Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Does anyone actually believe these aren’t rigged as hell? Storyboarded like wrestling 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pain of Mind posted:

It does not even need to be super cold, even 40-50 degrees knocks the battery down 25% or so for my car.
Cold knocks it down, ND cold under 0F temps REALLY hurt EVs. Batteries just don't like super cold (or super hot for EVs in Arizona)

Also, if I turn on the heat it drops the range by 15%, but if I just bundle up and wear gloves I'm fine in 30F weather without the heat. I have experienced negative F weather and that is just a different deeper kind of cold.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

I tired of Fallout when Fallout 3 was a thing but I might watch this.

I'm not a big game replay guy (hell I barely have time to play anything once these days), but I beat New Vegas like 3 times. It's an incredible game. Or at least was, not sure how it holds up like 14 years on. I couldn't get into Fallout 4 though for some reason, even though it was set in Boston where I was living at the time.

It's all of $10 on Steam right now, or $20 with the DLC.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 7, 2024

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm working in the office today since my gf is working from home today and I'm 99% sure there might only be 1 or 2 other people here beside me. I'm now based at our regional HQ office and the lights aren't on, I haven't heard people walking, or any noise at all. It's a little weird.

On the plus side I'm very close to one of my favorite grocery stores so I can pick up some fun stuff on my way home.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Docjowles posted:

I'm not a big game replay guy (hell I barely have time to play anything once these days), but I beat New Vegas like 3 times. It's an incredible game. Or at least was, not sure how it holds up like 14 years on.

It's still pretty great.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Does anyone actually believe these aren’t rigged as hell? Storyboarded like wrestling 100%

Mike Tyson is going to take the money and then kill Jake Paul in the ring anyway

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Docjowles posted:

I'm not a big game replay guy (hell I barely have time to play anything once these days), but I beat New Vegas like 3 times. It's an incredible game. Or at least was, not sure how it holds up like 14 years on. I couldn't get into Fallout 4 though for some reason, even though it was set in Boston where I was living at the time.

It's all of $10 on Steam right now, or $20 with the DLC.

I played it a few years ago and

saintonan posted:

It's still pretty great.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kiimo posted:

Mike Tyson is going to take the money and then kill Jake Paul in the ring anyway

Someone give Tyson the good ‘roids and cocaine before the match and let him go off

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’ll go decision. Mike won’t let himself be knocked out

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

seiferguy posted:

I'd say give me a Yakuza show, but Tokyo Vice seems to hit that niche pretty well.

The only way a Yakuza show would work anyways is if they're as completely earnest with the silly poo poo as they are with the serious crime drama, and I don't believe for a second that any American production can do it. You have to be willing to show Kiryu investing just as much time in a Pocket Circuit tournament as much as he is in solving a murder case.

One Piece is still the exception, not the rule

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tokyo Vice rules

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I think I spent about 200 hours in FO2, 40 hours in FO3, and more time than I'm comfortable admitting in New Vegas.

I think Fallout 4 is fun but empty inside. The expansions make it more entertaining but the whole game feels soulless if you look at it too long.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

It does not even need to be super cold, even 40-50 degrees knocks the battery down 25% or so for my car.

I expected worse, and have been pleasantly surprised with my chilly weather experience, only 10% or so until you get to close freezing, then it definitely starts tailing off fast.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

When are we getting the next elder scrolls or fallout? Preferably good.

Also that Bethesda spaceship game certainly launched with much fanfare and imploded pretty quick, didn’t it?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

When are we getting the next elder scrolls or fallout? Preferably good.

Also that Bethesda spaceship game certainly launched with much fanfare and imploded pretty quick, didn’t it?

It's the same as everything else Bethesda makes. It's empty and unfinished so the modding community has to go in and fix it. They just assumed people would instantly care about a lesser No Mans Sky type game like the community does something with nostalgia for better games (Morrowind, FO2).

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

No Man's Sky is a survival crafting game that lied to me I hate that game :mad:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I played the hell out of Starfield for a few months basically until I started playing CoD with friends and then some other stuff since (I finally got RDR2 on a whim) and just haven’t gone back to it yet.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

kiimo posted:

Tokyo Vice rules

Really wanna know how much of it is real versus massive embellishments. I should probably read his memoirs.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fartknocker posted:

I played the hell out of Starfield for a few months basically until I started playing CoD with friends and then some other stuff since (I finally got RDR2 on a whim) and just haven’t gone back to it yet.

