Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
EATs certainly aren't leaving my loadout, I'm afraid to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I got to see my first level 9 bug mission and hoo nelly that was a lot of chargers.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Exosuit is fun
https://i.imgur.com/MIEPiKH.mp4

Give me one with a chainsaw and flamethrower for that 40k feel

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I want them to add the urbanmech next

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

Exosuit is fun
https://i.imgur.com/MIEPiKH.mp4

Give me one with a chainsaw and flamethrower for that 40k feel

They could make a collaboration with games workshop, and give space marine skins for Hevy armor, a Dreadnaught skin for the mech, etc.

Hell they now even make similar collaborations with freaking Call of Duty
https://spikeybits.com/2024/03/new-call-of-duty-update-lets-you-play-as-a-space-marine.html

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Bland posted:

Quite funny to think of those posts people were making about how the devs were probably balancing the game around the release of mechs and how they're going to be a complete game changer that drastically increases our firepower and now we have them and they're just like a fairly decent stratagem for fighting one of the two factions.

Totally. They're not really gamechangers, they're just fun, which is a thing that your average pubbie fuckstick has no concept of.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Hakarne posted:

Lmao why the gently caress did they make the "destroy bug holes" mission only have a 12 minute timer, that's dumb as gently caress
it's actually fun and cool to have a "get in, hit the targets, get out quick" mission type

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Hakarne posted:

Lmao why the gently caress did they make the "destroy bug holes" mission only have a 12 minute timer, that's dumb as gently caress

I remember the first time I played this mission type because we were running around wildly looking for bug holes but we were all too cowardly to enter the big red DANGEROUS areas on the map. When time ran out and we were told the emergency extraction shuttle was on its way, we stayed put and waited several minutes for the shuttle to come to us

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

LazyMaybe posted:

it's actually fun and cool to have a "get in, hit the targets, get out quick" mission type

I just slap on a shield and rush all the holes with a grenade launcher. For automatons Eagle Airstrike + Orbital Precision strike gets the job done easily since they will be off cooldown by the time I run to the next cluster of fabricators.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
are those nursing bastards suppose to spawn as much as the normal bugs in extreme and onwards?? cause god drat i can only dodge so much before being melted from full health from a stray stream of insect piss and poo poo, also they can take out a full health mech when they explode, like god drat. plus their body blocking hitbox straight outta half life 1

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
grenade launcher/autocannon demolish those, imo you always want at least 1 player to bring one of those two weapons

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Post-patch laser cannon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKmiFLeQCPE

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Hakarne posted:

Whenever I do an operation, I run this mission first. If the group can do that mission, they’ll be able to do the other ones.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

just joined a mission in progress with a goon on my friends list. first time playing suicide with bugs :stare:

now I get what everyone was talking about. The only thing I could do was kite around all the chargers while the three others twenty levels higher than me actually put in the work. insane

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ever since that one video on armor testing clued me into the fact Red Xs = Full Damage, White Xs = Half Damage, I've come back around to preferring the Liberator over the Defender SMG.

Fwiw, Defender has a nice advantage of being able to fire it behind you while running. This is great against bots because suppressing fire lowers enemy accuracy. Not having to slow down or stop to do that is very valuable. The gun seems like a great option if you need to stay very mobile, which is a lot of the time in this game.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
we’re missing medals for like two or three major orders, right?

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Is the mech a buyable stratagem or just temporarily unlocked weekend thing?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i got mine

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Banjo Bones posted:

It's both! You can buy the stratagem permanently, but you also get a bonus additional stratagem every mission

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

There's a queue, I guess their server was making GBS threads itself trying to give everyone their stuff at the same time so it's just running down the list slowly handing them out. You should get yours eventualy.

Banjo Bones posted:

It's both.

:E taking the stratagem while the free one is up apparently still won't let you call in more than 2 total throughout the mission.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Worf posted:

i got mine

maybe it’ll hit at some point but i never got the heeth ones or the tien kwan ones

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

After playing a bunch of missions today I got all my rewards at once - about 105 medals.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

The mech actually does make higher levels feel a lot more viable. Suicide Mission feels comparable to Challenging if you've got your team calling down the mechs when you have no choice but to dig in at an objective. It might be different once we don't all get a free one, but they make groups of chargers a lot more manageable.

