Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I enjoyed the new gameplay style in Arceus, but I very much hope Zygarde doesn't want me to catch a bunch of multiples of the same Pokemon. I don't remember, did Arceus have an auto-battle feature like S/V? "Go out and beat up 10 Bidoofs" is a lot less tedious than catching 10 of them, as long as there's auto-battle, and it doesn't use up resources then require you to piss around a bunch of time releasing them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Diet Poison posted:

I enjoyed the new gameplay style in Arceus, but I very much hope Zygarde doesn't want me to catch a bunch of multiples of the same Pokemon. I don't remember, did Arceus have an auto-battle feature like S/V? "Go out and beat up 10 Bidoofs" is a lot less tedious than catching 10 of them, as long as there's auto-battle, and it doesn't use up resources then require you to piss around a bunch of time releasing them all.

No if you had a pokemon out when a wild guy got passed you were pulled into a normal battle.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
no battle capture AND auto battle is the loving dream (for this gamer)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://x.com/stealth40k/status/1764847022006215116?s=46

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"Did you know 13 years was a long time ago?" says company making an ad for a videogame system that is currently 7 years old.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I started getting hacked shinies in Surprise Trade that are EV trained. Seems ironic since I wouldn't use them in competition.

Also got 2 H. Zorua in love balls with the same OT, but through different traders, within a few minutes of each other.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1765308970678284678

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/PokeMikuVOLTAGE/status/1765671250100359604

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://youtu.be/Wkrs11bLvpo

Hey! Boogie woogie bang bang
Let's Go! Buddy buddy boom boom

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Deeters posted:

I started getting hacked shinies in Surprise Trade that are EV trained. Seems ironic since I wouldn't use them in competition.

Yeah this is fine on ladder but would get you DQ’d from a regional, and I wouldn’t risk it in a Premier Challenge or GC. Might make some lil kid’s day though and they could be good breeding fodder if they’re 6IV like my random HSamurott lol

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/AstroInfinite_/status/1765798698389225719

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
If anyone needs help with the Blastoise raid my support blissey is good to go!

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Pretzel Rod Serling posted:

Yeah this is fine on ladder but would get you DQ’d from a regional, and I wouldn’t risk it in a Premier Challenge or GC. Might make some lil kid’s day though and they could be good breeding fodder if they’re 6IV like my random HSamurott lol

Eh, depends on if whatever rando generated them did it right, which is to say you're probably correct lol.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/PokeMikuVOLTAGE/status/1766033635877216632

:allears:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I don't have a fire tera Vaporeon so I struggled a bit finding a good pick to take on tera raid Blastoise. Settled on a Gastrodon with Storm Drain which was great, ground tera type. Amnesia a few times for defense, Mud Slap to build tera charge, Earth Power from then on. Shell Bell item for more survivability. Don't think I could have solo'd it but I matched into some other good pokemon and at least survived and contributed.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

If I’m interpreting this correctly, apparently Horizons is going to do some kind of crossover with GO:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ljj_jXiVACs

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I have a Fighting tera Gholdengo with Light Screen, Shadow Ball, Nasty Plot and Focus Miss and frankly its performance has been extremely mediocre but the Blastoise is easy enough that with halfway competent teammates it usually gets through.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I am not a person that wants to use legendaries on their teams or in raids, but this was too fun to pass up:
Walking Wake was a nice change of pace for me for these 7-star tera raids. You will fit all the niches needed in any Blastoise-raiding party to win and won't die like other chump options, but also wont deal supereffective dmg and steal the spotlight

FOR STEEL-TERA BLASTOISE RAIDS:
Walking Wake (lvl 100, max HP EVs, rest in SpATK and SpDEF), Water Tera
Metronome item (repeating attacks accumulates bonus power)
Protosynthesis ability (boosts highest stat [SpATK for us] in Sun)
Moves:
Hydro Steam (signature water move that gets boost in Sun instead of 1/2 damage)
Snarl (start w/2 of these)
Sunny Day
Wildcard (I brought Dragon Cheer to use on Turn3. Gallades LOVE this)

with all the compounded multipliers Walking Wake gets in the Sun plus mounting dmg from the Metronome held item, your Water-Tera Hydro Steams start pounding away thru the Steel Blastoise's defenses.

Bonus note: Crashing Walking Wake is SO HUGE! Bigger than the -raidons. Whenever I took it out to picnic I wanted to ride on its back, take it for a lil swim and a climb. fun monster-friend design 10/10

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I just used my normal tera raid iron hands lol.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

the unabonger posted:

I just used my normal tera raid iron hands lol.
a good pick, if you don't care about playing support! I haven't trained one of those yet - again I prefer to avoid the super-common meta-picks like legendaries, and that particular paradox mon is kinda similar in how commonly it is found in the online Tera raids.
I DO have a shiny Huge Power Azumarill, tho (Peanut Bunner)! I keep trying to retire it to make room for more support-mons in my Tera-raider box, but I just can't deny that big punches = big life...

