Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Champion Shift did start EA, such that you can Become various vehicles and such:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2391900/view/4134938332941767352

im not sure if this is actually a survivor game from the trailer but it looks kinda sick and i think im gonna buy it anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Awesome! posted:

im not sure if this is actually a survivor game from the trailer but it looks kinda sick and i think im gonna buy it anyway

this is a videogame where Arthur Pendragon turns into a sick Camero, I'm not making any of this up

edit: it is also unfortunately not very good, which is a bummer since I love the unhinged concept

victrix fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 4, 2024

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
In new New, there's an outright full release for the cordially semi-adjacent, effort on aesthetic Bullet Bunny:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2317880/Bullet_Bunny/

quote:

Bullet Bunny is a twin-stick shooter with rogue-like elements. Fend off an onslaught of enemies, level up, and create unique builds every run while trying to survive 500 seconds!

Fight and fend off waves of enemies in this twin stick shooter game with rogue-like elements!

Features
Twin-stick shooter
Rogue-like: As you play, you will unlock new characters, guns, and backgear!
Level up and choose from over 75 powerups!
Characters are unique with there own supers and passives!
Different modes like Endless Mode & Dark Mode!
Variety of Guns
Tons of guns to choose from, ranging from your basic pistol to intense toxic blasters. Unlock and master them all!

Hero's with unique Supers
Characters are unique with their own supers and passives. From magnet throwing bunnies to blood bursting spells, each character offers a different experience. More characters planned post-launch.

Powerups & Masteries
Every time you level up choose from over 75 powerups. Find what powerups suit you best and build the most overpowered set up!

Intense Bosses
Defeat intense bosses every run!

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Jedit posted:

Don't worry, the scaling becomes impossible to beat at around the 90 minute mark. The only Endless build that works past a certain point is Butcher of Sins plus a silly number of Invigarons to reduce its CD to "as fast as you can spam it".
Turns out that Dark Marker + Blighted Blood also works fine.

I still had to quit around 02:20 because my computer could no longer handle all this power.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Is it odd that one of the things i like about VS is I don't have to "spam" anything? I mean i can build so that the character spams axes or birds or something, but i never have to frantically tap a button.

Big fan of that

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

ZeusCannon posted:

Is it odd that one of the things i like about VS is I don't have to "spam" anything? I mean i can build so that the character spams axes or birds or something, but i never have to frantically tap a button.

Big fan of that

Hell no, that's the best part of these games. And is why any weapon you have to aim manually is hot butt sauce and I will never use it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

At most I want a dodge button, but that's about it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kyrosiris posted:

At most I want a dodge button, but that's about it.

No

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
The knife is the loving worst. Either let me aim with the right stick or don't let me aim, aiming in the movement direction is loving terrible.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Captain France posted:

The knife is the loving worst. Either let me aim with the right stick or don't let me aim, aiming in the movement direction is loving terrible.

I thought the knife was like the winged boots - a way to let you travel faster. In the knife’s case by killing anything directly in your path of travel. It works pretty well used that way.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 9, 2024

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah think of it as a tool to move around easier through hordes than straight damage.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Captain France posted:

If you get the knife you really should get the arcana that makes the knife bounce. It's hands down one of the best things to have.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Soulstone Survivors is getting a big patch soon. They're gonna rebalance most of the skills, add a new hero and and change how endgame and the bossfights work. I can't really believe it but they're actually reducing the amount of random bullshit the game throws at you in later stages. The whole "super bullet hell with a dodge button" gameplay was getting old really fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeNmS8hgNEc

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2066020/view/4114672767168746019

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Very late to the party, Death Must Die is fun but man the dialogue is extremely cringe :psyduck:

You can see that they loved Hades and made their take on it, even the music seems inspired by it.

I like what it does with the loot and classes, a Diablo 3 de-make of sorts, but most of the abilities/perks don't do much for me, it's not a bad survivors-like by any means but I'd rate Halls of Torment higher.

also, Summer is someone straight up playing Lina from Dota 2 and I can stop giggling every time she shows up.

