Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Not a cult, I don't know how much more clear we can be about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

TulliusCicero posted:

So my wife gave me this fresh lol

https://www.salon.com/2024/03/07/dr-john-gartner-the-world-is-watching-a-fundamental-breakdown-in-trumps-ability-to-use-language/

Trump's brain is ACTUALLY deteriorating, like "clear signs of aphasia, beginning of Dementia" deteriorating. Experts are saying he's having clear trouble remembering basic words, pronunciation is all over, Venezuela as "VENALALUZER", dropping phrases and constantly mixing up names.

It would be a sad end if he wasn't one of the worst shitheads ever

They are really going to have their God Emperor of Mankind, in every way.

At some point it will be considered elder abuse to leave his dementia untreated.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

cr0y posted:

Not a cult, I don't know how much more clear we can be about that

My cult vest and hat are raising a lot of questions etcetc

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

As long as he goes to prison and suffers actual consequences before his brain melts, that’s fine.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Froghammer posted:

One of Alex Jones' favorite metaphors is that, during WW2, one of the ways bombers knew they were nearing an important target is that they'd start receiving anti-aircraft fire ("If they're shooting at you, it means you're over the target"). What this functionally translates to, as has been repeatedly pointed out by Knowledge Fight, is that he conflates recieving consequences for his actions with said actions being virtuous. If they're yelling at me for something that I said, then I must have touched a nerve, and the reason I touched a nerve is because I'm speaking truth to power, right?

That kind of attitude translates really neatly into thinking "By being racist I am rebelling against authority, because people are yelling at me for being racist". Just main character syndrome all the way down.

See also how the worst kind of person consistently quotes Tyrion talking about liars and tongues in Game of Thrones.

The British tried to shoot down every V1 that came across the channel. Most crashed helplessly into fields but a few would randomly slam into a playground or a department store and slaughter a bunch of kids. Fighting the garbage spewed out by the likes of Alex Jones works the same way.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

TulliusCicero posted:

If he's incapacitated and has to be replaced by someone else in the GOP now, his base will NEVER believe it

They will think he has been captured by the DEEP STATE and being help somewhere. At least one chud in a cornfield will bleed out trying to save him

They will never vote for another candidate. They won't believe it's real. He's indoctrinated them too hard to only believe him. They will write him in anyway.

:getin:

He will stroke out on stage at a rally. He's going to have a "my arm is hurting my arm narm narm narm" and fall flat on his face.

His base will claim it's proof that he was chosen by God and he was called to Angel Status.

Quote me.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Let's put this generation argument to bed: [Decade I grew up and was young and carefree and the world was ahead of me and seemed less frightening] was objectively the best time period.
I'm just saying that [movie I saw between the ages of 13-15] is my favorite movie ever.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Boebert finally shuts the gently caress up. Her private life is a disaster and she’s about to lose the CO-4 primary (her current/home district being CO-3).

MTG is going to go full gorilla mode, though. Especially since Johnson told her not to, that pretty much all but guarantees it.

This comes from a misunderstanding of how someone like Boebert thinks. She is going to lean into those behaviors even more to “control the narrative” or even simply as an outlet for her stress.

She is very much like trump in that she will never ever shut the gently caress up.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Trump's brain melting is why I want to see him debate Biden because even if Biden isn't quick witted he can keep his words together and if Trump becomes a bumbling mess on stage the LOLs will transcend time and space

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

This comes from a misunderstanding of how someone like Boebert thinks. She is going to lean into those behaviors even more to “control the narrative” or even simply as an outlet for her stress.

She is very much like trump in that she will never ever shut the gently caress up.

Trump couldn't shut the gently caress up and it's cost him over half a billion dollars

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

RVWinkle posted:

At some point it will be considered elder abuse to leave his dementia untreated.

It's unconscionable, really

If they're gonna abuse him, could they at least do it somewhere we don't have to look at or listen to him?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Beefed Owl posted:

Trump's brain melting is why I want to see him debate Biden because even if Biden isn't quick witted he can keep his words together and if Trump becomes a bumbling mess on stage the LOLs will transcend time and space

Biden put something in his water before the whole thing started! He sounds like he's on some drugs look how strong he is standing and not even pointing a finger! - They'll find an excuse

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1765805134896918696

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

He will stroke out on stage at a rally. He's going to have a "my arm is hurting my arm narm narm narm" and fall flat on his face.

His base will claim it's proof that he was chosen by God and he was called to Angel Status.

Quote me.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

RVWinkle posted:

Eh, I'll allow it.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Beefed Owl posted:

This is funny until you have a family member with dementia. This kind of thing often ends in domestic abuse and it's really sad to see it untreated.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Donald Trump poo poo himself and collapsed on stage at a rally after repeating a slurred "Obamna" 20 times, but Joe Biden was caught eating an ice cream cone again. Here's why the presidential race is closer than ever.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

RVWinkle posted:

This is funny until you have a family member with dementia. This kind of thing often ends in domestic abuse and it's really sad to see it untreated.

