Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Relyssa posted:

I still highly dispute Pig being "mega buffed" with these changes. They help, sure, but it's not going to rocket her up the tier lists or anything. Semi-basekit combat straps and medical file were extremely necessary since the former was basically required to make the crouch not take an eternity. Ambush changes are good but not huge. She's still very susceptible to pre-dropped pallets, and with the box aura removal a lot of the really degenerate playstyles are nowhere near as easy to pull off.

I may be biased as a diehard Amanda lover but these are all solid changes at best. Looking forward to it.

On one hand, as previously discussed in the thread, I can see how they'd think the stealth changes would be a really big buff for low-rank Pigs without a corresponding nerf. You know, the ranks where no one really understands how reverse bear traps work in the first place.

On the other hand, I can see this change both being a bigger nerf to high-rank Pigs than they thought and low-rank survivors playing against Pig not realizing there was a nerf in the first place. If I'm right about that, they'd be making her feel worse in high-level play while making her not feel that much better in low tiers despite her kill rates going down. So reverting some of the nerfs is probably for the best?

(I mean, the stealth buffs are great either way, but they're kind of just bringing her up to the baseline you want stealth killers to be at. If her traps don't feel good too, why aren't you playing any of the other stealth killers?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Lurks With Wolves posted:

On one hand, as previously discussed in the thread, I can see how they'd think the stealth changes would be a really big buff for low-rank Pigs without a corresponding nerf. You know, the ranks where no one really understands how reverse bear traps work in the first place.

On the other hand, I can see this change both being a bigger nerf to high-rank Pigs than they thought and low-rank survivors playing against Pig not realizing there was a nerf in the first place. If I'm right about that, they'd be making her feel worse in high-level play while making her not feel that much better in low tiers despite her kill rates going down. So reverting some of the nerfs is probably for the best?

Yeah, traps really only actually go off against clueless newbies who have no idea what they need to do, or if the pig has a degenerate scream/interrupt build and she dedicates the whole match to ensuring at least one person has a bad time. Honestly the fact they haven't made it so it retains search progress when you get interrupted is still baffling to me.

She will feel a lot better to play but still suffer the same main drawbacks, namely no real chase power (ambush is not a chase power and never has been, at best you use it to mindgame loops) and the usual M1 killer problems. Compare to Huntress and Billy who actually got turbobuffed and it's not even a fair comparison.

Relyssa posted:

edit # i've lost track: is the self healing speed still capped at 100%? i'm wondering if bringing strength in shadows + botany knowledge is worthwhile or if you could get away with just the former. I currently run self care + botany because I exclusively solo queue on survivor and can't trust my idiot teammates to do poo poo

Google searches tell me this might not be a thing at all, am I just a complete dumdum? What's the cap on self-healing, and is it different from healing others? What would SiS+BK get you in terms of actual speed?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I don't think there's a hard cap on healing speeds. People lobbied for it prior to the medkit nerfs because green kits were insane at the time, but nothing was ever instituted.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

rydiafan posted:

I don't think there's a hard cap on healing speeds. People lobbied for it prior to the medkit nerfs because green kits were insane at the time, but nothing was ever instituted.

Huh. I could've sworn there was one. This warrants experimentation then.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Relyssa posted:

Honestly the fact they haven't made it so it retains search progress when you get interrupted is still baffling to me.

I'm of the opinion that screaming shouldn't interrupt killer actions to begin with. Pinhead box, Victor crush, Pig searches, cleansing various infections, etc. Sure ping the location but make the killer actually go the hell over there to do something about it. Scream-inducing perks are getting more and more common (Knight, Merchant, Alien, and Chucky all added a scream perk) and all but like one of the killers added in the past 2 years have "fiddle with a prop" mechanics.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

curiousTerminal posted:

I'm of the opinion that screaming shouldn't interrupt killer actions to begin with. Pinhead box, Victor crush, Pig searches, cleansing various infections, etc. Sure ping the location but make the killer actually go the hell over there to do something about it. Scream-inducing perks are getting more and more common (Knight, Merchant, Alien, and Chucky all added a scream perk) and all but like one of the killers added in the past 2 years have "fiddle with a prop" mechanics.

