Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

Perkz benched, end of an era

hilariously, it wasn't even for poor performance, but because he pulled an adam and mouthed off to a manager under the assumption that they weren't ready to replace him at a moment's notice

i'd be surprised if he didn't make a return some time in late spring/early summer, although i'm not sure why when pretty much any top tier ERL player could replace him and put in a basically identical performance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vermain posted:

hilariously, it wasn't even for poor performance, but because he pulled an adam and mouthed off to a manager under the assumption that they weren't ready to replace him at a moment's notice

Bold move for a guy who’s been washed for at least 2 full years at this point.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
hahaha

APA: "you guys are so bad"

*gets destroyed*

FBI: "lol"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

isaboo posted:

hahaha

APA: "you guys are so bad"

*gets destroyed*

FBI: "lol"

that's some extreme justice lmao

i dunno what the gently caress this comp's doing honestly, seraphine's nice and all but their damage profile is so magic skewed that i can't imagine them winning

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I wasn't expecting Dhokla on Vayne today

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

isaboo posted:

I wasn't expecting Dhokla on Vayne today

she's the perfect counter to the increasing presence of voli in the meta and doesn't have to worry about k'sante clapping her cheeks anymore, so i can see it working out. still requires a bit of a weird team setup due to a lack of frontline, but if your whole goal is to shut toplane out and splitpush then i can see it work

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
So why are they in the basement of a foreclosed warehouse with chain link fence?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Digital Jedi posted:

So why are they in the basement of a foreclosed warehouse with chain link fence?

Isn't it because valorant?

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
They have one studio for all their esports stuff and Valorant is having some sort of finals.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

gwrtheyrn posted:

Isn't it because valorant?

yeah, VCT's occupying the main stage, so the LCS is playing in a gussied up storage closet

sucks losing the audience but i appreciate that they at least tried to make it look presentable

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Ahh makes sense and seems on brand for Riot these days

Still better than just not having matches or remote or whatever.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

Ahh makes sense and seems on brand for Riot these days

Still better than just not having matches or remote or whatever.

the LCS is on skid row for sure, even without all the job cuts, but i think the crew is trying to make the most of it. they're focusing all their efforts on trying to maintain a stable viewercount and provide some good side content to raise the profile of the LCS up, and i think they've largely succeeded given the relatively limited resources on hand

all the pros stuff on the youtube page especially has been fantastic and it's something i'm shocked was never attempted before, it gives so much more personality to the players

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
T1 vs KDF was like watching a man beating a baby.

The analysts " That was game 2 of the Globetrotters vs Kwangdong Freecs"

ouch

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

LCK teams really need to stop picking Smolder, everyone's figured out that he can't do anything for the first 10-15 minutes and just hard camps him.

E: OK this might be the funniest thing I've seen in pro League in some time.
https://clips.twitch.tv/BlushingInexpensiveDiamond4Head-ibVcuh0N-SzwF3cu

njsykora fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Mar 7, 2024

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

njsykora posted:

LCK teams really need to stop picking Smolder, everyone's figured out that he can't do anything for the first 10-15 minutes and just hard camps him.

Ooof I feel that pain

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

njsykora posted:

Smolder is a lesser sin compared to giving T1 Senna. Not banning Senna against Guma just just means they already know they're going to lose.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

saintonan posted:

Smolder is a lesser sin compared to giving T1 Senna. Not banning Senna against Guma just just means they already know they're going to lose.

Oh yeah any team that isn't banning Senna right now (17-game win streak in LCK alone) should be firing their coach.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

njsykora posted:

Oh yeah any team that isn't banning Senna right now (17-game win streak in LCK alone) should be firing their coach.

didn't it just lose this week? to smolder?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

curiousCat posted:

the general trend seems to be moving to counter her with smolder, especially after the most recent round of nerfs tanked her soloqueue WR a fair bit. i think people weren't building him properly and thus assuming he was an unsafe pick for pro, but the kind of tech people have built up around him in terms of itemization and playstyle makes him remarkably safe (his R is an insane stalling tool if you invest into AH early), and playing him on pace means you're in a good position to contest and win baron or soul point if the rest of the map can hold it together until then

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

curiousCat posted:

Lost in LCS in the C9 match I know, because they sent Senna off roaming and C9's Smolder just kept farming stacks on the farming tank. If Senna stays in lane maybe mitigates but even that game became a total flip because Senna farmed up everywhere

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

curiousCat posted:

It did, in a game between the two LCK bottom feeders. My comment was specific to Guma, since he's very good at Senna, and it gives Keria a chance to play a carry himself at the same time.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Yeah Keria on Tanky Farmers has been just a hilarious problem this half of the season because he's literally chewing folks up and spitting them out.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

saintonan posted:

It did, in a game between the two LCK bottom feeders. My comment was specific to Guma, since he's very good at Senna, and it gives Keria a chance to play a carry himself at the same time.

oh you were referring to the T1 specific streak not the lck streak, sorry

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

MJBuddy posted:

Yeah Keria on Tanky Farmers has been just a hilarious problem this half of the season because he's literally chewing folks up and spitting them out.

Meanwhile 9 kill kalista support.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Keira is just on another plane of existence as support.

Whenever he lock in Ketch we are in for a good time

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Raged posted:

Keira is just on another plane of existence as support.

Whenever he lock in Ketch we are in for a good time

Keria playing Kench like a soloq carry is a big part of why T1 are so much fun to watch right now.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

njsykora posted:

Keria playing Kench like a soloq carry is a big part of why T1 are so much fun to watch right now.

Keria is probably my favorite pro player right now. Not because he's one of the best players on one of the best teams. Well in a sense it is--he's good enough and confident enough that he can play champs nobody else will or in a way nobody else is and his team lets him. Like this man locked in ezreal support at the suggestion of his ADC lol

Of course people keep giving T1 senna, so being a psycho on TK helps.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

njsykora posted:

Pretty much. Maybe last year I didn't notice it as much but it's just the Keria show right now.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

man, i've been cutting APA a lot of slack, but this is a decidedly Not Great recent string of performances

guy's really gotta step it the gently caress up here to earn his seat

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

FlyQuest waiting to start fighting until less than 20 seconds after the enemy Smolder reaches 225 stacks sure is a choice.

Is Sundered Sky Jayce a real build?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Killed By Death posted:

FlyQuest waiting to start fighting until less than 20 seconds after the enemy Smolder reaches 225 stacks sure is a choice.

Is Sundered Sky Jayce a real build?

i'm seeing neither hide nor hair of it on the stats sites, so i'm assuming it's some kind of cooked scrim thing you do to make laning against renekton more favorable

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/NAmenCentral/status/1766252305681363202

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i loving love this guy, lmao

memes aside, it's nice that he's backing up APA through thick and thin. it'd be easy for a korean mercenary to just talk around the issue until he's no longer legally obligated to have to be polite, but umti seems dedicated to the team and the region, which i always appreciate

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yo. T1 vs GenG now.
https://www.twitch.tv/LCK

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

with the faker classic leblanc, although i dunno if this is just a flex or what. seems a bit weird in the current meta

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

GEN really did make a loving handshake with the devil for LCK dominance, they're making T1 looking silly

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
This is not the game 1 I expected

I have never seen T1 get stomped so hard 0-8 holy poo poo

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Well that certainly was a bit of a stomp, goddamn

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Tom needs to be head coach on Gen G games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the LCK power rankings are so goddamn strange. it's two top teams that steamroll everyone else and then nothing but a brawl in the mud where any team can win