Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Lol the DND US politics thread is talking about how Biden isn't actually that old and isn't senile and it's actually just right wing propaganda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

RC Cola posted:

Lol the DND US politics thread is talking about how Biden isn't actually that old and isn't senile and it's actually just right wing propaganda

every week I'm like "lol they have outdone themselves this time...." but this time for real. what the gently caress?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

"even if it's on whitehouse.gov, you're being fooled by right wing framing because you can't guarantee you've never once been exposed to the right wing media"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/POTUS/status/1766251114364592594?s=20

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

every week I'm like "lol they have outdone themselves this time...." but this time for real. what the gently caress?

Didn't you watch tsotu? He was so presidential

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I’ve been reading a history of the Nazis and it’s made me a lot less worried about our country. People in America are much, much more comfortable (and fat and lazy) than Germans after WW1. People in mass numbers aren’t going to start joining violent movements if it means they have to miss their shows and be in danger

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ignore him screaming about illegals coming to murder you

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

They are invested in a fictional Joe Biden, which may as well be the one the Onion cooked up during the Obama years.

It doesn’t matter what you show them, they want to see a statesman, and so they will.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

yesterday it was enough to believe that he was the leftmost President in generations. But as the situation has evolved, and the polls look even worse, it is now critical to also believe he is fully hale and hearty. It will be incredible to see what it becomes necessary to believe to signal appropriate loyalty in the future.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

"even if it's on whitehouse.gov, you're being fooled by right wing framing because you can't guarantee you've never once been exposed to the right wing media"

gold star liberals

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

RC Cola posted:

This is a big thing every lib I encounter is now parroting. They then picot to "TRUMP IS THE OLD, SENILE ONE!". Like no poo poo. They both are you dumbasses

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

one senile dementia addled r-word vs another senile r-word dipshit

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

mawarannahr posted:

The regulars in that thread aren't even moving goalposts anymore: they're playing a game where every time they kick the ball they score points and every time anybody else does they don't, no matter how it was kicked or where the ball even landed.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

This is a big thing every lib I encounter is now parroting. They then picot to "TRUMP IS THE OLD, SENILE ONE!". Like no poo poo. They both are you dumbasses

One of the two of them is allowed to post on social media by his handlers though and the other one just eats ice cream all day so he doesn't open his dumbass senile mouth and say something super racist

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
I especially like the line that people only care about genocide because they've been brainwashed by propaganda. No way could anyone have their own values or come to their own conclusions.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

RC Cola posted:

are they all like in their 20s or something? meet anyone that is older than 75 and be like holy poo poo you should be retired.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

No, technically you should be in a memory unit somewhere.

I don't care if Joe Biden is just a puppet controlled remotely by his bitey dogs: he's still better than an orange sack of lard controlled by the Russians

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

discoukulele posted:

I especially like the line that people only care about genocide because they've been brainwashed by propaganda. No way could anyone have their own values or come to their own conclusions.

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded. Centrism isn't change -- not even incremental change. It is *control*. Over yourself and the world. Exercise it.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they have no morals or beliefs of any kind other than the status quo must be maintained and they personally must not be inconvenienced in anyway

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

here's the entirety of liberal beliefs: Everything I believe is morally and intellectually correct -> I support the Democrats -> Everything the Democrats do is morally and intellectually correct

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RC Cola posted:

That's not even a new discussion. They've been making that claim from the first moment they saw someone point out that he looks like the Cryptkeeper puppet got run through a bleach wash

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I think that maybe the people who went from talking about concentration camps to prohibiting the use of the term have a predetermined set of conclusions and if you are still trying to engage maybe the problem is with you

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

joepinetree posted:

I think that maybe the people who went from talking about concentration camps to prohibiting the use of the term have a predetermined set of conclusions and if you are still trying to engage maybe the problem is with you

It 100% is a problem with me - I need to know how deep this rabbit hole runs.:f5:

\/\/\/true\/\/\/

Majorian has issued a correction as of 19:21 on Mar 9, 2024

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Majorian posted:

It 100% is a problem with me - I need to know how deep this rabbit hole runs.:f5:

you already know how deep it runs they're willing to support genocide

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Gorson posted:

The president, who understands none of it, would be responsible for determining which are security threats

