Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Nuebot posted:

I have 0. Not a single person on my team, including myself, can find them. We are blind and stupid. We keep looking, too, that's the sad part. We run our clock and respawns down to the lowest we can.

ive had probably 20-25 in a teams possesion at some moment and i have watched them all be lost befor the mission end. Just now the host went down a hole with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Kazinsal posted:

difficulty 7-9 missions, look for a rock that looks kinda like a buttplug, flared base and all

I've seen screenshots but when I'm in the mission, every rock looks vaguely phallic. Just boner town out there.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Try and play day time missions with high visibility like the moon environment. The bug structures are dark red, the moon rocks are white and the super sample one will be darkish black with lightning veins

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
just pick day time missions

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
That doesn't always work though. Some planets have very fast day/night cycles. Had one earlier today that was night for like s minute then the sun came up again. I assume it had 2 suns.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Nuebot posted:

I've seen screenshots but when I'm in the mission, every rock looks vaguely phallic. Just boner town out there.

It's not phallic. Well, maybe it's phallic if you have a really strangely shaped penis.

It's a buttplug. Thin in the middle, thicker on top and at the bottom. If it's just a pillar that doesn't have those characteristics, it ain't it.

Somehow I've ended up with like 40. I need more basic ones to finish the upgrades.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

its the worst grind ive ever seen in a game because of the failure rate. like just now i did yet another blitz where i was the only person looking for super uranium, and they rushed to the extract withing 5 minutes. people are loving stupid as poo poo

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Play posted:

It's not phallic. Well, maybe it's phallic if you have a really strangely shaped penis.

It's a buttplug. Thin in the middle, thicker on top and at the bottom. If it's just a pillar that doesn't have those characteristics, it ain't it.

Somehow I've ended up with like 40. I need more basic ones to finish the upgrades.

CAN WE PLEASE NOT GENITAL SHAME IN THE DEMOCRACY THREAD

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nuebot posted:

My suggestion is to come play with goons. The folks I've run with have had an almost supernatural ability to sniff them out.

To the point where our drop point landed on one. Twice.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Warmachine posted:

To the point where our drop point landed on one. Twice.

lmao i just finished another mission where we just called in the extract after 4 minutes, i gues i just waited too long and everyone is already at max upgrades so now one gives a poo poo now

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

its the worst grind ive ever seen in a game because of the failure rate. like just now i did yet another blitz where i was the only person looking for super uranium, and they rushed to the extract withing 5 minutes. people are loving stupid as poo poo

This should still work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00PtftYp8Tg

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lmao i just finished another mission where we just called in the extract after 4 minutes, i gues i just waited too long and everyone is already at max upgrades so now one gives a poo poo now

Having them or not having them isn't going to significantly change your enjoyment of the game. Play it if it's fun or put it down if it's not. It's not worth getting frustrated over.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Nuebot posted:

"just boner town out there" is a fantastic turn of phrase, thanks.

did a bunch of 7s with mechs and, with cover, they do well against Bots or Bugs during Extraction, and are good against Bugs whenever you have to shut down a breach, stalker nest, or objective with a quickness.

I was cackling as I marched on a stalker nest, gunning down four of the fuckers as I plodded up to their home and dropped a rocket into the nest. Made up for almost every moment where they ragdolled me off a cliff with their tongue attack.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Play posted:

It's funny how this thread talks about reddit and discord being a cesspool and then proceeds to get in pointless slapfights about dumb things in a video game on nearly every page. If you think certain weapons are not viable at high diffs or need buffs or shouldn't have been nerfed, you get a sneering 'maybe you just suck at the game :smuggo:' and if you feel the opposite you get some other abuse and let yourself be drawn into an argument.

It's kind of embarrassing. We are mostly adults here, I assume? Maybe you can get your points across without acting like children/redditors, and just talk about this game we like and have fun playing.

whatever else helldivers 2 is, it is also a social experiment that is driving people crazy.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

WoodrowSkillson posted:

They're probably medal farming which wants quick main missions only.

