Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

KomradeX posted:

Doesn't Gaza already have port facilities? What if this is really about letting American shipping claim they're going to the new port of Gaza when theyre really bound for Haifa or whatever but it looks like bad PR for Ansarallah. Holy poo poo it is just that isn't it

they have a fishing harbor that is currently a 2000lb bomb crater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016
We can't build infrastructure at home without tripling the cost to pay "consultants" because the government doesn't have the institutional knowledge to manage building things like bridges and roads.

I don't know how they think they're going to build a port of any scale off the coast of Gaza even if it's using empty barrels strapped to two by fours

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

CheetoVonTito posted:

What in the hell?!

Explains why she didn’t show up at any of those “khamas” screenings

https://x.com/badpositionz/status/1765656196164272399?s=46

she named her kid Ori? lol. hallowed are the Ori

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Spergin Morlock posted:

i was going to also post this

remember when Louis Gossett Jr got turned into a prior?

that show was so loving good

remember that one that had the exact same plot as the voyager where they all get captured and brain wiped and are forced to work for a lovely company but then tuvok and tealc's vulcanism and symbiote reject the programming but of course the star gate one is so much slicker and better

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

CheetoVonTito posted:

Also twitter is having a hay day about this.

I am gonna go with, when has America ever had the American population believe they were doing good, solid, wholesome work in the Middle East…when in actuality they were stealing their natural resources?

https://x.com/megatron_ron/status/1765832090208084379?s=46

They're calling it the least targeted port terminal in maritime history!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Do you know if an up to date 1:50 000 map exists?

It is a great shame they stopped updating the International Map of the World. I don't understand why it wasn't found to be valuable or worthwhile

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
This temporary port is some real sicko poo poo. Everyone would be right to distrust this, so when it gets attacked the US can claim the moral high ground and have an excuse to engage Hamas directly.

Even if this is really intended to deliver aid, it's grotesque for the US to pat itself on the back for feeding the people that they're helping genocide.

Oh I just saw about the gas field. Of course. We gotta pump that out before our vassal self destructs.

Fell Mood has issued a correction as of 00:26 on Mar 8, 2024

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

Funniest outcome: the port get Liberty'd by Israel

the funniest outcome is the US declaring that Israel has no role to play in developing the Gaza gas fields so they'll be working with Qatar to do that directly and all revenues will be held "in trust" to rebuild Gaza at some point

Semisomnum
Aug 22, 2006

Half Asleep

so is there any chance they use this port to cry about Ansar-allah blocking "aid" shipments through the red sea

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Semisomnum posted:

so is there any chance they use this port to cry about Ansar-allah blocking "aid" shipments through the red sea

💯❗️

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s going to be an LPG port and they are going to suck as much gas as possible out of gaza before the colonist finally leave

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

CheetoVonTito posted:

Also twitter is having a hay day about this.

I am gonna go with, when has America ever had the American population believe they were doing good, solid, wholesome work in the Middle East…when in actuality they were stealing their natural resources?

https://x.com/megatron_ron/status/1765832090208084379?s=46

ETA until that port is going to have rockets rocking it like it's in the Red Sea...? :thunk:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

text editor posted:

Does anyone read/post in the epstein thread enough to provide a good summary on World Central Kitchen? for some reason I have them mentally filed under "Aid NGO (Spooks)"

prighozin was putin's chef for a long while lol

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
As a boat knower I'm just going to say the idea of rafting a load of ships offshore then trying to move it towards the shore is free range insanity. Even if it was barges I'm not sure you could find enough tugs that are powerful enough to move the blob and then stop it that don't have far more important things to do. Then you need to find a way to anchor the blob so it doesn't go on a magical mystery tour and the seabed conditions there aren't great for long term anchoring.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Spergin Morlock posted:

Don't loving do Morena Baccarin like that

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Don't loving do Morena Baccarin like that

buddy, if I got to do Morena Baccarin at all I wouldn't ask questions

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
In order to prevent the Israeli occupation of Gaza Joe Biden declares that the USA will occupy Gaza instead.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I'm gonna guess this harbor isn't going to end up anywhere near implemented anyway, but it can be an excuse to shovel some money to grifters and supporters/lanyards can boast about it as if it was already accomplished rather than just vaguely planned. Presumably this comes from staffers nervous about the election, but I doubt it'll have any impact on polls/primaries/etc.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

FuzzySlippers posted:

I'm gonna guess this harbor isn't going to end up anywhere near implemented anyway, but it can be an excuse to shovel some money to grifters and supporters/lanyards can boast about it as if it was already accomplished rather than just vaguely planned. Presumably this comes from staffers nervous about the election, but I doubt it'll have any impact on polls/primaries/etc.

Yeah I think this is where it's going to land. Biden will announce the big project (or spew unintelligible brain garbage to that effect), it'll be clearly untenable, and they'll just end up further enriching grifters who were already going to do piecemeal aid packages that are mostly symbolic, but then tout this as clear demonstration that they oppose the genocide despite clearly funding and aiding genocide.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

the fyre festival of harbors

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I want the harbors to be good, so many have starved to death

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Yeah I can't see a single plank of this pier ever materializing, its all just announced because:

Ardennes posted:

The numbers in Michigan are still looking bad, without Michigan, Biden is probably f'ed.