Still gotta be careful with turret placement though. I called my free mech in on an eliminate bugs mission and died instantly to my own autocannon turret hitting me in the back :doh:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Banjo Bones posted:

20k to unlock and you need to be level 25

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't wait to unlock the slugger because even the punisher feels pretty good to use now. You have practically unlimited ammo and it one or two shots any bug at close range.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I joined a mission, grabbed a suitcase, did a radar station, delivered the suitcase with someone else to the main objective, finished that, helped someone with an outpost and died once. Got called in near the host who said "i really should kick and block u". Saw the sample rock up a hill, shot a couple of robots to get to it, and the host died. Got booted. Can only assume they were some kind of fuckwit

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah that sounds like a bad player that thinks they're good.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I hope they bring in more type of mechs or customizable mechs. I want to put auto cannons on that thing.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

bloodychill posted:

I hope they bring in more type of mechs or customizable mechs. I want to put auto cannons on that thing.

they should tease railgun mechs the last few days of the month then on april 1 be like haha JK assholes

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

bandaid.friend posted:

I joined a mission, grabbed a suitcase, did a radar station, delivered the suitcase with someone else to the main objective, finished that, helped someone with an outpost and died once. Got called in near the host who said "i really should kick and block u". Saw the sample rock up a hill, shot a couple of robots to get to it, and the host died. Got booted. Can only assume they were some kind of fuckwit

There are some people in this game that think there is a very specific way that the game has to be played and if you deviate from that version of correct that exists in their head (that they will never tell you that you are breaking) they will seethe with rage before kicking.

I find it best to just host myself so I never have to worry about that and can finish the full string of 3 missions, you won't ever get those missions where you join a minute before extraction with full samples but oh well.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Jolo posted:

Had a mission where the hellbomb didn't become available to take out the research station. Seemed like the radar building is stronger than the others and nothing we had on us could blow it up. We were hoping that landing a hellpod into it would do it but it just deployed him next to the building. Is this a common thing? There's not something you have to do before the hellbomb becomes available aside from entering the area is there?

If you leave the area and go back to it sometimes it resets mission specific strategems. At least it seemed like that to me.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

bloodychill posted:

There is a dual auto-cannons mech in the files. Did we only get the rocket+gat one?

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

LazyMaybe posted:

grenade launcher/autocannon demolish those, imo you always want at least 1 player to bring one of those two weapons

i'll need a belt fed autocannon for what i had to deal with

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
are the loving servers on fire again? jesus christ

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Astroniomix posted:

There's a queue, I guess their server was making GBS threads itself trying to give everyone their stuff at the same time so it's just running down the list slowly handing them out. You should get yours eventualy.

It's both.

:E taking the stratagem while the free one is up apparently still won't let you call in more than 2 total throughout the mission.

Nope. If you bring the Stratagem while the free one is up you get 3 total.

Source: I've done 4 missions where I've summoned 3 total mechs for myself. Of course your milage may vary on them being usable: the things pop like balloons sometimes.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Booty Pageant posted:

i'll need a belt fed autocannon for what i had to deal with
grenade launcher with resupply pack on your back is pretty drat close to this. I frequently basically wipe all the spewers on a mission with this when teammates don't have good gear for those.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
imo mechs should take at least 3 fatal hits before exploding ala metal slug

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I called in a mech and it exploded when it stepped on a cholla cactus

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

poor Patriot, thought about ants & died

I don't get the flamethrower; all I ever see people do is expend a whole fuel tank to kill a charger, or much more often set themselves on fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

poor Patriot, thought about ants & died

I don't get the flamethrower; all I ever see people do is expend a whole fuel tank to kill a charger, or much more often set themselves on fire

The flamethrower is bad. It does good damage now, but the complete lack of enemy reactions to fire means you’re never going to hold back the horde.