Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Shocked, until now I thought he was such a moral and upstanding guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is that the first time Ariel has asked anybody about Vince?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

goddamn riddle is a piece of loving garbage in pretty much every possible way. almost impressive.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Critical posted:

goddamn riddle is a piece of loving garbage in pretty much every possible way. almost impressive.

I don't think people know how big of a piece of poo poo he was on the indies either.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

That's about what I would expect from riddle

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think people know how big of a piece of poo poo he was on the indies either.

One of the things I always think of with Riddle is that I'm the exact opposite of an insider and me and all my friends who went to indies still knew Riddle was a problem and used the road to cheat on his wife. Such a weird open secret at the time, just a garbage dude.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

One of the things I always think of with Riddle is that I'm the exact opposite of an insider and me and all my friends who went to indies still knew Riddle was a problem and used the road to cheat on his wife. Such a weird open secret at the time, just a garbage dude.

Seeing promoters talk about what a good dad he was because he had his kids on the road with him was infuriating because everyone knew his wife made him take his family on the road with him later on because it made him harder to cheat/get drugs/rides/more from fans. That era of "wrestlers are your friends" indie stars was so scummy.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I feel like a ton of wrestlers sleep around on the road. not to defend Matt riddle, he is a piece of poo poo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I feel like a ton of wrestlers sleep around on the road. not to defend Matt riddle, he is a piece of poo poo.

Lots of wrestlers sleep around, some wrestlers get pills from fans, not as many do both and build up a reputation of being a creep.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It’s very much an “if only it stopped there” situation

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
To make this a little bit more relevant let's not forget Drake Wuertz Candy Cartwright's NXT booking:

quote:

“Samantha[,] I regret to inform you that we will have to cancel your booking for this Wednesday[,] February 5th[,] as well as March 4th,” wrote NXT Extra Talent Liaison Drake Wuertz in an email that was submitted as part of an evidence packet for the hearing that had been scheduled to adjudicate Riddle’s request for a restraining order. (The one that was cancelled when Riddle dropped the case 36 hours out.) “Apparently[,] there were some past issues I wasn’t aware of with you and one of our talent that would not make for an ideal work environment. Good luck to you in your career.”
https://babyfacevheel.substack.com/p/email-shows-wwe-cancelled-candy-cartwright

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Also in the Helwani interview, Riddle conceded that Vince's settlements, NDAs, and texts were red flags that he's guilty.

Riddle, of course, settled the sexual assault lawsuit that Candy Cartwright filed against him. Technically speaking, in the official court record, she filed for a dismissal with prejudice, meaning she couldn't refile. Obviously, there's no real reason for her to dismiss with prejudice unless she got a settlement, but if there was any doubt, Dave Meltzer, who clearly gets fed a lot of stuff from the Riddle camp, reported last year that there was a settlement. YMMV as to if there's also an NDA, but if there's a settlement, her lawyer's statement was “The parties have put this in their past and are focused on the future," and she basically disappeared from social media to live a non-wrestling life. What does that tell you? Even if Riddle claimed in the interview that he's never been party to an NDA.

As for texts...he hasn't texted anything close to the level of Vince's poo poo about wanting to see his literal sex slave gang-raped by three Black men, at least that I've seen. But I've also seen texts that directly contradict other things he said in the interview. Like how he makes a reference to Daniella (Sunglass Hut employee with two kids) and claims he thought they "were just having a good time" even though he love bombed the ever-loving poo poo out of her.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Riddle knows all about false accusations, but only when he's the accuser

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Riddle is a rapist piece of garbage. Throw him in with Vince, Flair, Laurenitis and the rest.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I give a lot of credit to anyone who is willing to listen to an hour long Matt riddle interview

The brief clips I have heard from this sound like the infamous asuka scooter promo, like nails on a chalkboard for me

johncraig
Jul 26, 2023
bix has been excitedly transcribing it on x

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

johncraig posted:

bix has been excitedly transcribing it on x

Our first epic re-reg guy of the thread.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

It was about time

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Intruder posted:

Riddle knows all about false accusations, but only when he's the accuser
More people need to point this out.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

someone should put Matt Riddle in a hospital.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Something that should have been more important at the time:

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1007355593919811584

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What could possibly be the problem with a trusted person in an authority role who also happens to be in a sexual relationship with someone he would have had a not-insignificant amount of power over?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

drat it just keeps happening

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
wwe female wrestler: doc i missed my period

amman: hands her a z-pac

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

C. Everett Koop posted:

wwe female wrestler: doc i missed my period

amman: hands her a z-pac

Christ

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Well, I and several others got our FOIA responses about Ashley Massaro on Friday evening:
https://twitter.com/BabyfacevHeel/status/1764062332261474429
Since this thread is what it is, I probably don't need to go full trigger warning, but the big takeaways are:

* The only person who they interviewed who remembered Ashley at all was the Physician Assistant listed on her medical record as having treated her. He recalled a surprising amount of detail, but a couple things jump out, and they're pretty significant. One is that someone else working at the military clinic remarked that she was high, but even having been told this and noticed himself that she was drowsy, he still gave her a pelvic exam. (He said she was complaining of abdominal and pelvic pain.) He said she consented, and the NCIS file doesn't connect these dots, but since he admitted he had good reason to believe she was intoxicated, she may have been unable to consent. This re-contextualizes WWE claiming in court in 2016 that she had been heard complaining of an inappropriate pelvic after getting back from Kuwait.

