Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

RCarr posted:

This is probably a joke but if not, are they trying to say the average American eats over 6,000 calories a day? Or eats enough McDonalds for a family of 4 every day? That just silly.

:jerry:

Alpha male culture is dumb as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

RCarr posted:

This is probably a joke but if not, are they trying to say the average American eats over 6,000 calories a day? Or eats enough McDonalds for a family of 4 every day? That just silly.

:jerry:

The seed oils thing is a dead giveaway that this is some Rogan bro influencer

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Schumaker is very jacked. Being in worse shape than your manager should be embarrassing for a professional athlete.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
It's interesting (to me anyway) how it turns out that a lot of these top level professional athletes (even the best of the best makings tens of millions of dollars a year) who you would assume have teams of knowledgeable people working for them creating the perfect diet and exercise plan actually turn out to live shockingly "normal" lifestyles and when you break down their diets or their exercise programs they do all sorts of goofy poo poo. It's kind of inspiring.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

zoux posted:

The seed oils thing is a dead giveaway that this is some Rogan bro influencer

I'm not up to date on my dumb rogan bullshit, what are they going on about with seed oils?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It just comes down to willpower. You can have people tell you what’s best for you all day long but in the long run it’s easier and more enjoyable to eat like poo poo than eating right.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I think it was Moncada who it turned out ate a shitload of Twinkies every day for a while there?

I think it's that teams make diet professionals available to players but ultimately can't really force them to follow them unless there are contractual terms requiring them to do so.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Frankly I’m surprised that McDonald’s pic isn’t over 10k calories

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dameius posted:

I'm not up to date on my dumb rogan bullshit, what are they going on about with seed oils?

Health food influencer conspiracy theory.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
the new market inefficiency is picking your own mushrooms in the wild rather than paying for the premade capsules and I hope the influencers jump on it

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Acuña still sitting but I think he was working out if not taking BP today.

That anime sauce they got for for the current McDonalds promo is honestly pretty good.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm pretty sure the collective NBA players favorite restaurant is Cheesecake Factory

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Sydin posted:

I think it was Moncada who it turned out ate a shitload of Twinkies every day for a while there?

I think it's that teams make diet professionals available to players but ultimately can't really force them to follow them unless there are contractual terms requiring them to do so.

I thought it was Puig, but it was long enough ago, I don't recall 100%

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
On one hand, I am content with Bauer disappearing forever

On the other hand, this could be extremely funny if he gets knocked around

https://twitter.com/infieldflygrl/status/1765781881084424207?t=K_6XlwWaatB2wg4ggvMwfw&s=19

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Wait so not even NPB teams want him now?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

Wait so not even NPB teams want him now?

He got into a bunch of trouble with the Japanese press/social media for posting support for Ridge Alkonis on Instagram a couple months ago, entirely possible it made him toxic enough over there for teams to pass.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

RCarr posted:

It just comes down to willpower. You can have people tell you what’s best for you all day long but in the long run it’s easier and more enjoyable to eat like poo poo than eating right.

We're also talking about 20-somethings. Most people don't take their diet seriously till they have to, and most people aren't as genetically gifted as professional athletes.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If you take the regular coke out and go DC instead you're talking around 4 1000 calorie meals which isn't terrible.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Sydin posted:

He got into a bunch of trouble with the Japanese press/social media for posting support for Ridge Alkonis on Instagram a couple months ago, entirely possible it made him toxic enough over there for teams to pass.

Makes sense, Bauer has the charming personality and demeanor of a fatal car crash.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Trevor May actually addresses the diet question in his ama vid, sounds like Jazz was getting his nuggies extracurricularly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP4EgbcIHIM&t=654s

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sydin posted:

I have no idea who this is

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

US army man who killed people in a DUI (e: navy, two people)

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I have no idea who this is

Piece of poo poo US navy lieutenant deployed in Japan who drove drunk and killed a mom and son when he crashed. Served three years in Japanese prison before the US got Japan to turn him over, and then we immediately paroled him because of course we did.

e;f,b

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Sydin posted:

If he keeps digging down he just might get out of this well.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Oh this is the guy that Jake Tapper was celebrating getting out of jail lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/1765848553434251281

Another prospect Cashman hugged and is now worthless.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

zoux posted:

Trevor May actually addresses the diet question in his ama vid, sounds like Jazz was getting his nuggies extracurricularly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP4EgbcIHIM&t=654s

This is a pro-click.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Austin Wells looks like Steve Balboni.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

So they are going to call fielders for blocking the base this year huh?

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1765884761799561462

I like this in theory but it would suck to lose a game because of a ticky-tack obstruction call.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

So they are going to call fielders for blocking the base this year huh?

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1765884761799561462

I like this in theory but it would suck to lose a game because of a ticky-tack obstruction call.

This rule loving sucks. Just let them challenge it and if the guy is called out but he's blocked call him safe. The extra base is awful.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Sydin posted:

https://twitter.com/maddie_m_lee/status/1765799943154151709

lol like the tenth hammy injury for Madrigal, at some point the Cubs need to accept his legs are made of hopes and dreams and move on.

Dogshit news for Kilian though, looked like he was finally starting to make things click.

Aside from Stroman, I feel like the Cubs were pretty lucky on the injury front last year. I have a bad feeling that will not be the case this season.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I think Michael Busch might be better than Matt Mervis :ohdear:

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

On one hand, I am content with Bauer disappearing forever

On the other hand, this could be extremely funny if he gets knocked around

https://twitter.com/infieldflygrl/status/1765781881084424207?t=K_6XlwWaatB2wg4ggvMwfw&s=19

Apparently they play the dodgers on March 10 so this could be some weird grudge thing I guess?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Imagine Ohtani launching one into the sun off him

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I think Michael Busch might be better than Matt Mervis :ohdear:

More like, Busch is good and will get PT with Counsell :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZTRzVMT6QQ

Gonna be so much GDT posting with HEAD FOR THE MOUNTAINS

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It’s really funny as hell that Bauer couldn’t manage to get any traction with his giant PR team despite all of the CHUDS who would generally support that kind of guy, and now he’s just barely hanging on to his career

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The chuds don’t just generally support him they’d carry a printer for him

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bauer’s biggest problem (besides being a piece of poo poo) is that he can’t keep his mouth shut and let his people do their work to try and get him a job. If he had done things quietly there was potentially a small chance he goes to Indy ball or something. But he feels so entitled to play in the majors that he can’t help but whine on socials.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You guys wanna hear a confession...

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1766116033373286500

I've never liked JVs delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

FlamingLiberal posted:

Bauer’s biggest problem (besides being a piece of poo poo) is that he can’t keep his mouth shut and let his people do their work to try and get him a job. If he had done things quietly there was potentially a small chance he goes to Indy ball or something. But he feels so entitled to play in the majors that he can’t help but whine on socials.

It's also that teams know he won't stay quiet and thus would be an ongoing PR nightmare for them. Like if he'd just agree to do an apology presser and then put his head down, he'd be on an MLB team right now.