Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Not Christians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
he could have practiced with a foam bat. like you think jugglers just start with chainsaws? hell naw.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Nobody Interesting posted:

To be fair, if your schtick is doing sick baseball bat tricks you are going to hurt yourself a couple of times.

But also what are the pants all about

Band aids.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

mrfart posted:

Pretty big car crash, hope that's ok.
https://i.imgur.com/4oQDLrG.mp4

I've known people who paid for extra signage/lights on their house because they live next to a curve in the road.

At some point you'll have to consider slapping some reactive armor bricks on that sucker.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Did he think those tricks would get him to the third base?

:pathetic:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lmao

The General
Mar 4, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

he could have practiced with a foam bat. like you think jugglers just start with chainsaws? hell naw.

All the injuries occurred doing tricks that a foam bat wouldn't work with.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

The General posted:

All the injuries occurred doing tricks that a foam bat wouldn't work with.

Yeah seems like you'd need the mass/bounce of a solid bat for all those spinny bouncy bits to work.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
The Apple Vision Pro thread went from "Buy AAPL" to "if you can get a refund it was just a free rental" in about 2 pages.

The only consistent praise so far as I read it is that it's a great TV screen replacement but as someone pointed out that's probably only going to work if you live alone.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ReelBigLizard posted:

The Apple Vision Pro thread went from "Buy AAPL" to "if you can get a refund it was just a free rental" in about 2 pages.

The only consistent praise so far as I read it is that it's a great TV screen replacement but as someone pointed out that's probably only going to work if you live alone.

that's solidly what I expected to happen, just like it happened to me 8 years ago with the first Vive. cool at first, a literal pain in the neck and not fun pretty soon thereafter.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

LifeSunDeath posted:

like you think jugglers just start with chainsaws? hell naw.

They should

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

ReelBigLizard posted:

The idea of a TV I need to strap to my face sounds like a loving nightmare, even if I were to fully give in to my hermit like tendencies and never interact with a human being again.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Nobody Interesting posted:

But also what are the pants all about
They cover your legs

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
They look super cool. I also like his weird boot sneakers. Guy looks like a 1980s GI Joe character.

“Walk-Off” would be a good name for him, I think.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Robobot posted:

They look super cool. I also like his weird boot sneakers. Guy looks like a 1980s GI Joe character.

“Walk-Off” would be a good name for him, I think.
Put him in a sports themed squad with Sgt. Slaughter, The Fridge, and Captain Grid-Iron.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Baron von Eevl posted:

The idea of a TV I need to strap to my face sounds like a loving nightmare, even if I were to fully give in to my hermit like tendencies and never interact with a human being again.

How am I supposed to watch TV without looking at my phone?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

LifeSunDeath posted:

I get that it would suck to grab the chainsaw by the blade, but... you could do the same stunt with just like, knives, right? Nobody juggles a chainsaw that is set to chainsaw mode.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

credburn posted:

Nobody juggles a chainsaw that is set to chainsaw mode.

Yeah the impressiveness of the stunt pretty much relies on audiences not knowing enough about chainsaws to realise than a 'running' chainsaw is only idling

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah the impressiveness of the stunt pretty much relies on audiences not knowing enough about chainsaws to realise than a 'running' chainsaw is only idling
The audience assumes the blade severed her spine and some significant organs, otherwise putting her back together and then she gets out of the box isn’t magic.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

credburn posted:

I get that it would suck to grab the chainsaw by the blade, but... you could do the same stunt with just like, knives, right? Nobody juggles a chainsaw that is set to chainsaw mode.

Main issue with chainsaws is that they’re heavy and unbalanced.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Lone Badger posted:

Main issue with chainsaws is that they’re heavy and unbalanced.

My name is not chainsaws

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Most people start with just chainsaw throwing. It's the chainsaw catching that's the tricky bit, at least doing it consistently.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Karate Bastard posted:

Most people start with just chainsaw throwing. It's the chainsaw catching that's the tricky bit, at least doing it consistently.

This is a great trick, but I can only do it once: :emo:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/6GRVQWT.mp4

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh I see what happened, one of the propellers came off.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Lmao the perfect storm

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Sound enhances the experience for sure.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sa0xtrX6Dr1w5pr9j.mp4

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/bMxcZCx.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cats get a bad rap, it's actually dogs who are the true force of chaos

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

JUST HOOK IT TO MY VEINS

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

They are really cute, and fun to play with and train to do things, and you can take them to parks and stuff. But they also cost a lot and take all your time plus can mess up your entire house if they get bored. I just don't get why having children is so popular?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Dogs can't look after you when you're old and full of micro plastics

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They also can't put you in a home and ignore you while you die of bedsores

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Bald Stalin posted:

Bold of you to assume my children will still be on speaking terms with me when I'm old.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

They also can't put you in a home and ignore you while you die of bedsores

They can fetch a beer though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/OleGriersy/status/1765767188122624498

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Bald Stalin posted:

They're gonna stick you in a home just like you did to your parents.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Yeah, but they usually abbreviate it to GOP.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
You can dress them up too (kids, that is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

Cats get a bad rap, it's actually dogs who are the true force of chaos

Chaotic good :colbert:

Unlike

https://i.imgur.com/pYamUWO.mp4