Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Non Compos Mentis posted:

what is wrong with you?

didnt know you were racist against australians, good to know....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Sunk Dunk posted:

has anyone here watched the show "ja'mie private school girl"?

is it funny?

Yes.

No.

The creator did an entire show in brown face within the last ten years.

gently caress him.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Kingo Ligma posted:

Yes.

No.

gently caress him.

i see..........i didnt know anything about it i just saw it recommended on amazonian prime

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Sunk Dunk posted:

i see..........i didnt know anything about it i just saw it recommended on amazonian prime

When Wikipedia savages a small time Australian comedian this hard you know he hosed up:

the Jonah From Tonga Wikipedia page posted:

The series was highly controversial for its use of brownface and ethnic stereotypes, much like Lilley’s other work; it has been commonly described as racist.[2][3]

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Sunk Dunk posted:

didnt know you were racist against australians, good to know....

im australian so its allowed

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

money plane.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Kingo Ligma posted:

Yes.

No.

gently caress him.

I've never even heard off this Ja'imie show, but I immediately knew who you were talking about. He seemed to have a blip in his career when Flight of the Conchords was getting big, and networks were hunting for more "funny" australian content, and happened on Lilleys work. I remember seeing a few of his shows and thinking "... who is this poo poo for?!"

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I had to rewatch Little Monsters again in the background while i worked to take in those cool FX. I wish I had seen this movie when I was a kid.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Barudak posted:

Harvey Birdman remains undefeated.

They were also smart enough to hire capcom to make them a poor man's ace attorney for their videogame tie-in

Shame about the spinoff. Bird Girl was a great character in the original show but the spinoff was terrible

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Gripweed posted:

Akira Toriyama died

dude =(

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

On a lighter note I just enjoyed some Rebel Moon tie im potato chips (heavily discounted). In case you were wondering the people of Planet Daggus enjoy the taste of spicy chicken skewer flavoured crisps.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Sunk Dunk posted:

i saw this and thought it was cool -

Paramount Pictures to introduce budget line physical movie packaging that includes all four formats (UHD,BR,DVD,DIGITAL) for $10.99

I kinda suspect they’re just trying to clear poo poo out and not actually starting a “budget line” for real, but I preordered a few of em. Pretty cool cheap little packages

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Trying to remember a scene from a movie or TV show

I swear it was Stargate or some kind of Egyptian themed movie but basically the king or all-powerful emperor or someone gets mad at one of his guards for some reason and like, uses his magic powers to knock the guy backwards into a wall mural and the guy gets sucked into it and becomes part of it and frozen in marble or something. Another part of me thinks it was Chronicles of Riddick or something? No clue. Does anyone remember this or am I having a Mandela Effect moment

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Toxic Mental posted:

I swear it was Stargate or some kind of Egyptian themed movie but basically the king or all-powerful emperor or someone gets mad at one of his guards for some reason and like, uses his magic powers to knock the guy backwards into a wall mural and the guy gets sucked into it and becomes part of it and frozen in marble or something. Another part of me thinks it was Chronicles of Riddick or something? No clue. Does anyone remember this or am I having a Mandela Effect moment

Sounds like a Wishmaster movie. Like someone says, "I wish I had my body of work in a museum!"

I know I'm wrong though, but it sounds totally like a Wishmaster.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Toxic Mental posted:

This was She Hulk

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Pacman: "Sup you bitches! I'm high on crack!"

Mike Stoklasa nods along as he edits a dummy dressed up like Rich Evans getting thrown off a park bridge.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sQeTNs7vaI

?

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Cubone posted:

think I'm done with cervesa cristal tbh

https://twitter.com/ICARUSLIV3S/status/1766055297720717771

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

Nukie

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Gutcruncher posted:

I kinda suspect they’re just trying to clear poo poo out and not actually starting a “budget line” for real, but I preordered a few of em. Pretty cool cheap little packages

Same. There's some pretty good titles in the batch I saw.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

trying to remember a film, a bunch of aliens coming down to earth to have a good time, they get trapped under a bunch of popcorn and they decide they have to eat their way out, and it was all black and white except for one of the aliens who had a red spacesuit

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
daddy day care

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War: Part Duex

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

That DICK! posted:

trying to remember a film, a bunch of aliens coming down to earth to have a good time, they get trapped under a bunch of popcorn and they decide they have to eat their way out, and it was all black and white except for one of the aliens who had a red spacesuit

sounds like Boss Baby or Mulholland Drive

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

That DICK! posted:

Schindler's list

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

That DICK! posted:

I think that was that show "Girls" on HBO. I never saw it, but I heard it was rear end, not popcorn.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

nuuuuuukieeeeee

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

That DICK! posted:

I believe that was the hit Disney+ show: Star Wars - Andor.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/BDisgusting/status/1766162973557424610

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Every day is Halloween to them

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Christmas: A Halloween Story

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Evil dies tuesday nights, only on max

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cathy’s Curse is coming out on 4k

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is Halloween the one with Austin powers?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Khanstant posted:

Is Halloween the one with Austin powers?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

He looks so disappointed in this news.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can't wait to re-experience the extensive Halloween lore like never before.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
an excess of media to fill the vacuum of human purpose

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
"The universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't to search for meaning, it's to keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense and eventually, you'll be dead."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It’s like Succession but involving the Silver Shamrock company.