Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Yeah, I googled what happened when I saw him bc I could tell he'd been through some poo poo. His face aged really quickly from surviving the near-death experience and I wasn't prepared for it.

I love how his daughter and The Boulets tower over him and kinda wanna see a series of pictures of Kevin Smith next to drag queens now. Them, confident, glowing, goddess-like, and him just bein' his tiny goofy self there.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

He looks so different now. I’m glad he survived the heart incident. I wish he would buy his correct size (he’s a medium now, most likely) instead of xxl.

I won’t watch his movies or listen to his repetitive podcast but I’m glad he’s kicking. He’s a nice dude from all accounts.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Kevin Smith is the guy who makes movies that people will bring up a conversation on bad movies and I’ll just go “What do you mean? That one’s good.”

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The thing about one’s image is, if it loving sucks, you can change it. Does he need the adoration of the Legion of Bed Sores that comprise his fanbase that badly?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

haha what??

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Is Will Smith a scientologist now? I'm sure I heard that somewhere.
Also it’s great how GoT died because the guys in charge just wanted to get it over with so they could start work on a star war, but they ruined GoT so comprehensively that the star wars offer was taken away from them.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Tree Bucket posted:

Also it’s great how GoT died because the guys in charge just wanted to get it over with so they could start work on a star war, but they ruined GoT so comprehensively that the star wars offer was taken away from them.

i thought they also had some "what if the South won the civil war" series on HBO that also got kicked out?

i heard Will Smith say he is not, but he supports all religions, and love, and is a vessel of love, and his kids were raised in it and....yeah he is one.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

emSparkly posted:

Kevin Smith is the guy who makes movies that people will bring up a conversation on bad movies and I’ll just go “What do you mean? That one’s good.”

I heard someone poo poo on Dogma the other day and I'm like what the gently caress is wrong with you

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
Dogma is great and I’m really sad I can’t stream it anywhere because of some stupid hollywood bullshit with ownership rights.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gerblyn posted:

Dogma is great and I’m really sad I can’t stream it anywhere because of some stupid hollywood bullshit with ownership rights.

Maybe I got this here, I haven't watched it, but it looks like the whole movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIbqEE6YI7Y

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Tree Bucket posted:

Oh yeah for a while now, Jada too. They opened a school and it was just a Scientology school.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

redshirt posted:

Maybe I got this here, I haven't watched it, but it looks like the whole movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIbqEE6YI7Y

Oh, thanks!

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Zach effron’s incantations to steal Mickey rouke’s life essence are finally paying off

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

SgtScruffy posted:

He had a heart attack and was insanely close to dying so he went strict vegan and lost a shitload of weight so he can have a long life to spend with his kids. Part of it is that he still wears the baggiest poo poo ever as part of his image, so he always looks like he’s dying.

I don’t think I’ve seen pics of him wearing clothes that aren’t like jncos and an XXL hockey jersey since he lost weight

he’s wearing a fitted suit jacket in that very pic you quoted

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dawg it’s the jorts. The jorts are his “brand.” I think it’s probably also how he feels most comfortable. The jorts make him feel safe. They pOwn his taint/brown area.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Dawg it’s the jorts. The jorts are his “brand.” I think it’s probably also how he feels most comfortable. The jorts make him feel safe. They pOwn his taint/brown area.

Emotional support jorts

Moonlit Knight
Nov 26, 2018
sujjorts

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Jorts are pretty nice

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Shorts are comfortable

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

With tick populations being what they are, I wear a skin tight tick proof first skin, modulated to my heads up!

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

redshirt posted:

With tick populations being what they are, I wear a skin tight tick proof first skin, modulated to my heads up!

What's a little alpha-gal syndrome, anyways?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Jorts are pretty nice

only daisy dukes can cup my fine cakes.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

only daisy dukes can cup my fine cakes.

point of order, not assuming anything but when on a man they are called Daisy Dicks

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Sometimes men have juicy asses and sometimes women have killer hogs. Sometimes, both.

