Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lobster shirt posted:

apparently they do make paintball revolvers so you could give yourself brain damage with paintball russian roulette if you wanted to

persona 3 cosplay gone horribly wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Plant MONSTER. posted:

He did not have a paint ball revolver. He did not play Russian roulette with a foreign exchange student from Sweden who was naked a lot that we never got to meet.

jealous?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
in high school a kid that lived next door to me claimed his family adopted an 18 year old named chewbacca he was called chewbacca because he had big braces and no one could understand him

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

in high school a kid that lived next door to me claimed his family adopted an 18 year old named chewbacca he was called chewbacca because he had big braces and no one could understand him

lol

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I am all caught up now on TDI and its been amazing.

It almost stopped being funny when I read the (presumably real) tweets from his brother and suddenly "amorphous internet weirdo tells insane lies for no material gain" swam into stark focus, revealed as "Middle-Aged NEET living in dad's basement invents elaborate fantasy life for obvious reasons"

But then I remembered:

Goldmined Thread posted:

I'm still in a dream... Dad Beater

And

Goldmined Thread posted:

My father was a relentlessly self-aggrandizing PS3 owner from Canada with low grade morality and a penchant for cancer diagnoses. My mother was a badass French spy named Fioaimes with multiple unloaded guns. My father would screenshot LP, he would hijack airplanes, he would make outrageous claims like he forgot his own name. Some times his discord mods would accuse slowbeef of slander, the sort of general malaise that only Patreon patrons possess and Yoko Taro laments. My childhood was typical, summers in Africa headshotting rhinos, driver's license lessons. In the spring he'd make my crayon drawings. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and forced to listen to him talk about Drakengard, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received his first alt account. At the age of 14 part 2, a contributer named The Shady Ego ritualistically added me to father's TVTropes page. There really is nothing like seeing a stock photo of yourself, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

And got past it.

Also, Chrono Cross is a beautiful mess. Best visuals and soundtrack of the PS1 era married to an incomprehensible story and 500 characters whose entire personality is "has an accent".

Also, Also the combat system had a criminally small number of double/triple techs and those were the best and coolest part of Chrono Trigger!

One More Fat Nerd has a new favorite as of 18:57 on Mar 7, 2024

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
chrono cross is better than chrono trigger

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

edit: removed. not worth losing my star over this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Lol

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

HolePisser1982 posted:

edit: removed. not worth losing my star over this

yes it is

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

One More Fat Nerd posted:

500 characters whose entire personality is "has an accent".

thast the most important part of having a personality

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

appropriate avatar

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

Mordiceius posted:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

a couple a people are tryna get me to play chrono cross

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mordiceius posted:

It's true.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Chomos Triggered

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I only had vague memories of not finding many double/triple techs in Chrono Cross, so I went and looked it up and there were 9 Double Techs and two (2) Triple Techs.

Several of the Double Techs involve party builds players would probably never organically use (multiple characters of the same element).

One of the Triple Techs requires you to do new game plus and then use a specific character to get the final hit on a specific boss. This is in no way hinted at in the game, lol.

Chrono Trigger had I think like 45 Double Techs and 15 Triple Techs.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

One of the triple techs also requires you to intentionally ruin a fairy girl's life by letting everything she cares about die (wtf)

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Chomos Triggered

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

chrono cross is one of my favorite playstation 1 games and even i think you're wrong

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the secret triple tech requires you using the character that transforms into monsters and find the secret boss fight with ozzie, slash, and flea and then transform into slash to get the triple tech

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the epic chrono cross party members the child who got evicted from his home who uses boomerangs and the mentally handicapped magician that turns people into cats

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

so many games to play,will i ever get back to chrono cross?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

There's a native PC port of ps1 classic Legend of Dragoon now. Thank you YOSPOS style nerds for making it

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Also, Chrono Cross is a beautiful mess. Best visuals and soundtrack of the PS1 era married to an incomprehensible story and 500 characters whose entire personality is "has an accent".

a machine generated accent, even!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

There's a native PC port of ps1 classic Legend of Dragoon now. Thank you YOSPOS style nerds for making it

oh gently caress yeah now we're talkin

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the accents rule because they dont even make sense a german character just has umlauts all over her dialog lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the accents rule because they dont even make sense a german character just has umlauts all over her dialog lol

That’s how Germans actually talk though

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Legend of Dragoon was a lot of fun but I really sucked at the timing of doing the combos so I was really bad at combat. It's a fun mechanic that I wish had been used in more games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Good

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Chomos Triggered

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

i totally accept that i'm in the minority that prefers chrono cross. idk why. the vibes just hit for me better than chrono trigger did. not to say chrono trigger isn't a good game. it just didn't hook me in the way chrono cross did. and tbf i didn't grow up with chrono trigger. i had played chrono cross first and then went back to chrono trigger.

also chrono cross objectively has the better soundtrack. one of the best OSTs in gaming

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
chrono crosses soundtrack may kick rear end but it has a very bad battle theme so it cancels out

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

chrono crosses soundtrack may kick rear end but it has a very bad battle theme so it cancels out

The boss theme is ftw however....

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I like it

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the epic chrono cross party members the child who got evicted from his home who uses boomerangs and the mentally handicapped magician that turns people into cats

The mentally handicapped stage magician has one of the 9 Dual techs with another, different stage magician you can recruit.

They are both the same element, of course.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
yall ever play bahamut lagoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Starkey demonstrates that little blue Olimar-style space travelers exist in the Chronoverse so it is theoretically possible that they have done battle with a Lavos-style alien being