Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the problem with the Silurian hypothesis is it only looks backwards in time afaict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

toggle posted:

the thread needs some birds

hang in there How!, the bird thread is with you

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I mean... obviously lol. he's a right wing military gen x guy

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Does that make us qanon

kinda funny because if it's true the UFO stuff was buried inside of existing DoE structures then the people involved do in fact have Q clearances

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Spergin Morlock posted:

I mean... obviously lol. he's a right wing military gen x guy

april wine was better anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6AtvHscW3M

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

These dudes are building up to an amazing grift and lucrative patreon

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

toggle posted:

one more for equanimity

I thought you couldn't post homegrown anymore

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Does that make us qanon

:tinylue:anon

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

https://www.secretorum.life/p/the-most-dangerous-idea

whoever posted it, this is such a good article

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Rickshaw posted:

Thanks, and thank you to the OP, this is great! The physical trauma associated with my NDE was obviously key to the psychic journeys I undertook while hovering between life and death and informed some of my experiences within whatever realms I was traversing, while some other aspects seemed completely unrelated and remain opaque to me as to their source and meaning. A lot of what is written here feels right to me.

Being a double lung transplant patient twice over (a double double) I am also fascinated by the recent mentions of personality changes ITT, and I was aware of them as a possibility both pre and post transplant. Some people I know in the transplant community in Canada attest that these personality shifts are a definite thing, while others write it off as a result of PTSD, steroids like the massive doses of prednisone we are occasionally required to take, and the bizarre/semi-toxic nature of some of the immunosuppressant drugs we are put on like cyclosporin. A lot of marriages fall apart post-transplant.

One aspect that comes to mind as I write this is that while I was not, afaik, "at odds" with my first set of lungs and their donor, and I blame exposure to the shingles virus for the rejection that destroyed those lungs during the two years following that transplant, I am now 10+ years post second transplant and feel that part of the reason why I have made it this far is because, as I found out later from someone who knew him, my second donor's most important wish was to have kids of his own, a drive I also shared and achieved. Practising gratitude towards both donors is an important part of my mental wellbeing, and keeps me from the despondence of survivor's guild that I struggle with, having lost so many peers along the way who were on their own transplant journeys.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

where we somber one we somber all

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

my bony fealty posted:

where we somber one we somber all

trying to practice mindful somberization in my day to day life

Professor Beetus posted:

I thought you couldn't post homegrown anymore

if it's birds you're allowed:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Squizzle posted:

yr suffering is valid, worth recognition, and deserves comfort. even if grand atrocities are taking place—you, yr loved ones, and yr emotional lives still matter

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

toggle posted:

agreed

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
gently caress yeah :love:

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Lue is probably just overusing cliches because he's not the best writer

He's just posting more of his World Famous Lue's Clues™ but at least he's getting better at it! I'd buy it for a dollar but they're usually two dollars now...

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

you can't trick me, that's just a regular owl :mad:

How!, I think Squizzle said the majority of what I would have desired to say to you here:

Squizzle posted:

yr suffering is valid, worth recognition, and deserves comfort. even if grand atrocities are taking place—you, yr loved ones, and yr emotional lives still matter

and Sleekly covered much of the rest of it:

but I will add that I'm so sorry life has been delivering to you so many difficulties of late. It seems like a lot of people have been forced to face personal tribulation, but it also seems like many of those people in turn are slowly beginning to find hand- and foot-holds forward and out of it. Remain the strong, thoughtful, loving person that you are. Express yourself in art; express yourself here; express yourself to whatever it is that may be listening when the night is quiet and the room is dark and you know that you are alone and yet somehow also that you are not. You are a survivor. You will survive.

Turpitude posted:

Thanks, and thank you to the OP, this is great! The physical trauma associated with my NDE was obviously key to the psychic journeys I undertook while hovering between life and death and informed some of my experiences within whatever realms I was traversing, while some other aspects seemed completely unrelated and remain opaque to me as to their source and meaning. A lot of what is written here feels right to me.

Being a double lung transplant patient twice over (a double double) I am also fascinated by the recent mentions of personality changes ITT, and I was aware of them as a possibility both pre and post transplant. Some people I know in the transplant community in Canada attest that these personality shifts are a definite thing, while others write it off as a result of PTSD, steroids like the massive doses of prednisone we are occasionally required to take, and the bizarre/semi-toxic nature of some of the immunosuppressant drugs we are put on like cyclosporin. A lot of marriages fall apart post-transplant.

