Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Betting on an extremely old lady to die, what a gamble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Neeksy posted:

Betting on an extremely old lady to die, what a gamble.

It's gone incredibly, comically wrong before.

quote:

In 1965, aged 90 and with no heirs left, Calment signed a life estate contract on her apartment with civil law notary André-François Raffray, selling the property in exchange for a right of occupancy and a monthly revenue of 2,500 francs (€380) until her death. Raffray died on 25 December 1995, by which time Calment had received more than double the apartment's value from him, and his family had to continue making payments. Calment commented on the situation by saying, "in life, one sometimes makes bad deals".

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

FeyerbrandX posted:

Now fast forward some amount of time. Number 2 (who now has a name I can't remember it) leaves the front because she either can't have kids and is decimated about it, wants to have kids,

lmfao that's black widow's shtick from the marvel movies

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

To be fair, the Queen having already been dead was a conspiracy I half-jokingly subscribed to. Wanted to wait until after the holidays so the economy wouldn't be so hosed by it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The theory I wanted to be true is that the Queen had died a while ago but they held off on the announcement until Boris Johnson was no longer PM.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Shitenshi posted:

He said that he KNOWS that Putin has some kind of incurable disease or whatever that's going to kill him fast by the end of the year (which was 2022 then), and is just wrecking as much havoc as he can before he croaks to ensure he has a legacy. Said that he's not going to just attack Ukraine either, he's going to come at Sweden and Finland and every other adjacent nation too before the year was up, all because he has a small dick, and really scared the piss out of a user there on his Discord there who was living in Finland that if she didn't get the gently caress out dodge soon that she wasn't long for this world. And no loving poo poo, Putin is goofy, Putin is a strong man weasel, a dictator with a cult of personality and so much worse, and like Kim Jong-Un and Trump he is a buffoon who is totally full of poo poo in everything he does and stands for and it wouldn't surprise me that something is seriously going on with him behind the scenes, but if that's all there is to your theory, it's no different than any Youtuber or blogger. Forget any talk of geopolitical realities or how nations work, no, Putin was just doing this because he knows he's going to die soon, and is fighting a losing war solely to ensure that he would be remembered.

The only proof ever Id ever gave of this idea was that he studied history. Never provided proof beyond that, just that he studied history whatever the gently caress that was supposed to mean, and that was that. People there ate that poo poo up too, without needing any proof whatsoever, and shot down anyone who spoke even remotely to the contrary of this narrative as Putin apologists. It didn't matter that a lot of official news reports contrasted what he claimed when it came to battle reports either. He even once said that the only reason that the war was beginning to last so long beyond his predictions was uh, because uber merc she-devil Number Two was shot in the rear end, putting her out of commission from killing as many Russian invaders as possible.

Wow, that was simultaneously both more stupid and less imaginatively batshit than I expected. Thanks for the loredump! :)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Insanely funny to make this arrangement with someone who will live to be the oldest person ever verified lmao

FrenchBen
Nov 30, 2013

When I checked the WOTR LP update this morning, I wasn't expecting to be sent in such a rabbit hole of what the gently caress. Color me as another who joined here because of his LPs, wanted to read as it went and not have to wait for archive. Welp.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Meowywitch posted:

I miss retsupurae but I think they just moved on with their lives

cest la vie

Here watch all of these

Beef and Betus Do Things
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-DNICST8ZbySUg0gP2jzgqK2AFvSqKHG

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Runa posted:

more importantly when is dahir insaat going to produce new content

I've actually been checking out their youtube channel the other day, and not only are they still making videos on amazing technology that will be deployed in the real world any time now, they also have a patreon to fund it all! The Patreon makes 70 cents per month.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!
Working on a paper all week and haven't checked the site in a while. Decided to pop in, only to see that The Sandcastle has like 570 new posts since Sunday. Knew something major had happened that I had missed out on, so I started from the first new post. Well, it was either that or a bunch of people talking about Toriyama. Anyway, read the first page of people RIP'ing Id. Figured that would be the general theme for the other 569-odd posts, so I just skipped right to the most recent.

Ho-ly shiiit. I was not prepared for that turnabout. You truly never know what you will get from this forum. Some days you're watching some guy get not-mad over subforum rules and making Youtube videos about how much of an rear end in a top hat nine-gear crow is; some days you watch a guy proudly request an LP of a weird Pokemon sex slave romhack; and then there are days like today, where a veteran (of the forum, anyway) LP'er has their entire decade-plus house of cards come crashing down because they fumbled the big climax they had planned for their online persona.

All I will say is that Id's LPs were a major contributor to me joining the site and doing the handful that I did. Also, I am glad that I never felt the urge to build some insane fantasy image of myself in order to... something, for some vague reason. I am exactly the fat/unsuccessful/unattractive/lonely loser that I have always portrayed myself to be. My legacy is bulletproof.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Mostly lurker here. Add me to the :confused: pile about the TDI revelations, because WHY?
And gently caress, I guess TDI's story about him tweeting :yokotaro: about his Nier Replicant LP while in a drunken haze and the GOAT sending some cool Nier swag was a lie too.
I so wanted it to be true :smith: (because Yoko Taro is amazing)

(and later posts)

Welp. Hope you can heal from this bullshit now.
From what it's worth I loved your Civilization Gear Solid and XCOM1 LPs.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Psycho Knight posted:

I am exactly the fat/unsuccessful/unattractive/lonely loser that I have always portrayed myself to be. My legacy is bulletproof.

Isn't that what a real secret agent would say??? I'm on to you!

