Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hot Diggity! posted:

Eberflus looks so so much better with a beard. Like he looks normal.

Yeah, hopefully he keeps it during the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/lriddickespn/status/1765566757144498634?s=46

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I’d normally say this is a bluff, but Louis Riddick is one of the most connected guys in the entire league considering multiple teams have interviewed him for GM jobs and his history. So I guess Kirk is heading to Atlanta???

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I can't believe MIN is still the odds favorite to sign Kirk for next season. I'd put the field at 80%. It's been almost ten years since they've had a pick this high and there are multiple QBs within reach. Some team will pay him more than the Vikings want to.

Thanks for the memories Kirk.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

I keep thinking Cousins and Atlanta couldn't be more different then I realize he's definitely living in like Cobb County

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Isentropy posted:

I keep thinking Cousins and Atlanta couldn't be more different then I realize he's definitely living in like Cobb County

Nah, he's like a perfect fit for the oddness that is Atlanta lol.

That City's politics and like contractions are so loving weird. Him and his white guy gold chain wearing self after wins and poo poo would fit right in

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

Isentropy posted:

Does any high school in the Atl area rip off Michigan's uniform? That's basically all I remember him saying about living in Rosemount.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/schultz_report/status/1765849826330075555

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Poles eval:

He
Isn't
That
Stupid!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Hell yeah

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

LET'S loving GO!!!

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Why the hell did this contract take so long? I was expecting jaylen to ask for 22 a year and get talked into 21 or 20. Not 19 a year. Are there some bonuses attached to it?
Good for him. Im glad hes gettin paid and hes on the bears for a while.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
That seems cheap after Jaire got 4/84 two years ago. A lot more guaranteed though.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

ZombieCrew posted:

Why the hell did this contract take so long? I was expecting jaylen to ask for 22 a year and get talked into 21 or 20. Not 19 a year. Are there some bonuses attached to it?
Good for him. Im glad hes gettin paid and hes on the bears for a while.

28 million guaranteed his first year. This is a real interesting contract. His guaranteed money on a year to year basis looks like it will put him top of the league, but it is front loaded so the Bears won't be hurting in a few years. And he'll hit free agency before he turns 30. This just seems like a win for all sides.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Shrimpy posted:

That seems cheap after Jaire got 4/84 two years ago. A lot more guaranteed though.

It's the guaranteed which is a lot higher than was expected.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

King Poles works his magic again

one day we might win a playoff game

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Sataere posted:

28 million guaranteed his first year. This is a real interesting contract. His guaranteed money on a year to year basis looks like it will put him top of the league, but it is front loaded so the Bears won't be hurting in a few years. And he'll hit free agency before he turns 30. This just seems like a win for all sides.

To me it’s a really smart contract since the Bears have a lot of cap now and with those later years it helps maintain cap flexibility.

I’m really leaning towards “Poles is the real deal” territory.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Canned Sunshine posted:

To me it’s a really smart contract since the Bears have a lot of cap now and with those later years it helps maintain cap flexibility.

I tried to recreate the contract based on the information provided. If my math is right, they still have a little over 40 million in cap space this year. Plenty to attack free agency and set yourselves up.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Poles apparently has a fifty percent win rate and I think he uses it to his advantage "come on jaylan I just blew a fifth on a guy they were going to cut, help my out"

KING POLES DOES IT AGAIN

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Lotta talk right now that behind the scenes for the Bears, they are debating actually just trading down and trying to win right now with Fields. Otherwise, Poles and Flus lose their jobs.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I hope not, because then Williams will exceed the hype

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So here's the dream, so you know it can't happen:
Trade 1 for two firsts and bonus.
Get Maye
Offer one of those two firsts too get a pick swap and draft MHJ.
Get your center of the future and have him and maye pair for life.
Have MHJ and DJ carry the offense deep into the playoffs.

Williams busts and you get to trade the first again next year

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Lotta talk right now that behind the scenes for the Bears, they are debating actually just trading down and trying to win right now with Fields. Otherwise, Poles and Flus lose their jobs.

So Pace got seven years to gently caress about ineffectively, but Poles is getting pressured after two years?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I do t see how trading down helps you win immediately

You were a top ten pick level if bad my dude two more future firsts ain’t gonna fix that

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CharlestheHammer posted:

I do t see how trading down helps you win immediately

You were a top ten pick level if bad my dude two more future firsts ain’t gonna fix that

Lose a lot of games by one scores when players drop sure TDs and you get cursed with hope

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

I don't see Poles passing up on WIlliams, I see that as the only way he doesn't get fired at this point. If he sticks with fields then he gets fired if the Bears suck again (high probability in what looks to be a very tough division). If he takes Williams then he can fire Flus if they stink again.

Granted firing flus and sticking williams with a new coach would be making the same mistake the bears have made for their last 2 QBs, so, whatever.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

fishing with the fam posted:

So Pace got seven years to gently caress about ineffectively, but Poles is getting pressured after two years?

How much longer does Virginia have left to live and see the Bears win a Super Bowl?

Rod Hoofhearted fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 8, 2024

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Where is there a "lotta talk" about this

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

GMs dont get fired after 3 years unless they are absolutely incompetent. The idea that Poles job is in jeopardy is laughable.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Sataere posted:

GMs dont get fired after 3 years unless they are absolutely incompetent. The idea that Poles job is in jeopardy is laughable.

Shouldn't be, but I feel like if he keeps fields and passes up on Williams and the bears suck next year then he should be fired.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

xbilkis posted:

Presumably Dave from Downers Grove calling into The Score.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Scipiotik posted:

Shouldn't be, but I feel like if he keeps fields and passes up on Williams and the bears suck next year then he should be fired.

I think it depends on what they get in return. If they have a ton of draft capital and young talent that looks good, the record shouldn't matter in regards to his job.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Sataere posted:

I think it depends on what they get in return. If they have a ton of draft capital and young talent that looks good, the record shouldn't matter in regards to his job.

He already made his big brain move fleecing the panthers and getting the #1 pick in the draft with the best QB prospect since luck. There isn't a QB like him coming out next year. If Williams is that guy he is worth more than getting 5 first round picks. Bears don't need picks, they need a QB.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Scipiotik posted:

He already made his big brain move fleecing the panthers and getting the #1 pick in the draft with the best QB prospect since luck. There isn't a QB like him coming out next year. If Williams is that guy he is worth more than getting 5 first round picks. Bears don't need picks, they need a QB.

I'm a big fan of Caleb's game, but the actual hit rate on first round quarterbacks suck. Turning that pick into multiple first rounders could easily be the right path. We do not know. People are hoping for a unicorn, but having a lot of elite talent on your roster is the much safer plan to relevance.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Canned Sunshine posted:

Poles has really only made two bad moves as GM so far: The Claypool trade and drafting Velus Jones. Way better than GMs of the recent past.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Poles has really only made two bad moves as GM so far: The Claypool trade and drafting Velus Jones. Way better than GMs of the recent past.

I really don't get the people who poo poo on him. He's easily the best Bears GM of my lifetime.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

xbilkis posted:

You don’t trust Mikey “Beardown”

https://twitter.com/beardowncuz/status/1766134914389356694

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

How does this guy have 12.5k followers? Who is he?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Sataere posted:

How does this guy have 12.5k followers? Who is he?

Someone who paid for Twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sataere posted:

Who is he?
Mikey "Beardown" Cruz