt politicians to pander to their base" which is not Conservative at all haha.

I am pretty sure I had the exact same mentality of "fiscally conservative but socially liberal", though I did not think I was a libertarian because I probably did not know they existed. Well, of course I don't want to waste money! I also remember having a mock elementary school election in 1988 and I was the only vote for Jesse Jackson. I have no idea why, maybe he was in the news the night before. Bush won in a landslide because everyone came to the conclusion that Dukakis is a silly name.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

swickles posted:

Never played Fallout but love the vibe of this trailer, like Blast from the Past gets dark. Also Goggins, Kyle MacLachlan, and Michael Emerson means its going to have some S-tier performances at the very least.

It's the same poo poo every studio is doing: they have a story, but no IP. So they just slap character IP into a non connecting story and sell it on the brand name.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Forrest on Fire posted:

It's the same poo poo every studio is doing: they have a story, but no IP. So they just slap character IP into a non connecting story and sell it on the brand name.

That’s preferable to IP and no story, though. Like if somebody wrote a fun spy thriller and Sony slapped Uncharted branding on it, that would be a weird fit, but it would better than the Uncharted movie we got, which was just nothing.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 7, 2024

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

General Dog posted:

That’s preferable to IP and no story, though.

That's just what season two of these inevitable cancellations ends up being.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

It is a deeply weird game but I enjoyed the ride.

This will probably be cringe but I'm down to give it a try. At least they had the good sense to put that "I don't want to set the world on fire" banger in the trailer. The Fallout world has off the chart vibes so hopefully that can carry one season.

a sexual elk posted:

I think some kind of live action Zelda movie is in the works

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

General Dog posted:

Just pretend he's going to look like this despite a decade passing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhQsxcbo6gk

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

General Dog posted:

Mike's just gotta get one clean hit.

But yeah, he's 57. I just want him to knock Jake Paul out, but that's what I want to happen, doesn't mean it will happen.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lmao, how the hell did the 2023 AFCE thread end up with 1157 pages? The sad little AFCW only has 42.

Edit: Oh yeah, mcmagic is a Jets fan and posts there.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Fallout show seems to nail the aesthetic without looking goofy, which you certainly can’t say about the Borderlands movie.

I also highly doubt that Amazon cares about some light criticism of capital in their post apocalyptic mutant show

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

wandler20 posted:

lmao, how the hell did the 2023 AFCE thread end up with 1157 pages? The sad little AFCW only has 42.

Edit: Oh yeah, mcmagic is a Jets fan and posts there.

It wasn't reset for 2023 for whatever reason so it's 2 years worth of mcmagic shitposts. Also we use it as our own personal GDT so it gains like 20 pages every Sunday

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

a sexual elk posted:

The Proposition was RDR before RDR even existed.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Docjowles posted:

It wasn't reset for 2023 for whatever reason so it's 2 years worth of mcmagic shitposts. Also we use it as our own personal GDT so it gains like 20 pages every Sunday

Ok, that makes more sense. Still impressive work.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hmm?

https://x.com/unusual_whales/status/1765805732308685274?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Ok, that makes more sense. Still impressive work.

yeah, I had 20 pages of posts in that thread, mcmagic had 140

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I think this interview / screening went well...

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Do it! If I didn't live in ND I'd look pretty hard at the truck.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

:lmao:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kalli posted:

good god

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I tired of Fallout when Fallout 3 was a thing but I might watch this.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah, for a while I was the "Government should stay out of our lives! Get the government out of the bedroom (LGBT issues)! What I do at home is my own business (cannabis issues)! We need less regulations! (man I dunno, just general ACAB thoughts)" kinda guy.

I still am, but coming from the other direction. And I left that idea before I found out about the whole Libertarian Pedo connection.

wandler20 posted:

Do it! If I didn't live in ND I'd look pretty hard at the truck.
Yeah, super cold weather really hurts EVs. Even if you leave it plugged in to a 240v / 30a outlet and have it warm up the car on a schedule, you will still get crappy range compared to living in mild areas.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 7, 2024

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
It does not even need to be super cold, even 40-50 degrees knocks the battery down 25% or so for my car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I was an annoying lil Republican as a kid. I remember being bummed that Bob Dole lost to Clinton without really knowing why lol.