Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Triarii posted:

I just tried out the jetpack and I can't dive and then activate it in midair? What's this bullshit

It'd be cool if it activated and just shot you straight forward into the nearest obstacle/player/enemy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ess
Mar 20, 2013
why aren't we just calling them mechs. they're mechs.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

How do you stim someone else?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

E

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Ess posted:

they're ambulatory coffins

Ess
Mar 20, 2013

Jerkface posted:

that's way too many syllables for something that explodes that fast and often. Also defeatist!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Jerkface posted:

Even in death, I still serve

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hwurmp posted:

How do you stim someone else?

Just walk up to them and there will be a prompt, it's the same key as interacting with terminals and stuff. If there's no prompt you either don't have stims or they are at full health.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Ess posted:

Exos

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

dont refer to the mechs as robots you traitors

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

welp spent 109 minutes so far attempting to get past the title screen.

not really seeing any appeal so far

Are you saying this is your first time trying to play? If so, yes the servers have currently melted down and are broken today.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Jerkface posted:

This is very key strat, if you got the super samples or a bunch of regular samples drop them at extract so you don't end up in a situation where you die and leave them in the middle of a massive enemy formation. Will save you so much headache to not have to worry about running back to some completed objective just to get the precious.

If you're playing with pubs, you kind of have to hope that they realize that you left Super Samples there specifically to keep them safe for extraction.

Unfortunately, most pubs are addicted to hoovering up any loose samples they see on the map before inevitably trying to swim, getting themselves killed next to a hole, or getting killed on the other side of the map from the extract point right after another pubbie calls in the shuttle.

Jerkface posted:

you get it

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

welp spent 109 minutes so far attempting to get past the title screen.

not really seeing any appeal so far

The game is slammed right now, sorry that's happening

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I got stepped on by a mech today. It's wasn't too bad, but I had to stim.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

So how are the mechs, for the like five people that seem to be able to play?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
What's the deal with the servers? I understand they are hosed, but do we have details or anything (like is it worth it to sit at the splashscreen or nah?)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/pilestedt/status/1766184792188690779?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

unsafe mode on jet packs. :sickos:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

If your attention deviates from the intro patriotic service announcement, the server won't connect. You were warned!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Evilreaver posted:

What's the deal with the servers? I understand they are hosed, but do we have details or anything (like is it worth it to sit at the splashscreen or nah?)

It’s the mechs and everyone using them

https://x.com/pilestedt/status/1766182204541944020?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bussamove posted:

So how are the mechs, for the like five people that seem to be able to play?

RMB is gatling gun, LMB shoots rockets, great for trampling things and patrolling/holdout moments. Really fun so far. Kinda wish they came with a few more rockets.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

"mechs" is a stupid name for our bicameral legislation platforms

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

drat bots

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

They have that guy

He's being wrecked by understimating the attachment of gamers to mech suits

"everyone wanted the mechs real bad and played a ton to get them" is like the easiest thing to guess and all they had to do was overtone it and then ease off the gas a bit every day.

"sorry the servers suck again, we just did not think everyone would want the cool new mechs" is so funny to me

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

On the other hand, it doesn't make a lot of sense because the CCU isn't even as high as it was yesterday or the past day.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Reminder unless they changed it, but if you really want to get past a stalled, login, from outside of the game, join onto someone already playing the game.

That said, the current bugs which seem to be coinciding with the server issues are pretty annoying and I think I'm going to wait till it's fixed.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj886Y9xGrU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

lol @ the person that doesnt understand the appeal of a game that has so many people playing that the servers wont let them in

sour af

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Exodee posted:

I finally managed to buy the exosuit stratagem by spamming it three times. Now I can call in three suits!

I tried this since it also "works" on Automaton tanks and sticks on top of it.

... unfortunately with exosuits it just smashes right through and blows up the suit lol

Got smoke nades unlocked yet? I want to know if that'll work against bots with the mech suit, but I'm still like a page away from unlocking it.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Turin Turambar posted:

On the other hand, it doesn't make a lot of sense because the CCU isn't even as high as it was yesterday or the past day.

They said it's not necessarily the number of players playing, it's that everyone is specifically calling in mechs and only mechs :allears:

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

BitBasher posted:

The screen turned shaded/dark while waiting for the post game stats to show then just... never changed. I quit after 5 or 6 minutes. I'm going to go play Minecraft someone yell when it's working

if you right click youll exit the screen and can keep playing

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Doomsayer posted:

They said it's not necessarily the number of players playing, it's that everyone is specifically calling in mechs and only mechs :allears:

Lol, do they have separate servers for each stratagem in the backend, and if everyone is calling mechs, that server is overloaded?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Basic Chunnel posted:

Oh good! With that and being the only game that makes my PS5 hardware scream I was thinking maybe it was a good time to take a break

yea this game definitely uses more wattage than any other game i play. i will probably have to turn down settings during the summer if im still playing

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

They probably just coded the exo suits in a weird way, like they're actually comprised of individual helldivers wearing mech part cosplay and so each mech is quintupling the load on the server and also explains why they explode so much

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Fatshark bros, we are in good, familiar hands here in this other coop shooter game!

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Black Noise posted:

I'm also having a weird issue where I can't skip the intro movie and I get this spinning loading symbol in the top right instead. I know you need to press escape but I get trapped in this movie.

Lack of attention denotes treason.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Turin Turambar posted:

Lol, do they have separate servers for each stratagem in the backend, and if everyone is calling mechs, that server is overloaded?

I'm guessing when they say "Aquire" i bet everyone's jamming on the BUY BUY BUY button and it's DDOSing the inventory servers or something. I couldn't buy anything from the reqs or warbonds screen when I was in earlier.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Musluk posted:

dreadnoughts

These things are missing a flag pole for our capes to ensure everyone knows we're distinguished helldivers and not SEAF chumps, but that's playing with copyright suit fire.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

WoodrowSkillson posted:

"sorry the servers suck again, we just did not think everyone would want the cool new mechs" is so funny to me

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Dinosaurs! posted:

These things are missing a flag pole for our capes to ensure everyone knows we're distinguished helldivers and not SEAF chumps, but that's playing with copyright suit fire.

They're already over the line with a lot of the robit faction so they should just go for it!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Worf posted:

lol @ the person that doesnt understand the appeal of a game that has so many people playing that the servers wont let them in

sour af

eh i only got it because a friend was like its hilarious and asked me to play with him and i was like ok .. i just dont like burning money on poo poo i cant even start?