Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Undead Unluck: Really liking this reveal of negator abilities being inherited will rather than being chosen by a capricious god. Especially because it’s taking place within the backdrop of the beast fight. Plenty of animals that surpass humans in speed and strength, but it’s the accumulated technology of previous generations that make humans the dominant species and Uma Beast is gonna learn that the hard way. The reveal kind of explains why Unluck can do things that Undead could never do - that Andy can’t form these connections because there aren’t any previous Undeads to tap into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Elite posted:

Undead Unluck: Really liking this reveal of negator abilities being inherited will rather than being chosen by a capricious god. Especially because it’s taking place within the backdrop of the beast fight. Plenty of animals that surpass humans in speed and strength, but it’s the accumulated technology of previous generations that make humans the dominant species and Uma Beast is gonna learn that the hard way. The reveal kind of explains why Unluck can do things that Undead could never do - that Andy can’t form these connections because there aren’t any previous Undeads to tap into.

I don’t know, it feels a little tacked on. So what was the connection between unavoidable and his previous owner? Also Andy did use soul attack already.

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 3, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

I don’t know, it feels a little tacked on. So what was the connection between unavoidable and his previous owner? Also Andy did use soul attack already.

There doesn't have to be a connection. Most of the time there isn't, they just choose someone who inherits their ideals. The reason she figured it out was because Unbreakable is, for whatever reason, the only one to pass down family lines, which means it can't be random. That was actually an open-ended question for a long time about the series so it's something they're finally addressing. As is the idea that souls and connections are one of the greatest sources of power that previously had gone untapped.

Andy had to have his soul ripped from his body and Unsick realizing the trick to even know he could do it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
One thing I'm confused by with this reveal is that if the past Unlucks are really who chose Fuuko to be the next one, and Sun had nothing to do with it, this is treated pretty positively for how much it ruined her life. It's been pretty consistent with Negator powers that they manifest exactly when it would hurt the person most, so I hope they clarify how this chosen one stuff works soon.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

panko posted:

show-ha shoten hitting hard with the enrique jokes

It’s such a good series.

Akane turn left nooooo

And it’s nice to have Ruri Dradon back. I thought it was charming

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

One thing I'm confused by with this reveal is that if the past Unlucks are really who chose Fuuko to be the next one, and Sun had nothing to do with it, this is treated pretty positively for how much it ruined her life. It's been pretty consistent with Negator powers that they manifest exactly when it would hurt the person most, so I hope they clarify how this chosen one stuff works soon.

My bet is is that we have it backwards. A negator manifesting doesn't cause a tragedy, God inflicts a tragedy on a Negator when they manifest. We kind of already got an example of that with Unknown.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Akane no! Your body can't handle this level of rakugo power!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Justin_Brett posted:

All the past Unlucks when they realize Fuuko got Unluck at the worst possible time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wol70cBLNd8

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Sindai posted:

Akane no! Your body can't handle this level of rakugo power!

panko posted:

akane… you’re too lost in the sauce… pull up

No, go deeper :sludgepal:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She just needs to avoid Akane 2099

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

muscles like this! posted:

She just needs to avoid Akane 2099

I dunno, the Death's Head-themed ragokuka outfit is pretty rad.

Red Cat Ramen: the mangaka took a break due to developing tendinitis :( Considering how many chapters they were putting out a week at one point, it's not that shocking, but I hope they feel better soon (and take more than a week off)

Kill Blue: hmm, potential status change incoming? This is already the most interesting the series has been in a while (which I felt has been dragging lately)

Green Green Greens: Really smart on the MC's part: working with what they can do and turning it into strategy

Shadow Eliminators: man, having this many new characters already feels like they hit the panic button and are trying to get things going

Mamayuyu: welp, so three, four chapters left?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

amigolupus posted:

Dear Anemone got boring real fast. The inhuman plant lady quickly developed some sort of conscience, which I find takes the tension out of the hostage situation she put the others in. It's hard not to compare this to Fabricant 100, which stuck to its guns by having its own monster-lady stick to having an inhuman logic.

My read was that She's just curious at his motivations but didn't actively lend a hand even when underwater. I'd like to see more of these two because I get the feeling that the dynamic will be more like in Parasyte.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Brought To You By posted:

My read was that She's just curious at his motivations but didn't actively lend a hand even when underwater. I'd like to see more of these two because I get the feeling that the dynamic will be more like in Parasyte.

Yes, he was unconsciously manipulating the tendrils/roots within his body. Anemone was utterly confused by how he was doing it, and now thinks he isn't a regular human.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Ruri dragon back and I didn't know how much I missed it.