Issakhar fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 10, 2024

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

lagidnam posted:

Soulstone Survivors is getting a big patch soon. They're gonna rebalance most of the skills, add a new hero and and change how endgame and the bossfights work. I can't really believe it but they're actually reducing the amount of random bullshit the game throws at you in later stages. The whole "super bullet hell with a dodge button" gameplay was getting old really fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeNmS8hgNEc

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2066020/view/4114672767168746019

They always deliver

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Looking interesting for sss, that was one of the big winners in the second wave of games but seemed like it lost the plot

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
I sincerely appreciate the Rogue Genesia dev's commitment to filling my screen with projectiles and effects regardless of how badly it tanks performance. Time is passing at about half speed and I can't see anything other than tiny fractal boomerangs bouncing around. But I'm pretty sure I'm winning.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Boons & Burdens with a big overall surge forward for v0.12 "Turbo Charged"

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2646120/view/4107917367727200801 Full changelog is Long...so, venture within~

quote:

Patch 0.11 smoothed out a lot of issues players had with pacing, balance, etc. But then I got to thinking...why not really amp it up even more? So along with bringing a bunch of new content, Patch 0.12 completely overhauled the burdens systems, and tons of other things related to pacing, balance and intensity.

The next big update will be the promised meta upgrades. It's a huge undertaking, but I'm hoping to have it done before the month of March is over. It will likely bring with it a few extra surprises, but we'll see. I need to rest a bit after the mad rush leading up to and after launch. I'll post a patch preview when that's closer to release.

Some other notes: Another small patch should follow this one on Monday or Tuesday, and will fix the issues with rebinding left and right trigger, adjust and add some more new sounds, and fix a few other bugs I didn't get to yet. I won't be around tomorrow, so I wanted to get this big patch out now, before the weekend is over.

Big thank you to everyone that tested and gave feedback on the beta versions of this test. If you want to try out new content before its released and give feedback, join the discord here!

TL;DR: I organized the patch notes a little different this time because there's a lot to cover and grouping things by area of focus made more sense than big lists of balance, bugs, etc.
2 new bosses
3 new levels
2 new boon trees, 14 new boons
Completely revamped game speed/duration/balance.
All burdens rebalanced and updated. Many with altered mechanics.
Lots of additional balance changes
5 new burdens
5 new achievements
Interface updates to boon menu, burden menu, and combat
Bug fixes
PORTAL PHANTOMS ARE NOW VIRTUALLY UNKILLABLE

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
On the topic of weapons that must be aimed, DRG:S has multiple of them, and they all feel absolutely awful to use. Probably my least favorite aspect of the game.

Eels
Jul 28, 2003

Shootenanny
DRG:S iterates on the genre with the mining mechanic which adds a lot of flavor that I enjoy, but the flaws are really noticeable on Hazard 4 and above. Other survivor-likes have a good 'feel' when you ramp up the meta upgrades, you can jumpstart challenge runs and very consistently get builds off the ground. But in this game the stat upgrades are mandatory just to keep up with the enemy scaling at higher hazard levels. Even then, despite having most of the upgrades nearly maxed out it's much harder to get a good build online because you die so quickly - even the little starter bugs can do like 17-20 damage with high armor.

Then there's the artifacts, you end up unlocking a ton that dilute your pool and many of them are either useless at higher levels or highly situational at best (with lots of maluses). Someone earlier in the thread said it best when they said that some of those things should just be baked into the meta upgrades (like regular stone digging dropping gold/nitra). Basically the only artifact I actually want to find is the +crit chance/crit damage goggles, and there's a bunch i actively dread. Anything that slows move speed on high hazard is a death sentence.

You can tell they're trying to tune the game to a tight and tense experience, but the top end is overtuned to the point of not being fun, and misses the mark on what I personally enjoy about these games. I did have a good time beating all the levels up to Haz 3 through. I'm hoping they can course correct.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I'm doing a run a day to try and finish my Haz 4 wins and keep pushing class exp but yeah, had a good amount of fun and waiting for the devs to do content drops and refine things.

