Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The time honored tradition of Making Your OCs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That's a fun way to incorporate folks, but I'm still gonna try and get total freaks of nature. I'll find out soon if they let you break faces or lock you to humanlike.

Have y'all ever played a game character creator that let you make yourself? I don't usually try or have a desire to play as myself but I've also just not seen one that let me make that specific of a person. DD was unusually good at capturing celebrities or specific characters from things, but it works because you have an image of these actors portraying different people or even other species, and they are more mentally caricatured.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I scanned my face in one of the NBA2K games...

Now I just click random a couple of times on everything and go.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

DLC Inc posted:

I only remember rooster teeth for a few things, mainly the bad RWBY show, one of their employees being depressed and becoming an alcoholic over his divorce and airing it out a lot, them making GBS threads on Jeff Gerstmann for daring to say Fallout 4 sucked while they all wore Fallout merch, and that unfunny Michael gently caress screaming at games.

I can’t believe the shambling corpse of Giant Bomb outlived Rooster Teeth and Mega64 is still doing stuff.

I do enjoy watching Funhaus, less so than 4- 5 years ago but they had a solid cast. I was happy to see some of them showing up on Dropout shows but that must have transferred the college humor curse.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
My phone autocorrect just added the little apostrophe to Pokémon. What a time to be alive

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

and they're doing a bunch of streamers as official pawns. I literally did not believe it when someone told me that Snuffy is an official pawn in DD2 lol
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1765880914247114991

I recognize max, snuffy, and limealicious, good for them

I only know a handful of these people, but I also only really watch streamers that have less than 150 viewers.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

got me and me pawn ready

very exciting

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Where the gently caress is my Jerma pawn?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/DB_official_en/status/1765935471971213816
Toriyama dead at 68.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Off to another dimension :(

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

this was a left hook

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

We can't even gather the Dragonballs to wish him back; they go inert when their creator dies :smith:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hate this

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, that sucks.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shinjobi posted:

this was a left hook

This really did come out of nowhere and it's loving me up

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This loving sucks. Between his work on db and dragon quest dude was pivotal in things I loved growing up

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Only 68, man he should have had another good couple of decades at least :smith:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm honestly surprised he was so young.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

god damnit

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

homeless snail posted:

as the games racism consultant I suggested several slurs they could use to refer to king shark. boy was my face red when they explained what my job actually was. needless to say I quit

Porch guppy

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Not even that he was still making new stuff, I swear I just saw a new game he did art for very recently.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Not even that he was still making new stuff, I swear I just saw a new game he did art for very recently.

Sandland, yeah. He was still working on Dragonball too, they actually announced a new series recently. Dude was still working his rear end off.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jerusalem posted:

Only 68, man he should have had another good couple of decades at least :smith:
"acute subdural hematoma", he probably took a bad fall and that's that. loving garbage

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And of course, Dragon Quest XII is still in development. Likely, his work had already been done on that, but a Dragon Quest without Toriyama is gonna be weird.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Good for him still being able to. More people have seen his work than most other artists in history. Part of that is just existing with more people who can ever see more art at once, but he's been making and informing stuff generations of people have been seeing and seeing stuff that it inspired, across different mediums. Sad he has passed but he has influenced so many people he will never be gone.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:( this is really heartbreaking. His work was really important to me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

And of course, Dragon Quest XII is still in development. Likely, his work had already been done on that, but a Dragon Quest without Toriyama is gonna be weird.

I honestly don't know what Dragon Quest is without Toriyama's designs. Like genuinely, it's one of those art styles so intimately tied to the project. For all that people joked about sameface and so-on, Toriyama was able to create some immensely distinctive designs and a lot of his copycats never quite hit the same mark.
+

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ImpAtom posted:

Sandland, yeah. He was still working on Dragonball too, they actually announced a new series recently. Dude was still working his rear end off.

The trailer I first saw for that... two?... years ago got me really hyped up to play it, and Dragon Quest XI with his art style/designs was loving amazing, yeah.

Oh poo poo I missed that a more recent trailer was posted in the thread earlier!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

I honestly don't know what Dragon Quest is without Toriyama's designs. Like genuinely, it's one of those art styles so intimately tied to the project. For all that people joked about sameface and so-on, Toriyama was able to create some immensely distinctive designs and a lot of his copycats never quite hit the same mark.
+

https://twitter.com/hamishsteele/status/1623436759215534080

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
toriyama was endlessly self-effacing and yet his career is full of moments where he went "let's do a silly little thing" and turned projects into cultural icons, all the way up to when he bailed out dragonball super by writing the first big villain as his pet cat

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I put this on and man, it's getting dusty in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HleU_FiQFa0

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

pretty easily the most i've cried over a public figure since pratchett's passing. guy was just a loving titan and influenced me growing up in innumerable ways

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

God Toriyama passing is loving me up so bad

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Propaganda Hour posted:

Where the gently caress is my Jerma pawn?

came to post this

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Goddammit, this sucks

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Well this sucks. What a legend. Rip

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Marx Headroom posted:

My phone autocorrect just added the little apostrophe to Pokémon. What a time to be alive

I‘ll have you know that's an acute accent :goonsay:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

That's just Mr. Popo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Feldegast42 posted:

That's just Mr. Popo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqPG2I1bT8E