Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's your ideal number of buttons? I think three for me, main attack, CD attack, CD Buff is just about perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Just movement and nothing else.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Its pretty solid, I'm deathless since switching and mulching through the T90 monoliths. The only issue is clear feels really bad when Death Seal is down. Hungering Soul does great burst to big guys and bosses but Rip Blood is just very weak and takes multiple clicks to clear popcorn mobs. Am I missing something?

You're not, rip blood is mostly there for the spell damage buff. The build is one of those where you want to grab a bunch of enemies, hit death seal to kill them all, and then go around grabbing more more while it's on CD.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I like it when ARPGs just let me move across the map entirely via button press, no clicking required.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shadow dagger falconer is your guy here

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

LibrarianCroaker posted:

You're not, rip blood is mostly there for the spell damage buff. The build is one of those where you want to grab a bunch of enemies, hit death seal to kill them all, and then go around grabbing more more while it's on CD.

Ah ok, thanks. I guess I'll see how far I can push this and then decide if I want to try to move to another Lich build or reroll. There doesn't seem to be a lot of variety in the different set ups I've seen.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I love my one button falconer. Though weirdly I do want to try marksman next maybe. I love bow classes and it'll probably be too similar, too soon though. I don't even know what the other classes are yet since I knew I wanted to shoot bows and that was that, lol.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
the only button falconer needs is a numlock

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Erulisse posted:

the only button falconer needs is a numlock

I keep movement skill (AA) as my one button. Flying in a random direction would be annoying but would work I guess.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

I keep movement skill (AA) as my one button. Flying in a random direction would be annoying but would work I guess.

You don't every have any problems with this? How short is your cooldown? I said a couple pages ago I was playing a SD falconer but having your movement be your primary attack seems like it would make it harder to move quickly through monos than if you could use shift.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

I keep getting stuck under the map with shield rush and the only way to fix it seems to be to relog. Quite annoying

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

zoux posted:

You don't every have any problems with this? How short is your cooldown? I said a couple pages ago I was playing a SD falconer but having your movement be your primary attack seems like it would make it harder to move quickly through monos than if you could use shift.

I have dive bomb and decoy on numlock. I think I have the bird attack on right click, and smoke bomb and aerial assault on my other buttons. One button was a lie but that's the build name. Dive bomb is the big damage dealer, especially when you do it inside a smoke bomb. I only really use that on bosses since normal dive bomb is usually good enough. Aerial assault does decent damage but it's accessory compared to dive bomb. I never stop running basically and confirm isn't bad. A couple seconds but I've got it on my ring, belt, boots and maybe gloves (there's one that has it as an implicit I think).

E:I tried smoke bomb on numlock as well but I don't like it since it stops your movement and you don't really need it until big bads show up.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 8, 2024

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Noper Q posted:

The thing that killed me over and over in the Emperor of Corpses fight is the blood pools. They're hard to see under all the visual noise, what little effects they do create don't match up with how much damage they deal (when normally this game is very good at doing the "flashy attack means big damage incoming" thing), and they're at the far sides of the screen where you may not even be able to see them until you're teleporting away from the boss's big AoE and suddenly you're standing in a barely-visible damage field that kills you in a tenth of a second.

It's not the best design, is what I'm getting at.

I always love it when you hit the point where the bad circles never disappear so you have to guess if you're good or not.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

lmao this necro leveling guide think im ever gonna take Transplant off my bar... they're crazy.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

zoux posted:

Another thing about levelling falconer that I'm not sure is intended: my bird is a psycho? No amount of spilled blood will slake his thirst for violence?

its the best.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

zoux posted:

Another thing about levelling falconer that I'm not sure is intended: my bird is a psycho? No amount of spilled blood will slake his thirst for violence?

I named my falcon guy Petshop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUSwvnziYr0

I dont have a good frame of reference since it's my first character but it felt pretty strong all through the starter monoliths even before I respecced to the meta frost shadowblade/ward spam build

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
+

do i try for another removal on the t4 attunement or just slam it as is

e: it has to have 4 affixes im dumb

Twisc fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 9, 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can do at most two buttons besides left and right click

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Please fill up our potions after completing an echo without making us go to town and back.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Erulisse posted:

why's it not a single question though "do you liek to have FUN in a VIDIYA GAME"

It's the much more complicated question of "Are you personally offended when someone else has fun?"

Edit: Or the more explicit "Are the loudest, angriest people on reddit personally offended when someone else has fun?"

