Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I'm excited for Donald's little rebuttal.

The happy toilet didn't initially realize what the stakes were:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Will Trumps penis be brought up in court

And

Will Trump take the stand

You'd have to be a really awful lawyer to let Donald Trump take the stand in his defense at a criminal trial...

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
Comma in wrong place, all charges dropped, Trump president again

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

God drat it I really need to see who posts these so I don't get halfway through thinking it's real

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Silly Burrito posted:

I feel like a Trump metaphor exists out there somewhere in the news today…..

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1765855107185275265

I don't want to derail here but want to chime in for a brief sec that I was reading up on the internal politics and CEO changes and company buyouts and capitalistic greed that led to Boeing's decline into "passenger deaths are cheaper for us than R&D and safety checks on products and anyway our stock prices matter most" is pretty gosh darn concerning.

There's always another side to a story but that one seems pretty damning for Boeing from any angle I've seen.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I for one would like to have a president who has not been referred to on countless court transcripts as “Defendant.”

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Beefed Owl posted:

God drat it I really need to see who posts these so I don't get halfway through thinking it's real

THE PRESTIGE!

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Hazo posted:

“Brave New World” sounds like an excellent title for a book about a dystopian future warning us against literally everything republicans campaign for.

Hold on I’m getting a phone call

Yes hello do you have time to take a brief survey about the U.S. political landscape?

Abilifier
Apr 8, 2008

Catastrophe posted:

I don't want to derail here but want to chime in for a brief sec that I was reading up on the internal politics and CEO changes and company buyouts and capitalistic greed that led to Boeing's decline into "passenger deaths are cheaper for us than R&D and safety checks on products and anyway our stock prices matter most" is pretty gosh darn concerning.

There's always another side to a story but that one seems pretty damning for Boeing from any angle I've seen.

John Oliver covered it too, if anyone wants to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8oCilY4szc

Basically capitalism ruins everything, as usual.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://ru.usembassy.gov/security-alert-avoid-large-gatherings-over-the-next-48-hours/

So, the US is expecting mass terrorist attacks in Russia in the next 48 hours, in case you thought things weren't already hosed up enough in the world right now.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Catastrophe posted:

Watch Last Week Tonight on YouTube. Oliver just did a bang up job of covering it.

Goes from founding of company, building of reputation, 1st cousin loving, merging with lovely military R&D company, touched on a bit more cousin loving, and ends on present events.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Three Olives posted:

https://ru.usembassy.gov/security-alert-avoid-large-gatherings-over-the-next-48-hours/

So, the US is expecting mass terrorist attacks in Russia in the next 48 hours, in case you thought things weren't already hosed up enough in the world right now.

Excellent, thank you

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Vire posted:

I don't know why anyone is bothering with this case. Cannon isn't even trying to appear to be impartial and there is nothing that can stop her if she throws out the cases and rules to dismiss it can't even be appealed because of double jeopardy. Even though it's the most blatant and a slam dunk case I don't see this going to actual trial ever unless Jack Smith finally appeals something to the 11th Circuit and they not only overturn whatever ruling but remove her from the case. It's really down to NY, Washington, and the Georgia case I think at this point.

Really it's just down to New York and possibly January 6th The Georgia case is Rico and will take years to finish I would say the earliest would be 2026 and as I mentioned before I think the hush money case it's actually the most pertinent one because it will definitely be done before the election and Trumbull likely be found to be a convicted felon and that will negatively impact his numbers.

But most importantly we should just Make sure he loses the election and then it won't matter.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Hazo posted:

Excellent, thank you

Works for me:

quote:

Security Alert: Avoid Large Gatherings over the Next 48 Hours

The Embassy is monitoring reports that extremists have imminent plans to target large gatherings in Moscow, to include concerts, and U.S. citizens should be advised to avoid large gatherings over the next 48 hours.

