Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Worf posted:

whats the deal with the spear? is it just to trick people into suiciding while it fails at locking on?

it seems like it could be pretty neat, i got it to lock on to a drop ship and blew it out of the sky but it seems to suck royal bot dong at locking in general

When it does lock on it is quite good.

If you can get a Bile titan to turn to you, you can reliable one shot them in the dome with the Spear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Triarii posted:

One thing you can do with the AC against dropships is to put a few rounds into the troops hanging underneath it as it flies in. You can pretty reliably kill all the small/medium stuff before they can detach.

Watching 4-6 atst's just drop from a fresh dropship is so satisfying

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Did manage to get into a game and complete the whole thing but stuff is still borked pretty good.

Picked up a medal and just stood there for a good 30 seconds while a brood queen sniffed my face Aliens 3 style.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

BadLlama posted:

Did manage to get into a game and complete the whole thing but stuff is still borked pretty good.

Picked up a medal and just stood there for a good 30 seconds while a brood queen sniffed my face Aliens 3 style.

Perfectly normal day in the corps, experiencing full body seizing after touching a medal

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Apparently the Exosuits can potentially blow themselves up if you aim too far to the right and fire a rocket because the rocket arm ends up pointed at the main body.

Oh my god that explains what happened. I called down the suit, got in it, turned, and blew myself up with the first shot.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah, you really don't want to be turning at all while firing the rocket in the mech, its extremely easy to murder yourself. Just gotta hold still while you let those off. That being said, they're really fun to use.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I don't really understand what the server problems are from this time. A bunch of people unlocking mechs all at once is enough to do this? The player count isn't even particularly high

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Tried to log on earlier and I couldn't, also couldn't skip the intro cut scene at all which was annoying. Finally got in later and I still haven't gotten the medals for the past two major orders. Did some quick missions and didn't get any medals for those either. Super fun.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah, you really don't want to be turning at all while firing the rocket in the mech, its extremely easy to murder yourself. Just gotta hold still while you let those off. That being said, they're really fun to use.

Or just remember to only turn left.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The servers hate democracy

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Sounds like the backend system that tracks player resources was overwhelmed by hundreds of thousands of people trying to spend resources on the mech at once and is still trying to dig itself out of that hole.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 8, 2024

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

That makes sense, given what players have reported about Exosuit fragility and ammo limits. It's clearly intended as a mobile long-range weapons platform, not a maneuverable vehicle to get in fistfights with.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

William Bear posted:

That makes sense, given what players have reported about Exosuit fragility and ammo limits. It's clearly intended as a mobile long-range weapons platform, not a maneuverable vehicle to get in fistfights with.

I don't feel like the minigun runs out that quickly. Especially since you can just squish the little bugs.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

definitely not getting rewards again.

still never got rewards for missions two weeks ago.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Triarii posted:

One thing you can do with the AC against dropships is to put a few rounds into the troops hanging underneath it as it flies in. You can pretty reliably kill all the small/medium stuff before they can detach.

You can splash grenade launcher rounds up into the underside of the ship and kill most of the trash enemies before they drop.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Also please do not run near someone piloting a mech, helldivers are also very squishable

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

My biggest disappointment with the exosuit so far is that the rockets seem useless at killing structures

Otherwise p strong. Can take out heavy targets from the front fairly quickly, just don't take a hit...

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Can the autocannon or recoilless rifle bring down a drop ship? Or is that just the realm of EAT & Spear?

grenade launcher can as well

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

i started actually focusing on specific charger legs with the flamethrower and lol @ people complaining about there not being any way to kill chargers anymore

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I regret logging out to see if logging back in fixed anything

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Play posted:

If the servers are bad now imagine what they'll be like when work is over on the west coast, and for this entire weekend. Ugly tidings

Yeah it's hard to understand the appeal of a game when you just bought it and can't loving play it. Pretty simple concept but you seem like a real salt of the earth kind of guy so maybe we're asking too much here

Yeah a game not having 100% uptime because of the amount of people using it doesn't really impact its level of Mass appeal I'm sorry but that's pretty obvious.