The hell divers discord has looking for group channels that have people looking for sample farming all the time. You don't have to be a pro gamer, if you can decline unnecessary fights you're way ahead of the curve. Failing that, scan (preferably desert or ice) planets for missions that aren't full and have players not at max and try to join those. Failing that, host your own missions and tell people you're hunting samples. Failing that, play with goons. There are plenty of people that have hit max but will help others.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

like me and some friends have been playing since launch and we've been chill but today is the first day we're collectively losing our poo poo. we're playing on hard which has been doable but today there are infinite bug spawns..they don't stop..no matter what..

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Astrochicken posted:

like me and some friends have been playing since launch and we've been chill but today is the first day we're collectively losing our poo poo. we're playing on hard which has been doable but today there are infinite bug spawns..they don't stop..no matter what..

I only had time for a few games today but I did a full three mission campaign on hard and it seemed like there were more chargers running around than usual. I wonder if they buffed the spawns to give the mechs a chance to shine? Because holy poo poo it felt good to call down the mech and blow up three chargers in a row with rockets.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Internet Explorer posted:

Having them or not having them isn't going to significantly change your enjoyment of the game. Play it if it's fun or put it down if it's not. It's not worth getting frustrated over.

dont get frustrated over their posting abt it either, deprecated browser

so, getting TKd by the 380mm or w/e barrage is whatever, but one thing i truly despise is other people calling you in as a reinforcement in it so you can die to the same barrage multiple times

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Worf posted:

dont get frustrated over their posting abt it either, deprecated browser

Wise words to live by. :pray:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
lol, the exosuit desperately needs explosion resistance to be even a tiny bit practical on robot missions.

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

"The only thing peace accomplished was stagnation."

The longer it takes for turbo nerds to optimize the fun out of games for the most efficient nectar drip of dopamine, the better.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Droxis posted:

The longer it takes for turbo nerds to optimize the fun out of games for the most efficient nectar drip of dopamine, the better.

Yeah I don't actually mind that there are secret numbers regarding damage and armor and health and such things.

Mainly because I would probably look into it if there were numbers

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Janissary Hop posted:

Guess that's why I'm seeing people bringing arc thrower and flamer and still shield pack to high difficulty missions. They must not have heard of all the other stratagems.

Those are all legit choices, even in 7+ difficulties. You can use the Arc thrower well into the higher difficulties as your primary weapon, do amazing work with it, and never friendly fire your teammates. It''s all about positioning and when to engage and when to turn off and arc it in the dirt so you don't smoke your homie. Flamethrower 100% fucks against the bugs now and can kill chargers dirty fast - my one gripe is that I wish it had some sort of hitstun on the smaller enemies.

There are a ton of stratagems that while not in the meta are still really good even when poo poo gets crazy. Most people don't think much of the emplaced HMG until they get on one in a killbox and can light up 30 enemies in a single burst.

100% Skill issue.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Bought tonight, fell down a hole and blew it up from the inside.

I like the Stalwart LMG. Gameplay feels like the devs really, really liked the controls for Metal Gear Solid 5 and decided to give it more laser guns and air strikes.

Is there a switch to toggle sprint rather than hold-to-sprint? I'm using keyboard right now. How well does the game play on an Xbox controller?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Is there a switch to toggle sprint rather than hold-to-sprint? I'm using keyboard right now. How well does the game play on an Xbox controller?

yep, if you go into keybinds there's options to switch pretty much anything between hold and toggle (and some other variants) controls. you can even overload a single key with different options

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

quote is not edit

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Had a mission where the hellbomb didn't become available to take out the research station. Seemed like the radar building is stronger than the others and nothing we had on us could blow it up. We were hoping that landing a hellpod into it would do it but it just deployed him next to the building. Is this a common thing? There's not something you have to do before the hellbomb becomes available aside from entering the area is there?

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Lmao why the gently caress did they make the "destroy bug holes" mission only have a 12 minute timer, that's dumb as gently caress

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Sindai posted:

lol, the exosuit desperately needs explosion resistance to be even a tiny bit practical on robot missions.

