Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Fortaleza posted:

iirc super saiyans are blonde precisely so that Toriyama didn't have to keep inking in all that hair lol

sorta - he didn't pick blonde exactly, that was actually the anime iirc lol. you have one episode where it's a pretty glowing gold, and the very next has it blonde and not glowing.

toriyama ftw. never brought cell back bc he was a pain in the rear end to draw

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

pandy fackler has a new favorite as of 06:26 on Mar 22, 2024

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Don't even need the jrpg qualifier, it's pretty drat flawless

Dragon quest 11 is a 100 hour game where my biggest complaint is that it isn’t longer

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

didn't rhe riven erp rape game take forever to get called out as well lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Dongicus posted:

4 separate threads

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
what on earth is going on at lets play lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
what the gently caress Dragons Dogma 2?

"let's put youtubers into our games" was a Yakuza specific thing not a general aspiration

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Wot happened?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

pentyne posted:

"let's put youtubers into our games" was a Yakuza specific thing not a general aspiration

Enjoying the contrast between anime cat-creature, guy who used a camera filter, and two people who look like they're taking headshots for the website of their marketing firm

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
ack

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Gamers rise up

quote:

Krysta: TODAY! My pawn is here to bring chaos energy to all your adventures. Let's gooooo!

quote:

Maximilian:The original Dragon's Dogma offered one of the most unique adventures we experienced back when it came out. I'm looking forward to Dragon's Dogma 2 and how it can surpase that scale, combat and sense of accomplishment.

quote:

Snuffy: Hey I’m Snuffy! My pawn will have the deadliest ability known to the realm!

quote:

FightinCowboy: Every party needs a carry, lucky for you I do a lot of lifting.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

i'm so glad i don't know who any of those people are

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

This is what happens when LP becomes more than a pseudo hobby

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

pentyne posted:

I only know Maximilian because he looks like every manager I had at my music store job

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Wot happened?

Let's Play is losing their mind and wants to kill me.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

I only know Maximilian Dood because of Matt McMuscles sometimes bringing him on for specific commentary, but he didn't strike me as someone who could or would be a good voice actor.

Like, I hate this trend a lot but I also kinda want to see what Max0r or Ssethzeentach could pull off with professional audio direction.

Good luck getting a hold of Sseth though, he is surrounded at all times by the many members of the merchants guild.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

They play games and show them to other people. At least I hope this is what's going on in there.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they're just pawns that those people created they're not actually putting the people themselves in the game lol

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

they're just pawns that those people created they're not actually putting the people themselves in the game lol

I don't know enough about Dragon's Dogma to differentiate and was too trusting, the fool that I am

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

they should put Fred in the game. well bye

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
yeah the official pawns are just, these mildly internet famous people made pawns using the same system every player gets and then theyre dumped in the game the same way as the game generated npc ones. except they have a different name color lol. so its not that mildly annoying fgc guy maximillian dood is in the game, its you get to throw his computer guy off a cliff if you want

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

symbolic posted:

they should put Fred in the game. well bye

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
also everyone in this thread whos been saying ignorant crap about dragons dogma 2, youre officially on notice. dont let me catch you again

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dongicus posted:

the real comedy was

- it only actually got called out because one of the people involved became an admin, and
- someone kramered into the thread to yell that it was their riven rape rp, the admin was just helping run it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

symbolic posted:

they should put Fred DSP in the game. well bye

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

the real comedy was

- it only actually got called out because one of the people involved became an admin, and
- someone kramered into the thread to yell that it was their riven rape rp, the admin was just helping run it

One of the other participants also felt the need to accuse Bees, the person calling it out, of harvesting private communications as well.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
the only LP guy I know of is slowbeef and honestly it's remarkable he wound up so well adjusted

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

glad someone said it

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

If I recall the riven rape rpgs started off as mafia games which makes it even stranger

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

The Saddest Rhino posted:

If I recall the riven rape rpgs started off as mafia games which makes it even stranger

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to rape in riven: the sequel to Myst

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I know fragments of this history and it's all completely bananas. (Short version: people really invested in Mafia kept making games that required more and more time investment and more and more RP components, some people involved were creeps, everything developed exactly how you'd think)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dongicus posted:

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to rape in riven: the sequel to Myst

All I remember about Riven is the dinosaur and the monorail system that made you swap discs at random. I never got very far because I'd rather play Red Alert 2

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

All I remember about Riven is the dinosaur and the monorail system that made you swap discs at random. I never got very far because I'd rather play Red Alert 2

I was always really bad at RTS games but computer magazines made RA2 look hype as gently caress.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I was always really bad at RTS games but computer magazines made RA2 look hype as gently caress.

good news comrade https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/39394/Command__Conquer_The_Ultimate_Collection/

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Dongicus posted:

you said I'm rapey, I just wanna know how... rapey like a clown?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Good lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

yeah lol this just wordlessly happened the other day so the most cope game journalists of all time are saying its a sign a new one is coming (which i dont believe but i would love if true lol)