Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Black Lighter posted:

Is there anything to indicate that he would settle for the minimum, tho? Like, is it a situation where the Broncos are obligated to pay the difference between the money they guaranteed him and his new one, so he might as well just take the most team-friendly deal he can?
That's what offsets are. The only scenario where it would be in his best interests to not take the minimum would be if a team was willing to beat the $39m per he's already getting from the Broncos.

Mr. Nice! posted:

2024 Russell Wilson is not going to outperform 2024 Justin Fields.
I dont believe that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
i would rather have russ for NFL minimum in 2024 than a a ron for 17 millions and dead money until we all die. lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I was going to post that y'all are ignoring Fields' legs, but his combined yardage is still smaller than Russ and he lost four of his ten fumbles. The bears really fell apart in the second half of the year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mr. Nice! posted:

I was going to post that y'all are ignoring Fields' legs, but his combined yardage is still smaller than Russ and he lost four of his ten fumbles. The bears really fell apart in the second half of the year.

The Bears improved in the second half of the year but Fields was pretty much the same guy all season long outside of his games against Washington and Denver.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’d take Russ over smol bryce.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

FizFashizzle posted:

I’d take Russ over smol bryce.

I don't think anyone wants Bryce.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah, the idea of Fields is much better then the actual of Fields.

Turns out 2nd best is great except when 3-5 are Mac, Zac and Lance

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1765808122893861044?s=20

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Mr. Nice! posted:

His parent do!

(Kidding, they're in a throuple with CJ Stroud)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I sure hope this means Jordan Whitehead is coming home.

https://x.com/jwhite_333/status/1765774553895092532?s=20

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Does Russ generate enough interest for a bidding war? Besides the Steelers and Falcons, maybe the Panthers (who have publicly said they don't want him lol), there's no one who pay starter money for him.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

seiferguy posted:

Does Russ generate enough interest for a bidding war? Besides the Steelers and Falcons, maybe the Panthers (who have publicly said they don't want him lol), there's no one who pay starter money for him.

I guess the Bucs if things break down with Baker. I'd obviously much rather have Baker but not at $40m a year.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

I loved Jonnu in Tennessee but that was four years ago, he’s probably just washed at this point. But on paper I feel like he’s a good fit with ol noodle arm

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

Without a weird contract, he doesn't make any money playing (his base from the Broncos is guaranteed, and it has offset language), so he's just doing it for a chance to win / build himself up for next year.

Either the Steelers or Falcons make sense, mayyyybe the Raiders, nobody else I think works out for Russ or the team

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

wandler20 posted:

You can have him, he sucks.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I loved Jonnu in Tennessee but that was four years ago, he’s probably just washed at this point. But on paper I feel like he’s a good fit with ol noodle arm

Would you believe that last year was the most productive season of his career by both receptions and yards?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kalli posted:

Would you believe that last year was the most productive season of his career by both receptions and yards?

Considering how laser-focused Arthur Smith was to give him the ball over targets like London, Pitt, and Bijan, yes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mega64 posted:

Considering how laser-focused Arthur Smith was to give him the ball over targets like London, Pitt, and Bijan, yes.

Drake on a deep post pulling a safety away, Pitt and WR2 blocking, Bijan running a decoy route to Jonnu's side as he crosses over for an epic TE screen? That's winning football baby.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

wandler20 posted:

that would be dope imo

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Kalli posted:

Drake on a deep post pulling a safety away, Pitt and WR2 blocking, Bijan running a decoy route to Jonnu's side as he crosses over for an epic TE screen? That's winning football baby.

Ok this actually made me laugh

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

https://x.com/PewterReport/status/1765442708531737008?s=20

It also states in the article that Baker lost $12m in a fraudulent investment scheme.

All his Apes... Gone!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The firm that possibly lost his money employs Baker's father and brother.

Never give your family any money.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Baker would be well advised to stay in the situation where he had some success after bouncing around previously.

https://twitter.com/JackCurryYES/status/1765832867031011816

Oh ok

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 7, 2024

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
They offered him Geno Smith money. Dude should get paid even if I think he's a choker. He'll get more than that somewhere else.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Give Baker that Joe Burrow money, Bucs.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nicole Tepper want someone smaller than her

I can’t recall if she’s actually taller than smol bryce or not

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Thought it was a requirement that Jonnu Smith followed Arthur Smith.
He has to have another stop somewhere else, first. Steelers will trade for Jonnu next year when Freiermuth gets hurt, is my guess.

Great googly moogly.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The firm that possibly lost his money employs Baker's father and brother.

Never give your family any money.
$12m has to be a significant percentage of his post-tax, post management fees career earnings as well. Like 40-50%+.

Get your money, Bake.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/nick_underhill/status/1765838628368863677?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cutting him would have only saved them like $1m so gotta keep punting.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Somebody on the Saints is gonna use this to become the oldest active player in NFL history and probably also the most-paid and I'm here for it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Cutting him would have only saved them like $1m so gotta keep punting.

He's still good.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Similar pay it looks like.

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1765842082269196649?s=20

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Honey badger don’t care about the cap

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Lots of pretty decent safeties on the market huh?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Black Lighter posted:

Somebody on the Saints is gonna use this to become the oldest active player in NFL history and probably also the most-paid and I'm here for it

Good luck, Taysom Hill

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Black Lighter posted:

We missed out on Brady

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Black Lighter posted:

The year is 2040. A 50-year old Taysom Hill hands the ball off to a 38-year old Frank Gore Jr., who gains 3.2 yards on the play. The Saints still have their cap hit on the books for another 4 years.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fartknocker posted:

The year is 2040. A 50-year old Taysom Hill hands the ball off to a 38-year old Frank Gore Jr., who gains 3.2 yards on the play. The Saints still have their cap hit on the books for another 4 years.

And they're one win away from clinching the NFCS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

And they're one win away from clinching the NFCS.

So are all the other teams at the same time.