I can get behind this. It's too easy to just repeatedly make a survivor scream and gently caress up whatever they're doing. Make screaming purely be a location indicator and nothing else.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

I'm fine with it interrupting heals and gens and stuff, but when it can interrupt something fundamental to countering the killer at a base level I start having a problem with it.

Also it is insane that the huntress buffs are going to live. Huntress can now 4man slug a whole team without reloading with a single addon. Just give the bitch a cross hair if new players need the help hitting ratchets for fucks sake.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

curiousTerminal posted:

Also it is insane that the huntress buffs are going to live. Huntress can now 4man slug a whole team without reloading with a single addon. Just give the bitch a cross hair if new players need the help hitting ratchets for fucks sake.

Yeah, seriously. She can have up to TEN goddamn hatchets if she stacks the +hatchet addons. That's absurd.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Give trickster a hundred knives you cowards!

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I'm gonna be real, the runspeed was the only thing i was concerned about and I don't really think Huntress's changes are that big a deal. Do I think they were necessary? Not really. But I think the windup will make her a lot easier to use for newbies and she had 8 hatchets with addons before, which isn't much less than 10. lovely huntresses are still gonna play in lovely ways and goated huntresses are still gonna be goated whether they have 2 extra gunshots to do it with or not.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I just played on a Lery's and both basement locations spawned. Killer used a shack basement offering, so maybe that glitched it out?

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

rydiafan posted:

I just played on a Lery's and both basement locations spawned. Killer used a shack basement offering, so maybe that glitched it out?

Lmao I've never once seen that. Sable fans rejoicing

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Lery's has had the double basement bug for a month or more at this point. It even shows up in SpookyLoopz most recent video.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

I'm gonna be real, the runspeed was the only thing i was concerned about and I don't really think Huntress's changes are that big a deal. Do I think they were necessary? Not really. But I think the windup will make her a lot easier to use for newbies and she had 8 hatchets with addons before, which isn't much less than 10. lovely huntresses are still gonna play in lovely ways and goated huntresses are still gonna be goated whether they have 2 extra gunshots to do it with or not.

The buffs are just so unnecessary. She was in a perfectly good place before them and there are so many other killers who need some help before even considering this one.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Actually making Huntress S-tier instead of A-tier is a long-standing injustice and furthermore...

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

If it makes more people play Huntress then that's a win. For me, I mean. The sicko who loves playing against Huntress.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

If it makes more people play Huntress then that's a win. For me, I mean. The sicko who loves playing against Huntress.

I like playing against huntress as long as she's not running iri head. Insta down is not particularly enjoyable. Every other variant is fine by me.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

jfc two flash bang users, one flashbang + head-on user, flashlights, the works

lightborn is never leaving my perk loadout ever again

oh and two Gideon map offerings because why not. all in the same match

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 8, 2024

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Flashbangs don't seem to actually be counterable if they also have Background Player (that nonsense will make you so fast you can run in from a mile off and drop it as soon as the killer starts a pickup), so of course everyone is running that now

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Flashbangs don't seem to actually be counterable if they also have Background Player (that nonsense will make you so fast you can run in from a mile off and drop it as soon as the killer starts a pickup), so of course everyone is running that now

Background Player is absurd. Pallet saves are completely free regardless of where the rescuer is.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

this jackass waited at the gate to flashbang me on the way out while their friends tbagged furiously all around them

i got 2 hooks and zero kills it could not have been any easier for them

what the gently caress is wrong with this community

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Relyssa posted:

this jackass waited at the gate to flashbang me on the way out while their friends tbagged furiously all around them

And yet, they tell me my wrath is wrong

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Dragon Ball: The Breakers is on sale 50% off (Steam). Might have to do with Akira Toriyama. RIP

temple fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 8, 2024

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'd say it's worth giving a try at that price. It's alot of fun even if it's really unbalanced.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Relyssa posted:

jfc two flash bang users, one flashbang + head-on user, flashlights, the works

lightborn is never leaving my perk loadout ever again

oh and two Gideon map offerings because why not. all in the same match

Other day I had one of those "badham basement in shack" games where everyone had background player, flashbang, boil over and one person had exponential, one had no mither, two had UB. Two flashlights and two toolboxes.

