Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

First of May posted:

Change the tax rate on stock sales to whatever it would be as if your income was equal to your wealth. Have 10 billion in stock value? Your tax rate on selling stock is 75%, or whatever.

Short term (held less than a year) it is taxed as normal income.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

kazil posted:

also thread needs a title update
gently caress me that's a good acronym

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Cute but naming a rule after him enshrines his memory there. Hell be thrilled.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

redshirt posted:

Ya think Trump has ever pumped gas?

Projection, always.

He shits his pants daily.

Oh you said "pump gas" not "dump rear end" my apologies

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

nine-gear crow posted:

I watched the Biden segment of Jay Leno's Garage just a few minutes ago because of this and you can practically hear the Secret Service detail making GBS threads razor blades as he hauls rear end away, and this was back when he was Veep, let alone POTUS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP-hyDSlmUs&t=145s

My favorite thing about this video is that it recommended a “TRUMP vs. BIDEN BURNOUT” and it has a guy in a Biden mask trying to do a burnout in a Prius and Trump is in some beat up Firebird doing burnouts.

I’d love to see Biden challenge Trump to pass a driver’s license exam, or at least drive a car.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

pixaal posted:

Short term (held less than a year) it is taxed as normal income.

Good. Just change that rule to apply no matter how long its held.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

nine-gear crow posted:

There's a picture of him in his dumpy fat Florida attire pumping gas into a sports car in the 90s, but that was like 30 years ago now. So no.

E:

E2: Oh he's at a Full Service pump, so someone else is pumping it for him lol

It looks like his license plate is LOSR 1

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

InsertPotPun posted:

tiktok rewards lazy content and it just so happens bigoted and stupid humor are the easiest.

i was acquainted with an 8 and 9 year old and their content started with a baby who swore. it was just a baby that sat on some guy's lap and would shout "BITHCH!!" and the guy would react as WILD as possible. "BITHCH!!" "OOOOH MY GOAAWWDD!!" and that was it. that was the entire act. and he has dozens of these videos. "gently caress!" shouts the baby, "OH MY GAAAWDD!" screams the man. the end. dozens of videos just like that.
and so so many that were just "are you GAAAAAAYYY???!!" just the dumbest and laziest bigot poo poo because that kind of "OHMYGAAAAWD!!!" type humor is easy. but it lead to the children legitimately saying homophobic stuff. they were too scared to swear too much, but they would readily label things "GAAAAYYY!!"
and it's no different than the other content they watched on any other platform. it's a slide greased by laziness and it's legitimately hard to describe if you haven't witnessed it. just the slide from "casual bigotry" as a punchline to "casual bigotry" being the entire point

TikTok also is a bit more insidious about the content it presents to you. If you stay and watch a video all the way through it'll value that type of content and the related tags higher than other things as you scroll. As time goes on that slowly starts to be almost ALL your fed. It's why my brother in law sends me a steady stream of guys doing Macho Man Randy Savage impersonations and why my father in law spent an hour on my couch last Summer watching guys in mirrored sunglasses rant about Biden in their trucks. That just makes indoctrinating someone or having someone construct their own echo chamber so much easier than a lot of other social media sites. Facebook cares more about your friends and your likes/comments. YouTube cares about how long you watch videos, your subscriptions and other interaction. Twitter will serve up popular topics (I couldn't scroll two posts without seeing the same five accounts posting about Dune despite not following anyone in that circle), but generally leave it to you to either find people or go searching for topics. TikTok just sees you watched 3/4ths of a video by Andrew Tate or people theorizing about the melted building conspiracy theory and give you more of that to see if you'll keep watching.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Meanwhile in Tennessee

quote:

Republican Suggests Vaccines May Be Getting Injected Into Vegetables

A Tennessee state lawmaker said during a recent legislative session that various companies and medical entities are capable of injecting vaccines into lettuce, tomatoes and tobacco.

Republican state Representative Scott Cepicky said during a House Health Committee hearing on Wednesday that the public should be wary about vaccines being intentionally put into foods commonly found at grocery stores, much to the chagrin of Democratic chairman John Ray Clemmons.

Cepicky said that the University of California, Riverside, has "perfected" vaccinating lettuce, adding that the University of California, Berkeley, has conducted similar tests on tomatoes and that the R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company has mimicked that with tobacco products.