One aspect that comes to mind as I write this is that while I was not, afaik, "at odds" with my first set of lungs and their donor, and I blame exposure to the shingles virus for the rejection that destroyed those lungs during the two years following that transplant, I am now 10+ years post second transplant and feel that part of the reason why I have made it this far is because, as I found out later from someone who knew him, my second donor's most important wish was to have kids of his own, a drive I also shared and achieved. Practising gratitude towards both donors is an important part of my mental wellbeing, and keeps me from the despondence of survivor's guild that I struggle with, having lost so many peers along the way who were on their own transplant journeys.
so are you. :glomp: We all are. We all will.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

toggle posted:

I love these birds 😭

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I've been trying to find, for YEARS, an abduction movie I saw in college that was both terrifying and well done, and this drat owl just triggered a memory from the movie.

Just found out it was "The Fourth Kind", thanks!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

How! posted:

Thanks. Its just part of living I guess- but it just feels cruel at a certain point. I almost feel solipsistic in how personally the universe has been knocking my partner and I down.

I can’t imagine how people facing actual, active violence are faring. Free Palestine.

No matter how hard the trial, it will end eventually. Please hang in there.

(also has your wife fired her agent yet? Geeze, what a jerk.)

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Dream chat:
Had a gnarly one where several planes were caught in some sort of accident. I live near an airport and as I heard the swelling of doom and wrenching metal I'd look out my various windows and catch glimpses of torn off wings falling from the sky. Planes with both wings hew off heading toward the ground, planes missing one wing, I saw wings floating in the sky carried by up drafts without the body attached. All the while I was freaked out the debris would crash on me and the neighbors/other people. Some of the planes were still able to stay airborne despite the damage and the fire coming off their forms.

In the midst of this a NASA drop pod landed on my roof above the garage (which connects to my kitchen and then living room where I was currently standing) and I was surprised that portion of the house didn't cave in from the impact. I was trying to figure out how to get up there to see if anyone was alive but didn't get the chance as I teleported to another dream segment which involved my intentions to end America.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The Demilich posted:

as I teleported to another dream segment which involved my intentions to end America.

doing God's work

e: Gods'?

God(s)'(s)

LITERALLY A BIRD has issued a correction as of 20:30 on Mar 7, 2024

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Rickshaw posted:

this really was a great read, ty for sharing!

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Fenarisk posted:

I've been trying to find, for YEARS, an abduction movie I saw in college that was both terrifying and well done, and this drat owl just triggered a memory from the movie.

Just found out it was "The Fourth Kind", thanks!

I remember liking the trailers for that movie more than the movie itself.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/IlVrTpu.mp4

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
the fix is in

https://twitter.com/rosscoulthart/status/1765838107323306111

Did we expect anything else?

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

so drat annoying

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

so it will be chaos then

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

pancake rabbit posted:

https://www.theblackvault.com/docum...man-matt-gaetz/

friendship ended with orb

now egg is my best friend

self quote because well well well

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

humans from the future confirmed

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

if ufos exist why aren't there pictures from the ubiquitous cell phones everyone has VS here, look at these pictures

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nah AARO has been another Blue Book from the start.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

catastrophic disclosure it is then

only thing the authorities care about is maintaining their increasingly flimsy and tenuous grip on the status quo

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Cool as poo poo gently caress yeah

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Tekne posted:

catastrophic disclosure it is then

only thing the authorities care about is maintaining their increasingly flimsy and tenuous grip on the status quo

The fact that this comes after the tweets from Coulthart and Lue with a completely opposite tone is what made me raise an eyebrow. Plus Grusch's op-ed still being held up is a sign to me that nothing short of the skies filling with proof over major cities will advance thus at all.

I guess this is how all the people who were strung along by Blue Book felt :smith:

Edit: every time I see a drawing or photo of that red light ship I see a 40k drop pod and I don't know if that makes it better or worse.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

incredible :shobon:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Fenarisk posted:

I guess this is how all the people who were strung along by Blue Book felt :smith:

I know it sucks and people want answers, but lmao at thinking that the government will ever give up a secret like this that isn't literally pulled from the ashes of a burned-down building or stolen and leaked at the risk of the leaker spending life in prison, if not killed in an unsolved home invasion in which nothing is stolen. The idea that disclosure will come from a few insiders working some arcane internal process is absolutely laughable and decades of history should let anyone know exactly how successful this most recent iteration of disclosure-from-within will go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Fenarisk posted:

I take some small comfort that the others seem to also prefer it this way, otherwise they would've revealed themselves in such a way that can leave no room for ambiguity (though sometimes I wonder if that's something the phenomenon is capable of)