It's crazy how many seemingly good runs will instantly die to a boss health check. I've got 80% of the meta upgrades too.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Tangential, but BORE BLASTERS also came out strong of late on the frenetic mining front:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2398170/BORE_BLASTERS/

quote:

Collect rare gems, ores and ancient artefacts, upgrade your ship and unlock new abilities. Uncover the mysteries of the deep and the dangers that lurk below.

Blast your way through rocks and dirt with your machinegun drill. Carve through the ground to uncover precious ores and defeat menacing foes.

Uncover ancient relics and artefacts hidden in the deep. Amass a fortune in rare gems & ores.

Invest in powerful upgrades and unlock new abilities, turning your humble gyrocopter into a fearsome force to be reckoned with.

Explore a diverse range of biomes, from treacherous volcanic caverns to lush overgrown underground forests, each with its own unique challenges and rewards.

Intense mining action with fast-paced blasting
Constant progress - even failed runs aren't punishing
Diverse biomes to explore
Purchase upgrades to overpower your gyrocopter
Navigate the overworld to unlock new mine shafts
Collect and loot rare gems, ores, and artefacts to upgrade your gear and abilities
Endless replayability with procedurally generated levels

Drawing inspiration from mining games like Motherload and Galactic Mining Corp, Bore Blasters takes the genre to the next level with high octane action and fast paced gameplay. Fans of digging and collecting will find plenty to love, while the addition of deadly enemies and mysterious artefacts will keep even the most seasoned miners on their toes.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

DRG:S is all about positioning and kiting, it's definitely grown on me. The core is v good imo.

But I also agree that Haz 4+ really shows the cracks in the game flow at the moment. Especially on Hazard 5, bug damage scales way too quickly and there's zero healing scaling in the game if you invest in health. Small bugs and bug projectiles are the bane of your existence especially when things start getting crazy, it's impossible to see them through explosions and your own weapon projectiles and quite often you end up taking way too much chip to a bit of the swarm getting to you through the visual clutter.

Rerolling with gold costs way too much. If you're pathing right you can get upwards of 130 gold per level but that's assuming optimal routing, so 15 gold a reroll significantly cuts into your budget for either affording a heal or another gold upgrade. As others have mentioned the relic pool gets huge and you can't even reroll your relic choice.

I finally unlocked the Pay2Win Console and it's even funnier than you might have guessed. For the low low cost of draining your gold every 10 seconds, it gives you +100% damage! With no way to control it or turn it off, you're basically saying gently caress any gold upgrades between levels or healing for a probably powerful upgrade. Ideal if you hit it on stage 5, probably gonna ruin your ruin any other stage.

Gonna be putting it down for now till a content update or some major tweaks, but I'd say that it's a solid baseline all things considered. The DRG branding and music helps a ton.

Nipponophile posted:

On the topic of weapons that must be aimed, DRG:S has multiple of them, and they all feel absolutely awful to use. Probably my least favorite aspect of the game.

Ironically the aimed weapons have all grown on me. The Minigun is pretty much one of two weapons where I can go "no gently caress you swarm, I'm going this way" kind of like the Knife in VS. The Warthog Shotgun basically has an instant reload baseline and if you make it plasma via overclock, you don't even need to face bugs to shoot them it's kinda great.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Evil Kit posted:

The Warthog Shotgun basically has an instant reload baseline and if you make it plasma via overclock, you don't even need to face bugs to shoot them it's kinda great.

"If" is the issue, though. I did a few runs as shotgun engineer last night. When I got the plasma overclock along with the one that makes you shoot front and back, I was sailing through the level without breaking a sweat. The run before where I didn't roll those? Swarmed and dead.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Nipponophile posted:

"If" is the issue, though. I did a few runs as shotgun engineer last night. When I got the plasma overclock along with the one that makes you shoot front and back, I was sailing through the level without breaking a sweat. The run before where I didn't roll those? Swarmed and dead.

