Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Mozi posted:

only 10mg each? you'd have to be the goatman to fit enough to get a buzz

Canada's restrictions on THC content in edibles and such sucks. Supposedly to protect you or kids from eating too much or something.

Dang big gubberment, I know how much weed my rear end can handle. :arghfist: :420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Here's another Weed Story:

Long long ago, I was restless and lost and decided I would give up weed for a while to see if maybe that made any difference.

That afternoon, or maybe the day after (it was Long, long ago), I went on a long bike ride. This was before mobile phones or GPS and so I had drawn a map. I always drew maps, with streets and side streets and maybe things of interests. So I was following a hand drawn map on this long bike trip, and in this area I had written on the map "LOGGING" I stopped, something caught my eye.

An eyeglass case. I open up it up and it's an 8th of fresh weed...

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

Which State do I need to drive to?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
now this, i can see shoving up my rear end

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012
How the gently caress is that only $20? gently caress this goddamn Midwest hell state

https://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/the-flower-shop-d3ead/p/632988175/death-bar?variant=2354032987

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

kuarduck posted:

How the gently caress is that only $20? gently caress this goddamn Midwest hell state

https://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/the-flower-shop-d3ead/p/632988175/death-bar?variant=2354032987

holy poo poo, could stay high till xmas on 20 bucks.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I ate 2000mg it didn't do poo poo I wanted to go to outer space like the other kids dammit

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I ate 2000mg it didn't do poo poo I wanted to go to outer space like the other kids dammit

Well that answers the question of "maybe I just need MORE"

Thank you for your service :patriot:

Crap. :smith:

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
inshallah

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

When was the first time you smoked weed?

Mine must have been with these local toughs out at the Old Dump.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

redshirt posted:

1970, hippie commune in rural PA

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dee eight posted:

1970, hippie commune in rural PA

Were they psycho 60 hippies??

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
nah, more like granola/artist hippies

e: heavy on the poetry and obscure books

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
just smoked a nug that stuck in a ball jar w/ a boveda pack like 2 years and i'm higher than i've been in a minute

aged weed fuckin owns

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bagmonkey posted:

just smoked a nug that stuck in a ball jar w/ a boveda pack like 2 years and i'm higher than i've been in a minute

aged weed fuckin owns

if only we all aged so well

I got some dutch treat that is surpriiiiisingly good, it's 32% on the label and I fuckin believe it

it isn't the strongest tasting dutch treat I've had though, and that's sad. I had a bag once that I could open, stick my face in and take a deep breath, and it was so lemony / strong it stung my nose. Perfection

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Sedgr posted:

You can do little dab/flower sandwiches in the caps if you keep the amount of concentrate small. I've done that before. Very small amount though. That new POTV Lobo looks interesting too. Rogue/Edge with a removable battery.

And using the Rogue caps with my XQ2 has become my primary method at home. The Rogue caps fit into the basket screen in the 18mm F/M adapter. Then I replaced the tornado bowl with a shorter 18mm F/F adapter.

Works nice. Easy to clean. Fast to reload. For my use, pretty ideal as a desktop.

I love using dosing caps with my lobo. Where did you get the stuff you are using there? I would love to be able to use caps with my xq2.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Half inch basket screens I got off amazon. The glass bits came from planet of the vapes I think? You can order them online a few different places.

Technically you don't even need the female to male adapter in the first picture there. The basket screen and the Rogue cap can go in the end of the whips glass elbow but I like having the 18mm f/m just because otherwise I end up waving the whip all over while trying to reload. So having a seperate glass piece with the cap in it that I can take out and walk away with to refill is just a little easier.

:canada: But available other places Im sure.
https://ca.planetofthevapes.com/products/18mm-female-to-18mm-male-glass-adapter
https://ca.planetofthevapes.com/products/18mm-female-to-18mm-female-glass-adapter

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I just buy normal pipe screens from the smoke shop for like $2 for a pack of 200 and fold them into baskets myself, careful some brands have sharp edges and you may get metal burs stuck in your fingers that you need to pull out. There is something enjoyable about folding one, as long as the brand isn't garbage and sticking you.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

You kind of want baskets with the metal ring edge for this since its acting a bit like a retaining ring and keeping the basket from slipping up inside the glass. Depends how fancy your folding skills are I guess.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Kind of high already. Buckle up, bitches.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
i munch the gottis

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Whooping Crabs posted:

i munch the gottis

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Whooping Crabs posted:

i munch the gottis

I don't know what this means. But I feel you, brother.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Whooping Crabs posted:

i munch the gottis

hell yeah

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Whooping Crabs posted:

i munch the gottis

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

redshirt posted:

at "jazz camp" which is a summer camp that is part of the stanford jazz workshop. basically a summer school program for high school aged jazz nerds, we were grouped into ensembles to play music and also had lectures. the first time i got high it was with some kid who had a pipe and bag of weed hidden inside a wah pedal and we smoked in a dried out lakebed. i got incredibly hosed up to the point of visual hallucination (which has never happened again to that degree). then we went in to class where we heard this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNbD1JIH344