Blue box is great, really enjoying the suspense of the match. Pretty great week overall.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I know this is a stupid-rear end question but is World Trigger still in the training mode/zones/arcs?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pierson posted:

I know this is a stupid-rear end question but is World Trigger still in the training mode/zones/arcs?

Yes.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

thermae romae novae stays wonderful

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pierson posted:

The grind never stops

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
They're playing around with trion soldiers right now and there's some fun strats and weird creations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
make the Exorcist fall in love: It's never a good sign when the main character starts agreeing with the villains.

Heart Gear: Alright, time for some answers and hopefully a new body for Sensei.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

loving lmao the robot in psychic policeman chojo literally being funded by people who don't like him.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 6, 2024

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Skeleton Double: Beginning of the chapter had the main antagonist forgetting the the MC existed. By the end he might not know it, but he's regretting killing Arakawa's father and all these civilians.

PaleIrishGuy
Feb 5, 2004
Pale as paper

ImpAtom posted:

There doesn't have to be a connection. Most of the time there isn't, they just choose someone who inherits their ideals. The reason she figured it out was because Unbreakable is, for whatever reason, the only one to pass down family lines, which means it can't be random. That was actually an open-ended question for a long time about the series so it's something they're finally addressing. As is the idea that souls and connections are one of the greatest sources of power that previously had gone untapped.

Andy had to have his soul ripped from his body and Unsick realizing the trick to even know he could do it.

The inescapable conclusion is that Unburn's predecessor hated ramen or cooked food in general.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/DB_official_en/status/1765935471971213816

Akira Toriyama has passed away.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
68? loving blower

him and miura both way too young to leave this world

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat, that's terrible.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Thought it would have been the smoking to get him and not a head injury. Dude is probably the most influential manga author since Tezuka, I'm amazed that it was able to be kept a private matter for so long. RIP to a great one.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Dude is probably the most influential manga author since Tezuka, I'm amazed that it was able to be kept a private matter for so long.
japan seems to be very good about keeping a lid on these matters wrt public figures e.g. miura died on may 6 but it was not publicly disclosed until may 20

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

He just recently finished Desert Land too. gently caress this was abrupt. 😞

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Darth TNT posted:

New manga on mangaplus that actually looks pretty promising. World of SKK girls.

Getting incredibly bad vibes from this. Extremely suspicious that the loli girls go into a bookstore 18+ section by chapter 2, and the admittedly cool monster art and use of color doesn't really offset the weird feeling the manga is giving off.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

CodfishCartographer posted:

Getting incredibly bad vibes from this. Extremely suspicious that the loli girls go into a bookstore 18+ section by chapter 2, and the admittedly cool monster art and use of color doesn't really offset the weird feeling the manga is giving off.

Yeah, same. It’s really walking on that line. The use of color this chapter and the monsters are cool enough that I’ll stick around for now. But the characters are…ehh.

I have no idea where set it and forget is going. But for now I’m not going to forget about it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tsubame continues to be the manga I had an immediate bad pre-impression of but has since managed to completely win me over.
Feel like there hasnt been a wasted chapter so far and theres been no waffling on what it wants to say

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Mikane and the Sea Woman: I am now praying that this romance obsessed weirdo doesn't get horribly murdered.he most definitely will Octopus really grew on me and even he can smell that love triangle tension a mile away.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
That merman (?) is a complete moron and I love him so much. :allears:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
UU

Kind of shame it looks like all animals are going to die because of Beast's defeat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

UU

Kind of shame it looks like all animals are going to die because of Beast's defeat.

I'm pretty sure Master Rule effects persist even if you kill them

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RareAcumen posted:

I'm pretty sure Master Rule effects persist even if you kill them

You sure cause all the animals are turning into skeletons in the final page.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Those were aspects of Beast. They had part of its soul.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Roboco: was hilarious this week. I love these dumb contests and I love Motsuo and Gorilla.

Undead: hey, this is interesting!

Sakamoto: :tviv:
I didn’t expect Shin to go hard like this. I wonder if his ESP is evolving to be able to give commands.

Witch watch: was cute

Nue: was very Nue.

Ruri dragon was adorable. Such a wholesome chapter. I remember when it started I figured it might fill the magu Chan shaped hole in my heart and this chapter helped me remember that.

Kagurabachi: I honestly have no idea what’s happening but it looks cool. I look forward to Shiba fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sakamoto giving me the kind fights I love. The back and forth has been so good.