Even with explosion resistance the mechs will still be bad. The gatling gun sucks against walkers and devastators and isn't great for berserkers and using rockets on either feels like a huge waste. I'd rather have something like an EMS sentry.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ever since that one video on armor testing clued me into the fact Red Xs = Full Damage, White Xs = Half Damage, I've come back around to preferring the Liberator over the Defender SMG. I noticed a lot more White Xs on various targets with the Defender while the Liberator gets plenty of Red Xs on the same targets. If AP values truly are on a 1-10 scale I can only assume the Liberator has a "3" or so while the Defender must have a "2" or maybe even a "1".

https://twitter.com/Pilestedt/status/1763634529397330136

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Hakarne posted:

Lmao why the gently caress did they make the "destroy bug holes" mission only have a 12 minute timer, that's dumb as gently caress
It's just another short mission type like eradication and evacuation.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ever since that one video on armor testing clued me into the fact Red Xs = Full Damage, White Xs = Half Damage, I've come back around to preferring the Liberator over the Defender SMG. I noticed a lot more White Xs on various targets with the Defender while the Liberator gets plenty of Red Xs on the same targets. If AP values truly are on a 1-10 scale I can only assume the Liberator has a "3" or so while the Defender must have a "2" or maybe even a "1".

https://twitter.com/Pilestedt/status/1763634529397330136

the only real reason to take the defender is the benefits of 1 handed

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Even your extraction shuttle will try to kill you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kx_2mRQqzo

"Helldivers never die!" :lol:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So after doing a few missions I absolutely adore the mech. 3 missions, 3 mechs each (the 1 global for everyone to try out new shiny thing + 2 from having the calldown) I've had 6 suits serve Democracy with honor. 1 had the missile bug go off when I was trying to clear a stalker nest (note it felt really good to hunt the invisible assholes down with my stompy bot up to that point). 1 was deployed on a tiny bit of flame and instantly crumpled upon landing. And 1 I accidentally blew myself up just using the last couple of rockets on a scavenger beetle.

Haven't tried them against bots but honestly it just feels good to have someone playing the role of the super heavy helping the team. Definitely a solid force multiplier without being broken.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Hakarne posted:

Even your extraction shuttle will try to kill you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kx_2mRQqzo

"Helldivers never die!" :lol:

"Enemy down, baby!"

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

"Enemy down, baby!"

The ragdoll through the air, the impact on the pillar that made my back hurt, the bug casually turning around and being like "oh hey, *stab*"... I couldn't stop laughing lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Alkydere posted:

So after doing a few missions I absolutely adore the mech. 3 missions, 3 mechs each (the 1 global for everyone to try out new shiny thing + 2 from having the calldown) I've had 6 suits serve Democracy with honor. 1 had the missile bug go off when I was trying to clear a stalker nest (note it felt really good to hunt the invisible assholes down with my stompy bot up to that point). 1 was deployed on a tiny bit of flame and instantly crumpled upon landing. And 1 I accidentally blew myself up just using the last couple of rockets on a scavenger beetle.

Haven't tried them against bots but honestly it just feels good to have someone playing the role of the super heavy helping the team. Definitely a solid force multiplier without being broken.

Oh the actual mech allows two call downs? Interesting, I thought it was just one and therefore not worth it. Two makes it a lot more promising

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I like how Pelican-1 will actually take some potshots at the bots/bugs while dropping off your mech. I fired up an easy "kill a devestator" mission just to learn the controls somewhere I wouldn't be bothered too much, and he accidentally completed the mission for me while dropping the mech off :allears:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I really enjoyed trying out the mech. Walking through the jungle mowing stuff down in support of my infantry buddy, or two of us suited up holding the extraction point. Very fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Quite funny to think of those posts people were making about how the devs were probably balancing the game around the release of mechs and how they're going to be a complete game changer that drastically increases our firepower and now we have them and they're just like a fairly decent stratagem for fighting one of the two factions.