Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Why are we assuming noting new would be added to a p4 remake

Because people gotta have something to bitch about even if the premise is so shaky it's practically nonexistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also you never really engaged with my actual point there, which was not really about the friction removed in P3P/Reload

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Because Reload didn't change much and P3 was a way more barebones game in any version than 4 Golden is

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

anakha posted:

Because people gotta have something to bitch about even if the premise is so shaky it's practically nonexistent.

weren't you the one who brought up people "whining" about Reload in the first place

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

they just released a remake of a game that would have benefitted from new content substantially more than p4g which added very little

it is warranted to expect that a remake of p4g would add a similar amount

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Arist posted:

weren't you the one who brought up people "whining" about Reload in the first place

And I was explicitly referring to whiners like you. Thanks for proving me right LMFAO.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh well I disagree about Reloads additions not being meaningful. I don't think they "need" to remake p4 either though since I think Golden really added all there needed to be.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

where can you go from mopeds

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Seems very strange to complain about people discussing something you brought up, weirdo

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Says the person pre-emptively bitching about a remake that's gonna be released years from now if at all.

E: VV :allears: VV

anakha fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 8, 2024

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

you seem unpleasant. farewell.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

the final boss was not tuned for a souped up party

When the final boss's arcana stages each melt to a single Theurgy and Fuuka can proactively scan each stage as it appears, you know it hasn't been realigned with the gameplay additions.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Im glad reload didnt change much tbh

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

anakha posted:

When the final boss's arcana stages each melt to a single Theurgy and Fuuka can proactively scan each stage as it appears, you know it hasn't been realigned with the gameplay additions.

It actually got nerfed and lost its free second action per turn, and theurgies ignore its baked in damage resistance

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I'm still sorta sad about them removing all the tired stuff and people not being available due to their schedule, plus the whole reversing/breaking links thing. Though they apparently made you not be forced into a romance with everyone so a land of contrasts I guess because that part is definitely a lot better

I just liked that P3 FES had a little bit of friction to the social sim side of the game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

anakha posted:

I mean that was true of the earlier versions of the game too. They probably could have done more to fix it but the Avatar has pretty much always been "Dies in 1-2 hits for each phase so you just constantly have to shift through each one."

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Weird Pumpkin posted:

I'm still sorta sad about them removing all the tired stuff and people not being available due to their schedule, plus the whole reversing/breaking links thing. Though they apparently made you not be forced into a romance with everyone so a land of contrasts I guess because that part is definitely a lot better

I just liked that P3 FES had a little bit of friction to the social sim side of the game

People not being available certain days is still in.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

People not being available certain days is still in.

oh nice! I always thought that was a fun little thing that made the party feel more like their own characters rather than just existing around the main character

reload is probably on our list next after LAD8

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the discussion is pointless because she's gonna be coming in 2/3 years anyway. as if they arent gonna release p3 reloaded reloaded

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tired Moritz posted:

the discussion is pointless because she's gonna be coming in 2/3 years anyway. as if they arent gonna release p3 reloaded reloaded

Even if it does happen (and I'm really not banking on it at this point because they made the game in a way that makes that way harder for themselves, it's probably not enough to justify reselling the game at full price, and they also seem utterly clueless about the appeal in the first place to the point that they didn't even put the music in as DLC), that sucks. That is an awful state of affairs.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Personally I hope they remake 1 or the 2 duology or even SMT if...

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
P4G is already playable on multiple platforms and thus doesn't really need a remake like P3 (or 1-2) did.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

P4G's biggest problem is that it is much uglier than the original version.

Don't really think a P4 remake would be all that necessary though.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
We should get a p4 remake so we can get more I'll Face Myself remixes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

not if they sound like some of reload's remixes

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Reload’s mixes are fine though Burn my Dread sounds way more like Burn my Bread now

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah even for a company that does a lot of revisions and enhanced versions like Atlus, a revision of a remake that's more of a remix than something you can sell as having "more content" is extremely unlikely.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Which is good because I'm not a huge fan of the regular song. It's okay but every remix I've heard is so, so much better.

I can't believe Shin Mitsuo Tensei is only something they did for Golden.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I saw some chiptune mix of IFM right after P4 came out and thought it would have been amazing as the boss fight. It was a delight to actually hear a mix like that in action with Golden.

I'm a big fan of both the original battle and story version though. Same when the leifmotif shows up in other places like the final boss theme.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

P4 remake will be improved by adding a dedicated "give Yousuke a noogie" button prompt

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

hatty posted:

Reload’s mixes are fine though Burn my Dread sounds way more like Burn my Bread now

Always did

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

There is a monkey paw out there that may have granted the rumored P2 remasters, but kept the crappy battle system and encounter rates.

As for P4 remake, I'm not really sure if there's anything new they can add that would feel meaningful. I'm not talking about improved battle mechanics like with Reload. Atlus already added in a ton of stuff in Golden, and it's not like they can give the P4 antagonists any extra scenes like how Strega got. What more can they give us besides fully playable February and March?

Also, I'm pressing F for femc

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Even if there is a remake it won't be anytime soon, we have Vengeance and Metaphor before it'll even be announced

TheWonderTrickster
Aug 16, 2013
I made scientific shitpost in P3R - no one cares about leveling big, but I do

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
leaks state that the Persona 2 remake was confirmed, but offending content was reviewed: all LGBT subtext has been replaced with repetitive expositional dialog, and the characters have been aged down to high school (no day jobs, etc)

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
P4 does not need a remake and we'll all be fine if it never gers one.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Are we seriously having a 2 page argument about a game that barely theoretically exists in rumors.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

Are we seriously having a 2 page argument about a game that barely theoretically exists in rumors.

You new to the thread?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

i should hope that we can manage more than 2 pages

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Seems like it's in the spirit of the series that we can rumor mill something about it until it's real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

Spoiling some stuff because I don't know what can be considered spoilery

I'm playing P5 for the first time, using a low-spoiler guide because that's how I have fun for some reason. I really liked it until I got to fusion!

The guide tells me that by the end of the first palace I want to have one of each Hierophant, Lovers, Chariot, and Death. Fusion is super overwhelming and intimidating. I don't really know where to start to understand it better. Am I just going to be spending a ton of time capturing new personas and smashing them into each other until I randomly get what I need? Or is there a resource I can use that will show me the simplest way to get those four?

You can also grab an online fusion calculator that can either spill out what Personas you need to fuse to get X, or what fusing X to your Persona gets you. Pretty useful at the beginning to fill out the basic Arcana to rebuy them cheaply later.