After the fifth time I downed someone and did not hook them I just DC'd because they weren't doing gens and I wasn't going to waste an hour slugging them 10 seconds at a time.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

curiousTerminal posted:

Other day I had one of those "badham basement in shack" games where everyone had background player, flashbang, boil over and one person had exponential, one had no mither, two had UB. Two flashlights and two toolboxes.

After the fifth time I downed someone and did not hook them I just DC'd because they weren't doing gens and I wasn't going to waste an hour slugging them 10 seconds at a time.

oh god badham shack games are absolutely miserable

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

I had a match last night where I played nice and got everyone on death-hook with one gen left. Then got hit with Decisive Strike (Is it really tunneling after 8 hooks?) then For The People + MFT, and finally Adrenaline. It was the perfect storm of second-chances and I wound up with 0 kills.

They were gracious about it. No tea-bagging or anything.

Still, negating four consecutive downs seemed unfair at the time.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Relyssa posted:

The cruelty is the point.

More specifically, they're not bragging because they had a hard time. They're bragging that they had an easy one. It's the same as "ez u suck". I see way more teabags when the killer was a baby who had a rough time than I do against killers who are much higher skilled. I get way more teabags on the killers I suck at than the ones I don't.

There are dozens of "LOOPING TOXIC KILLERS UNTIL THEY DC" compilations on Youtube/Tiktok/whatever. (They like to omit the part where they ragequit when the game isn't 'fun', AKA not enough of a clean sweep for them, so their MMR tanks some more until they get someone with a significant enough skill discrepancy to style upon.) You can see it in the way they talk about it: if they're seeing you as a person at all at that point, they're seeing you as an avatar of every Bubba who has ever facecamped them while nodding in the basement. You are not a human being to them - you are an amalgam of every bad game they've ever had. You're toxic, and you deserve everything, because to them, you threw the first stone by playing killer.

So it's not really about you, for what it's worth. It's about them and either enjoying being cruel to others on the internet for no good reason, or tricking themselves into thinking you deserve it for daring to play the power role in an asym.

The community is full of these people who enjoy being assholes to others and until they put in more concrete anti-toxicity measures (anti-tunneling, letting the killer end the game when gates are open and all survivors are off hook, letting survivors voluntarily concede when all are slugged and none have active perks that let you get up, making it so you can't spam teabags similar to flashlights, "Avoid matching with this player again", etc) it will keep happening.

For what it's worth, I really am sorry you had to deal with that. It's this kind of poo poo that makes me reluctant to touch Killer anymore.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Really they should just make the area from gate switch to exit some kind of hazard where you can't just sit on the finish line, if you want to stay in the game for whatever reason you have to risk doing it where the killer can theoretically still get you. But if they haven't done it by now I just assume allowing the assholery is the point

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

For what it's worth, I really am sorry you had to deal with that. It's this kind of poo poo that makes me reluctant to touch Killer anymore.

I will probably forever play an equal amount of both sides to keep perspective in mind if nothing else but yeah it really sucks

I don't tunnel I don't slug I don't camp I don't hit on hook unless it's a survivor with a really obnoxious scream and only then to cut it off

I just want to have a good time in this stupid game and there's nothing else like it out there that I can turn to instead

I am still excited to play the absolute poo poo out of sable and I want to get better at artist so I guess I'm not going anywhere anytime soon

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 9, 2024

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
My night started out decent, and the later it went the more the killers were just straight up assholes. I am shocked at this new and unheard of situation.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

It should be illegal for a high prestige nurse to bring people to midwich

like, if you try to do it, you lose control of your mouse, and the game forcibly deselects it and puts on a map offering for the artist's map instead

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Comfortador posted:

My night started out decent, and the later it went the more the killers were just straight up assholes. I am shocked at this new and unheard of situation.

