Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lying szn rocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Official comp picks released, 49ers get an extra 3, 4, 5 and 2 6's

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m so jealous of whatever team gets Caleb. Hes fun to watch and looks so drat good

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Think the Panthers could trade their 2025/26 firsts and a couple other picks for Caleb?

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’m so jealous of whatever team gets Caleb. Hes fun to watch and looks so drat good

Bears. Please, do not mess this up. I want a Love vs Williams rivalry.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mega64 posted:

Think the Panthers could trade their 2025/26 firsts and a couple other picks for Caleb?

Boy that'd be depressing. Caleb on a roster of nothing for years upon years

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Kalli posted:

Boy that'd be depressing. Caleb on a roster of nothing for years upon years

It wouldn't be a complete disaster. The Panthers might be able to flip Bryce for a sixth!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Jets get Mr. Irrelevant. Which is fitting, you see. For an irrelevant team.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also the Jaguars got a comp pick for the first time in 13 years.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jets get Mr. Irrelevant. Which is fitting, you see. For an irrelevant team.

You could always pull a Niners and find your future franchise QB there.

Because god knows the Jets haven't found a franchise QB anywhere else...

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers just need to focus on literally anything offensively.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Kalli posted:

Probably would have gotten two 3s if Jimmy hadn't gotten benched so early in the season. Ah well.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

Probably would have gotten two 3s if Jimmy hadn't gotten benched so early in the season. Ah well.

The comp picks guy thinks something has gone wrong and the 49ers, Bills, Bengals aren't right. here's the thread:

https://twitter.com/nickkorte/status/1766244810451738730?t=tWgrLw270raMoVZw5vIuKQ&s=19

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The NFL always underestimates the power of a man with literally nothing better to do in his life

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

We all like grasping at straws for clues, right? https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1767562874946220347

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Why and how does that say Daniels vs Maye lol?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Dexo posted:

Why and how does that say Daniels vs Maye lol?

Mariota is more of a mobile QB than a pocket passer. I suspect that if you are going to install a new offense and blocking scheme for a new potential franchise quarterback you would also get a veteran stopgap who plays the same style.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Does it even matter? The last time we saw Mariota in meaningful play time he got benched for Desmond Ridder and deserved it. He seems like an awesome dude off the field but if he has to start, or you’re asking your hot new rookie to emulate his play, that’s a yikes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Maye is also a fairly mobile QB lol.

Not as fast obviously but can make plays and throws out of structure, and runs pretty well when he wants.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I want the draft to get here already. Why the heck do I have to wait a month??

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I want the draft to get here already. Why the heck do I have to wait a month??

gotta space it out cause otherwise you're going april, may, june before training camp finally starts and then you spend another two months clenching your butthole hoping for no training camp/preseason game injuries

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://x.com/AlbertBreer/status/1767647308554891344?s=20

Lmao

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I absolutely love to see it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh my god Chicago Bear Bonix...

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rumours from Rich Eisen were that Chicago have basically already decided on Caleb and that the scuttlebutt around the league is Daniels over Maye at 2.

So who knows. Maybe Eberflus felt bad.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Alaois posted:

oh my god Chicago Bear Bonix...

Pretty sure they were more interested in who he was throwing to.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tyree posted:

Pretty sure they were more interested in who he was throwing to.

no they're drafting Bo no. 1 overall

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Bo (Nix) Knows

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Oh I'm sorry, that was me laughing that no GM bothered to show up to Bo Nix's proday lol.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dexo posted:

Oh I'm sorry, that was me laughing that no GM bothered to show up to Bo Nix's proday lol.

the man has 24 years of college game tape, surely they've all seen enough of him by now

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Alaois posted:

the man has 24 years of college game tape, surely they've all seen enough of him by now

Yeah but a lot of it is recent auburn game tape and even nfl gms aren’t paid enough for that

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Rumours from Rich Eisen were that Chicago have basically already decided on Caleb and that the scuttlebutt around the league is Daniels over Maye at 2.

