Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

imagine if they did give me a special cape, though. *swoons*

I want mine to say "Insert Democracy Here" with a downward arrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

They would promise the special cape and then not deliver it based on my previous experiences with this game

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Worf posted:

lol @ the person that doesnt understand the appeal of a game that has so many people playing that the servers wont let them in

sour af

man that guy complaining is just an entitled piece of poo poo, if a game is popular you shouldn't expect to play it right after you buy it!

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The exo is rad, but what it really needs is a self-destruct button for when you've burned through all the ammo

e] eh, it's a fair complaint but it's also funny to laugh at

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
may I also remind you that the servers haven't been working correctly for the entire loving day

wait

game is popular guys, its alright!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Kawabata posted:

man that guy complaining is just an entitled piece of poo poo, if a game is popular you shouldn't expect to play it right after you buy it!

Conversely speaking to the appeal of something that you admittedly haven't experienced isn't exactly an enlightened position to talk from

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Q-sixtysix posted:

grenade launcher can as well

no poo poo, how many nades does this take?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Kawabata posted:

may I also remind you that the servers haven't been working correctly for the entire loving day

wait

game is popular guys, its alright!

I also didn't say it's all right

But I don't think that a game being popular enough that you have issues logging in is indicative of a reason that it shouldn't be appealing to people, when it's the appeal itself that's causing the issue

Let me know which part of that you find confusing

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I mean i get it.

But I'm also unbothered by not being able to play if servers or down / overloaded. These things happen.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Worf posted:

Yeah a game not having 100% uptime because of the amount of people using it doesn't really impact its level of Mass appeal I'm sorry but that's pretty obvious.

Games having an issue because of how popular it is, ergo there's nothing appealing about it

no one plays this game anymore, server queues are too long

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Worf posted:

Conversely speaking to the appeal of something that you admittedly haven't experienced isn't exactly an enlightened position to talk from

what are you even babbling about, I've been playing the entire evening without rewards, and with at least 3-4 game breaking bugs during each mission

still having a blast because the game is just that fun but LOL this doesnt mean that complaints aren't justified

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Worf posted:

They would promise the special cape and then not deliver it based on my previous experiences with this game

Or they'd deliver it but if you're playing in a party with someone on PS5 who has it equipped then throwing a grenade crashes your game

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Kawabata posted:

what are you even babbling about, I've been playing the entire evening without rewards, and with at least 3-4 game breaking bugs during each mission

still having a blast because the game is just that fun but LOL this doesnt mean that complaints aren't justified

The person that I'm even talking about literally has not played this game once

For clarity you are not that person

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

for real tho, i was very frustrated when i first got this game cause it was right at the peak of the huge server rush and issues

im glad i stuck with it cause its a great game, but i also understand anyone that thinks it really sucks cause it does feel awful to not be able to play

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Can you guys shut the gently caress up and stop turning this thread into /r/helldivers please

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Worf posted:

I also didn't say it's all right

But I don't think that a game being popular enough that you have issues logging in is indicative of a reason that it shouldn't be appealing to people, when it's the appeal itself that's causing the issue

Let me know which part of that you find confusing

youre making fun of people complaining about not being able to play the product they just bought

the server issues have been there for a whole month, they really should've done better by now

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Kawabata posted:

you don't need to be so combative about it regardless, you kinda just sound like an rear end in a top hat. Or worse, a dissident :commissar:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
While spreading liberty last night we had an automaton hulk run up to the landing zone.

The pelican helped out.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Worf posted:

A game I cannot play is unappealing, regardless of how popular it is

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think the game is good but I also find it very unappealing lately, since I can't always log in and when I do I don't get credit for anything I'm doing.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

you don't need to be so combative about it regardless, you kinda just sound like an rear end in a top hat. Or worse, a dissident :commissar:

On a side note, I haven't been able to suicide by shooting a rocket to myself while inside the mech as some goons were saying. Is that a real thing?

However it's super easy to repeatedly step on your own teammates :(

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

i think that it would be good if my team did not spend 15-20 minutes and 10 lives trying to get back 5 common samples that are on the other side of 3 or 4 bug breaches

Leal posted:

While spreading liberty last night we had an automaton hulk run up to the landing zone.

The pelican helped out.

just wait until one dies directly in the center of the pad and you get to wait for its corpse to despawn before the pelican lands

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Third World Reagan posted:

this is my mil defense contractor dream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj886Y9xGrU

Some dude with a lanyard back on super earth going man this is gonna be super expensive to fix, a shame about all those super deaths

The traitorous worms in the exosuit corps who were complaining about this have been summarily executed by being made to continue serving in the exosuit corps

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Kawabata posted:

On a side note, I haven't been able to suicide by shooting a rocket to myself while inside the mech as some goons were saying. Is that a real thing?

