Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sedgr posted:

It was sold with low mileage, having never been driven much, and a warning that it may have a "mileage inconsistency". So I'm just going to assume that Trump personally rolled back the odometer.

lol I forgot about that part, and I agree 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol patriots.win even smelling the fart

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I can smell Trump in that picture, even from way back then.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

So how do appeals work in NY

Is there another whole in person courtroom deal where everyone shits their pants, or do they just take all the motions, submissions, rulings etc and crap and just rule on the papers?

Counted
Apr 28, 2023
Question because my eyes glaze over when financial rules are discussed and don't know jack about it: could the RNC take out loans for Trump's legal bills since he probably would never qualify for enough to cover his fraud case, and then be stuck with them?

I've read articles about the RNC seeking out a "credit line" before, so I'm curious. I'd imagine there's obstacles to something like that but if not the lols would be plentiful

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

redshirt posted:

So can Piers Morgan

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

jokes posted:

Yeah I'm from Texas and no, unfortunately Ted will win because it's a state-wide seat and I don't know how to tell you this but Texas is very conservative

Texans also love their football. Ted Cruz is unlikable, Allred is very likeable and he's tough on border issues.

I think the real issue is that Abbott has made it so hard to vote. For everybody. Even conservative old people are getting purged from voting roles and finding it difficult to register and find their polling place. But I think they'll do the legwork to figure it out that young/disenfranchised people won't. Guess we'll see in November.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Ridgeway Britt seems like an obscure but telling American insult.

"He's a limey cocksucker!"

"Nah, mang, he a ridgeway Britt."

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, you're right"

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

redshirt posted:

Being able to smell someone else is almost always associated with a negative response. B.O. or too much perfume or whatever it is, people seldom want to associate proximity to another person with sensing their presence due to smell. The fact people have stated that Trump has a smell is almost impossible to twist into a positive statement about him, IMO.

tl;dr the ex president smells like buttcrack sweat and no one is brave enough to tell him lmao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Catastrophe posted:

the ex president smells like buttcrack sweat and no one is brave enough to tell him lmao

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Toxic Mental posted:

It rules that the GOP felt the need to have a woman be the face of their response to the State of the Union due to Roe v Wade mobilizing a whole bunch of voters only for the base to react with "wtf who's this broad"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ElGroucho posted:

If you want evidence of how loving stupid the GOP is, they consider a woman who won a senate seat in DEEP RED Alabama a rising star. Congrats not missing the world's easiest layup, I guess

She didn't even have an opponent, essentially. There was someone on the ballot but they had no money or campaign organization. There was no debate held. Hardly any press about the senatorial election at all because it is a foregone conclusion.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Roleplaying Dad posted:

Texans also love their football. Ted Cruz is unlikable, Allred is very likeable and he's tough on border issues.

I think the real issue is that Abbott has made it so hard to vote. For everybody. Even conservative old people are getting purged from voting roles and finding it difficult to register and find their polling place. But I think they'll do the legwork to figure it out that young/disenfranchised people won't. Guess we'll see in November.

Also, Allred's district is hardly some jerrymandered to as all hell blue district:

https://datausa.io/profile/geo/congressional-district-32-tx

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Stink Billyums posted:

yeeeeeeeeeesssss they really did it, trump is going to drain the rnc lol

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1766149263443337392

"God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called."

Oh cool so if she was about to have major surgery, I'm sure she would say the exact same thing about the doctors about to do the cutting and anesthesia, right?

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

"God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called."

LMAOOOOOO yoooooo

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

I sincerely hope this sort of rhetoric stays confined inside their extremist circles because this sort of mentality going widespread would be dangerous at best and disastrous in reality.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

InsertPotPun posted:

it's kinda weird i'm not seeing many biden clips. if he did that great a job i'm not seeing the after effect

dont worry im sure trump went up in the POLLS another 10 points

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
In this case the God they're referring to is Donald J. Trump

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

chuds LOVE comparing America to the roman empire, but are so hyperfocused on poo poo like immigration being the source of its downfall that they miss the part where lead plumbing meant each generation was less capable and healthy than the last

not that they're missing it on accident or whatever, they only give a poo poo about rome inasmuch as it props up their modern bigotry and sponsorship deals, but that, too, is as old as rome

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Naming your kid Ridgeway should trigger an investigation because that kid will not be able to step foot outside of homeschool.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Just an amazing coincidence that God called on the daughter-in-law of the broke criminal running for president

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

nobodygetshurt posted:

"God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called."

