Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Twitter still posting ads for products that will get your rear end arrested or shot, this time a car window screen that flashes red and blue emergency lights

edit: not posting the link cuz gently caress that

Grey Fox has issued a correction as of 15:15 on Mar 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

nope, no one knows

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Grey Fox posted:

Twitter still posting ads for products that will get your rear end arrested or shot, this time a car window screen that flashes red and blue emergency lights

i bought one of these from an ad, just trying to figure out how to make money off it

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Goa Tse-tung posted:

she literally killed him and disposed of him in a garbage chute in Cyberpunk 2077

so?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Goa Tse-tung posted:

she literally killed him and disposed of him in a garbage chute in Cyberpunk 2077

Couples do that kind of thing all the time.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Grey Fox posted:

way back when mdma was a big thing, i had these glowballs that flashed red and blue and i showed them off while riding shotgun at night once and the driver was like "put that poo poo down we'll get pulled over"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he should remove likes and retweets no one likes those

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it is extremely funny he doesnt know how even the most basic functions of a social media platform work

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i think somebody mentioned to him "well tweet views would go up if you had to click through to see the stats and more tweet views means X the everything app is more popular"

it just definitely feel like a "clever" engineer's solution to "how do we make X more popular"

elon loves when number goes up

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The app should be nothing but Elon Musk's posts, and you can only interact with the posts via an "Applause" button

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

shyduck posted:

The app should be nothing but Elon Musk's posts, and you can only interact with the posts via an "Applause" button

remaking the Jeremy Renner app for 45 billion dollars

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
that would be cool if it made the notifications look like Elon is texting you all the time

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the thing all the people who use twitter want... not being able to see likes and getting that dopamine hit

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Ron musk is starting to remove likes and will eventually turn twitter into the SA forums.

musk ftw

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

please shut the gently caress up lady!! please :negative:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i am harry posted:

please shut the gently caress up lady!! please :negative:

show some respect that is grimes

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Yes, that's how a Census works, Elon.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1765771338457719262?t=BRZjhqJfSLSQlDOvnRptmA&s=19

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Most Americans are unaware of this unlike me the greatest American

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

needs a community note because undocumented people don't actually respond to the census

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I have a feeling the GOP has gerrymandered more than 20 districts in their favor.

brugroffil posted:

It's not true anyway. I think the net is maybe 1 Dem seat, because they add to the count of a lot of red states without voting.

Yeah Texas and Florida have the 2nd and 3rd highest undocumented populations.

Groovelord Neato has issued a correction as of 19:03 on Mar 7, 2024

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

It's not true anyway. I think the net is maybe 1 Dem seat, because they add to the count of a lot of red states without voting.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

elom post:cheong post

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's all horseshit misdirection anyway, if the House had a number of representatives that was actually proportionate to the population of the states, we'd have like 3x as many Reps from NY and California.

idk if this is true but I've heard that the official explanation for why we "can't" do that is because it would involve making the Capitol building bigger to accommodate them, which sounds dumb enough to be true.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
it's probably because house members would never vote to make themselves less powerful/important individually

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it is extremely funny he doesnt know how even the most basic functions of a social media platform work

He does its to talk to your friends

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the point of a social media site is to share funny images with your friends so they know you're funny too

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Admiral Ray posted:

Couples do that kind of thing all the time.

yeah she gets over it quite quickly

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it's all horseshit misdirection anyway, if the House had a number of representatives that was actually proportionate to the population of the states, we'd have like 3x as many Reps from NY and California.

idk if this is true but I've heard that the official explanation for why we "can't" do that is because it would involve making the Capitol building bigger to accommodate them, which sounds dumb enough to be true.
no you understand the reason why we can't have actual proportional representation in the first sentence

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

no you understand the reason why we can't have actual proportional representation in the first sentence

yeah i know that, which is why I stipulated in the second sentence that it is the "official" explanation

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
clicking through to check “likes” still counts as unregretted user-seconds.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
he’s taking likes away because the people he likes get ratioed every single day

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

he’s taking likes away because the people he likes get ratioed every single day

I think this is it. Partially because like you said, the people being rationed are usually conservative dumbasses. But also because he hates every part of the platform that is associated with "Twitter". It serves as a reminder that this existed before he owned it and had its own culture, that he did not create or influence in any way. And that includes "Ratio" comments.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
instead of Likes and Retweets it will be Elons and FTWs

"my latest X on X the everything app is doing great! already up to 13k elons and 2500 ftws"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
take the likes away. make it sting

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
they should remove the posts entirely and close the website down

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
i ran the numbers and yup, Linda was exactly right, i’m spending 20% more unregretted user minutes on x these days

chatting about #sports, getting my daily news fix from grok, scientifically ranking ethnic groups with the boys online - it’s all happening on x

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
her name is lindoreo now

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Last Chance posted:

Ron musk is starting to remove likes and will eventually turn twitter into the SA forums.

musk ftw

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

L. Lon Musk

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mr. Pizza posted:

L. Lon Musk

Xenu the everything alien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Squinky v2.0 posted:

i ran the numbers and yup, Linda was exactly right, i’m spending 20% more unregretted user minutes on x these days

chatting about #sports, getting my daily news fix from grok, scientifically ranking ethnic groups with the boys online - it’s all happening on x

happy birthday #oreo!