Mailer fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 9, 2024

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Finally playing through the campaign and I just noticed the teleporting bears are named "Jahith Bear", that's cool

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Is the DPS shown on skills pretty accurate to use as a way to determine if different gear pieces would work better?

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Finally playing through the campaign and I just noticed the teleporting bears are named "Jahith Bear", that's cool

Have a closer look at the glowy runes on their sides too lol

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Is the DPS shown on skills pretty accurate to use as a way to determine if different gear pieces would work better?

Dunno how accurate it is, but I use it as party of my gear comparison.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Suburban Dad posted:

It flies where the mouse is pointed at? That's what's great about this build and also what makes it so boring though.
It makes a 'point and click' into just 'point' game

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I can't believe I missed that.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is there benefit to going over 100% chance to apply ailments or shred stuff? i feel like the answer is yes since the affixes can go over 100%. maybe its like how warframe does it where each 100% is a guaranteed stack and in between is a chance for an extra stack?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah it's exactly that, stack 'em up.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Awesome! posted:

is there benefit to going over 100% chance to apply ailments or shred stuff? i feel like the answer is yes since the affixes can go over 100%. maybe its like how warframe does it where each 100% is a guaranteed stack and in between is a chance for an extra stack?

Extra ailments are warframe style. Get them stacks.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

cool thanks

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Please fill up our potions after completing an echo without making us go to town and back.

Where do you get potions in town?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Still getting pissed off about the monolith layout with the gate in the doorway that forces the enemy to go on a wander miles away so you get to go hunt for them. EHG need to stop listening to reddit balance whines and make moving that thing three feet north their top priority.

JonathonSpectre posted:

I was pretty surprised I needed a key to get in the dungeons. I found Lightless Arbor just running around exploring, and this cool little nymph told me I needed to help, and then gently caress you you need a key. Well, where do I get a key at level 20ish?

"Drops."

But I want to do the motherfucker right now! I just found it! It looks cool!

I posted the other day about finally finding a key and not wanting to gently caress it up but I haven't even been back because I just hit 50 and am finishing the campaign. Don't lock parts of your game away behind random drops, especially the first time through! Maybe the nymph who called on me to stop the big bad could... I don't know... just loving give me one of them? Felt bad. Not really bad, just weird. "Save the world! I mean, come back later and do it when you can, I guess..."

I do think it would be neat if at least the first couple of tiers were free entries or something, so first timers can have a go when they stumble in, and you could practice the one shot boss attacks, but still require keys to get the really good stuff (if they insist on sticking with keys at all, which I'm not convinced about).

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Depends pretty heavily on how fancy your build is. The more DoTs, triggers, debuffs, synergies, and other weird poo poo, the worse it will perform.

I'd definitely recommend taking stuff out for an echo or two to see how it feels if you're trying to swap things around.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Are there any tricks for leveling a second char faster, anything like diablo3’s hellfire rings or gem of ease?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Avalerion posted:

Are there any tricks for leveling a second char faster, anything like diablo3’s hellfire rings or gem of ease?

If you have a friend, they can powerlevel you in the arena pretty fast. Otherwise it's mostly just having good unique items to start with that make everything faster. You can also jump right into monoliths when you reach End of Time on your alts to go from ~20 to ~50 very fast, but then you kind of have to continue on with the campaign anyway to get your passives and idol slots.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

To elaborate a little on "good unique items", you can also take a unique with a low level requirement and some legendary potential and craft it into a legendary item without affecting the level requirement. So you get a useful unique and, hopefully, a tier 6 or 7 affix or two

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
are there any good marksman fast attack builds? like "turn my bow into a machine gun" style? just looking at the skill tree i'm not quite sure what you're supposed to do there

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Avalerion posted:

Go buy some lovely 2/3lp uniques and slap tier 21 or better exalted items on them. Turning them legendary won't change the item level requirement.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Suprfli6 posted:

If you have a friend, they can powerlevel you in the arena pretty fast. Otherwise it's mostly just having good unique items to start with that make everything faster. You can also jump right into monoliths when you reach End of Time on your alts to go from ~20 to ~50 very fast, but then you kind of have to continue on with the campaign anyway to get your passives and idol slots.
And without somebody else's assistance you need to get to chapter 9's town to get access to the services of your chosen faction. You can join them early on alts and get the passive effects of CoF or whatever it is the bazzar has just for being in it but you can't do prophecies or access the vendors or use the actual AH.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Any ideas on what I can use besides volatile reversal on a rive/HH paladin.

edit

trying Judgement out

euphronius fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

Any ideas on what I can use besides volatile reversal on a rive/HH paladin.

edit

trying Judgement out

Mandatory skill