Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

a sexual elk posted:

https://x.com/Variety/status/1765437380368982223?s=20

I still need to watch Homicide, currently rewatching Wire again

Man I absolutely love the Wire but I don’t know I need that heat turned on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

I don't get the context, is this a back-handed compliment or something?

saintonan posted:

If it's anything like Korean, once you string together a few sentences they hit you with "ooh, your Korean is so good!" even if it isn't, just because they don't expect white people to speak a word of it.

yeah that. there's a U-shaped curve where Japanese people will say that to you, and one end is "string three words together" while the other is "discuss Japanese politics in detail in a local dialect," it's like if you're functional but a little stuttery (hi!) you get treated worse than tourists who can ask for the toilet. It's also an incredibly common occurrence for foreigners living here.

Intruder posted:

I hope Jake Paul lands one massive shot on Tyson that makes Mike forget it's an exhibition

god willing

Kalli posted:

My favorite moment was getting the cluster bomb airstrike and immediately killing the rest of my team with it along with maybe 4 small bugs.

"I'm doing my part!" dot gif

I was watching friends play through our private Discord yesterday and dropping Sonic rings sounds when somebody got merked, was good fun. I need to try and pick it up for PS5 soon.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Man I absolutely love the Wire but I don’t know I need that heat turned on me

I've never watched The Wire but yeah, kind of same. There's a lot to unpack in child welfare that would make a solid show so we'll see.

In general though I'd do a lot for a show about social work in general. I've been watching ER and Grey's Anatomy and they have doctors/nurses doing a bunch that would actually get pushed on the hospital social workers. ER isn't as bad a GA about it but still, it's a little annoying.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

a sexual elk posted:

https://x.com/Variety/status/1765437380368982223?s=20

I still need to watch Homicide, currently rewatching Wire again

Homicide is incredible, easily my favorite show of all time, between the cast, the writing and the direction. Even the seventh season, which is pretty much universally regarded as the worst, was still miles ahead of anything on network television at that time.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I’m gonna make everyone itt very mad by pointing out that Biden is probably going to say something nice about Mitch tonight

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

harperdc posted:

yeah that. there's a U-shaped curve where Japanese people will say that to you, and one end is "string three words together" while the other is "discuss Japanese politics in detail in a local dialect,.

This is every language.

There was a French chef on that ski trip I just took to Coppet and one night I sat next to him at some lovely Mexican place and started a conversation in French. I studied it for fifteen years and went abroad to Paris in college.

He unloaded back at me after a couple sentences. I hadn’t heard someone with a Parisian in fifteen years and couldn’t understand anything.

I was able to focus and get out in tortured French “I am sorry. I am on mushrooms. I will talk to you in French on the next day of this week, if you please.”

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/tomrahme9/status/1765240449474678812

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Avatar coming back. Kinda like a boomerang.

We do lunch and a movie with the kiddo on Saturdays and are watching through Korra right now, after having watched all of Avatar. I don't know if I'd call the original Avatar one of the most well written shows of all time but I'd say as an adult it was still entertaining. I think my favorite episode is the one with the play that basically acts as a clip show explaining everything that happened in the series.

Uncle Iro is the best character in the series. Just a fat lazy guy trying to live his best life.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

In the offseason, Thursday nights become a movie night for me and I picked Beverly Hills Cop. I have never watched this movie before, but apparently somehow I had seen the scene with Judge Reinhold telling his partner "Says here that the average 50-year old male has over 5 pounds of undigested red meat in their intestines."

Just that scene. First, how in the hell did I manage to only see that one little snippet of this? Secondly, why, brain? Why did you deem that so important?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
If you limit the field to "cartoons explicitly written for children" it's either The Last Airbender or Batman The Animated Series for "best written."

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
avatar managed to make a complete filler episode (the play episode) one of the best in the series, incredible stuff

toph's joy at being portrayed by a large brawny man :allears:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Quiet Feet posted:

Avatar coming back. Kinda like a boomerang.

We do lunch and a movie with the kiddo on Saturdays and are watching through Korra right now, after having watched all of Avatar. I don't know if I'd call the original Avatar one of the most well written shows of all time but I'd say as an adult it was still entertaining. I think my favorite episode is the one with the play that basically acts as a clip show explaining everything that happened in the series.

Uncle Iro is the best character in the series. Just a fat lazy guy trying to live his best life.