That's true! It does feel like certain OCs get offered more regularly than others at certain levels though which helps quite a bit. And even then the Warthog still has the knockback and fire rate to kill a champion bug by just looking at it which is p nice, especially early on. By the time it falls off it's either upgraded enough to keep up or you have other solutions.

I find when I die on higher hazards I've either backed myself into a corner stupidly, or just get grazed a tad too much from being too greedy. Pathing well enough through the level helps significantly with staying ahead of the curve via in-between stage upgrades.

Oh one final gripe: gently caress the "reach level X with weapon" requirements, especially on the Haz 4. They need to change those.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Tangential, but BORE BLASTERS also came out strong of late on the frenetic mining front:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2398170/BORE_BLASTERS/

It's okay! I think it's fun in the same way that DRG:S is fun, but I think if I had any complaints it's that base weapon damage seems kinda low and the levels feel pretty short (12 or so levels in)

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

RoboCicero posted:

It's okay! I think it's fun in the same way that DRG:S is fun, but I think if I had any complaints it's that base weapon damage seems kinda low and the levels feel pretty short (12 or so levels in)

Yeah, I feel this way too. I want just a little more time on each level -- even just 30-60 seconds. It's not even a difficulty or balance thing, it's just that they go by too fast. You blink and you're onto the next swarm, and I think the game could benefit by giving the player a tiny bit of breathing room to go grab an extra ore vein or bonus item.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
I recently picked up Repetendium which I enjoy quite a bit more than the DRG demo I tried. They're surprisingly similar but I don't think either game could have cribbed from other given their respective release dates. In Repetendium, each level involves killing a number of enemies to draw a boss out, then after killing the boss you have to escape before an invulnerable super-boss catches you. Experience, which is also related to meta-upgrades, is mostly mined from rocks.

Where they differ is aiming is mostly manual in Repetendium and both the art style and combat feel more like Nuclear Throne than anything, though it is far less punishing. There are no sub objectives in levels. There are shops and chests that give some satisfaction in exploring, though at the end of the day you can move from any point to another in a straight line by mining through obstacles.

It is still early in development and there are only three characters now that play very differently from one another (one is immobile except for teleporting, another auto-aims and fires). There are three distinct zones or biomes with a good amount of enemy variety, though the limited number of bosses means you'll see the same four or so every run.

I like it quite a bit. I haven't played DRG since it's release into EA, but I maxed out the upgrade tree in the demo and found it enjoyable enough to do but flawed enough to turn me off of the idea of playing more. Repetendium is simpler, but I think it ultimately is the more enjoyable of the two.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Folks can now also get Fanciful, with Antipaint:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1418390/Antipaint/ Demo as well, about 4 years they worked on it and hope for post-release doings.

quote:

An action-packed roguelite shooter where you battle famous works of art and each level you beat becomes a masterpiece to add to your colorful collection.

A Paint-tastic Adventure!
Embark on a quest to become the greatest artist in the world.
The battlefield is your canvas, the enemies are your paint. Literally. The art you make is yours to keep.

Paint or Slay Your Way
Choose from a variety of brushes and characters. From a slow and steady thick brush to a quick and nimble paint roller - we've got you covered.

Even The Best Painter Needs A Helping Hand
Finishing a painting rewards you with versatile items. Enlist the help of a friendly painting bucket, install some paint turrets, give your enemies moustaches or become a robot. Find a way to express your true self!

Face The Great Works Of Art
You can't be the greatest if there's other art out there. You'll have to defeat various (and dubious) works of art to secure your title.

Art to Remember
After the paint has settled and the brushes are cleaned, why not take a step back and admire your masterpieces in the gallery.

Eels
Jul 28, 2003

Shootenanny

Evil Kit posted:

I finally unlocked the Pay2Win Console and it's even funnier than you might have guessed. For the low low cost of draining your gold every 10 seconds, it gives you +100% damage! With no way to control it or turn it off, you're basically saying gently caress any gold upgrades between levels or healing for a probably powerful upgrade. Ideal if you hit it on stage 5, probably gonna ruin your ruin any other stage.

