Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ponzicar posted:

The Drake has been there since year 1; it's just had a super tiny chance to ever spawn. Same thing for the original Arms Dealer, in the open area before you enter the big ship (no clue if the new version of the strike can still spawn it).

What the hell lol, I've never seen that in either. That's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Holliday was the one who dropped it off but she's been demoted to a pile of ashes so I don't think there's a line for it anymore and therefore it's much easier to miss

I have many fond memories of getting the extremely rare spawn and driving the Drake up through the ship, only to wedge it in the hallway before you see Sniper Joe for the first time and other players emoting at me about it

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
oh no I'm pretty sure her line is still in there. did an arms dealer nf a few weeks ago and found the tank spawning ring and everything but skipped it because I can't loving drive

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Finster Dexter posted:

Maybe I have brain worms but I really miss the old Red War campaign and the other content vault stuff.

I do to :smith:.

Kith posted:

Holliday was the one who dropped it off but she's been demoted to a pile of ashes so I don't think there's a line for it anymore and therefore it's much easier to miss

Very rude, but very true :hmmyes:.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Is there a list of twitch streams to watch or just anyone playing Destiny 2?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Raspberry Bang posted:

I like Fallout and Leopard.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Raspberry Bang posted:

Anyone that comes up under the Destiny 2 tag and has 'drops enabled' in the bio. I watched Luckyy10p and got it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Major fail: the surfboard doesn’t have enough grind charge to get across the whole ribbon section in prophecy

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Put more skill points into Grind

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

omg chael crash posted:

Put more skill points into Grind

:hmmorks:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

haveblue posted:

Major fail: the surfboard doesn’t have enough grind charge to get across the whole ribbon section in prophecy

Charge resets if you resummon it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf4ziroTZt8

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I "watched" a datto twitch stream to get diamond and it was completely loving boring. Plus the chat kept using slurs every time a player bested datto

Great time

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I just picked some rando with sub 50 viewers, muted the tab and watched something on youtube instead.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I don't think you're meant to actually *watch* the streams. Like Bungie probably intended that, but lol no way.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

It works the same as any other Twitch Drop.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
I’ll grind an unhealthy amount of Destiny but I’ll be damned if I engage with Twitch in any way.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Just find a stream, mute the tab, then do something else.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

it's very easy, yeah

the hard part is wanting to play destiny 2

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

omg chael crash posted:

it's very easy, yeah

the hard part is wanting to play destiny 2

I don't want this to come off as insincere, but I am curious.

Why are you here if you don't like the game at all?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Logged in to pledge my hunter and get the final package I need by quickly running through whatever the focus activity is. Got matchmade with 1 (one) other warlock through the entirety of the Navota strike who didn't seem to have any anti champ mods.

Quite happy I disovered radiant does anti-barrier and Austringer does anti-unstoppable. Still a ballache.

I better get that motherflippin package...

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 7, 2024

editor
Feb 4, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

I just wish I had a good SMG to use with my PKs

that is my gun

give it back

it doesn't even fit you

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

I don't want this to come off as insincere, but I am curious.

Why are you here if you don't like the game at all?

what the

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Confused you with another jaded poster :hmmyes:.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I think it's because they said "the hard part is wanting to play destiny 2" which makes sense. It's not like there aren't a bunch of people who burned out on the game but still spend time complaining about how the game is bad and will never get better. That's not even Destiny exclusive.

The funniest response when asked "if you aren't playing and think this game is going to be forever terrible why don't you move on?" is "because I want it to be good!" which is like awkwardly hanging around and sniping at your ex to try and get her to pay attention to your needs again lol

On the other hand this is the fiftieth Guardian Games and we are still getting new content (bugs) so there's entertainment for both sides, really.

Edit: I didn't even realise person above was the one that asked the question but anyway.

PS Envious Assassin/Chain Reaction Hullabaloo is really fun, go play with it. I'm using last year's TD/RB Title, this year the most interesting combo is RB/Destab Rounds which is eh.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I burned out hard on this most recent season but you all make good posts so....

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

My feeling is that I want to play more Destiny. But it feels like every time I log in there's a laundry list of bullshit I feel like I'm supposed to be doing instead of playing Destiny.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

I burned out hard on this most recent season but you all make good posts so....

Burn out, take a break (indefinite if you feel like it) and post, it's fine. It's just weird when people Kramer in to any game thread to go "I HATE IT AND IT'LL ALWAYS BE BAD". I don't think it's a coincidence that the people who seem to hate it the most seem to be the ones who would grind out red borders day one, etc. I think I'd hate any game I was playing that much, that hard.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
how long does it take to get one of these destiny k-drives? i don't really want to reinstall destiny just to do guardian games but i also want a k-drive for when i eventually play through final shape

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
depends on dosage, I’d guess

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kesper North posted:

how long does it take to get one of these destiny k-drives? i don't really want to reinstall destiny just to do guardian games but i also want a k-drive for when i eventually play through final shape

If you want to do it the "easy" way, wait till the reset on Tuesday and try to get as many points as you can in a nightfall.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Mesadoram posted:

If you want to do it the "easy" way, wait till the reset on Tuesday and try to get as many points as you can in a nightfall.

*looks worried* Points? in a Nightfall?

Easy????

I am not one of the world's greatest destiny players, that's part of why I quit, if you asked me "bro do you even raid" I would look awkward and apologize

what's the, uh... second easiest way? :ohdear:

haveblue posted:

depends on dosage, I’d guess

:hmmyes:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
quote is not edit, i am so sorry

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
You can get the skimmer by basically doing whatever GG stuff for random medallions, plus the Diamond twitch stuff once a week. That will net the points you need.

I am also not a Pro Gamer so don't worry about it so much imo. I did King's Fall raid the other day and the last one before that was like a year ago in Deep Stone Crypt lol. Play other games, do the life thing, play and do stuff when you want, if you want.

Edit: The closest I have to a raid weapon pattern is Trustee with 3/5, because three red borders dropped the one time I ran it lol

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

This week you had like an hour to get top 10% without having to emote-finish every major and champion.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Yeah I usually die during the emote part if I don't kill them too quickly

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only thing better than the pubbies killing the champion before you can finish it is stunning the champ, all 3 of you emote to wait for someone else to damage it, and then it recovers and murders you

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kesper North posted:

Yeah I usually die during the emote part if I don't kill them too quickly

You don't have to let the emote finish, just tap the d-pad then smack em

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
The emote text just has to show up in the kill feed for it to count

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

RBA Starblade posted:

You don't have to let the emote finish, just tap the d-pad then smack em

Yeah I'm kind of spastic so I usually hit 8-10 of the wrong buttons in between d-pad and whatever i have finishers bound to and by the time i recover from that the champs have healed :V

Or a teammate finishes it first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Kesper North posted:

what's the, uh... second easiest way? :ohdear:
Log in as a hunter when the focus activity is up and complete a focus activity - sometimes it's a nightfall (boo), sometimes it's a strike, gambit or supremacy (less boo). If you finish one as a hunter (hunters have won all of them so far), you get a winners package. ONLY OPEN IT ONCE YOUR MEDAL CASE IS EMPTY. Repeat 3 times. I did this and as long as you have a spare hunter it's easy.

GG nightfalls are a bit easier because you also have the gold / silver / bronze boosts and your abilities refill about twice as fast.

3rd easiest: link your bungie and twitch accounts and leave it streaming on mute while you go do something else. Check your drops after 2 hours for a medal worth 300 points. Do this once a week and then just do playlist activities and contender cards for the other 300 points (you got 3 weeks so this is the most straightforward).