Liberate yourself from the jort binary

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
i do declare; if the jean booty pants packing a hog i will to my grave call them daisy dicks

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Go off, king.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I did enjoy early eps of his Batman podcast when he got both Adam West & Kevin Conroy & they had fascinating stories. Plus his interview with Paul Dini mentioned being on the staff of Masters of the Universe & the writers asked themselves if He-man or Skeletor were intended to be considered the masters & they admitted they didn’t know, to illustrate how little the series was thought out past toy sales.

He's amiable and good at interviews, he's just really bad at regular stuff that you'd expect people who get interviewed might have like talent or taste.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Tbh I thought the backlash against Will Smith after he slapped Chris Rock was because of people's belief that the event was staged

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Tbh I thought the backlash against Will Smith after he slapped Chris Rock was because of people's belief that the event was staged

I would watch an award show where all the celebrities slapped each other.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
The hardest thing for to watch about the slap is the palpable sense that Smith's rage dwindled in the long walk to the stage, but he'd set things in motion that he had to see through.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Disco Pope posted:

The hardest thing for to watch about the slap is the palpable sense that Smith's rage dwindled in the long walk to the stage, but he'd set things in motion that he had to see through.

lol. Meanwhile, inside Will Smith's head.......

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

lol. Meanwhile, inside Will Smith's head.......

"ok willie boy.... no sweat, it'll be just like in Independence Day.... 'welcome to earf!!', they loved you for that! you got this in the bag..."

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
What would've happened if Will just said "Hey man, not cool, you should apologize!" and then just stood there waiting, or immediately turned around and walked back to his seat?

Would Chris Rock have apologized, or kept going?

Would Jada join in with Chris and just dunk on Will even harder?

The slap might've spared him an even greater huwilliation imo.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

YoursTruly posted:

huwilliation

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

You'd think oscar security would be tight enough to tackle even Will Smith so it all looked very fake

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
I just read all about Dolly Parton after that goon said she was deified and, wow, yeah, I get it finally. My god what a woman. And the voice.

I've never teared up from reading a Wikipedia article before. All her genuine and difficult efforts to help are there, and it's a really long list.

Make America Dolly Parton

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

YoursTruly posted:

huwilliation.

Read this in the Quake 3 announcer voice.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Still funny she not only dueted with human cumsock Kid Rock but then doubled-down by crying about cancel culture. Whom amongst us hasn’t championed an openly bigoted piece of poo poo and then went on to make sure that everyone knew you really meant it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the impurity of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Zugzwang posted:

You stopped at a good place with Harry Potter, since book 5 is 900 pages of mostly teen angst. It is unbelievably painful to read.

Speaking of which, has JK Rowling been mentioned in this thread yet?

I remember Book 5 taking an eternity to come out and being a total slog whose only interesting part was Dolores Umbridge. Turns out she was the real Rowling self insert lmao

Gatto Grigio posted:

Probably when she released that multi-page document on Twitter to tell everyone “I don’t hate trans people but also here is why hating trans people is cool and good, i am very intelligent”

They pretended it didn’t exist, just like they ignored the antisemitic stereotype goblins and the elves who enjoy chattel slavery. Because they simply couldn’t accept that someone who wrote their favorite childhood book might actually be a bad person.

People gave Rowling a lot of excuses because the first three Potter books are genuinely good kid's books full of clever ideas and whimsical touches that were actually funny, because people want to believe there is a moral order to the universe, that good art is made by good people and bad people make bad art, much like the great rock albums of the 1960s and 1970s were good music even though half the people involved in them were pedophiles, and a lot of people cannot live with this cognitive dissonance and want to believe either that Jimmy Page was innocent or that Led Zeppelin never made good music

Rowling always was terrible but she wrote three very good books in which her terrible personality and opinions were on display but nobody cared because she had a huge stroke of inspiration at the beginning and the early Potter books were great despite her.

E: the big difference between Led Zeppelin and Rowling was that Zep knew when to loving stop

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 15, 2024