Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

wandler20 posted:

OKC has 19 more games.

Pretty good.

Shai sits out the rest of the season out of habit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

runaway pancake posted:

dean "white naz reid" wade

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Metapod posted:

Pretty good

Shai rules.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/petemrogers/status/1766088858586780026?t=YHA8KB67jkCMRUQGeQWqAA&s=19

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
William Wembanyama

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
wtf blazers

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

that may be the worst lineup i've seen in an nba game.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

that can't be right. there must have been a million shittier april or covid-era lineups.

anyway, i found the worst lineup, from 2014

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

dokmo posted:

that can't be right. there must have been a million shittier april or covid-era lineups.

Jordan farmar was still in the league in 2014?!

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

dokmo posted:

that may be the worst lineup i've seen in an nba game.

For the last two or three years, I feel this way about the Blazers in March.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Patrick Beverly played 16 minutes last night, finishing 0-3 for 0 points, 0 rebounds and 0 assists, with 2 fouls. He was -16 and his team lost by 1 point.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

dokmo posted:

can't believe you would choose today to go and remind us all that steve blake is and was real

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
And yet Thybulle couldn’t even get 20 minutes on the court. Such a cool player on defense… and still useless on offense. What a shame.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

It feels like Lebron and AD being hurt is a problem... for their opponents :hmmyes:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Rick posted:

Shai rules.

It's wild he's good enough where you can wonder if he will become the greatest thunder

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

https://sports.yahoo.com/rudy-gobert-implies-gambling-influenced-refs-after-costly-tech-for-making-money-sign-042804149.html

Rudy Gobert calling out gambling is much better Rudy banter than his covid poo poo. I thought, foolishly and over a decade ago, NBA taking on tons of health insurance sponsors was as low as it could go. But with all the crypto/sports betting poo poo i'm not even sure i want my kid to watch this stuff anymore, which loving sucks. I hope they reverse course on this poo poo not just for the integrity of the game but for not exposing kids to loving gambling. Though, given who purchased a controlling share of the Mavericks recently, I highly doubt that'll happen.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

https://sports.yahoo.com/rudy-gobert-implies-gambling-influenced-refs-after-costly-tech-for-making-money-sign-042804149.html

Rudy Gobert calling out gambling is much better Rudy banter than his covid poo poo. I thought, foolishly and over a decade ago, NBA taking on tons of health insurance sponsors was as low as it could go. But with all the crypto/sports betting poo poo i'm not even sure i want my kid to watch this stuff anymore, which loving sucks. I hope they reverse course on this poo poo not just for the integrity of the game but for not exposing kids to loving gambling. Though, given who purchased a controlling share of the Mavericks recently, I highly doubt that'll happen.

even with another fixing scandal it wont go away lol, they'll just hush it up and keep on

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

DeimosRising posted:

Jordan farmar was still in the league in 2014?!

Jordan Farmar was also on an episode of hit TV show Numb3rs. I think Pau was on that episode too.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

This is just Duop slander

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://x.com/thehoopcentral/status/1766304122293383387

socketwrencher
Apr 10, 2012

Be still and know.

runaway pancake posted:

as a learned doctor, a portion of the meniscus does receive some blood supply, it's just not vascularized, ie it doesnt have blood vessels itself. it gets nutrients by absorbing it from surrounding tissues.

there are artificial meniscus replacements but they have not received fda approval becuase the studies show a relatively high failure rate and inconclusive evidence that they significantly improve outcomes. there is an approved meniscus "support" that reinforces the existing meniscus, but it also has questionable outcomes. some of the meniscus supports have been taken off the market.

i've also had three arthroscopic procedures on my knees for meniscus issues. i was hoping the NUsurface meniscus replacement that got denied fda approval last year was going to get approved, but nope. i've had a torn meniscus for several years that only gives me problems doing very specific things, so it's conceivable that Karl Towns could return this season depending on how severe the tear is, where it is, if it's acute or chronic, etc.

This is so interesting, thanks for the rundown. What's behind the high failure rate? Seems like the meniscus is basically a gasket- maybe part of the challenge is being able to keep it attached/in place?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Idgi

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.

I think we're meant to laugh at their embarrassing reaction to sga's uninteresting answer.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
a good sexer

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/KCJHoop/status/1766547093223850227

Bad vibes back

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

socketwrencher posted:

This is so interesting, thanks for the rundown. What's behind the high failure rate? Seems like the meniscus is basically a gasket- maybe part of the challenge is being able to keep it attached/in place?

that is an issue noted in the study results. abrasion of the device itself is also an issue. incorrectly sized devices is another. because the technology is new and so few surgeries have been done, surgeon inexperience with implanting them is a problem.

you also have to consider the target population of a meniscus replacement. it's going to be older people who have already had a meniscus surgery of some kind. they have chronic pain. their pain is likely from degenerative osteoarthritis. replacing the meniscus doesn't fix the arthritis, so even if they get the device, they will still have some symptoms. it's not curative. also, the arthritic changs to the bone can actually abrade the artificial meniscus. it's just a more difficult problem than it seems.

the people who would probably do best with a meniscus replacement would be young people with a severe acute tear, but who knows how they would do long term. im not sure it would even be ethical to try when other proven surgical options exist.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
How the gently caress the Bulls gonna get Lonzo Ball back before anyone on the Knicks decide to get healthy

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Doltos posted:

How the gently caress the Bulls gonna get Lonzo Ball back before anyone on the Knicks decide to get healthy

Nah it's just cause they are in LA. They Are with the team

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/1766547444198719521?s=20

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Apparently Harden just opened a restaurant/night club/hookah bar in Houston

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Apparently Harden just opened a restaurant/night club/hookah bar in Houston

sounds like poo poo OP

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://x.com/koncharfan/status/1766291329535848650?s=46

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Jack's Flow posted:

And yet Thybulle couldn’t even get 20 minutes on the court. Such a cool player on defense… and still useless on offense. What a shame.

I was worried Herb Jones would go the same route, but he has really improved his catch & shoot which is letting him get to the other skills he showed off in college more.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

the conversation in the comments where they figured out the constellation is leo even though john is an aries is killing me

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Jack's Flow posted:

Doesn't help that Portland has a bunch of other guys who are useless on offense and an awful coach.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

sucks to foul out rudy ya chump

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
theonion.jpg

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/tongbingxue/status/1766334712577151205?s=46&t=e32cW6xSoczgoUoxqqxySA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socketwrencher
Apr 10, 2012

Be still and know.

runaway pancake posted:

that is an issue noted in the study results. abrasion of the device itself is also an issue. incorrectly sized devices is another. because the technology is new and so few surgeries have been done, surgeon inexperience with implanting them is a problem.

you also have to consider the target population of a meniscus replacement. it's going to be older people who have already had a meniscus surgery of some kind. they have chronic pain. their pain is likely from degenerative osteoarthritis. replacing the meniscus doesn't fix the arthritis, so even if they get the device, they will still have some symptoms. it's not curative. also, the arthritic changs to the bone can actually abrade the artificial meniscus. it's just a more difficult problem than it seems.

the people who would probably do best with a meniscus replacement would be young people with a severe acute tear, but who knows how they would do long term. im not sure it would even be ethical to try when other proven surgical options exist.

Makes sense, this is really helpful in understanding the bigger picture. Thanks for the feedback.

It's astonishing that the meniscus holds up as well as it does, especially in high performance athletes.