Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Snoot Spoot

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1765814192181768276?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oooooh! He looks great!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Kelly writes good books

https://twitter.com/skybound/status/1765814710715195781?s=46

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's literally just Elsa Bloodstone.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Awesome!

Now please keep her and Snake Eyes apart.

No Duke romance either.

Those have run their course and done several black flips over several canyons Evel Knievel style at this point and face planted in front of the finishing line.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Upon closer inpection, the big glob of lint in Mega Man's knee was apparently stuck in the actual plastic. Been yanking out fibers with a pair of needlenose pliers and some of them were in there pretty deep. I think a big glob of pocket lint stuck in the mold might explain the weird gash across his chest too, it totally looks like there could have been a big fiber in there that got yanked out. Just a freak occurrence at the factory I guess, hopefully not something we'll see repeated often.

These weird issues aside, it is a cool toy. Nicely engineered, fun to pose. The paint is mostly really nice with subtle airbrushed highlights. marred by some obvious flaws, all likely due to said pocket lint.

I'll probably do a full repaint on this guy in metallics with some subtle weathering.

Wouldn't be my first Mega Man custom! For those who might have missed it, 15 years ago I did a custom "realistic" Mega Man which I think is still pretty rad. Sorry about the stupid watermarks on the images; at least they still exist.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

New custom - Mega Man!

:megaman::megaman:

I made this guy out of a movie Iron Man figure, with a right hand pulled off an old Metal Gear Solid figure and the head/buster arm/wrist/ankles built from scratch. Painted with Testor's and Citadel acrylics. When people try to make Mega Man look too realistic it usually looks stupid, so I compromised with this kinda anime style.

Well, that fuckin rules.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Wouldn't be my first Mega Man custom! For those who might have missed it, 15 years ago I did a custom "realistic" Mega Man which I think is still pretty rad. Sorry about the stupid watermarks on the images; at least they still exist.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh poo poo they're rereleasing Argus, the remold of Astrobot Apollo that they haven't made in years! and he comes with guns this time!
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/270313

still waiting on hyperion though...

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Not only are we getting a Scarlet mini we're getting a Destro one!

quote:

And then, acclaimed writer Dan Watters (Loki, Universal Monsters: Creature from the Black Lagoon Lives!) and artist Andrei Bressan (Dark Ride, Birthright) change the balance of power in the Energon Universe forever in Destro #1, launching June 19, 2024.

James McCullen Destro XXIV is the man behind M.A.R.S. Industries, the undisputed leader in providing high-tech weapons to world powers…for the right price. But the emergence of Energon has changed everything. As Destro’s ambitions grow, the “Crimson Twins” Tomax and Xamot Paoli emerge to destroy their competition, and Cobra Commander realizes his current ally could be his future greatest enemy.

“I’m incredibly excited to bring Destro to life with Andrei,” said Dan Watters. “This is going to be a visceral, explosive thriller in which he [Destro] isn’t very nice to anyone at all — everything you’d want from your favorite amoral arms trafficker.”

“I just can’t wait to see what Dan has planned for Destro!” said Andrei Bressan. “I’m pretty excited because everything going on with the Energon Universe so far has been bonkers and Destro…he is just an absolute bad***, ready to kill and destroy.”

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

He's glorious. Is that... light piping?!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Shiftypenguin posted:

He's glorious. Is that... light piping?!

Sure looks like it

Edit: it is according to Mattel Creations page

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

Sure looks like it

Edit: it is according to Mattel Creations page

Yaaaaassss!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Hasbro has applied for a new Transformers-related trademark at the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO).

The trademark also connects the recent Void Rivals comic book series by Skybound/Image.