So who knows. Maybe Eberflus felt bad.

I really like Daniels but he's probably not a long term solution at quarterback. 6'4" 205 getting hit by NFL pass rushers for 17 games doesn't spell longevity, and that's not even factoring in the open field hits.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Cash Monet posted:

I really like Daniels but he's probably not a long term solution at quarterback. 6'4" 205 getting hit by NFL pass rushers for 17 games doesn't spell longevity, and that's not even factoring in the open field hits.

Daniels weighed more than 205 this season and he’s likely going to be even heavier by his pro day. The rest is just teaching him not to invite contact. He’s fast enough to run to the edge or he can slide, the hard hits are when he’s running into contact.

He was also pretty durable playing in a conference with a lot of future NFL guys. The frame stuff is funny because Anthony Richardson is freakishly huge and gets hurt every third tackle, so I’m not really sure it’s all that meaningful unless you’re at the extremely light end.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Dexo posted:

it had to be a scheduling thing right? all the GMs/cosches were busy because of free agency? I'd be piiiiissed at my school if that happened to me

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Daniels weighed more than 205 this season and he’s likely going to be even heavier by his pro day. The rest is just teaching him not to invite contact.

is this a teachable skill? I know teams have tried before but I’m struggling to think of examples of guys who took bad hits/a lot of hits and eventually learned to take fewer/less impactful ones. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more common than I can recall but the only guys I can think of are Tua (results still pending) and, oddly, post-ACL Tom Brady. guys like Lamar take hits but not devastating ones, while players like Cam (and Josh Allen) never seem to figure it out. I’m hoping Richardson and Daniels can learn

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

indigi posted:

is this a teachable skill? I know teams have tried before but I’m struggling to think of examples of guys who took bad hits/a lot of hits and eventually learned to take fewer/less impactful ones. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more common than I can recall but the only guys I can think of are Tua (results still pending) and, oddly, post-ACL Tom Brady. guys like Lamar take hits but not devastating ones, while players like Cam (and Josh Allen) never seem to figure it out. I’m hoping Richardson and Daniels can learn

I've seen in it in other ball in hand football codes so you would think so.

Tua learned to fall better last offseason, which is legitimately a thing, guys have learned to slide as pros etc.

Cam didn't figure it out because he got thrashed outside of his running plays, refs let guys hit him late in the pocket and lead with their helmet literally every loving game. He was also averse to needles and surgery which undoubtedly shortened his career. He also had really dumb, unscientific opinions on nutrition which hurt over time.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

indigi posted:

The issue with Richardson is that he gets injured routine hits. He’s got a fragile body, there’s no coaching around that.

Daniels can avoid contact if he wants to, he’s got good spatial awareness, he just dives in head first trying to pick up more yards. It’s a conscious decision to play recklessly and can certainly be coached out of him. I think it’s fairly common for guys to learn early on that they need to get down rather than fight for an extra yard or two, it’s the guys who lack the spatial awareness to even realize they’re about to get blasted that get in trouble.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

BlindSite posted:

I've seen in it in other ball in hand football codes so you would think so.

Tua learned to fall better last offseason, which is legitimately a thing, guys have learned to slide as pros etc.

Cam didn't figure it out because he got thrashed outside of his running plays, refs let guys hit him late in the pocket and lead with their helmet literally every loving game. He was also averse to needles and surgery which undoubtedly shortened his career. He also had really dumb, unscientific opinions on nutrition which hurt over time.

What were his nutrition ideas?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dejan Bimble posted:

What were his nutrition ideas?

At one point he ate so much fish his mercury levels went through the roof because he tried being a pescatarian, then he tried to be a vegan and did raw food or some other stupidity while drinking and smoking cigars on the reg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

BlindSite posted:

At one point he ate so much fish his mercury levels went through the roof because he tried being a pescatarian, then he tried to be a vegan and did raw food or some other stupidity while drinking and smoking cigars on the reg.

that's amazing. like just ordering thousands of dollars of nigiri and feeling amazing before the mercury starts really adding up in your blood