This is hilarious because the gold economy can get you way more that 100%dmg in buffs in 1-2 levels worth of purchases, it's definitely not worth that tradeoff. The artifacts really need a massive overhaul, they're just bad.

men with puns
Feb 8, 2010
Young Orc
Agreeing with all this about DRG:S. I enjoyed the mining aesthetic but almost everything else feels awful, especially if you go up beyond hazard 2 or 3. A few other thoughts (post "buff" patch):

Everything is way too slow - move speed, mining speed, fire rate, projectile speed, reload speed, level up speed (considering how many levels the overclocks cost), average time to kill even the tiniest first bug on a level. There is functionally no XP scaling as you scale up hazards, unlike in say vampire survivors where playing on hyper mode or with high curse / charm will make your levels skyrocket. Except the bosses, which are undertuned and boring by comparison.

But it's not just simple number tuning. There's not nearly enough player control over how a run and your "build" progresses. Having the weapons be constrained to exactly 4, and forcing you to choose one at specific levels instead of letting you choose them mixed in with other upgrade options, makes it needlessly annoying to get what you want, and removes a lot of control you should have had. Others have already said how bad the artifact system is.

Also as mentioned, the upgrade pool is extremely polluted and the gold reroll mechanic is bad. Upgrading individual random modifiers on a weapon adds even more RNG that isn't needed at all. The "tag" upgrades have a big downside because the high cost of overclocks. The "cosmetic" upgrades are amusing but don't do enough to offset both the cost of overclocks and their lack of any other purpose, especially with their high costs in the shop. And, partially because of the "rarity" tiers for upgrades, the percent bonuses already scale high enough that near the end of of a run, individual levels or upgrades already just aren't very impactful. Compared to systems like say VS or Brotato or Halls of Torment where weapon upgrades make drastic base stat improvements before various other modifiers are applied (which also keeps the modifier scaling more in check), this system is weak. It would help to have something like banish or seal mechanics, but it would be even better to throw out the current design and just start over.

Something crucial that this game seems to miss, is that the most iconic and best games in this genre were about strategy and game knowledge much more than RNG or the ability to dodge or kite enemies around a map, and certainly more than trying to tune them to keep the player from getting too strong. For example you can win the first map in VS with the first character pretty easily with no meta upgrades, - IF - you know you can transform your weapon (which of course does not require you to level up the whip on a previous run first :rolleye:). The overclocks are sometimes strong, but nothing I've seen even approaches the power jump of that first upgraded whip, and they demand so much more out of you.

The classes also don't have enough flavor. It's almost embarrassing that the driller can't wield the drills against the bugs that are constantly in front of them or hiding behind rocks where you can't see, and even the others should have the pickaxe as an option against at least one nearby bug at a time. The gunner should still hit harder, and scout and engineer should have more mobility, or utility, or ... something that actually changes the way you play.

Finally, with no equivalent to garlic, I'm going to argue DRG:S doesn't even meet the minimum requirements for the genre. :hmmno:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Fwiw I'm okay with melee being non-existent, it's also a means of last resort in DRG proper including for driller.

The biggest crime that DRG:S commits is locking all the really fun weapons and kits behind significant time investment. The autocannon Gunner unlocks alone turns the class from weakest to strongest by its sheer power and ability to destroy swarms and bosses alike. Gunner is the only class I don't use drop pods to kill elites with, and that's purely because of the AC.

The other gripe I haven't mentioned is the inconsistent magnet drops. If you could guarantee an end of level magnet drop somehow the higher hazards would feel much better imo.

