Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it's worth it for RA2 alone, which is what I bought it for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Finishing up chapter 11 in Rebirth and game remains goated as hell.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

LazyMaybe posted:

the only LP guy I know of is slowbeef and honestly it's remarkable he wound up so well adjusted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlegTHQkmlA

I don't know about that

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

id say ra2, tiberian sun, and tiberium wars are the big standouts here. ra3 is pretty good too but id put it a tier down. any single one of those games would be worth it for $9 (i bought tiberium wars for like $15 awhile ago lol) and then you just get a bunch of poo poo on top of it. crazy deal.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
But C&C Generals is like insanely racist though.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

id say ra2, tiberian sun, and tiberium wars are the big standouts here. ra3 is pretty good too but id put it a tier down. any single one of those games would be worth it for $9 (i bought tiberium wars for like $15 awhile ago lol) and then you just get a bunch of poo poo on top of it. crazy deal.

Yeah Tiberian Sun was cool. Lot of memories cementing the ground of my base to prevent hunter seeker drones

I never played Renegade either might be fun to fart around in too

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
s tier: ra2, tibsun
a tier: ra3, generals
b tier: ra1, c&c
who cares: everything else

i couldnt get ra2 to work the other week and i didnt want to buy on origin or whatever so im ready to replay everything

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

pentyne posted:

But C&C Generals is like insanely racist though.

AK47s for everybody!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

december 31 1999 at midnight: i was playing command and conquer: tiberian sun

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It is, and getting C&C Generals on top is just insane value

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
lol ff7 remake's hell house tonberry trio on hard is an all-timer crank im never ready for it

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol every other mangaka: my job is hell... i work all week i never get to see my family

toriyama: lol just do it on the last day and turn it in at the last possible minute dude
The best cartoonists all have the work ethic of your average college student.

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

yeah lol this just wordlessly happened the other day so the most cope game journalists of all time are saying its a sign a new one is coming (which i dont believe but i would love if true lol)
I'd say it's unlikely because Jim the EA producer who made the HD version of the first games happen (and pushed to get the C&C stuff included in this drop of old EA games on Steam) is involved with a Star Wars strategy game at the moment.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Building my base to the tune of Hell March ftw

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I'm a few pages late to the Akira Toriyama discussion but I just wanted to say Frieza was such a loving cool design and gave me a lifelong appreciation for vaguely queer-feeling villains

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Saddest Rhino posted:

If I recall the riven rape rpgs started off as mafia games which makes it even stranger

There were two different terrible RPGs. One was a Riven-based thing that ultimately involved torture at some point. The one that caused 99% of the QCS drama was some weird thing I forget the name of (Infinite Magic something-or-other?) that wasn't really related to Myst or anything else but involved a character building sexbots of other characters.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

ra2 is one of my fave games ever. it's so loving good

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Oh poo poo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Radia posted:

ra2 is one of my fave games ever. it's so loving good

Yup. It was also the first game I could beat my older sister at

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Whenever I played multiplayer tiberian sun my friend would always include a harvester full of tiberium in any wave he sent so even if I fended him off, now there's tiberium all up in my poo poo that prevents me from expanding

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I watched a C&C lore video one time when I was bored and that poo poo is so awesomely wild when you get it all strung together.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Helldivers 2, Unicorn Overlord, all the C&C games releasing... too many good games to play

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

MarcusSA posted:

I watched a C&C lore video one time when I was bored and that poo poo is so awesomely wild when you get it all strung together.

im disappointed they never fully tied together the red alert and tiberium universes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm still amused that GDI and Nod are pretty blatantly GI Joe and Cobra.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

lobster shirt posted:

im disappointed they never fully tied together the red alert and tiberium universes

If they did they wouldn't have been able to get as loving stupid with time travel, so I can see why.

Red alert is so goddamn stupid I love it so much

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yuri's Revenge was mindblowing (:dadjoke:) that was the first expansion pack I'd gotten so to me they just welded an entire other game onto a game I already loved

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

They're alternate timelines, technically. But yeah it woulda been cool as gently caress for Kane to show up in ra3 or something

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Leal posted:

Helldivers 2, Unicorn Overlord, all the C&C games releasing... too many good games to play

i am playing Illusion of Gaia

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Danaru posted:

Yuri's Revenge was mindblowing (:dadjoke:) that was the first expansion pack I'd gotten so to me they just welded an entire other game onto a game I already loved

I think the first expansion pack I ever got was Half Life Opposing Force. Which also kicked rear end and might be the only good thing Randy Pitchford has ever made

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

RA2's voxel style allows for some really cool designs in modern mods too for vehicles. Tremendous amount of awesome stuff out there. Def an all time great.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Fajita Queen posted:

They're alternate timelines, technically. But yeah it woulda been cool as gently caress for Kane to show up in ra3 or something

I heard one Red Alert game ends with Kane showing up as strange meteor showers start happening, though that might have been an unmade ending.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the soviet campaign for ra1 ending is the lady general kills stalin and then kane walks in to say good job thanks

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Einstein should have gone back and Chronosphere'd Stalin's stupid rear end too, we've already hosed the timeline let's play god bitch

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

Id server expatriate late to the TDI roast, but man, if I had a nickel for every Discord server I was in where a pathological liar was masquerading as a Japanese lesbian I'd have 2 nickels.

Dunno if I should be shocked that I have 2 or shocked that I only have 2.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

a badass westwood rts was emperor battle for dune. some insane overacting in the cutscenes. also starring michael dorn as duke atreides.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

lobster shirt posted:

a badass westwood rts was emperor battle for dune. some insane overacting in the cutscenes. also starring michael dorn as duke atreides.

That game ruled because you could move your base somewhere else and the enemy AI was too rudimentary to figure it out, so they'd keep parking units where your base is supposed to be lmao

Westwood my beloved :smith:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

IIRC, early C&C is blatantly Dune II with a not-GI Joe reskin, with Tiberium instead of spice complete with the mobile harvesters.

I was never any good at them but the golden age of RTS was really great, they seemed to lend themselves to great epic stories with wild overacting. Mostly remembering Age of Empires being some fun edutainment.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zeikier posted:

Id server expatriate late to the TDI roast, but man, if I had a nickel for every Discord server I was in where a pathological liar was masquerading as a Japanese lesbian I'd have 2 nickels.

Dunno if I should be shocked that I have 2 or shocked that I only have 2.

Intredasting.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

CnC on Sega Saturn was my intro to series. Finding out you could save your game years later on PC was shocking

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

lobster shirt posted:

“many new machines on Ix” is a line that’s forever in my brain even though I hated the Ix

I always played Atreides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
there are only two youtubers that need to be in a yakuza game DSP and Mike Matei