Not entirely true, Trump understands social media better than any man alive and the bill would give him almost mod-like powers over all of it.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off
because I'm a masochist, every once in a while I'll go read the bad thread. I've got to stop though. I find myself rolling my eyes and making the jackoff motion so much I've got tennis elbow.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Best Friends posted:

yesterday it was enough to believe that he was the leftmost President in generations. But as the situation has evolved, and the polls look even worse, it is now critical to also believe he is fully hale and hearty. It will be incredible to see what it becomes necessary to believe to signal appropriate loyalty in the future.

by november d&d will be leading the charge to keep god emperor biden on the throne for all eternity

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

libs doing their own jan 6th if biden loses would be the funniest thing ever. their version of the qanon shaman will be an RBG cosplayer trying to steal the inauguration bible because technically trump can't become president if he isn't sworn in.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

blue squares posted:

I’ve been reading a history of the Nazis and it’s made me a lot less worried about our country. People in America are much, much more comfortable (and fat and lazy) than Germans after WW1. People in mass numbers aren’t going to start joining violent movements if it means they have to miss their shows and be in danger

Its a good thing the US isnt a colonial empire capable of exporting violence and repression around the world through coups, terrorism, and proxy wars that are either supported or ignored at home! But hey, as long as the things arent directly happening to you, personally, you can be a lot less worried in peace

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

RC Cola posted:

i must be insane because all i saw was an old man struggling to read a teleprompter for an hour, occasionally yelling that we must stop the immigrants or the chinese. it's like when trump would ramble for an hour and then everyone would say oh So Presidential

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they set the bar at him not dying while giving the speech so i guess he passed sort of already today he seems to be on deaths bed again

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

the_steve posted:

That's not even a new discussion. They've been making that claim from the first moment they saw someone point out that he looks like the Cryptkeeper puppet got run through a bleach wash

I don't normally read d&d. Or at least I mostly stopped when I realized what freaks they are a few years ago

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al! posted:

i must be insane because all i saw was an old man struggling to read a teleprompter for an hour, occasionally yelling that we must stop the immigrants or the chinese. it's like when trump would ramble for an hour and then everyone would say oh So Presidential

Biden, like Trump, comes back to life when hes working a crowd and shouting about his bloodlust fantasies. I bet that old lich could have gone for another hour if he was allowed to ramble about murdering foreigners and looting their corpses the whole time

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Nix Panicus posted:

Biden, like Trump, comes back to life when hes working a crowd and shouting about his bloodlust fantasies. I bet that old lich could have gone for another hour if he was allowed to ramble about murdering foreigners and looting their corpses the whole time

That one comic with senator bloodfeast who is 125 and just wants to nuke Iran so bad. But it's Biden and genocide /exterminating non whites

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

blue squares posted:

This is true, though paradoxically it means our fascism is far more entrenched and mature than fascism was in Nazi Germany

Worth noting that "Americans are too fat and lazy to join a fascist lynchmob" is only good news for white Americans, we are still quite adept at visiting our fascism on other populations foreign and domestic

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Danann posted:

by november d&d will be leading the charge to keep god emperor biden on the throne for all eternity

How many of them still lament the fact that Obama is ineligible for a third term?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Majorian posted:

"Awkshually, what's happening in Ukraine is way worse than what's happening in Gaza," there, I found the bottom for you.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

RC Cola posted:

That one comic with senator bloodfeast who is 125 and just wants to nuke Iran so bad. But it's Biden and genocide /exterminating non whites

Reminder that D&D tried to say Numbers Fuckstein was antisemitic.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

is pepsi ok posted:

libs doing their own jan 6th if biden loses would be the funniest thing ever. their version of the qanon shaman will be an RBG cosplayer trying to steal the inauguration bible because technically trump can't become president if he isn't sworn in.

If they even TRY to replace RBG we burn the entire ****ing thing down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

is pepsi ok posted:

here's the entirety of liberal beliefs: Everything I believe is morally and intellectually correct -> I support the Democrats -> Everything the Democrats do is morally and intellectually correct

And yet there’s no moral or intellectual consistency or rigour in it, so wtf

e: I get that the only quality that matter to them is that they’re the ones doing it, like “if I think it, it’s intellectual”, “if I believe it, it’s moral”, but… that’s no way to go around in the world.