Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Devils Affricate posted:

In the midst of all this plasma/revolver meta, I've been messing around with a Recon Lasgun build that actually focuses on taking down heavy targets. Because that's what we need, right?

It's actually pretty amazing how much the combination of Rending Strikes and Onslaught can turn a fast-firing gun that normally has no business with Crushers into something that quickly melts them. I'm not lying when I say you can take down 3 Crushers with one mag! Executioner's Stance makes it even crazier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA84m3CVClE

it's not really talked about much cause that isn't nearly as ridiculous as the patch 13 recon was. One of the goons, Z, did some testing and you could kill crushers even more ridiculously fast.

It's still fine, looks like the bug fixes to ammo efficiency helped significantly to ammo economy. Curious that the person doesn't bother with a crit blessing, may just be they haven't invested heavily in rolling recon lasguns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Evil Kit posted:

It's still fine, looks like the bug fixes to ammo efficiency helped significantly to ammo economy. Curious that the person doesn't bother with a crit blessing, may just be they haven't invested heavily in rolling recon lasguns.

It's my video so I'm the person :)

Headhunter is the only real crit blessing available for Recons, but I haven't unlocked it yet at level 4. Even if I did have it, I'd have to swap it out for Infernus (which I quite like) because my other blessing is locked on this gun.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Devils Affricate posted:

It's my video so I'm the person :)

Headhunter is the only real crit blessing available for Recons, but I haven't unlocked it yet at level 4. Even if I did have it, I'd have to swap it out for Infernus (which I quite like) because my other blessing is locked on this gun.

I noticed! It helps a lot, but yeah it legitimately used to be more ridiculous. That's a solid recon regardless, getting the right roll for a spicy queen took me a long while.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've decided that there is no Elf equivalent among this game's classes. Everyone is equally capable of being the loving Elf.

I've been getting nothing but shock trooper gauntlets and high intensity zones all night and it really does put you to the test when you have to carry people, and I'm not even that good of a player.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
What was the Elf in Vermintide?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
tryhard bait because she had classes and abilities well suited to killing elites en masse

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Which usually led to the Elf running ahead to try and solo hordes, inevitably getting surrounded and downed, usually followed by angry protests because nobody is helping them immediately. A good elf player is super handy but the class attracts the worst people.

In this game every class has the potential to attract the worst people, be they speed Zealots, Commando Vets who don't know how to use their stealth properly, Ogryns who will aggro the daemonhost because they heard they can solo them while having no clue how to do it, or Psykers who drop into damnation runs with only two wounds befire immediately downing themselves by overloading on their psychic attacks.

Just don't go showboating, stick together and kill things. Seriously don't know how people get to damnation runs without learning that.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Mar 6, 2024

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is anyone ever able to vent even after hitting the "look at your hands" peril animation? I was able to a couple times yesterday and I'm not sure why. Like it wasn't just hitting 100%, it was definitely the "oh you hosed up now" threshold. Edit: (With the reload key, not Venting Shriek, obviously.)

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is anyone ever able to vent even after hitting the "look at your hands" peril animation? I was able to a couple times yesterday and I'm not sure why. Like it wasn't just hitting 100%, it was definitely the "oh you hosed up now" threshold. Edit: (With the reload key, not Venting Shriek, obviously.)

No, the only active player controlled way to save yourself from peril explosion is Venting Shriek.

However, if you have Battle Trance talent (kills by you have a 10% chance to quell peril) and by some method get kills while in the process of exploding you can be saved by the peril quelling from the talent.

Dogs, mutants and trappers can also save you! Little less convenient though.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
If anyone had been noticing the Director had been on vacation and spawning normal intensity missions like they were low intensity, the hotfix 33 today fixes that:

Hotfix 33 highlights posted:

Fixed an issue where the amount of enemies spawning during missions was lower than intended.
Fixed an issue where the Karnak Twins secret hard mode could fail to be triggered after resolving the puzzle.
Fixed a crash which could happen after extracting a weapon Blessing in the Shrine of the Omnissiah under specific circumstances while using a controller.
Fixed an issue where the pushback from enemy Shooters and Gunners was still applied when being hit while aiming down sights with specific weapons.
Fixed an issue where enemy Scab Snipers could still shoot through Veteran Smoke Grenades if they were fully inside the smoke cloud area.
Fixed an issue where the Lucky Bullet effect from the Ogryn “Burst Limiter Override” keystone talent could still trigger when ammo was completely depleted.

Full notes here:
https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/hotfix-33-1-2-32/92300

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

If I could spend diamantine to remove crap blessings from the pool I'd do it in a heartbeat. I've had a half dozen Kantrael 12 lasguns ruined by rolling the efficiency blessing.

i rolled like 8 3b clubs in a row with perfect strike lol

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just let people spend like 1k > 2k diamantine to unlock the 3rd and 4th crafting lockout on weapons, 100 diamantine to reroll modifier values randomly on weapons for when you got a 380 with 80 mobility and 60 power, increasing by 100 diamantine for every reroll up to 1k.