I just recently watched the OG for the first time. Followed up watching Korra with the gf, and we're watching the live action now. The Avatar series is really good.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
gently caress

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1765939814493515879

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

My irrationally irritating thing about this is if they do Dune Messiah then this is proven true.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Intruder posted:

avatar managed to make a complete filler episode (the play episode) one of the best in the series, incredible stuff

toph's joy at being portrayed by a large brawny man :allears:

The only reason Toph isn't the best character is because Iroh exists

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy poo poo. Was his health failing or anything? So sad.

e:
Subdural hematoma :(

https://twitter.com/DB_official_en/status/1765935471971213816

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 8, 2024

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

No Man's Sky is a survival crafting game that lied to me I hate that game :mad:

Never played it but I just heard this morning that 65daysofstatic did the soundtrack. I used to listen to them in college but thought they broke up like 15 years ago. Soundtrack sounds pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS1yWpVlRlc

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Oh wow, it feels like the end of an era. He was a lot younger than I expected too for some reason.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Noooo

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

this GOP response to SOTU is like whatever script they could write up to stoke fear up to 11

also this lady has a weird default facial expression where she is like doing a forced smile as she talks about angry topics or inflects her voice like she’s about to cry

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

She’s like a high school student trying her first monologue

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
This is like a FMV dispatch from NOD in a Command & Conquer game

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

No Butt Stuff posted:

She’s like a high school student trying her first monologue

lmao i went to wikipedia and saw this and twitter saw it too, linking

https://x.com/carder613/status/1765952148351955050?s=46

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
There's never been a good response to the State of the Union by the opposition party regardless of who was in power at the time.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Tom Daschle did a pretty good job in the early 2000's. Harry Reid also was pretty strong.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think Joe Kennedy III gave one for the Dems once and came off really weird

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, he was very moist if I recall. Disturbingly damp

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1765945417659765076

I'm still not voting for Biden in the primary (or probably the general since I live in NY so it doesn't matter), but this is legitimately funny

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Mike Johnson was surprisingly able to act like an adult, but I'm curious if he was one of those guys who thought the Colbert Report was not satire, and that's why he based his entire look on that character.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Oh wow, it feels like the end of an era. He was a lot younger than I expected too for some reason.

Yeah given how long dragon ball has been around and his dr slump stuff I thought he was like 20 years older

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Leperflesh posted:

I will probably get back to it and finish it. But man. If I have less than an hour free to game I'm not even starting it up, it just feels like a big commitment cognitively and time-wise each time.
That’s how I feel about most games nowadays. I need games that I can pick up and get twenty-to-forty minutes of joy.

A MOBA match or a shrine in Zelda or something.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

That’s how I feel about most games nowadays. I need games that I can pick up and get twenty-to-forty minutes of joy.

Hades scratches that itch for me to wind it out and absolutely annihilate some wretches to try and beat my speed record (14:48 btw) but I’ve basically uncovered everything and there isn’t much mystery left.

It’s so episodic that it’s easy to pick up and blast, then walk away. Same with Gran Turismo 7 where I can just hop in a lime green SW20 and turn over some easy laps at Laguna Seca or something.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I go to this sauna every Friday that you book for an hour and it has TVs in it with Netflix and whatever else. Without fail someone leaves their account logged in. I guess I can’t really do anything with it through the TV but it’s still surprising.

Also lol this rear end in a top hat who didn’t pay for ad free

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

LeeMajors posted:

Hades scratches that itch for me to wind it out and absolutely annihilate some wretches to try and beat my speed record (14:48 btw) but I’ve basically uncovered everything and there isn’t much mystery left.

Yeah, Hades is fantastic for “ahh hell, lemme try something new with the shield for once with no heat” playing. I’ve recently put down Slay the Spire after getting to A20 on everyone except the Watcher, who will be stuck at A19 because Balatro has sunk its aces into me. It’s another cardbased rogue like, but you develop your deck of playing cards by powering up poker hands. Instead of the usual breaking of the difficulty curve by smoking your enemies quickly, it’s generating a big number based on what hand you play, what’s left in your available cards and the jokers you’ve picked up. The hardest part is getting out of playing a four of a kind because it’s a better poker hand than a flush, but you’ve geared your entire deck around getting extra points for clubs played and in your hand.

gently caress I’m gonna go play it now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I can beat the hell out of everything on slay the spire with everyone except the watcher. The watcher I can cruise through everything but get wrecked by the heart every time. I just cannot find the right groove with that one to beat the heart.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Yall should try Roguebook, it was free on PS+ recently, not sure if it still is. Has a Slay the Spyre format + board game feel

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Balatro is very very good as well in this same genre.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Speaking of games, Warner Bros is going to delist all of the adult swim games from steam / other over the next two months.

Which most likely is a lead up to them dissolving Adult Swim.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

My daughter will be real sad if they do that. She wants to work for Adult Swim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Old roommate in Toronto worked for them at one point. Wonder if he’s still there!