Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Heavy needs a lot more love cuz giving up the speed and stamina for some marginal amount of extra hits (which could be completed negated by a crit / headshot) is not worth losing the go fast boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm having regrets about not saving enough supercreds for the new warbond :manning:

I'm just gonna give em another ten bucks. I've got over 300sc atm so it's definitely doable but there are too many fancy armor sets I wanna buy (so they can sit in my armory while I wear the light engineering suit)

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Something about this patch has made my game really unstable.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Night10194 posted:

We saw a detector tower that was making our lives hell get blown up by a meteor, that was hilarious.

We couldn't blow up a research station, none of us could call in the bomb, but luckily the meteors saved the day.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah I've had a lot of crashes since the patch so hopefully this gets fixed.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Just ran into my first Charger Behemoth today and yeah.....they scary.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

We dropped into a level 5 mission earlier and immediately wave after wave of dropships are coming. We were thinking what the gently caress, game is bugged. Absolute hellish start. Then after a few mins of wild flailing around and dying we realise that there's an eye of Sauron fixed staring at us right there. Probably the hairiest start I've ever had. Good game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Turns out when you play with Goons, the Pelican Pilots are as drunk as they are

Celebrating managed mediocrity

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Warmachine posted:

This is a huge miss, tbh.

Make the flag give some kinda bonus when you can see it, and make it a melee weapon for the carrier. Naturally it's a stratagem.

Make different flags that have different buffs, and have them take a one hand slot. Or back banners

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Has anyone ever had a bug where you can't stay still at an objective terminal? I keep trying and failing the directional inputs because my movement hasn't been disabled. These feets just gotta dance :coolspot:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I wouldn’t notice a bug like that cause I rebound the Stratagem inputs to the arrow keys. :v: sounds frustrating though.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Did anyone else not get paid out for the major order?? Did we lose Heethe/Angel’s Venture at the last minute and then win them back?

E: or maybe just do not understand how this works?

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 8, 2024

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Think I've mostly settled on Flamethrower / Guard Dog / Eagle Airstrike / Other Orbital or Eagle for bugs and AC / Eagle Airstrike / Orbital Laser / Other Orbital or Eagle for bots. I feel like those combos give me the best combination of damage against different enemy types. I am also sticking with superlight armor, I did one game with medium and I felt so goddamn slow and vulnerable, I'm never doing that again.

I've also learned to love the Slugger. Spray and Pray is alright too but it's nice to have a primary that can damage brood commanders quite well and kill many units in one shot. Breaker is still good too as far as shotguns go, haven't tried the Punisher much.

Flamethrower isn't that great, super bad against spewers due to the range, but man it's so good against massed enemies and chargers that I think it's worth it.

BastardySkull posted:

We dropped into a level 5 mission earlier and immediately wave after wave of dropships are coming. We were thinking what the gently caress, game is bugged. Absolute hellish start. Then after a few mins of wild flailing around and dying we realise that there's an eye of Sauron fixed staring at us right there. Probably the hairiest start I've ever had. Good game.

Ah I think I was there on that one! I was definitely the last one to realize what was happening lmao, don't have a ton of experience with those things. If one of you guys hadn't figured it out I would probably still be there fighting wave after wave of enemies to this day.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Yeah I've had a lot of crashes since the patch so hopefully this gets fixed.

Interesting, it's been way more stable for me, no problems in quite some time.

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

I just verified files and it redownloaded a couple of things so maybe check that if you're having stability issues?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Hwurmp posted:

Has anyone ever had a bug where you can't stay still at an objective terminal? I keep trying and failing the directional inputs because my movement hasn't been disabled. These feets just gotta dance :coolspot:

yes, and I want to say it was when I first launched my game with a controller plugged in, removing the controller fixed it

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I think this game has crashed every time I have tried to play a full mission since the latest patch.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I had some weird hitching on the loading screen post-patch but perfectly smooth sailing after that over four missions. Must be one of the lucky ones.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

JBP posted:

I had some weird hitching on the loading screen post-patch but perfectly smooth sailing after that over four missions. Must be one of the lucky ones.

im gonna check reddit for death threats and this should be a good litmus test

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Worf posted:

The biggest curse on Arrowhead now is that their game is being played by gamers.

The patch response has promoted some of the most unhinged rights of the gamer poo poo I've seen for a long time

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Worf posted:

JBP posted:

The biggest curse on Arrowhead now is that their game is being played by gamers.

The patch response has promoted some of the most unhinged rights of the gamer poo poo I've seen for a long time

yea i looked at about 25 posts and 1 person mentioned connectivity issues, 3 people were discussing various gameplay mechanics, and the rest were crying about how the game is too hard/things got nerfed/if you disagree that the game is now too hard youre a bad player

welcome to success, arrowhead

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

The Kingfish posted:

Did anyone else not get paid out for the major order?? Did we lose Heethe/Angel’s Venture at the last minute and then win them back?