Lol his numbers are even worse elsewhere, something like 12% in Michigan voted uncommitted, 20% of Minnesota's primary on tuesday voted uncommitted. Going to joker laugh myself into a grave if Biden loses Minnesota for the first time since McGovern.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not going to link it but there's an image going around from one of those Israeli telegram groups that's mocking a Gazan 10 year old who starved to death by comparing him to E.T.

Literal Nazi state.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Olga Gurlukovich posted:

the fyre festival of harbors

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Egg Moron posted:

i was going to also post this

remember when Louis Gossett Jr got turned into a prior?

that show was so loving good

remember that one that had the exact same plot as the voyager where they all get captured and brain wiped and are forced to work for a lovely company but then tuvok and tealc's vulcanism and symbiote reject the programming but of course the star gate one is so much slicker and better

it was good but it also kind of wasted Christopher Judge, the best actor on the show by a pretty huge margin, by making him play a stoic warrior race stereotype

the episode where he and O'Neill body-swapped is incredible because Christopher Judge puts on an absolutely perfect Richard Dean Anderson impression, while Richard Dean Anderson continues to play himself because that is all he knows how to do

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

National Parks posted:

We can't build infrastructure at home without tripling the cost to pay "consultants" because the government doesn't have the institutional knowledge to manage building things like bridges and roads.

I don't know how they think they're going to build a port of any scale off the coast of Gaza even if it's using empty barrels strapped to two by fours

We have the knowledge, we just prefer to embezzle money instead.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Mister Bates posted:

it was good but it also kind of wasted Christopher Judge, the best actor on the show by a pretty huge margin, by making him play a stoic warrior race stereotype

the episode where he and O'Neill body-swapped is incredible because Christopher Judge puts on an absolutely perfect Richard Dean Anderson impression, while Richard Dean Anderson continues to play himself because that is all he knows how to do

The best thing about Christopher Judge is when he found out about furries live on stage at a convention.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

KomradeX posted:

Doesn't Gaza already have port facilities? What if this is really about letting American shipping claim they're going to the new port of Gaza when theyre really bound for Haifa or whatever but it looks like bad PR for Ansarallah. Holy poo poo it is just that isn't it

gaza doesn't have ports. they have one small jetty and a fishing harbor made out of rubble. or had anyway, don't know what they have now.
seems like the proposal is for an offshore way station to transfer goods to hovercrafts that can drive up on the beach and unload cargo. which is fundamentally stupid because if that was ok why wouldn't trucks be ok? it's horseshit

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

kazmeyer posted:

The best thing about Christopher Judge is when he found out about furries live on stage at a convention.

Nah it's him going so long during his acceptance speech at the game awards that they needed to bring in the Oscars gently caress off now music the next year

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
it’s loving ghoulish to wait until the state of the union for this. they shouldn’t get any credit.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
The idea that Israel doesn't get asked to bomb poo poo on America's orders is loving stupid. The US doesn't need to base its own jets out of Israel when US jets flown by Israel hit targets that the US wants to hit. Israel isn't a rabid dog on a fraying leash, it's a loyal pit fighting dog.

It serves both the US and Israel's interest to look like the US is weak and craven and that Israel can spit in its face and continue to get support. Do you honestly believe the US doesn't want the genocide to continue?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

OctaMurk posted:

Funniest outcome: the port get Liberty'd by Israel

Not only funniest but this seems basically guaranteed

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

uber_stoat posted:

he's a celebrity chef who formed an NGO and maybe he's a government agent too, i dunno.

José Andrés doesn't even have 20k YouTube subscribers.

wikipedia posted:

In response to the 2010 Haiti earthquake, Andrés formed World Central Kitchen, which provides healthy food to families and individuals touched by disasters.[23] Since it was founded, the NGO has organized meals in the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Zambia, Peru, Cuba, Uganda, Cambodia,[3] and in Poland on the border of Ukraine.[24] It has provided aid and meals in the United States and Puerto Rico and has helped during the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States.

During the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, José Andrés announced that he was going to donate a part of $100-million Courage and Civility Award given to him by Jeff Bezos[25] to address the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine.[26]

Yeah this is definitely spook poo poo. A charity for disaster areas that involves shipping large amounts of material is a good cover for spook poo poo. I'm sure the millions billionaires are handing José is for tapas and not underage prostitutes.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

meals in Cuba yeah sure buddy

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

José Andrés doesn't even have 20k YouTube subscribers.

Yeah this is definitely spook poo poo. A charity for disaster areas that involves shipping large amounts of material is a good cover for spook poo poo. I'm sure the millions billionaires are handing José is for tapas and not underage prostitutes.

he's like the most famous chef in the world besides gordon ramsey and has restaurants in every major city on earth, dude is a millionaire many times over

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Bro Dad posted:

he's like the most famous chef in the world besides gordon ramsey and has restaurants in every major city on earth, dude is a millionaire many times over

he is the second coming of Epstein and a demon

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

not sure why everyone thinks my $100,000,000-per-year charity that operates exclusively on the north korean border and in guantanamo bay is a cia front

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
from what im seeing the game plan is clear they want to force gazans into sumbission, by (a) dangling aid that comes exclusively from america. and (b) inserting the dog loving goat fuckers of the UAE into the local scene through their 'aid' in order to start brining people and inserting their local puppets like mahmoud dahlan, to undermine hamas and start making a local palestinian collaborationist government that are the sole distributers of aid.

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008
cia front or not. we are probably paying a pretty penny for the service and the food will still be not enough for the whole population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i suspect this pier idea will have very funny consequences, for american dogs