Yeah my friends and I usually start out the night with a few consecutive Discord-streamed "get the dailies done" games as a warmup, then move into a 2 or 3 man SWF (rarely a 4man, and those are so fun because all of us have our Bad Perks we love and being in a 4man lets us actually use them effectively for once), and then play for an hour and a half, two hours or so, the move into "parallel play" killer games. We've got a Billy Main (who recently hit P91!), a Xeno Main, and me, who fancies myself a Wraith main but really plays a little bit of half the killer roster.

Last night we did the dailies, had poo poo games, did the SWF for half the time because it was all tunnels or Full Meta S/A tier killers, did one more game for an archive each and then hosed off to do other things for the night. We didn't play today.
I think we're all just kinda. Tired rn? We're in the week leading up to a new chapter and seemingly a third of our games have someone sweating their asses off to get the 4k at all costs, and I'm just in it for blast mine screenshots.
My Mikaela main rear end is excited for the cosmetic I'm getting on the Blood Moon event, I'm hella excited for Sable, Unknown is neat and seems like he's gonna be one of those killers who can Deal at a base understanding but will shine on the thousand hour mains, the various killer buffs upcoming seem either healthy or fun and I'm excited for those as well. But all of this excitement for the 12th means that until then I'm just. Bored. And I'm gonna do something else. The 4x rift thing and the tome shard rebalance also means that we're only halfway through the rift and I'm already done. I hit the deep rift last night. That's good for the FOMO of it all, I'm all for changes that make it less required to play every day, but also as one of those hopelessly addicted shitheads I've been given zero reason to do anything outside of updates if I'm feeling "bluh" on the game.

Ask me about my 3 vs 4man SWF builds because The amount of effort that goes into the blast mine screenshot is roughly 400% higher when I know I can get away with throwing for it.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Yeah I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having extremely weird and bad survivor games. It feels like everyone decent lost their will to play after the 4x shards thing wore off or something? Very "why am I playing this" after getting tunneled to poo poo or left on hook with Kindred for the fifth time.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

My group had 5 or 6 people on discord every night. We would have a 4-player swf and a couple killer games going concurrently and rotate people between them. We used to do fun builds and laugh and have a good time.

Now I'm the only one still playing, and I do it fairly mechanically and detached while we all just watch wrestling instead.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm tellin y'all, take a break for a bit and it'll be refreshing. I haven't played since the Halloween event other than a few matches when Chucky dropped and it's been so peaceful when I'm gaming lately heh.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Had a funny game where I was trying to knock off one of the Obsession archives, so I did a Rancor Roulette build on Freddy (Lethal/Rancor/Friends Till The End/No Way Out). The team ended up being four people running No Mither. Ended up a 1K since they *also* brought Brand New Parts and Freddy sucks rear end, but I ran down the Obsession right after the gates popped and took them out first, archive finished

Chat: lol No Mither too OP

I mean yeah, it does kind of hose someone bringing two Exposed perks :v:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DeathChicken posted:

Had a funny game where I was trying to knock off one of the Obsession archives, so I did a Rancor Roulette build on Freddy (Lethal/Rancor/Friends Till The End/No Way Out). The team ended up being four people running No Mither. Ended up a 1K since they *also* brought Brand New Parts and Freddy sucks rear end, but I ran down the Obsession right after the gates popped and took them out first, archive finished

Chat: lol No Mither too OP

I mean yeah, it does kind of hose someone bringing two Exposed perks :v:

And that was likely a 4 man SWF so of course they're gonna trash Freddy.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

My recent favorites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I am very much enjoying vigil + sprint burst lately. All zoomies all the time, and killers get really mad when they barely miss an exposed window because it was shorter than they expected it to be.