Games having an issue because of how popular it is, ergo there's nothing appealing about it

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

BadLlama posted:

When it does lock on it is quite good.

If you can get a Bile titan to turn to you, you can reliable one shot them in the dome with the Spear.

I played around with the spear a bit last night and had a good time doming stuff with it. Blew up a stratagem jammer by locking on to the fabricator next to it which was dope. But, it struggled close range vs hulks. If a hulk was too close and moving towards me, the shot ends up arcing over and landing behind it, but it seems like as long as youre a bit farther away that doesnt happen.

The lock on is weird and seems to be affected by angle and relative height, and one thing im not sure of is if other enemies in the locking reticule mess with the system. There are definitely times where it refuses to lock, or maddeningly goes almost all the way to green and then starts losing the lock.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I can't get any tickets to this movie it's sold out everywhere

Because of this fact I don't see the appeal

Lmao

E: sorry I'll make it more accurate

I bought a bunch of tickets to a movie that sold out and now I have to wait in line to get inside, I don't see the appeal of this movie

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I don't think you're both using the same turn of phrase although you're both using the word appeal

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I like to appeal oranges

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

out of all the overwrought supernames in the requisition list, my absolute favorite has to be Stars and Suffrage

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Worf posted:

Yeah a game not having 100% uptime because of the amount of people using it doesn't really impact its level of Mass appeal I'm sorry but that's pretty obvious.

Games having an issue because of how popular it is, ergo there's nothing appealing about it

Dude, I don't see the point of dickriding this hard. Game's good but people are justifiably annoyed that it keeps having base-level issues that prevent them from playing it. The devs aren't going to give you a special cape

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if there's even the slightest chance of special capes I am not missing out

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

If it weren't for my mech, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'm reminded of when WoW Classic launched and people were in eight hour queues to get in and create characters.

Mostly because I happened to be one of those people.

Still enjoyed the first couple weeks of that game.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Squashing Machine posted:

Dude, I don't see the point of dickriding this hard. Game's good but people are justifiably annoyed that it keeps having base-level issues that prevent them from playing it. The devs aren't going to give you a special cape

have you considered that people complaining about how a game is bad because it's so popular that it's effectively sold out is funny

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Here is my desire for this game

they start simulating defense contractors

each new item they add to the game just has a chance to gently caress up until it is called in 10 million times

woopsie doodles, your shield generator shocked you when it was recharging because a defense contractor skimped out somewhere

Oh nice new mech you got there, a shame it just blows up when you call it 20% of the time

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

turn off the TV posted:

have you considered that people complaining about how a game is bad because it's so popular that it's effectively sold out is funny

it is funny for this exact reason

I don't give a rat's rear end about people talking trash to the developers or like giving negative feedback about this game but I'm also going to talk trash about completely illogical feedback

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Third World Reagan posted:

I like to appeal oranges

ur appealing my apples :wink:

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I think it's just the frustration of the actual issues that seem to compound with every update and the foreknowledge that this is being worked into the next american mass murderer's manifesto.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

I'm reminded of when WoW Classic launched and people were in eight hour queues to get in and create characters.

Mostly because I happened to be one of those people.

Still enjoyed the first couple weeks of that game.

I remember when this happened with RIFT and the goons kept saying, it is only a 12 hour, 8 hour , 4 hour que, we are gonna be on the goon server lets go

Then I was like, how about I just play video game now

Then goons got upset and the guild imploded so stable people stable thoughts

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

imagine if they did give me a special cape, though. *swoons*

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

lol if you dont dickride freedom and democracy

Also yes not being able to play is frustrating.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

this is my mil defense contractor dream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj886Y9xGrU

Some dude with a lanyard back on super earth going man this is gonna be super expensive to fix, a shame about all those super deaths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

imagine if they did give me a special cape, though. *swoons*

Goons With Swoons