Actions to Take:

Avoid crowds.
Monitor local media for updates.
Be aware of your surroundings.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Yeah it works for me as well but this sure came out of nowhere

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

loving Moron posted:

Watch Last Week Tonight on YouTube. Oliver just did a bang up job of covering it.

Goes from founding of company, building of reputation, 1st cousin loving, merging with lovely military R&D company, touched on a bit more cousin loving, and ends on present events.

God dammit I'm just going to be more disappointed about this subject now, aren't I? :(

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Catastrophe posted:

God dammit I'm just going to be more disappointed about this subject now, aren't I? :(

Oliver calls out the cousin loving greedy CEO and there is a great under cover segment in a Boeing factory where an employee says something about himself that most of us feel about ourselves ITT.

You will be a new level of disappointed but humored.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Hazo posted:

Excellent, thank you

Ukraine?

Or something else entirely?

Very wierd timing with Sweden

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Catastrophe posted:

Your username will be apt when you watch.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Silly Burrito posted:

What's the big deal, it's got tons of tires. Tires to burn!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

loving Moron posted:

Oliver calls out the cousin loving greedy CEO and there is a great under cover segment in a Boeing factory where an employee says something about himself that most of us feel about ourselves ITT.

You will be a new level of disappointed but humored.

also the only way to fix this issue is to completely restructure Boeing from the bottom up and totally change the regulatory actions of the FAA

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I watched the Octopus Murders on Netflix and I have to recommend it. It's not a particularly great documentary but it does a great job of highlighting how every Republican in our lifetime is a career criminal, especially Reagan. Like even if you already know they're the most horrible people on the planet this will probably still surprise you with the depths of depravity they'll reach for.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

TulliusCicero posted:

Ukraine?

Fallout from Navalny's death?

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I would say it was a Riechstag fire in response to Sweden or somesuch, but for what? Full mobilization?

Karl Hungus
Sep 28, 2001
Mine dispatcher says there's something wrong mitt deine kable.
Nap Ghost

I counted 14 cuts in 3 minutes. You know this had to take hours to take.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I seriously can't deal with Republicans butthole mouths. I cannot watch them speak. All of them do it. (Rand Paul is another prime example from just today)

I don't know what the gently caress is wrong with them but I'd appreciate it if they'd stop. It's like they're never not prepared for a blowjob. You can just toss a hot dog in there at any given time.

_____!
May 2, 2004

Fabulousity posted:

Fallout from Navalny's death?

🎵🎶Give me,
a piss to film a tape on,
and my Russian nation,
will thrive upon that piss!
🎶🎵

_____! fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 8, 2024

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Silly Burrito posted:

Lol, John Oliver just came out with an episode about Boeing today: https://youtu.be/Q8oCilY4szc

e;fb

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

this is far more likely to be United's maintenance loving something up than Boeing's fault

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Release the sex tape, Stormy!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

FuturePastNow posted:

this is far more likely to be United's maintenance loving something up than Boeing's fault

absolutely, but it ain't good optics lol

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

The John Oliver episode is terrific especially the faux commercial at the end but the most interesting part of the episode is definitely those camels and the whole acquisition culture of Lockheed Martin, in general.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

TulliusCicero posted:

Ukraine?

based on modern Russian history, it's either false flag or islamists with some low chance of neo-Nazis

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dwesa posted:

based on modern Russian history, it's either false flag or islamists with some low chance of neo-Nazis

False flag could be possible, especially with Sweden in NATO now

Is it possible there is actually a pro-Nalvany uprising?

That is going to make things get wierd for a minute

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Will Trumps penis be brought up in court

And

Will Trump take the stand

Actually Trump's penis is smarter and will be the one taking the stand.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

pixaal posted:

Actually Trump's penis is smarter and will be the one taking the stand.
I don't know if Trump's penis can be brought up anymore.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Why wasn't the SOTU in January like it usually is?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kadiagoba/status/1765885833918259243

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Fabulousity posted:

The happy toilet didn't initially realize what the stakes were:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU