Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i'm sick of goons maligning Kramer

lobster_shirt_avatar.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

lobster_shirt_avatar.png

Michael Richards is the ACTOR who played Cosmo Kramer on television. He is not Kramer.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kramering into the Laugh Factory just to stir poo poo

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Kramer once had a significant and meaningful conversation from Paul Reiser's character from Mad About You (apparently Paul used to live in Kramer's apartment).

My point is that if being weird and scatterbrained but generally decent to random strangers is banworthy behavior, I may be in trouble.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

docbeard posted:

Kramer once had a significant and meaningful conversation from Paul Reiser's character from Mad About You (apparently Paul used to live in Kramer's apartment).

yep, thats why seinfeld is in the snowglobe

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

cosmo

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
Kramer consistently was the least awful person of the 4, and I’m saying that as a series fan etc like. Jerry and Elaine are just awful people. George has his moments (like his concern over a security guard’s seating situation)

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm sick and tired of all these calm hitlers kramering into the wendy's drive thru!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

kramer is win

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

kramer is win

THANK. YOU.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Calm kramer

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Seriously though much love to masterpiece TV show "Seinfeld" even if Jerry IRL is a fedora ephebophile, Kramer IRL is leader of the Aryan Union, and Larry David did a crypto commercial

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Larry was on Curb :redass:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Jason Alexander played a big brain alien on Star trek and that's cool

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Larry was on Curb :redass:

he was involved in seinfield in some wat

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

loquacius posted:

Seriously though much love to masterpiece TV show "Seinfeld" even if Jerry IRL is a fedora ephebophile, Kramer IRL is leader of the Aryan Union, and Larry David did a crypto commercial

Id do a crypto commercial, gotta get that bag

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Jason Alexander played a big brain alien on Star trek and that's cool

Yeah Jason and Julia are perfect angels and were also brilliant on the show, no disrespect to them

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Megamissen posted:

oh yeah i remember that

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

Yeah Jason and Julia are perfect angels and were also brilliant on the show, no disrespect to them

ahh, a big fan of the Louis Dreyfus Company I see

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Jason Alexander also voiced a star trek character on Star Trek Prodigy, which is a good show

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

jerry seinfeld is a pedophile and a zionist.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Hatebag posted:

thats a popular character build

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Hatebag posted:

he also wrote, produced, and starred in Bee Movie

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

mags posted:

Kramer consistently was the least awful person of the 4, and I’m saying that as a series fan etc like. Jerry and Elaine are just awful people. George has his moments (like his concern over a security guard’s seating situation)

this is an accurate read on the characters

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Megamissen posted:

he was a writer/producer for most of the show and he's in it a bunch including a lot of voices (primarily yelling). he was newman in the episode where newman is introduced threatening to jump off the apartment building yelling at kramer from the roof. and recurring character george steinbrenner

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Megamissen posted:

thats a popular character build

there does seem to be some synergy there

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hatebag posted:

he was a writer/producer for most of the show and he's in it a bunch including a lot of voices (primarily yelling). he was newman in the episode where newman is introduced threatening to jump off the apartment building yelling at kramer from the roof. and recurring character george steinbrenner

yeah he was co-creator of the show and George is based on him

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

George was great as the titular Duck Man. not bad for a short stocky bald man.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Hatebag posted:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Respect to Jason Alexander for being the kind of actor who will take literally any role if you offer it to him.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Srice posted:

Respect to Jason Alexander for being the kind of actor who will take literally any role if you offer it to him.

Gotta wonder how much of it was just being desperate to find some sort of post-Seinfeld relevance, he never really managed it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
When my gas station man remodeled his gas station I was so excited for him: he would have enough space behind the counter to have a chair. I asked him about his chair plans and he didn't have any. I was insistant to the owner guy that a chair is necessary for his gas station crew's quality of life. Stop making them sit on milk crates!

They have a chair now. I learned all that from George Cantstandya

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

here is a clip of classically trained singer and dancer Jason Alexander performing with the Boston Pops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bux2wzhVPUw

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

loquacius posted:

Gotta wonder how much of it was just being desperate to find some sort of post-Seinfeld relevance, he never really managed it

Yea definitely. It's a shame he never got that since he's pretty great when given good material.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

loquacius posted:

idk, didn't he get millions and millions of dollars for seinfeld? he might just not want to work regularly and just does it on a lark

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Srice posted:

Yup,

As goofy as he looked in that episode he did make a pretty good serial killer in criminal minds (show still sucks though)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

mags posted:

Yup. Kramer ftw and not just because he is racist like me

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Hatebag posted:

idk, didn't he get millions and millions of dollars for seinfeld? he might just not want to work regularly and just does it on a lark

He def wanted something for himself post-Seinfeld, him and Julia both tried a bunch of different TV shows (I remember one where he was a motivational speaker I think??)

But you're absolutely right that he probably, probably gets enough money from his initial Seinfeld run + residuals that he probably only needs to do stuff on a regular schedule to keep his SAG insurance

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hatebag posted:

He's done tons of work (most of which I didn't know about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Alexander#Filmography) but none of it really found mainstream success

He voiced Catbert on the Dilbert cartoon, and he was main actor / EP on a few other shows that didn't make it past season 1 (including Listen Up, Bob Patterson, Clipaholics, and Hit The Road), none of which I'd heard of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I also remember the motivational speaker one but I couldn't find it on his Wikipedia filmography for some reason