Bam, you suddenly have a diamantine sink and a less tiresome crafting system.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Evil Kit posted:

However, if you have Battle Trance talent (kills by you have a 10% chance to quell peril) and by some method get kills while in the process of exploding you can be saved by the peril quelling from the talent.

Ah yeah, that's what it is. I wasn't using that on my psyker until recently.

edit: :ninja:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1isYwBdkxTE

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 6, 2024

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I reported a guy who was slinging slurs and variations of "kill yourself" all over the place at the Fatshark site and on Steam and now his entire Steam profile is gone.

I don't think I had anything to do with it because Steam can't verify what I said and I don't imagine Fatshark sends their reports to Valve. Most likely it's just that a person that toxic doesn't keep an account anywhere for very long. But I'm real happy that dude is gone and out X dollars.

Also:

https://i.imgur.com/6kYz1rP.mp4

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 6, 2024

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I reported a guy who was slinging slurs and variations of "kill yourself" all over the place at the Fatshark site and on Steam and now his entire Steam profile is gone.

I don't think I had anything to do with it because Steam can't verify what I said and I don't imagine Fatshark sends their reports to Valve. Most likely it's just that a person that toxic doesn't keep an account anywhere for very long. But I'm real happy that dude is gone and out X dollars.

Also:

https://i.imgur.com/6kYz1rP.mp4

Killing a mass of folk at one time always feels good. Nice job presumably helping to get rid of the toxic dude too!

For myself, last night I hosed up and exploded a poxburster too close to the team starting the wipe cascade. But then the next mission I solo clutched when everyone else went down on the finale. The 41st millennium is a land of contrasts.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

On a recent run I discovered that a knife Zealot is fast enough to "tank" a daemonhost by just running away. She teleports to you but can't swing fast enough to hit you :sanix:

Please do not ask for details on how I discovered this fact

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Evil Kit posted:

I noticed! It helps a lot, but yeah it legitimately used to be more ridiculous. That's a solid recon regardless, getting the right roll for a spicy queen took me a long while.

The old time was like ~2 seconds to kill a crusher and currently (with my gear) it's ~2.75 seconds. Ammo fixes might resolve efficiency problems enough to give it a go again in aurics. Though I think my main problem was the lack of penetration and having a min height vet. Made picking off multiple elites during a horde event problematic.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Min height vet buddies... :sigh:

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Had my first psychotic pubbie encounter today. Had the absolute audacity to politely ask a zealot to please not shoot any more poxbursters in my face while I wait to push them away. I was then treated to a minute long rant over mic about “weaponized ignorance” (?) and about 30 fucks and fuckins along with a typed “go gently caress yourself” at the end. I find the player base for both this game and vermintide fascinating, I would assume it’s mostly chill 30-somethings gaming after work but it definitely has its fair share of extremely edgy and not-particularly-well-adjusted adults ready to explode.

Evil Kit posted:

Min height vet buddies... :sigh:

I’m glad I set both my vet and psyker to max height, I didn’t realize how often I’d need to see over poo poo on the vet and on the psyker it’s super important for targeting brain rupture.

Cretin90 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 7, 2024

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Cretin90 posted:

Had my first psychotic pubbie encounter today. Had the absolute audacity to politely ask a zealot please not to shoot any more poxbursters in my face while I wait to push them away. I was then treated to a minute long rant over mic about “weaponized ignorance” (?) and about 30 fucks and fuckins along with a typed “go gently caress yourself” at the end. I find the player base for both this game and vermintide fascinating, I would assume it’s mostly chill 30-somethings gaming after work but it definitely has its fair share of extremely edgy and not-particularly-well-adjusted adults ready to explode.

Not nearly as explosive but I had a guy yesterday get hit by a dog a mile from the group and around a zillion corners complaining about how slow we were to save him. Claimed it was because we "kept going forward."

I could maybe see a case we should slow down, but it takes a special kind of guy to decide that means he should stop going forward and laterally dig himself into the deepest corner he can find.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I am definitely guilty of pushing forward too quickly sometimes, but some pubbies - usually vets - just drag their feet to an absurd degree. Perhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Swear there's an inordinate amount of people who make it to level 30 through sheer attrition without ever learning fundamentals.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

There's definitely some fresh, first level 30 players that stay in one place too long or stick in an area fighting. Usually a gentle prodding or telling them they're the last one helps refocus them, I remember the game pretty overwhelming sometimes when still learning.

Some players you gotta wonder though.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I think my favorite type of player is the one that insta quits when they either just go down and/or die. Had the same guy in 2 matches last night pulling this maneuver. I assume they complete 1 game in 10 and act like the other 9 games were full of shitters.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Theyre eating chips on open mic at least 1 game in there too

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

tangy yet delightful posted:

I think my favorite type of player is the one that insta quits when they either just go down and/or die. Had the same guy in 2 matches last night pulling this maneuver. I assume they complete 1 game in 10 and act like the other 9 games were full of shitters.

People leaving when it looks like you’re going to lose used to piss me off, but an alive bot is worth 10x as much as much as a downed player.