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Lux Anima posted:

a good pick, if you don't care about playing support! I haven't trained one of those yet - again I prefer to avoid the super-common meta-picks like legendaries, and that particular paradox mon is kinda similar in how commonly it is found in the online Tera raids.
I DO have a shiny Huge Power Azumarill, tho (Peanut Bunner)! I keep trying to retire it to make room for more support-mons in my Tera-raider box, but I just can't deny that big punches = big life...

When it's ev trained in HP and Attack it absolutely dunks on tera raids, especially when you've got drain punch and give it a metronome.

Also for support I suggest blissey as a special wall and for a more low-key physical wall, cloyster.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/PokeMikuVOLTAGE/status/1766398314847838444

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABQvefYR9ec

Eve ftw

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/PokeMikuVOLTAGE/status/1766413368997585329

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

If I’m interpreting this correctly, apparently Horizons is going to do some kind of crossover with GO:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ljj_jXiVACs

That started on Tuesday. Taking photos on Go gives you photobombs with Liko & Sprigatito, Roy & Fuecoco, Friede & Cap or Friede & Charizard, with the Pokemon in it appearing in the wild afterwards. Also, Captain Pikachu appear in the wild (though they aren't Cap according to this video but Pikachu that, coincidentally, decided to wear the same hat and take the same attitude as him) and Charcadet appear from every single egg (when you aren't me, the unluckiest man in the world, who can't get any to hatch and only gets 10 KM eggs from Pokestops).

There's also a special timed research you can get with the code CAPTAINPIKACHU which gives you a bunch of Poke Balls, some other items, and a Captain Pikachu.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Neat, also the first 5 chapters of the SV manga are up on Mangadex if anyone hasn’t checked it out yet. Seems fun so far (apparently the male MC will be tackling the Arven and Team Star plots while the girl will be doing the Nemona/gym challenge one. Also the former has a Rotomdex with a mustache and the personality of his family butler)

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

https://twitter.com/Alola_Family/status/1766357762898862092

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

These subs using Staraptor's Japanese name, but they still gonna use "Forme Change"

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

In X do you ever face your friend who has the type that is strong vs your starter?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ulio posted:

In X do you ever face your friend who has the type that is strong vs your starter?

I believe the MC you don’t choose at the start will have it, yes (and you fight them and your other friends a few times over the course of the game)

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Got a rock ruff that Google translate says in named ""one?,. I have no idea if that's correct.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Deeters posted:

Got a rock ruff that Google translate says in named ""one?,. I have no idea if that's correct.

I think those first symbols are Japanese punctuation for either quotation marks or just brackets, then yeah, the kanji for "one", (e: or just a dash lol) then more punctuation.
Either it's a joke you need to know Japanese to understand, or it's the equivalent of naming it {f4<v,x@.

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Likes writing desks but isn't like one.

Deeters posted:

In Japan, the generic dog sound is "wan", which sounds exactly like the English "one". So your little fella's name might be better understood as "bark".

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Electric Phantasm posted:

These subs using Staraptor's Japanese name, but they still gonna use "Forme Change"

I mean...he also literally says 'forme change' (and later "good boy" in English while petting that sharpedo without inflicting contact damage on himself)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Pokemon anime subs have ALWAYS used the Japanese names for the titular creatures for some reason (even back in the Ash days)

Speaking of, it’s still kind of weird we don’t have an official subbed release despite a few of the shows being on Netflix (I think the only exceptions were the remake of the first movie, Concierge, and maybe a couple shorts here and there)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 9, 2024

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

My guess it’s that for the same reason they replace all the music (to not have to pay for it and also sell the awful dub music to the non-English dubs).

It is very, very annoying. In TYOOL 2024 there should absolutely be official access to all of the anime uncut and bilingual (even if episodes from the broadcast days would have to be separate uploads due to different video tracks).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

My guess it’s that for the same reason they replace all the music (to not have to pay for it and also sell the awful dub music to the non-English dubs).

It is very, very annoying. In TYOOL 2024 there should absolutely be official access to all of the anime uncut and bilingual (even if episodes from the broadcast days would have to be separate uploads due to different video tracks).

Does the Horizons dub still change the music or did they finally do away with that weird philosophy (you’d think that would have stopped after the series left 4Kids’ hands)?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Ravenson posted:

In Japan, the generic dog sound is "wan", which sounds exactly like the English "one". So your little fella's name might be better understood as "bark".

Cool, I was figuring it was something that needed a more thoughtful translation. Thanks!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Larryb posted:

Does the Horizons dub still change the music or did they finally do away with that weird philosophy (you’d think that would have stopped after the series left 4Kids’ hands)?

idk about Horizons but they were as of Journeys so I doubt they will have changed their tune.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I did read that the Horizons dub is now officially a union production (which is awesome!!) but I’m not sure changes there would also lead to changes in terms of music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, apparently Horizons officially hit Netflix in the US just a few days ago (though it’s been airing in the UK for a little while now)