However it's super easy to repeatedly step on your own teammates :(

I think maybe I did this in my last game, but at the time I assumed the exo behind me hit me or a bug jumped in ffront of my rocket. The explosion ejected my corpse like 300 ft straight up, it was pretty cool.

Actually, exos need a nuclear self-destruct and an eject system

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

BadLlama posted:

Or just remember to only turn left.

This dude fuckin gets it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The mechs are fun af. Got in pretty quick, a few retries. They really balance the game out well since they can take out chargers with ease. Of course they won't always be free but they rock.

Mainly they are limited by ammo, at least with bugs

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Actually, exos need a nuclear self-destruct and an eject system

Titanfall ejection sequence except the hatch is in the back so you shoot out the back like a bullet

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Third World Reagan posted:

this is my mil defense contractor dream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj886Y9xGrU

Some dude with a lanyard back on super earth going man this is gonna be super expensive to fix, a shame about all those super deaths

Who cares if it worked or not? I had a guaranteed contract with the military! Renovation program! Spare parts for 25 years!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Kly posted:

if you right click youll exit the screen and can keep playing

What ps5 button is right click?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Give exosuits a self-destruct button but make all exosuits explode like a hellbomb no matter how their hp gets reduced to zero :getin:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Away all Goats posted:

Give exosuits a self-destruct button but make all exosuits explode like a hellbomb no matter how their hp gets reduced to zero :getin:

I’d take that risk/reward.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

I miss-read, agreed.

The solution to disconnects may be to just launch the mission by yourself? Had a bunch of people join a level 3 gently caress around mission and slowly but surely everyone dropped off except myself.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

out of all the overwrought supernames in the requisition list, my absolute favorite has to be Stars and Suffrage

I simply had to go with Spear of Family Values.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Helldrivers

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

quote:

Okay, so we broke it again. And then fixed it again. Three different spikes in traffic over the course of the day have been playing havoc with our server stability, but we're confident that it should be normalizing now and that players should be able to get into the game and earn rewards again. There is still a queue on the medals from previous major orders as well as on purchases of the Combat Mech and warbond items, so please retry if these purchases do not go through on your first attempt. Enjoy your weekend!

Good news if you're missing rewards.

I guess what really messed up the servers initially was having to grant the major order reward to the entire playerbase and deal with everyone mashing buy on the exosuit at the same moment.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 9, 2024

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Do you have to do the personal orders in one session? I had time to log in earlier today and got 3/6 secondary objectives, which was reflected on the counter in-game on my ship. I logged back on just now, a few hours later, planning to do the remaining half but my progress is back to 0.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Do you have to do the personal orders in one session? I had time to log in earlier today and got 3/6 secondary objectives, which was reflected on the counter in-game on my ship. I logged back on just now, a few hours later, planning to do the remaining half but my progress is back to 0.
I had TWO personally orders earlier, the titans one and 6 sub missions, with the same timer left. Peeking in just long enough to buy the mech with all my Req, titans was gone and it was only the secondary.

You do not have to do them in one session, normally. But things seem to be wonky with orders on top of all the server shenanigans now.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Section Z posted:

I had TWO personally orders earlier, the titans one and 6 sub missions, with the same timer left. Peeking in just long enough to buy the mech with all my Req, titans was gone and it was only the secondary.

You do not have to do them in one session, normally. But things seem to be wonky with orders on top of all the server shenanigans now.

Yeah I figured that might be the case, oh well!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Welcome to Hellodivers, Friendly Company. We do things a little different in this camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I'm starting to suspect people iit might be upset about the server issues!!

Joking aside tho I came in here to comment about how shocked I am by the level of overwhelming and histrionic toxicity being directed toward the devs over a single balance patch. We've had lots of (game)bugs and quite a lot of server issues, but people haven't lost their minds anywhere close to how much being told that the difficulties named things such as "SUICIDE" and "IMPOSSIBLE" were intended to mean what they said. Have people like, ever played another video game before?? Every youtube video I see about the game has the comments just flooded with rants about the balance patch. And equipment wise, breaker and RR weren't even nerfed that hard either. It's just buck wild to me which hill people are coming out in droves to die on, and how truly insufferable they are while doing it.

I see cool interactions like this from the CEO/devs

And I wonder how people can be such colossal dipshits to devs who seem to genuinely care about their game, when so many developers just dump their game out half finished and go silent for months. I don't want to come off as white knighting. I'm annoyed I can't play the game when I want to. Game has been kinda a mess. I am just genuinely disappointed in others though.