Clemmons asked Cepicky if it is legal, to which Cepicky replied, "I'm not arguing that point"—adding that no current law exists deeming that a head of lettuce at a grocery store includes vaccines. He said such vaccinated plants should be listed as pharmaceuticals "so people can get the proper dosage."

Cepicky responded that it's more of a consumer protection bill, providing the example of someone going to buy tomatoes and being aware of the fruit containing a polio vaccine.

"The problem you have is if it's not treated as a pharmaceutical, being the size and difference between you and me, how many tomatoes do I have to eat to get the proper dosage versus how many tomatoes you have to eat, and if you eat too many, you get an overdose," Cepicky said.

"If you eat too less, like we had in the cattle industry with Aureomycin—we weren't dosing our cattle properly and the horn flies were developing an immunity to it. If we don't have the proper dosage of the vaccine, it could lead to the efficacy of that drug not working anymore," he continued.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

jokes posted:

Cruz can, unfortunately, debate really well (as a skill/technical matter) and is reasonably intelligent. Unfortunately he doesn't give a gently caress about anyone liking him (because nobody in the entire world likes him), has no scruples, and is entirely unloved by his family. You'd hope that would gently caress with a guy, but he exhudes a fine layer of slime so nothing ever actually affects him through this layer of slime. Slime has a place in the GOP but it never elevates them to the top so he'll just meld into the middle layers of the GOP like one among a fistful of worms in a can until he dies/retires hopefully sooner rather than later.

Look into the guy he is running against, Collin Allred. J.D. from UC Berkley, former pro football player, charismatic as all hell, polls already have him neck and neck with Cruz and he hasn't even started campaigning yet.

This is going to be a fight for Ted.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Trump posted his bond in the Carroll case. He got Federal Insurance Co. to give him a bond for $91m.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Waffle House posted:

Is he the first to do anything whatsoever about Gaza?

no, the US has a pretty solid history of loving Gaza/Palestine & supporting the loving of Gaza/Palestine Knowingly.
I mean, it started a long time ago, but the US really shifted the gears from "lets just steal everything" to "loving genocide? awyiss"
oh, you mean positivly?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

His CUMS are TOO BIG!!! :byodood:

Can I quote you on this for a Jalopnik article?

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Does his license plate mean LOSER 1? lmao

edit:

Serious_Cyclone posted:

It looks like his license plate is LOSR 1

:argh:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Three Olives posted:

Look into the guy he is running against, Collin Allred. J.D. from UC Berkley, former pro football player, charismatic as all hell, polls already have him neck and neck with Cruz and he hasn't even started campaigning yet.

This is going to be a fight for Ted.

Yeah I'm from Texas and no, unfortunately Ted will win because it's a state-wide seat and I don't know how to tell you this but Texas is very conservative

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/KrisKobach1787/status/1765935595702919299

Is drinking lead even bad for you? Who can say?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

entirely speculative that lead is bad for you

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Meanwhile in Tennessee

"Ugh, I got polio."

"Wh.... uh.... how?"

"Remember when I told you I stopped eating vegetables?"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Manifesto by christofacists is as bad as you’d think

quote:

The manifesto then states that, pursuant to Scripture, these “civil magistrates” have “lawful authority to punish civil crimes like assault, murder, rape, theft, fraud, man-stealing, and false witness, and to ensure proper due process through the civil courts, payment of liability for verifiably proven harm, and proportionality of punishment.”

Continuing down this same Christian Nationalist trajectory, William Wolfe’s manifesto purports to “affirm that the Church is to instruct civil authorities regarding their identity and duties as servants before the throne of Christ. We affirm that this duty is a Great Commission issue.”

Under the heading, “Big Picture,” the manifesto claims to “affirm that this Christian Nationalist project entails national recognition of essential Christian Orthodoxy (Article II) as a Christian consensus under Jesus Christ, the supreme Lord and King of all creation, and the establishment of the general equity of the Ten Commandments as the foundational law of the nation.”

The manifesto also claims to affirm that, “All truth, claims and ethical standards must be tested by God’s final Word, which is Scripture alone.”

And it promotes a literal interpretation of the Bible: “We affirm that the Bible is clear in all essential matters.”

The manifesto denies that “civil authorities have the right to coerce or command obedience to the dictates of men apart from God’s Word.”

