Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Great screenshot for the tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

the rock sat him down to teach him promos but everything in the rock's book is just different ways to be homophobic

for real, this poo poo sucks tho. we're really doing "haha look at how this guy dresses, what a f**" in 2024? (i can say it i choose not to in this moment)

hope cody's story is really really good, it seems kind of not but hey what do i know i dont watch that poo poo anymore

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

cinema

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheEnemiesPE3/status/1766299291776086387

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

God ppl are fuckin stupid

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/MandaLHuber/status/1766302744497840354

What. Just. Happened.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Why do people want wrestling to be a movie so bad?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This poo poo is seriously for people traumatic brain injuries.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Get it? They're slapping like on the dueling shirts. Do you get it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
the heckin slapperino

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

TheKingslayer posted:

This poo poo is seriously for people traumatic brain injuries.

wwe fans have, no joke, been pavlov trained into popping for the word "bitch"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Why do people want wrestling to be a movie so bad?

Because the people with traumatic brain injuries who enjoy this don't enjoy movies anymore (they did with the MCU but that stopped with Eternals and Quantumania when it got worse even by their standards)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_2T-Phz6FQ

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
All those edgy 90s slurs and yet nobody dares to mention that Cody looked cool with bleached hair for all of three minutes and has looked like a douchebag ever since.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Do WWE viewers have gas leaks in their house or something?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

All those edgy 90s slurs and yet nobody dares to mention that Cody looked cool with bleached hair for all of three minutes and has looked like a douchebag ever since.

But if he's not blonde people might forget who his dad was.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
It's amazing that modern WWE fans seem to genuinely want their version of pro wrestling to be like that wrestling episode of South Park.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

cody is the american nightmare because he is a nepotism baby while dusty was the american dream because he was the son of a plumber and had hard times

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

cody didnt even have the anime villain bleach blonde hair when he was a bad guy

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
the bloodline started their entrance at 9:35 and they still ran out of time on the segment

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shiksa posted:

cody didnt even have the anime villain bleach blonde hair when he was a bad guy

He did!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

If you walk slowly to the ring with overly dramatic music they can say you have "presence"

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

He did!

GOAT sell of that move

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I went into the comments section for a Smackdown recap, scrolled down a random amount, and counted how long it took to find an obvious plant: about 7 seconds.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

"Dwayne, no!"
"What did I say?"
"Sorry, force of habit. Roman, no!"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

MJeff posted:

He did!

oh weird. he musta got it done during that whole thing then yeah bc i def remember natural hair cody in njpw

i feel like ive established in this forum that i have dogbrain memory

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shiksa posted:

oh weird. he musta got it done during that whole thing then yeah bc i def remember natural hair cody in njpw

i feel like ive established in this forum that i have dogbrain memory

Let's try and pin this down. This angle with Kenny was at New Beginning in Sapporo in January 2018.

Let's check Final Battle 2017 when he dropped the ROH World Championship to Dalton Castle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmEVHnHwBG4

Yup, blonde.

How about Cody vs. Christopher Daniels in a Texas Death Match at Survival of the Fittest 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DzmjFo9aPA

No blonde.

So sometime between mid-November and mid-December of 2017.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

These guys are some of the most braindead Fed fans ever. Every time Twitter's algorithm pushes me their tweets, it's going to be them gushing about the dumbest WWE clip like it's, well, cinema.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

this is cinema

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Finish the story Cody, unless they make you lose so Roman can overtake Bruno Sammartino.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

bruno should rise from the dead and beat roman's rear end

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

shiksa posted:

the rock sat him down to teach him promos but everything in the rock's book is just different ways to be homophobic

I saw the stuff about "Ooo, they're going to do another Rock Concert segment soon!" and I just imagined Dwayne picking up his rhyming dictionary; the pages for "gay" and "homo" still dog-eared from all those years ago

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cody initially dyed his hair blonde when he was playing a villain of the week on the stephen amell Arrow tv show, and liked it so much that he just kept it, reverting back to it after he left roh full time but going back to it part way through his last njpw run

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Malikov posted:

It's amazing that modern WWE fans seem to genuinely want their version of pro wrestling to be like that wrestling episode of South Park.

It's amazing that the product that does this most isn't the one run by the one who built a venue to look like the arena in that episode.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

shiksa posted:

for real, this poo poo sucks tho. we're really doing "haha look at how this guy dresses, what a f**" in 2024? (i can say it i choose not to in this moment)

got bad news for you if you thought homo/trans-phobia went anywhere in the last 20-30 years amongst WWE's demo

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
"how can we make our dumb rape erasure smokescreen product even less palatable to anyone with a moral compass?" - someone at wwe probably

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Fighting tooth and nail standing up for the rape company against the haters because otherwise you'll be deprived of the joy of watching the most boring wrestler in the world call Seth Rollins a cross-dresser.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Pulp Friction. Kirsten Sinema. Chef Levesque has cooked once again.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Swear to god, these people need to stop comparing everything to movies, because movies are medium of art/entertainment. "THIS IS LIKE MUSIC" would be an equally meaningless statement.

Drives me nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that clip of the rock has some similarities to a movie but it's way too short