* The treating PA corroborated something pretty significant from Ashley's affidavit: That a panicked Gary Davis (WWE head of PR) started banging on the exam room door asking Ashley if she was OK. This jumps out in large part because it's one of two things that someone who wasn't in the room (Davis) could corroborate about what went on in the room. (The other being Davis finding her naked and wrapped in a quilt.)

* The officer in charge of the clinic refused to answer any questions, even with a lawyer present and even with the questions submitted in writing.

* Ashley's medical record listed her as being treated 90 minutes away from where she actually was. Who knows why?

Anyway, there's a lot more in the article, including how comments from a medical ethics professor about the pelvic exam issue. So please read the whole thing when you get a chance. Especially since the others who have posted anything about it on wrestling sites so far have done such a lovely job.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Christ, I hope the people that drugged her get outed too. loving animals.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlQqvnbvKx0

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/1766071618013663654

quote:

Lots of change afloat and personally, I’ll be glad when the winds have swept that change on through. I’m tired of it. It’s embarrassing in a lot of ways that it’s happened this way. It’s affected a lot of innocent people. That’s my take on it. I might be wrong but, it’s time to move on. It’s time to move on and cause some rest and peace for some people and it’s time to move on in my opinion, and I just never believed that Vince (McMahon) would allow his company to get this out of control and it has and I feel badly about that because I know how much the WWE meant to him. I’m sure it still does to some degree. So, anyway, it’s time. Let’s go. Let’s move on. Let’s rewind it and cast the hook in the water one more time and see if we can catch something more positive.

Well, it’ll affect it (Vince McMahon’s legacy in wrestling) to some degree but, it won’t be earth-shattering. It won’t be a big seismic, graphic change, because he’s still Vince McMahon and he’s still built this amazing company that many of us in different forms of pro wrestling are still celebrating, and still playing off of. I just think it’s time for all of us to move on and find happier days and build from there. But you’ll never be able to take away from what Vince built and how he’s helped a lot of people. I mean a lot of guys that are making a living in pro wrestling right now can look at it anyway they choose but if they’re being realistic, they look in the mirror and see Vince McMahon staring them right in the face because he was the catalyst that created a lot of this change and the incomes going up and all those things so, I just wish it was over. I just wish we were moved on and all these issues are settled and we have moved on to happier days, because I think that’s what the business and the world needs is happier days and still get that with the old WWE memories, at least I do. I’m very thankful I had the chance to work there. I’m even more thankful I have a chance to work for Tony Khan now at AEW. So, it’s all good man, it’s all good. We have to build on the positives and that’s what I’m trying to do at my stage of life and my health situation. It’s important for me to build on the positives and that’s what I’m trying to do.

Well if the man who was head of WWE talent relations before Johnny Ace says we should move on...

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
It won't be earth-shattering, in the same way that people still think fondly of OJ as a running back and actor first and foremost.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/1766071618013663654

Well if the man who was head of WWE talent relations before Johnny Ace says we should move on...

Wow that is an intensely lovely non-answer, JR

Tbh I did not expect a good answer from him but that is a really bad one

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Sounds like JR doesn't want people to find out about how he, too, could be complicit.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

There's no way someone that close to Vince doesn't know some poo poo.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Jim Ross knew.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

rndmnmbr posted:

Jim Ross knew.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

gently caress off Jim

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Vince also hated JR so maybe hes was somehow totally oblivious to the various in the open crimes that occurred the entire time that JR was employed in the wrestling business

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

rotinaj posted:

Wow that is an intensely lovely non-answer, JR

Tbh I did not expect a good answer from him but that is a really bad one

That isn't a non-answer. That's "gently caress you, leave Vince and the WWE alone, I liked it there, move on move on who cares" answer. There's nothing non-subtle or non-answer about it. John Cena looks like a skilled diplomat in comparison to that answer. That is seriously an answer that should get him canned from AEW. He's one step away from loving endorsing Vince.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Wonder why he doesn’t want people looking into horrible sex crimes that were happening all around him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
One thing a lot of the old guys from inside WWE will never be able to separate from Vince is paying for Paul Bearer's heart surgery so they'll always look upon him with some degree of fondness even if he treated them like poo poo and was monstrous in so many ways.