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

a lovely smoking spot yesterday in newly (almost) legal Germany

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Loving these countries falling like dominoes. Each one flies up my to-visit shortlist because I can take my medical and travel through the Schengen zone on comfy eurotrains while zooted is great.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

redshirt posted:

I was a senior in high school and attending a vocational school for multimedia communications. Our teacher gave us a half day to just go whereever and film stuff. We piled into a car and went to an open space park about 3 miles from the school. We smoked up and I got the worst loving case of the giggles, just non-stop giggling. They told me to go run up the hill to run it off. The people in the group kinda play pranks on each other and I was kinda paranoid from the weed and was SURE they were going to abandon me, but they finally gave me the car keys to take with me. Later that day i interviewed for a job in the AV department at the community college and got the job :lol:

I only smoked 2-3 more times until 2008 when CO set up med weed and I got a card. I've basically been smoking since.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

redshirt posted:

After my mom died I was sad so I had some weed

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

redshirt posted:

A date brought some over to my place and we shotgunned it throughout the night. It was so romantic <3

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Somewhere around late 2018, when legalization was around the corner anyways. I tried it before but I didn't really know what I was doing and it was just a puff or two.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Girlfriend at the time was a smoker and had her bong going. I had a bad day and wanted to try the devils lettuce to relax. Took too large a hit, pulled the bowl to clear the bong, immediately inhaled bongwater, coughed directly back into the bong, blowing the bowl across the room as I spewed the bongwater everywhere unable to breath and catch my breath. Covered in lost weed, bits of ash, and bongwater my girlfriend laughed and asked "So what do you think?"

10/10 experience. Second hit went better.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

I was 18 and finished all my classes at my lovely charter school and was just hanging out being disruptive, so they kicked me out until the grad ceremony. I would go to the Sonic next door to the school, lol, to see all my buddies between school shifts, lol, and one time I went and hung out with a couple of them ditching to smoke dirt weed out of a goddamn corncob pipe. This is April 2004.

I took a few hits and said I didn't feel poo poo, most of those guys agreed, and I drove back home. Then I fell asleep and was awoken by my mother calling 5 hours later to remind me I was an hour late for dinner with her and my brother at a restaurant. My brother was already smoking by then (he's 3 years younger) so he thought it was hilarious, she decidedly did not.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

MrQwerty posted:

I was 18 and finished all my classes at my lovely charter school and was just hanging out being disruptive, so they kicked me out until the grad ceremony. I would go to the Sonic next door to the school, lol, to see all my buddies between school shifts, lol, and one time I went and hung out with a couple of them ditching to smoke dirt weed out of a goddamn corncob pipe. This is April 2004.

I took a few hits and said I didn't feel poo poo, most of those guys agreed, and I drove back home. Then I fell asleep and was awoken by my mother calling 5 hours later to remind me I was an hour late for dinner with her and my brother at a restaurant. My brother was already smoking by then (he's 3 years younger) so he thought it was hilarious, she decidedly did not.

drat bro try not to die from ditch weed

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
The only good thing about a t-break is I get my intricate memory of loving insanely niche facts and pointless history back.

The worst bit is I CANT loving SHUT IT OFF

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I found my parents stash when I was 15 and pinched some.

My gf was more experienced and expertly advised that it was weed and pretty old since it was so sticky. :weed:

Later a buddy and I sat on the steps on a hill at a school and smoked a bunch of it through a pipe he made in woodshop

We got really stoned and walked to my house to eat a loaf of bread

A+

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Was on a study abroad semester in Germany and took a trip to Amsterdam. Ate a huge weed brownie, didn't feel anything so I had a second one 45 minutes later. I was high beyond belief, walls were shimmering and I was barely able to communicate. Haven't really looked back since and it's been amazing to see how much things have changed in terms of weed legality and availability here in the US over the past decade. Finally live in a legal state with retail stores for the past 2 years.

That study abroad semester was over 20 years ago, gently caress.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Bout 2 years ago now?

Never touched it as a teen or 20 something. Had a family member with a chronic pain condition. I decided to find out what all the fuss was about in my mid 30s. Bought a bong off the Internet for $20 and went to town. Slept better than I had in 10 years and woke up feeling refreshed and calm. Decided to run it by my brain doc who recommended going to a weed doc so I could get stuff that was less likely to have been grown in an asbestos filled roof space. I did and the rest is history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

i think i was 18 or 19 and my friend got me high after we had been drinking a bit and holy gently caress was that a not fun experience lol

eventually started back up again in my late 20s