I do it myself now, too.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah I think a lot of people quit out of courtesy before the last person goes down, so you instantly get a bot trying to pick people up

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

People leaving when it looks like you’re going to lose used to piss me off, but an alive bot is worth 10x as much as much as a downed player.

I do it myself now, too.

I'm talking about a single downed player where everyone else is totally fine and there's no reason to think we're about to lose. Yeah I can understand leaving if you think it's about to be a loss and you don't care about contract completion (at least I don't think you get contract progress if you leave out), I'm talking about other times though when that's not the case.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Can someone explain how brittleness works? I'm trying out the Onslaught talent for Veteran and I definitely notice that my plasma gun is knocking down enemies more often but not killing them. It's actually a bit tricky because I'm used to ogryns standing up and tanking 2-3 plasma shots to the face but now I've got Crushers getting knocked down by a headshot and I'm missing my second shot because they're now horizontal rather than vertical.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Brittleness reduces damage reduction from armor, which makes it pretty useless in conjunction with the plasma gun, since it already specializes in bypassing armor. Onslaught in particular isn't very good with the plasma gun because it's a small increase per shot that stacks many times, lending itself to rapid fire weapons.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Versus Alpha is live for VT2, anyone give it a shot yet?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Arc Hammer posted:

Can someone explain how brittleness works? I'm trying out the Onslaught talent for Veteran and I definitely notice that my plasma gun is knocking down enemies more often but not killing them. It's actually a bit tricky because I'm used to ogryns standing up and tanking 2-3 plasma shots to the face but now I've got Crushers getting knocked down by a headshot and I'm missing my second shot because they're now horizontal rather than vertical.

To answer more precisely, every % of Brittleness you apply to an enemy increases the damage you deal to them by the same % but ONLY if your weapon does not deal 100% of it's damage to an enemy already. If a weapon already deals 100% of it's damage to an enemy type, Brittleness instead provides an extra 1% damage per 4% of Brittleness. Rending works the same way, but it's a self buff rather than a debuff applied to the enemy.

Onslaught is only good for fast firing weapons though, and Plasma honestly does not need to apply Brittleness to anything to kill it, even via Shattering Impact blessing.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

tangy yet delightful posted:

I had a player in one game who quit after they were downed, was replaced by another player who quit after they were downed, and then that player was replaced by the player who originally quit.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Typical Pubbie posted:

I had a player in one game who quit after they were downed, was replaced by another player who quit after they were downed, and then that player was replaced by the player who originally quit.

I quit a game because someone grabbed a grim and they threw me back on the Storm Raptor to load into the mission again -- like I didn't even load into the Mourningstar and pick a mission.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Evil Kit posted:

To answer more precisely, every % of Brittleness you apply to an enemy increases the damage you deal to them by the same % but ONLY if your weapon does not deal 100% of it's damage to an enemy already. If a weapon already deals 100% of it's damage to an enemy type, Brittleness instead provides an extra 1% damage per 4% of Brittleness. Rending works the same way, but it's a self buff rather than a debuff applied to the enemy.

Onslaught is only good for fast firing weapons though, and Plasma honestly does not need to apply Brittleness to anything to kill it, even via Shattering Impact blessing.

So ideally it would work with rapid fire or torrent weapons.

They really need to add a hellgun or hotshot volley gun to the game.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Getting a ne bug where security door won't close, even when you open the new one. There's an invisiwall, but you can still melee attack enemies in the old section.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 9, 2024

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
They hosed up the door closing properly too, had a guy backtrack at the last second and get locked behind the airlock lol

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Officially hit 500k heretics purged at 673 hours! :toot:

Only another 500k to go for the bragging rights frame.

:negative:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Getting a ne bug where security door don't close, even when you open the new one. There's an invisiwall, but you can still melee attack enemies in the old section.

gonna have to be more specific. On a particular level, or in a bunch of different levels? Haven't run into any security doors yet with this issue but my current level choice is uh, limited for personal reasons.

Homeless Friend posted:

They hosed up the door closing properly too, had a guy backtrack at the last second and get locked behind the airlock lol

There's that one in Archivum Sycirax that will absolutely close on someone if they get downed or double back, though I haven't ever personally tested it and seen it happen only once. Impressively no pubbie I've ever played with has been stupid enough to test it out either lol.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Evil Kit posted:

Officially hit 500k heretics purged at 673 hours! :toot:

Only another 500k to go for the bragging rights frame.

:negative:
I'll have to check my numbers later now, I'm not at 500 hours yet though.

quote:

gonna have to be more specific. On a particular level, or in a bunch of different levels? Haven't run into any security doors yet with this issue but my current level choice is uh, limited for personal reasons.

There's that one in Archivum Sycirax that will absolutely close on someone if they get downed or double back, though I haven't ever personally tested it and seen it happen only once. Impressively no pubbie I've ever played with has been stupid enough to test it out either lol.
Stop trying to gently caress the Ascension Riser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
FYI Vermintide 2 has "A Quiet Drink" back in rotation.