Trademark Name: Void Rivals
USPTO Trademark ID: 98407087
Trademark Owner: Hasbro, Inc.
Trademark Description: Toy action figures, toy vehicles, and toy robots convertible into other visual toy forms; board games; equipment sold as a unit for playing board games; dice games; playing cards and card games; equipment sold as a unit for playing card games; parlor games; tabletop games; children’s multiple activity toys sold as a unit with printed books; jigsaw puzzles and manipulative puzzles

We currently do not know if this registration would yield a new toyline. But if the past is any indication, it is highly likely that we will see figures based on Skybound’s successful venture.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2024/02/20/hasbro-applies-for-void-rivals-transformers-toy-trademark-504570

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

oh poo poo they're rereleasing Argus, the remold of Astrobot Apollo that they haven't made in years! and he comes with guns this time!
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/270313

still waiting on hyperion though...

A lot of these are cool. This one may be the blandest of them. (Still neat, but it's just kinda a Big Robot and not Robot With Small Arms Controlling Bigger Arms or whatever!)

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I don’t suppose anyone has a suggestion for a decent sculptor for a custom comic-style 1/6th scale head?

I’ve found a few on Etsy, but the results look… mixed.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh, huh. Just got an update from Amazon telling me the brainiac drone will ship on or by May 20th.

Neat.

Headsculpt wise, there's a ton of great artists out there. Hell, hit fiverr and see if anything catches your interest. At least that way you can get a custom expression.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

HellOnEarth posted:

I don’t suppose anyone has a suggestion for a decent sculptor for a custom comic-style 1/6th scale head?

I’ve found a few on Etsy, but the results look… mixed.

Let me know what you want and what you're wiling to pay, and I could maybe do it.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The elephant firefighter was one of my faves as a kid, stoked for that matty release.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endless Mike posted:

A lot of these are cool. This one may be the blandest of them. (Still neat, but it's just kinda a Big Robot and not Robot With Small Arms Controlling Bigger Arms or whatever!)
Athenia is by far the weakest of the lot of them. she is frail and spindly because ~sexy female robot~, and because of this has bad articulation, bad stability(needs a stand to be able to pose without falling over), and her hands are not articulated like the rest of the astrobots. just a conceptual failure of the line.

Argus was the second figure they ever made(being a remold of Apollo), and his core conceit, like Apollo, is "can he hold this pose? yes he can!" they're just rereleasing one of the original figures but with extra guns for some reason, which is nice for those who missed out on him years ago, I thought they were never going to rerelease him since they had taken down his store page a while ago while repeatedly putting Apollo up for orders again and again.

Vulkan and Hyperion are indeed the pinnacle of the line, though. I highly recommend anyone interested in fun action figures to fiddle with to get Vulkan, he is by far one of the best toys I have ever had, period. still waiting on them to actually release Hyperion though, he's been delayed repeatedly.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Does anybody make a sturdy, well-balanced sexy female robot action figure?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Both the 60th Anniversary Action Diver and Soldier have moved up to relasing next week on the 14th as well.

That along with Vamp/Clutch are going to make my wallet scream.

Airborne has been popping up for people.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 8, 2024

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Gripweed posted:

Does anybody make a sturdy, well-balanced sexy female robot action figure?

Sexy
Sturdy
Well-balanced

Pick 2.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Let me know what you want and what you're wiling to pay, and I could maybe do it.

Sent you a pm!

I’ve looked at Fiverr and it seems entirely flooded with AI and not actual artists…

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Got some He-Mans this week

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Got Denji

I like him a lot. The shoulders are wack. But it’s deal able

I had his leg screw get lose so I had to do that thing. But it’s fine now.

I did discover that you cannot swap anything but the arms between denji and chainsaw man. So that was kinda lame. Mostly because chainsaw man is never static so I thought of swapping bodies whcih would fix the shoulders for the denji who is more neutral

Oh well

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yeah, his shoulders are so weird. Not sure why they changed them. I still like him a lot. His faces rule.

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

I mainly lurk and live vicariously through this thread because of space at my home, but one day I found the Figurarts Luffy at Walmart and bought it. And you can't be King of the Pirates by yourself so I had to get Sanji and Zoro.

