Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol did this dipshit mess up which account he was posting from? And then of course he has to suck his own dick.

It's not him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Removing likes and retweets is the most baffling design choice

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If someone were as weird about me personally as Dittmann is about Elon Musk, I would ban them from my website, get a restraining order, and have my security team keep an eye on them.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Sockser posted:

It's not baffling when the goal of the design is "make sure Elon Musk's fee-fees aren't hurt".

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

thathonkey posted:

it is weird to think there was a time when musk seemed charismatic

at the time he was the one millionaire doing TED talks about climate change, no one knew enough about him to know about the emeralds or his sister/aunt/stepmother, and he wasn't showing his arse on social media.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
you will be able to like only Elon's excretions

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
every time you like a post one of elmo's posts automatically gets a like too

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://x.com/verge/status/1765805563902877775?s=20
https://x.com/RivianTrackr/status/1765807408092524671?s=20

Rivian's coming

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What was the immediate UI change Musk demanded be put in place when Bidens SB tweet got more love than his?

geworfenheit
Feb 3, 2024

Slotducks posted:

looking at everything...

a reason to delay actually delivering product...

making them wait with hype is most of elon musk's business philosophy.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

R3 looks sick

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

WhyteRyce posted:

What was the immediate UI change Musk demanded be put in place when Bidens SB tweet got more love than his?

That's when he forced his tweets into everyone's feed

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I just don't like those weird headlights

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

looks like poo poo

looks way better than the cybertruck

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Sockser posted:

Minimizing the part of social media that makes it incredibly addictive and gives it longevity to...own the libs?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

AlmightyBob posted:

I just don't like those weird headlights

Elon Musk has started following AlmightyBob

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Rivian's coming and the cards say, 'A broken Boer'.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/07/democrats-probe-russias-alleged-use-of-spacex-starlink-in-ukraine.html

quote:

House Democrats Robert Garcia, D-Calif. and Jamie Raskin, D-Md, sent a letter to SpaceX demanding transparency from the defense contractor following reports of potentially illegal purchases and use of Starlink satellite internet equipment by Russia in occupied territories of Ukraine.

The congressmen also announced a probe of SpaceX by the Democratic House Committee into the company’s safeguards and procedures for preventing illegal exports and use of its Starlink equipment and services. The Washington Post first reported on the probe and March 6 letter to SpaceX president and chief operating officer Gwynne Shotwell.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Ghostlight posted:

let me check the very real legal case of one 1958 plymouth sedan v. pennsylvania

Holy poo poo it is real

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zero VGS posted:

I still have no idea who Jordan Peterson is. From the bits I've heard goons mention, I figured the less I know the better, so I avoided looking up or reading anything about him. Wish I had the discipline to do that for Musk.

This is the way. Nothing of value is buried there.

I actually had no idea Bezos was involved in the Clock of the Long Now, I knew it by way of Stewart Brand. Old hippie icon, didn't impress me much.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Tai posted:

Really? There's a bunch of EVE goons who run around saying honk honk a lot. Welp for them because they aren't bad people.

Geese. Goose. not clowns. lol if you think goonwaffe is nazi adjacent.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Revins posted:

Holy poo poo it is real

Christine, right?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

staberind posted:

Also it's playing into Nazis goals of making everyday mundane things about them, which is part of the goal of them coopting things/memes/phrases.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Revins posted:

Holy poo poo it is real

Civil forfeiture is an amazing thing. Worth looking into if you need another reason to be angry at cops.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

CommieGIR posted:

Also it's playing into Nazis goals of making everyday mundane things about them, which is part of the goal of them coopting things/memes/phrases.

As demonstrated by their attempt into making the "ok" gesture a Nazi thing, and the failure of frenworld

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Oh, this is completely factual, I agree.
E: Also; I'd like to apologise for the sloppy job on the brand tweet, I really hosed that one up, but yeah, brand has essentially decided to whore for chud cash.

staberind fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 7, 2024

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Tai posted:

Really? There's a bunch of EVE goons who run around saying honk honk a lot. Welp for them because they aren't bad people.

Gooseflock Featheration is about as antipodally opposed to hegemonic, heteronormative, right-wing white supremacy as is possible on this good green Earth.

They're also geese -- when I explained the honk honk clownworld thing to a couple of them they were horrified.

Basically, just like the OK sign, you have to use your judgment to determine when it is an alt-right sign or just some existing thing they've co-opted. Whether or not the person has the political beliefs of a Neo-Nazi is the most reliable way to tell.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 7, 2024

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Potato Salad posted:

Gooseflock Featherstion is about as antipodally opposed to hegemonic, heteronormative, right-wing white supremacy as is possible on this good green Earth.

They're also geese -- when I explained the honk honk clownworld thing to a couple of them they were horrified.

Basically, just like the OK sign, you have to use your judgment to determine when it is an alt-right sign or just some existing thing they've co-opted. Whether or not the person has the political beliefs of a Neo-Nazi is the most reliable way to tell.

Phone EVE goons have a different culture from PC EVE Goons, they are completely different games that just share a lot of assets.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Regarding Elon, he has the political leanings of a Neo-Nazi in pretty much every way that matters, but he also might be fresh enough to the Extremely Online cesspool that he doesn't know what the other people dumping this stuff at him actually mean.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
The credo of "fully automated gay space communism" does not actually involve nazism, moving swifty on: every space online game I have played with goons have had the above motto, even if we terrorised Eve, we let regular ppl use our space autism forts in Star Trek Online, Gooons in Space; a land of contrasts.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

staberind posted:

The credo of "fully automated gay space communism" does not actually involve nazism, moving swifty on: every space online game I have played with goons have had the above motto, even if we terrorised Eve, we let regular ppl use our space autism forts in Star Trek Online, Gooons in Space; a land of contrasts.

LUXURY

fully automated LUXURY gay space communism

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

staberind posted:

It's not waffe. It's goosefleet. They do the honk thing. They left waffe due to a lot of bigotry. I don't think they realise honk is a nazi thing.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Tai posted:

It's not waffe. It's goosefleet. They do the honk thing. They left waffe due to a lot of bigotry. I don't think they realise honk is a nazi thing.

Honk isn't a nazi thing. Why would you give shitheads power over language like that?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

generally irl geese are not normally Nazis and do honk so I can see how people get confused

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Potato Salad posted:

LUXURY

fully automated LUXURY gay space communism

gfdi. thanks for the catch.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Total Party Kill posted:

Am I losing my mind or is "clown world" a nazi code? clowns = "honk honk" = HH = :hitler:

Sir please do not QAnon

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

staberind posted:

wanna cut that cake

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

staberind posted:

Cellular peptide cake?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

With mint icing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

euphronius posted:

generally irl geese are not normally Nazis and do honk so I can see how people get confused

it's probably all the goosestepping