Doesn't he live by himself? I'm okay with him punching a few mirrors.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Aramis posted:

One good thing about the 80s was that toxic masculinity was not nearly as entrenched as it is now. Sure we had Arnold Schwarzenegger but no one (at least in the circles I hung out with) considered him as anything but a living, breathing, cartoon. On the flip side, Hair/Glam Metal was huge even with proto-douchebros.

lol what

tell me you don’t really remember the 80’s without telling me you don’t really remember the 80’s

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

RVWinkle posted:

None of his family are around him and idgaf about any ketchup in his orbit. I expect to hear he attacked his own reflection.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I suspect Trump had some kind of health issue post-COVID and that’s part of why neither Biden’s DOJ nor McConnell felt like doing anything about him. There was even a point in either 2021 or 2022 where he was asked if he’d run again and he said something like, “it depends on the doctors.” He also lost a poo poo ton of weight in 2021 (and then gained it all back).

Just :lol: if the health issues persist and running a campaign literally ends up killing him.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Powershift posted:

Donald Trump poo poo himself and collapsed on stage at a rally after repeating a slurred "Obamna" 20 times, but Joe Biden was caught eating an ice cream cone again. Here's why the presidential race is closer than ever.

you joke but I'm starting to think that there's a non-zero chance papers like the New York Times and Washington Post will endorse Trump.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

fuckingtest posted:

This is right down the street from where I live in Miami. These are great people, the greatest people.

I feel like I recognize that place but it could be one of like two dozen corners in Hialeah, so many Cubans are ride or die Republican and that's never, ever going to change

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I don’t like Donald Trump

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I suspect Trump had some kind of health issue post-COVID and that’s part of why neither Biden’s DOJ nor McConnell felt like doing anything about him. There was even a point in either 2021 or 2022 where he was asked if he’d run again and he said something like, “it depends on the doctors.” He also lost a poo poo ton of weight in 2021 (and then gained it all back).

Just :lol: if the health issues persist and running a campaign literally ends up killing him.

Re-upped with Satan

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

RVWinkle posted:

It's OK to hope terrible things happen to Donald Trump, and those same things never happen to your family members.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

RVWinkle posted:

I've had multiple family members experience this, it doesn't stop me lol'ing at the evil dotard, hth

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Armitage posted:

you joke but I'm starting to think that there's a non-zero chance papers like the New York Times and Washington Post will endorse Trump.

Absolutely. all print and television media is wholesale chud even if it's posing as something else. I don't know why anyone in this thread pays attention to any of it. When your morals are dictated exclusively by profits of course you're going to want the guy who keeps spouting racist nonsense while making GBS threads his pants. Trump told the media they were fake and they embraced it like their final doctrine and made sure to make him absolutely correct. It has absolutely zero value anymore.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

RVWinkle posted:

I agree, donald trump is a domestic abuser, even before he had dementia

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

idiotsavant posted:

lol what

tell me you don’t really remember the 80’s without telling me you don’t really remember the 80’s
Right!?

Arnold was role model of a man and father who is a good parent and is in touch with his gentle side

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

mobby_6kl posted:

Right!?

Arnold was role model of a man and father who is a good parent and is in touch with his gentle side

my healing ribs are not happy about this post

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

mobby_6kl posted:

Right!?

nowadays we call that going commando

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Armitage posted:

Nah, they won't endorse Trump, they'll just make a big show of refusing to endorse anyone because Trump is an insurrectionist multiple felon, but Biden is old, so really, both choices are equally bad.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

CannonFodder posted:

Through this thread I have learned that we live fairly close. I actually saw Virginia Foxx at my polling place in 2016. I think it was 2016. It was early in the morning and since I live in the MAGAest county in NC, Yadkin, she started there and probably went west through the district during the day.

In NC I only lived in Forsyth and Watauga. She has always been my rep.

Oh except when it was Richard Burr :rolleyes:

Hey thread, her district runs from the sticks in the mountains east to the MIDDLE of Winston Salem (White (44.9%) followed by Black (32.4%) and Hispanic (16.6%).

Can you guess where that line was drawn?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Right!?

I love the opening montage of Commando SO MUCH. No joke.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

redshirt posted:

I love the opening montage of Commando SO MUCH. No joke.

Yeah it's so wholesome and absurd, it really sets you up nicely for the welcome contrast if merciless slaughter

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

redshirt posted:

I love all of Commando SO MUCH. No joke.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah it's so wholesome and absurd, it really sets you up nicely for the welcome contrast if merciless slaughter

Comically merciless slaughter.

Really, a spot on 80's America movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Nite Krew agenda for tonight:

Shoes for spiders.
Black Pudding - delicious or not?
Catastrophic sex doll accidents.
The best condiments for pizza.