Warzone with the same 3 people are all I play now

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've been playing baldur's gate 3 but I kept wanting to go back to rimworld so last week I was like gently caress it, I'll go back to rimworld. I really want to actually finish BG3 but good god it's such a big game

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Few buddies of mine picked up Helldivers 2, so I've been playing a bit of that, it's very much just Starship Troopers with the best orbital bombardments around.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’m back on my Tina’s Wonderland bullshit, was co-opting with the wife cause she bounced off it way back when. She moved on to Palworld cause Wonderland kept crashing in 2 player. Palworld crashes about every 15 minutes on x-box tho haha

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I hope Jake Paul lands one massive shot on Tyson that makes Mike forget it's an exhibition

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

I hope Jake Paul lands one massive shot on Tyson that makes Mike forget it's an exhibition

A star uppercut basically?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Don’t get me wrong I hope Tyson hits him so hard it turns his head around permanently but I don’t believe this is gonna be anything more than them dancing around each other trading soft blows and coming to a split decision.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/DiscussAvatar/status/1765782447835197857?t=jJPYrFiRM4LXTpKqebpoig&s=19

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Now I’m no fancy airplaneologist or anything, but Boeing may want to up its quality control just a weeeee bit.

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1765855107185275265

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

Now I’m no fancy airplaneologist or anything, but Boeing may want to up its quality control just a weeeee bit.

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1765855107185275265

I think things are going fine for shareholder value

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
“That a Boeing? Yeah I ain’t going”

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

What? I thought the avatar cycle was ended in Korra

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Intruder posted:

What? I thought the avatar cycle was ended in Korra

She was cut off from previous Avatars but it didn't end in such a way there wouldn't be a future one.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

https://x.com/Variety/status/1765437380368982223?s=20

I still need to watch Homicide, currently rewatching Wire again

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol SC is a constitutional carry state now, I’m glad we get more gun violence now I definitely haven’t seen enough bodies with lots of holes in them.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hell yeah

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
So what’s the big deal with Avatar again, is it like the source text that all anime comes from?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

I've been playing baldur's gate 3 but I kept wanting to go back to rimworld so last week I was like gently caress it, I'll go back to rimworld. I really want to actually finish BG3 but good god it's such a big game

I had more fun playing Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous and Rogue Trader than Baldur's Gate 3. I didn't even bother finishing it. It's weird it should theoretically be my jam as I loved the first two and clearly still enjoy that genre but I find all the classes boring and all the characters very tweely manufactured.

Kalli posted:

Few buddies of mine picked up Helldivers 2, so I've been playing a bit of that, it's very much just Starship Troopers with the best orbital bombardments around.

It's really loving satisfying when you launch the nuke and it lights up the horizon

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

It's really loving satisfying when you launch the nuke and it lights up the horizon

My favorite moment was getting the cluster bomb airstrike and immediately killing the rest of my team with it along with maybe 4 small bugs.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

General Dog posted:

So what’s the big deal with Avatar again, is it like the source text that all anime comes from?

Sort of the reverse, it's distilled anime produced by Americans who grew up watching anime but don't feel obliged to mimick the cultural pitfalls of youth centric anime.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Sort of the reverse, it's distilled anime produced by Americans who grew up watching anime but don't feel obliged to mimick the cultural pitfalls of youth centric anime.

And stumbled into be one of the most well written shows of all time, animated or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

I had more fun playing Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous and Rogue Trader than Baldur's Gate 3. I didn't even bother finishing it. It's weird it should theoretically be my jam as I loved the first two and clearly still enjoy that genre but I find all the classes boring and all the characters very tweely manufactured.

There's a lot in the game that I enjoy interacting with, talking to the animals and so on, but the whole plot feels a bit contrived, the characters are like you said kinda "twee" or over the top/melodramatic? I'm not actually sure it's cool and good that you can romance every single party member, and with these games it's always a little jarring that every character has a voice actor except my own. I totally understand why my own character doesn't; you can have Geralt or you can have loads of age/gender/race/etc. choices, but you can't reasonably record dialogue for the latter and being forced to play Geralt definitely isn't very D&D. But it does affect my precious immersion and it feels sometimes like I'm playing a mute.

I get annoyed that some quests are timed and some aren't and you can't really tell which, there's content you completely miss if you don't do things in a particular order sometimes and the actual plot or what characters say can actively encourage you to do things not in that order. I've gotten stuck a couple of times on solving some quest where it's clear the devs either thought it was a lot easier, or made some big assumptions about what I'd think or try to do vs. what I actually thought or tried to do, and it really sucks to just never resolve a quest that looked cool and interesting because I didn't act as expected.

But god this game is gorgeous. The tactical combat is sometimes quite challenging, there's a ton to engage with, I like that the game seems to let you take different approaches. The voice acting ranges from fine to really good. There's a ton of little in-game convenience mechanics, like how you can just send anything in your inventory to your camp so you don't have to loving micromanage an inventory all the time, or how you can just tell your party members to stand still while you move around so they don't randomly follow you into a trap or fall off a cliff. A lot of thoughtful stuff like that.

I will probably get back to it and finish it. But man. If I have less than an hour free to game I'm not even starting it up, it just feels like a big commitment cognitively and time-wise each time.