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Psycho Knight posted:

Working on a paper all week and haven't checked the site in a while. Decided to pop in, only to see that The Sandcastle has like 570 new posts since Sunday. Knew something major had happened that I had missed out on, so I started from the first new post. Well, it was either that or a bunch of people talking about Toriyama. Anyway, read the first page of people RIP'ing Id. Figured that would be the general theme for the other 569-odd posts, so I just skipped right to the most recent.

Ho-ly shiiit. I was not prepared for that turnabout. You truly never know what you will get from this forum. Some days you're watching some guy get not-mad over subforum rules and making Youtube videos about how much of an rear end in a top hat nine-gear crow is; some days you watch a guy proudly request an LP of a weird Pokemon sex slave romhack; and then there are days like today, where a veteran (of the forum, anyway) LP'er has their entire decade-plus house of cards come crashing down because they fumbled the big climax they had planned for their online persona.

All I will say is that Id's LPs were a major contributor to me joining the site and doing the handful that I did. Also, I am glad that I never felt the urge to build some insane fantasy image of myself in order to... something, for some vague reason. I am exactly the fat/unsuccessful/unattractive/lonely loser that I have always portrayed myself to be. My legacy is bulletproof.

Okay but tell me when you do another lp, I enjoy following yours.

Was anyone else super sad when they joined the forums for real and all the gently caress' turned into gently caress.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I feel that the word filter has ruined me, because now I can't use the word "gently caress" without it feeling wrong on some level.
Should use rear end in a top hat more though.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

MythosDragon posted:

Okay but tell me when you do another lp, I enjoy following yours.

Was anyone else super sad when they joined the forums for real and all the gently caress' turned into gently caress.

I occasionally still fall into gently caressing things just for fun and occasionally trick people into thinking their cookies got nuked and got logged off.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is there a list of the words and phrases that get replaced?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is there a list of the words and phrases that get replaced?

yep, right here.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Here's the code that has the whole list. There's a second one that is commented out that only changes "Tom Brady" to "Brett Favre".
PHP code:
function convert_filth($text) {
        $badwords = array('gently caress','poo poo','drat','rear end','rear end in a top hat','oval office', 'loving', 'hosed', 'lovely', 'making GBS threads', 'human being', 'friend of the family');
        foreach($badwords as $badword) $filth_in[] = "/\b{$badword}\b/i";
        $filth_out = array( 'gently caress', 'poo poo', 'drat', 'rear end', 'rear end in a top hat', 'oval office', 'loving', 'hosed', 'lovely', 'making GBS threads', 'human being', 'friend of the family');
        return preg_replace($filth_in, $filth_out, $text);
}

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I liked the SJW/skeleton filter

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

function convert_filth is my favorite function

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

God what a horrible way to map an input to an output

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Man, I was like, this close to suggesting we create a memorial gang tag for Id :downs: Everybody laugh at me

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 9, 2024

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Vitamin Me posted:

God what a horrible way to map an input to an output

And those aren't even the load bearing slurs :pseudo:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Hwurmp posted:

I liked the SJW/skeleton filter

My favorite is hth = I'm a huge prick

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Wow this is a more complicated way of doing a dictionary replace. :v:

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

However, consider this: It works, something that isn't a given for Radium code.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Happy Landfill posted:

Man, I was like, this close to suggesting we create a memorial gang tag for Id :downs: Everybody laugh at me

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Happy Landfill posted:

make one to commemorate the occasion of everyone coming out of the woodwork and immediately going :stonk:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

where do I have to jump to find the original TDI reveal post

Im guessing TDI does not have a dead child after all?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Forget a dead kid, it's pretty clear at this point neither his wife or kid ever existed in the first place.

Kosume Shezaki
Feb 23, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

where do I have to jump to find the original TDI reveal post

Im guessing TDI does not have a dead child after all?

The pyf thread in goldmine should tell you the initial page in the title

Also most likely not. I doubt someone will find absolute proof without going well beyond most folks should, but I do recall that apparently someone came into the discord the night I happened o call it out as a lie though that was deleted by the time I came across the aftermath

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Kids there was a son in the Id Typographic universe too.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
What I'm thinking about is this: usually when somebody dies it's customary to permaban their account so nobody can hack into it and pretend to be them. So what do we do, do we ban their account based on their word that they somehow died of unexplained super-cancer or do we leave it be on the assumption they are some kind of Omega-liar and they are still alive?

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Look, Dark Id started working at a secret radioactive storage facility, and after saving someone during an accident, he contracted intense cancer and has only a little longer to live. He's gone to the Ukraine to make one last thing right before the end...

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tombot posted:

What I'm thinking about is this: usually when somebody dies it's customary to permaban their account so nobody can hack into it and pretend to be them. So what do we do, do we ban their account based on their word that they somehow died of unexplained super-cancer or do we leave it be on the assumption they are some kind of Omega-liar and they are still alive?

Leave it unbanned so that if he ever tries to come back and pretend to be a relative or something we can all laugh about it, imo

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Tombot posted:

Fajita Queen posted:

Leave it unbanned so that if he ever tries to come back and pretend to be a relative or something we can all laugh about it, imo

agreed, since he axed his twitter I want to hear what the next step is.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I see the complete opposite of any reason to prevent Id from posting further.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Dark RIP

bladededge
Sep 17, 2017

im sorry every one. the throne of heroes ran out of new heroic spirits so the grail had to summon existing ones in swimsuits instead

Happy Landfill posted:

There is, I suspect, a large number of people hanging around here in these forums because of that guy. I'm one, I joined SA to get my FFX LP updates. It's cool. None of us saw this coming, unless you actually paid attention in his discord where he claimed to murder a bunch of russian agents on Prince Edward Island or something (?).

It was funny more than anything else, until people started coming out here with stories about being emotionally abused, and also brainwashed into actually believing anything interesting happened on Prince Edward Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
More like The Dark Rid him of his posting privileges!!