E: or maybe just do not understand how this works?

Yeah I think when they changed the major order to Tien Kwan they didn't flag the old one as complete so it never paid out.

No idea if it's on their radar but maybe they'll get around to fixing it eventually?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Dont get me wrong im sad to miss out on medals but also the game is still so fun and honest to god even the pubbies ive played with have been remarkably chill. So im still having a blast.

Also i dont mind the patch.

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

Jerkface posted:

Heavy needs a lot more love cuz giving up the speed and stamina for some marginal amount of extra hits (which could be completed negated by a crit / headshot) is not worth losing the go fast boots.

It really bugs me how all the white armor sets are always heavy.

Just let me be a drat Stormtrooper. :argh:

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Yeah I think when they changed the major order to Tien Kwan they didn't flag the old one as complete so it never paid out.

No idea if it's on their radar but maybe they'll get around to fixing it eventually?

In their discord they have an announcement that it's being worked on.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

im kinda bummed to not get the medals tbh. not even bc i wanted the medals per se, just because if i helped defend those dumbshit planets multiple times i want the follow through

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Worf posted:

im kinda bummed to not get the medals tbh. not even bc i wanted the medals per se, just because if i helped defend those dumbshit planets multiple times i want the follow through

Understandable. I also may have far too much faith in the devs for little to no reason which makes me assume it'll be made right somehow

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Now's thr time to start wearing heavy armor boys so you feel like a God when they give it a bump.

Had alot less luck with the spear locking against the bots tonight as I was against the bugs, I think until the locking becomes more reliable I'll stick to the rr

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Heavy armour is currently garbage, they need to fix armour to make light armour not a default choice.

Turin Turambar posted:

Can any Helldivers 1 player explain how the mech and tanks worked?

Because in the last three pages there are several people mentioning how surely, with mechs and poo poo the game will be easier, and the higher difficulties won't be that hard with them. But... I doubt it works like that, that they are a straight upgrade to players powers, otherwise the game will turn into a mech game with all players always selecting one.
Surely they will have important tradeoffs in comparison with other options, like speed, being able to be hostigated by hordes until it falls into the ground, limited ammo, only 1 call, etc. From what we have seen of how these devs work and balance stuff in the game, I doubt is going to be that simple as four players with a mech each owning Titans easily.

People answered, but given the fragility of the mech suits they were often used solely for extractions to provide heavy damage output when you couldn't really kite anywhere else

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Does the dome shield protect against meteors? Might be worth taking in those situations maybe

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

You know that heavy armor getting boosted so become used to being a fat boy now

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF4CUZc17EM

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

flashman posted:

You know that heavy armor getting boosted so become used to being a fat boy now

Vs bots I can see it, vs bugs i dont know how it could be viable

e: just like zombie movies, you dont need to be the fastest, you just need to be faster than your friend :v:

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I've been spamming that yellow monstrosity against both and it actually feels pretty good now against bots (I assume the explosion resistance is the reason) but yeah against bugs you better not have to flee.

Are the two traits always paired? I have recoil reduction and explosive resist but I'd like throw distance / explosive resist for example

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

jokes posted:

So I want to have a red X when I hit a motherfucker right? That means I'm hitting a headshot/soft spot/etc?

Yeah, except for the orange/green flesh on chargers and barfing guys. Tbh i think they should change that so you only get red hitmarker if using explosive on those spots

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

bile titans only appear on 4 as objectives, but start randomly spawning at 5, right?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Retro42 posted:

Just ran into my first Charger Behemoth today and yeah.....they scary.

Charger what

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Ciaphas posted:

bile titans only appear on 4 as objectives, but start randomly spawning at 5, right?
If they spawn on 5s it's rare and only with a full group of 4. You certainly see a few on 6s.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Spudd posted:

Charger what

They are like normal chargers, but they have tan/grey extra bladed armor pieces in certain spots.

Honestly I don't really notice the difference but they are probably harder to kill.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I started my first ever trivial game so I could see the flag raising mission, and figured I'd check out the post-patch flamethrower at the same time.

I spawned, grabbed my flamer, immediately set myself on fire and died because I forgot I'd rebound my stim button. Didn't even see a bug. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Play posted:

They are like normal chargers, but they have tan/grey extra bladed armor pieces in certain spots.

Honestly I don't really notice the difference but they are probably harder to kill.

i deeply appreciate that there are fully armored chargers that are mechanically identical to the regular ones with less armor. it makes a large amount of sense