The manifesto further denies “the authority of rulers to squelch civil disobedience if [in the authors’ opinion] the free and necessary worship of and obedience to the True One God is being hindered.”

It also strives to invalidate public education: “We deny that civil authorities are tasked with being the caretakers of citizens or educators of children, as these duties belong primarily to the Church and to families, respectively.”

At the same time, the manifesto aims to “affirm” that Christians are entitled to beat their children into submission: “We affirm that parents, as the authority in the home, have been given the ‘rod’ for instruction, training, and discipline in wisdom and righteousness.” (So now we know what they mean by “parental rights.”)

In addition to opposing same-sex marriage and classifying abortion as “homicide,” the manifesto declares that life begins “from the moment of fertilization, which is conception,” a position that renders IVF unfeasible, as we recently saw in Alabama.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

but the romans...

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Clearly, he drank the lead as a kid

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

no way

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Failed Imagineer posted:

*Goons seeing a clean suburban kitchen that isn't full of pissjugs*:

Is this Skinamarink?

lol—but, a sad, resigned lol

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
not having lead in your drinking water is woke

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
wait, you take your pissjugs to the kitchen?

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

Mr. Nice! posted:

Trump posted his bond in the Carroll case. He got Federal Insurance Co. to give him a bond for $91m.

legit considering cancelling my Chubb policies after reading that news. makes me seriously question their internal decision making processes.

hope they got some kickass collateral

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Glimm posted:

Does his license plate mean LOSER 1? lmao

It says LOSA 1, which given the timeframe is probably either a reference to his divorce from either Ivana or Marla (as in "loss of one wife"), or him trying in his weird carnival con man way to convince people he's actually a winner so you're supposed to smooth LOSA 1 into "lot's of won" somehow. It's Trump, who knows.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Pretty sneaky tactic on Biden's part to cut down the amount of new Republican voters in the future.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

This is the best thing Oscar Wilde has ever said

Is AI good enough to read it in a Morrissey voice?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Jake Gittes posted:

legit considering cancelling my Chubb policies after reading that news. makes me seriously question their internal decision making processes.

hope they got some kickass collateral

They wouldn't have posted the bond unless it was properly secured. We'll know post appeal because we'll definitely see whatever they foreclose upon.

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
That leaded water made Kris Kobach who he is today, future generations of America should get the same opportunity

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

My grandparents had lead in their water and it was good enough for them

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lord Harbor posted:

How's that going to work in practice though? If, say, a CEO gets millions of shares of stock, then uses that stock to take out loans which they use to cover all of their expenses, are they going to be taxed anywhere? Currently they wouldn't really. Stock isn't taxed until it's sold, loans aren't taxed as you aren't actually increasing your net worth. Will Biden's plan actually change any of this?

25% of the CEOs stock is sold to pay the taxes and then the CEO is guillotined and their corpse is deposited in the nearest salmon farm.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Katie Britt's son is named Ridgeway.

Ridgeway Britt.

definitely shooting up my all time whitest names ranking

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Gonna have to go out on a limb here and state that I am firmly against the "beat children when you get angry" party. Like, severely against. Come on.

(TMI but this is coming from a person who had to threaten his father with pressing child abuse charges against him if he didn't stop hitting me every time he got upset. Knocked a tooth of mine out. Punched a hole in my bedroom wall when a pencil I was using snapped and he couldn't handle that and then beat me up when he saw what he had done, etc. I have zero patience for people who do that nonsense to kids.)

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 8, 2024

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Amazing to think that if Trump wasn't president, we would be in year four of lockdown, still 8 years away from a vaccine being released. The whole world should be thanking him.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Waffle House posted:

Social media is full of bad faith child groomers OP, and we should have nuked 4chan from orbit a long time ago

Maybe Lowtax shouldn't have banned hentai from ADTRW.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

nine-gear crow posted:

There's a picture of him in his dumpy fat Florida attire pumping gas into a sports car in the 90s, but that was like 30 years ago now. So no.

E:

E2: Oh he's at a Full Service pump, so someone else is pumping it for him lol

I love the "LUSA 1" vanity plate. Yes, sir, you are the #1 Lusa.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Ninurta posted:

I love the "LUSA 1" vanity plate. Yes, sir, you are the #1 Lusa.

you know he just rented that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

LifeSunDeath posted:

you know he just rented that poo poo

It's probably someone else's car, he does not strike me as much of a car guy