Zoro is kinda disappointing at around $70. His left arm comes off at the bicep to swap with a piece that has his bandana tied around his arm and that piece does not stay connected real well. His robe also severely limits his poseabilty to the point where you can only really have him stand straight up. I've ordered a 3rd party cloth robe so hopefully that will help.

Sanji is pretty awesome and comes with some nice, expressive faces. He has tons of articulation and his flaming leg pieces look really nice and also have articulation. I've really enjoyed posing him and all of the different stances I've been able to make with him.

Luffy is just a great figure. The colors really pop and his faces are very expressive. The only complaints I have are that his neck joint is a tad loose, you can't hang his hat around his neck, and there aren't any accessories to show his rubber man powers. With that said, I really love this figure and have had a blast posing him. He has tons of articulation and he can be put in just about any of his prominent stances from the show.

Overall I am really loving the One Piece line. I'm definitely going to be getting more of them as they are released. I really hope the Romance Dawn Nami and first arc Luffy figures means we get more of the crew in their various outfits.

midwest ink fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 8, 2024

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Well poop. I just found out I'm going to be traveling Tuesday for a funeral and won't be able to get online for Snout Spout. Any goons willing to grab an extra for me and I'll pay you?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nanigans posted:

Yeah, his shoulders are so weird. Not sure why they changed them. I still like him a lot. His faces rule.

I can’t figure it out other than maybe just changing the sculpt? Idk.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Ah Goku’s dad passed away

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1765938543925362994?s=46

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I guess the state of the union is sad. Dammit. RIP big guy, hope the angels are all screaming and powering up as you get to the gate.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Considering how the man kept going I half expected him to be around for another thirty years.

He's gone to teach a dinosaur to ride a ball now.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I’ve seen Dragonball Z before. He’s not dead.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Louisgod posted:

I’ve seen Dragonball Z before. He’s not dead.
when the creator of the dragon balls dies, they die with him.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I was going to buy the Play Arts Kai Jessie+Bike set off AmiAmi cause it's ridiculously discounted right now, $73 US, significantly less than the cost of Jessie by herself. But the shipping costs are not determined until after you place the order. I got my email saying the grand total was going to be ~$200 US. So that's $127 for shipping. Nearly tripling the cost. Never seen anything like that. I'm trying out editing the order with a different shipping method and see if it's even remotely affordable. If not, I'm just going to have to cancel that order, because that's just straight up uncool. I know this is a relatively large item, and shipping is not usually that steep, but it's making me rethink buying anything from there right now.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I was going to buy the Play Arts Kai Jessie+Bike set off AmiAmi cause it's ridiculously discounted right now, $73 US, significantly less than the cost of Jessie by herself. But the shipping costs are not determined until after you place the order. I got my email saying the grand total was going to be ~$200 US. So that's $127 for shipping. Nearly tripling the cost. Never seen anything like that. I'm trying out editing the order with a different shipping method and see if it's even remotely affordable. If not, I'm just going to have to cancel that order, because that's just straight up uncool. I know this is a relatively large item, and shipping is not usually that steep, but it's making me rethink buying anything from there right now.

AmiAmi’s shipping prices on small stuff is ok, but anything large (I buy a lot of statues from them) gets incredibly expensive via DHL or EMS. $127 doesn’t surprise me, since I imagine the Jessie + Bike combo box is pretty big.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Agrias120 posted:

AmiAmi’s shipping prices on small stuff is ok, but anything large (I buy a lot of statues from them) gets incredibly expensive via DHL or EMS. $127 doesn’t surprise me, since I imagine the Jessie + Bike combo box is pretty big.

Some googling told me the "air small parcel" option might be the cheap one so I'm trying that. I'll report back when I get a final price with that option. If you have any other info about which option is cheap, let me know.

Generally speaking I'm not that cool with paying more for shipping than I do for the thing I'm buying, especially when it's expensive to begin with.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My denji box from Amazon Japan was damp lol

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AmiAmi always shows me all the shipping prices when I actually get the invoice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It never really occurred to me to try buying stuff from Japanese Amazon, but it seems like maybe a good option for some stuff. What are their shipping prices like?