If the devs tune weapons to make unstable overclocks more accessible then I can see the game really picking up, some of them are really funny.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

They definitely made the magnet drops rarer compared to the playtest and the prologue. I doubt it is tied to the luck, because even with meta and in-game upgrades I'm still not getting multiples on a single stage.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

I feel like DRG:S is peak fun at Hazard 2/3 -- drat near impossible at first, but becomes easy with meta and a bit of luck. Haz 4 can gently caress right off, and Haz 5 is pretty much "did you get lucky with upgrades/routing on the first floor, if not, you're gonna die instantly."

The limit to 4 weapons is fine by me, especially given the tag synergy system. (Also it feels like part of the fun of a VSlike is taking a basic weapon and upgrading it to absurdity, and having just 4 weapons reduces some dilution from the upgrade pool.) If I had to pick a few things to change it'd be:

* Paltry upgrades. Just delete all the gray and green upgrades entirely -- they don't feel good, and having them come up just feels like getting hosed by RNG. Blue upgrades are the _starting_ point for where an upgrade actually feels like an upgrade. I'm okay with upgrades modifying individual aspects of a weapon, as long as they're big upgrades and not "3% fire rate."

* Overclocks taking too long to get, which dovetails with the rerolling mechanic. There's a tension between "rush to an overclock as fast as possible" and "pick up some blue/purple upgrades along the way so that your gun actually feels good once it's overclocked." IMHO the overclock levels need to be far earlier -- you should be getting one weapon overclocked by end of floor 1, and have most/all weapons fully overclocked by the time you get to floor 5. Give players a chance to build weapon synergies and do interesting poo poo.

* Rethink artifacts entirely. There's two artifacts that feel great every time (BLT, Squintees); most are either neutral or situational; and some are actively detrimental at higher hazards. Drop pods are more useful for deleting bosses than they are for the loot inside them. (Also, allow rerolling of both artifacts and overclocks, already.)

* Swarm scaling. On one hand, I do like that DRG:S encourages movement and positioning and wave management, instead of "yolo into the nearest group of mobs." But Haz4 is simply not fun, and even Haz3 is somewhat challenging, and most of that has to do with needing to prioritize armor/movespeed over weapon upgrades in order to survive.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive put over 25 hours into nordic ashes now. blasting through unlocks and stuff. still have about 40 to go. its pretty good and meaty these days. the characters all feel very unique with what they do which i like a lot.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

ullerrm posted:

I feel like DRG:S is peak fun at Hazard 2/3
Curiously, that is pretty much exactly how I feel about DRG itself as well. :v:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

MMAgCh posted:

Curiously, that is pretty much exactly how I feel about DRG itself as well. :v:

I was just gonna post how I'm actually okay with Hazard 4 in DRG:S, but the same applies to regular DRG too. Haz 2 I'll literally fall asleep in, and Haz 3 is for teaching greenbeards.

Once I got the hang of routing in DRG:S you basically can't lose 3s, 4 requires some actual decision making of what to focus on along with making sure you get secondary objectives and as much mining of resources as you can handle. 4s are still a bit harsh scaling wise for bugs though, more an issue with the game design atm tho.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
for DRG:S I hope they one day add something like the class differentiators like in the original game. The zipline, platform gun, etc. I have no idea how that would work and I guess it goes against VS type games to have any kind of activatable ability but it would be kind of neat to be able to do something like use the engineer's platform gun to block off routes for the bugs or use the zipline to get over rocks without breaking them. It would go a long long way to making the classes unique at least.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

just like in regular drg you'd accidentally grappling hook into a horde of bugs and die instantly as scout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
After 3 days of simply awful runs(if I die on stage 1 twice I call it a single run and a day) I'm really beginning to sour on Haz 4 too. It's just not fun to be overwhelmed on the first stage even if you slam 6+ upgrades into a gun, get a good overclock and even see a legendary come up. That's the exact point when I should have a smooth clear and be thinking how to stay ahead of the curve on stage 2 and up, not clawing my way to an attrition death.

Yeah yeah, drop the pod on the boss. Why even have the weapons until stage 5? :v: It's also often a great timing to clear out 2-4+ elites trailing you. Your guns certainly won't do it.