LMAOOOOOO yoooooo
*Regina George voice*
So we agree that she's not qualified, right?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Meanwhile in Tennessee

uc riverside was looking into mrna vaccine production in produce

https://news.ucr.edu/articles/2021/09/16/grow-and-eat-your-own-vaccines

i was skeptical that an mrna vaccine could be taken orally, but than a quick search brought up this paper, so i guess it might be possible to have the plants produce the vaccine that could be taken orally

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10378442/

quote:

mRNA-based vaccines were effective in contrasting SARS-CoV-2 infection. However, they presented several limitations of storage and supply chain, and their parenteral administration elicited a limited mucosal IgA immune response. Extracellular vesicles (EVs) have been recognized as a mechanism of cell-to-cell communication well-preserved in all life kingdoms, including plants. Their membrane confers protection from enzyme degradation to encapsulated nucleic acids favoring their transfer between cells. In the present study, EVs derived from the juice of an edible plant (Citrus sinensis) (oEVs) were investigated as carriers of an orally administered mRNA vaccine coding for the S1 protein subunit of SARS-CoV-2 with gastro-resistant oral capsule formulation. The mRNA loaded into oEVs was protected and was stable at room temperature for one year after lyophilization and encapsulation. Rats immunized via gavage administration developed a humoral immune response with the production of specific IgM, IgG, and IgA, which represent the first mucosal barrier in the adaptive immune response. The vaccination also triggered the generation of blocking antibodies and specific lymphocyte activation. In conclusion, the formulation of lyophilized mRNA-containing oEVs represents an efficient delivery strategy for oral vaccines due to their stability at room temperature, optimal mucosal absorption, and the ability to trigger an immune response.

i'm not sure that this would scale better commercially than other methods of production and distribution (if it did i think it being in the more compact form of juice is more likely than just a head of lettuce you munch into), but it's not just ravings

the idea that it would ever just be put out unlabeled in the produce aisle is really loving stupid though

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I don't know much about Alabama but for some reason it seems really on brand for someone from there to name their kid after a strip mall.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Toxic Mental posted:

What's weird is it was pre-taped, so everyone involved in the production watched the finished product and was just like, "Yup, you killed it. This isn't weird and off-putting at all", which maybe says some things about they interact with the women in their lives.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Ringo Star Get posted:

Naming your kid Ridgeway should trigger an investigation because that kid will not be able to step foot outside of homeschool.

Dunno. Would you gently caress with a kid named after a serial killer? I mean I’d just bully jayseden first myself.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Manifesto by christofacists is as bad as you’d think

yo, this is just loving sharia law!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

What's weird is it was pre-taped, so everyone involved in the production watched the finished product and was just like, "Yup, you killed it. This isn't weird and off-putting at all", which maybe says some things about they interact with the women in their lives.

It wasn't pre-taped, she mentioned an event that happened in the speech that was a surprise. I mean, MTG being a dipshit and attempting some kind of stunt wasn't a surprise, but the specific act of stupid was.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Naming my child Jeffrey Dahmer to own the libs

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
There's a possible future where we'll have the Trumps to thank for destroying the GOP

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Meanwhile in Tennessee

Riverside? more like Ripperside.

Anyway, being afraid of vaccines in lettuce absolutely screams "old person saw a post from his second cousin's coworker's friend on Facebook"

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

uc riverside was looking into mrna vaccine production in produce

https://news.ucr.edu/articles/2021/09/16/grow-and-eat-your-own-vaccines

i was skeptical that an mrna vaccine could be taken orally, but than a quick search brought up this paper, so i guess it might be possible to have the plants produce the vaccine that could be taken orally

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10378442/

i'm not sure that this would scale better commercially than other methods of production and distribution (if it did i think it being in the more compact form of juice is more likely than just a head of lettuce you munch into), but it's not just ravings

the idea that it would ever just be put out unlabeled in the produce aisle is really loving stupid though

Holy poo poo "an apple a day..." might be literal soon.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Catastrophe posted:

I sincerely hope this sort of rhetoric stays confined inside their extremist circles because this sort of mentality going widespread would be dangerous at best and disastrous in reality.

That is not actually rhetoric, that is grammatically erroneous bullshitting

Counted
Apr 28, 2023
The US Court of Appeals has approved three new lawsuits against Trump in Washington DC relating to January 6. One of them is from a cop who was there, Marcus Moore.

The hypocrisy from Trump voters when they still pull the lever for him will be obvious, but at this point it's just another one for the pile lol

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Counted posted:

The US Court of Appeals has approved three new lawsuits against Trump in Washington DC relating to January 6. One of them is from a cop who was there, Marcus Moore.

The hypocrisy from Trump voters when they still pull the lever for him will be obvious, but at this point it's just another one for the pile lol

:lol: i hope there's just new lawsuits every week for the rest of his life

back the blue

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

kazil posted:

lol a twitter poll

as far as I know, Paul isn't even being considered for the leadership spot

No Rick Scott option?! BOOOOOOOOO!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Waffle House posted:

That is not actually rhetoric, that is grammatically erroneous bullshitting

Down
With
All
Bullshitting!

nah, that doesn't work out as well as I had hoped.

edit: now that I typed that out, I'm sure there's some obscure sub-genre of metal called Dwabcore.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

yo, this is just loving sharia law!

These people really just want America to be Saudi Arabia but with Christianity instead of Islam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

HappyHippo posted:

These people really just want America to be Saudi Arabia but with Christianity instead of Islam.

They specifically and explicitly want someone like King Solomon again. Nevermind all the biblical poo poo that Solomon did wrong that was directly against God's will, these people really just want to be told what to think, do and speak by people they put their trust in (people who can give off the veneer of success or money since money == goodness in american christian prosperity nonsnse).